1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 13:47   Link #81
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
it didn't ever mention it in the anime, So wouldn't people have not understood that?
Darn Anime cutting out little details :[
On the other hand, it is mentioned in the wikipedia
Old 2007-10-02, 13:55   Link #82
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You know, I think I'd have been a lot more emotionally affected by this episode if I wasn't already somewhat on the side of Takano. Part of the problem is that we have already seen all these characters dying a number of times and the chapter was titled Minagoroshi, making it quite clear what's going to happen to them in the end - this all reduced considerably the shock value of the episode. All this team spirit, friendship and defeating fate are nice but presented in a way that's a bit cheesy in my opinion. A bit too much emphasis on sheer will for my taste. As we saw in the episode a will to fight is not good enough without brute force to support it. I hope they try to do soemthing really cunning in the next arc and not you know, try with even greater fighting spirit only.
I am somewhat happy that I am not the only weirdo who actually felt some pleasure from watching the sheer evilness of Takano.

I was kind of annoying that Takano went for a trick from Villain Cliches 101, namely informing the protagonists what your goal is, right you before you kill them (or in most cases leave them in deadly trap from which they escape). Rena's retort was nice, thoguh!

Quote:
No, in fact, what Takano was doing was another way to "leisurly" executing her plan.
"Go anywhere you wishes, your fate is sealed".
Hell yeah! At first I was all "Takano is so stupid, why didn't she kill them while they were standing as sitting ducks around K1" but then it seemed that it was part of a sadistic game.

How exactly does Takano intend to become god (goddess is not politically correct enough these days maybe?). God of what? No one is going to live in Hinamizawa after the Disaster, right? OK, she is crazy but she is not stupid. I am probably missing something important.

Old 2007-10-02, 14:16   Link #83
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
On the other hand, it is mentioned in the wikipedia
Yeah but the wikipedia entry is a spoiler galore capable of spoiling the whole story for the unwary initiate, so it's not really the most recommendable reference
Old 2007-10-02, 15:15   Link #84
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

*Braces for the Death Note parodies involving Takano*
Old 2007-10-02, 15:16   Link #85
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

How exactly does Takano intend to become god (goddess is not politically correct enough these days maybe?). God of what? No one is going to live in Hinamizawa after the Disaster, right? OK, she is crazy but she is not stupid. I am probably missing something important.
Cultural context. She doesn't mean "I am going to have people build shrines to me". "Become a god" is a metaphor. After all, she doesn't believe gods exist in the metaphysical sense so by killing Oyashiro-sama's followers, she is killing Oyashiro-sama itself and in so doing she becomes the true Oyashiro.
Old 2007-10-02, 15:36   Link #86
BakaOnna

I think this was the best episode so far in this seeason, though a lot of this season had really awesome episode. The ending made me tear. Now I wish I hadn't given so many tens.

Anyway,
Spoiler:

Oh yea, the similiaries are uncanny.
Spoiler:

Last edited by BakaOnna; 2007-10-02 at 15:57.
Old 2007-10-02, 16:00   Link #87
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I think this was the best episode so far in this seeason, though a lot of this season had really awesome episode. The ending made me tear. Now I wish I hadn't given so many tens.

Anyway,
Spoiler:

Oh yea, the similiaries are uncanny.
Spoiler:
RIGHT ON!

*Gives you cookies*
Old 2007-10-02, 16:21   Link #88
Jaden

Hahaha. I thought up until now that this would be the last episode. Just how many episodes will there be?

Finally got the answer to the disaster mystery - it's part of Takano's plan. She happily directs the gas massacre, right after eviscerating Rika. (I thought she wasn't the type to bloody her own hands, oh, I was so wrong!)
Anyway, she kills Rika and reports her death to TOKYO, knowing that the fools still believe the queen theory and that their response will be to order the massacre. I can only think it was her plan all along, to kill everyone.

And that's what I don't understand about Takano. I can't see logic in her actions. She wants to be revered as a god, and then kills all that would worship her?

Yet another thing I still don't understand is why Rika must be killed in that specific manner. It seems from this chapter that when TOKYO hears about her death, they order the massacre. Why don't they do it unless Rika is killed this way?

Feels like I'm thinking about things that I shouldn't be at this point...
Old 2007-10-02, 16:23   Link #89
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Recently watched this episode, and got an instant 10.
Loved the anime improvisations, and Takano coldness. Watching the soldiers killing the entire village was pretty awesome

Spoiler for About the previews:
Old 2007-10-02, 16:24   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
For some reason my first thought at the end was. "Oh great their enemy is completley and utterly insane." She wants to be a god...well knew she wasn't all there upstairs but this seals it.

Can't remember the last time I was this geared up for someone to be completely taken out of existence. Don't think dropping Takano into a vat of burning death would be quite enough to make things right.

Do honor the effort everyone showed even in such a dark situation. Really gave everything they had and considering what they were up against it was some fight. Close combat weapons really do give way to guns in the hand of a lunatic I guess. So close to making it yet not quite. Plus owe Rika a ton of credit for her effort considering what she endured just to make sure she'd remember this.

Wish them luck in the final round. They will need to really pull out all the stops. Hopefully knowing Takano is behind this will give her the necessary edge.
Old 2007-10-02, 16:32   Link #91
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

That becoming a god Reminds me of the TIPS To *yoko
Old 2007-10-02, 16:34   Link #92
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Takano is quite the evil one.

Though I don't know how it was in the game this is simply the best episode of season 2 so far. 2000 people in one classroom though?
Old 2007-10-02, 16:37   Link #93
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Oh and also these two
The Foward of a Faded Notebook
Faded Notebook II & III
Old 2007-10-02, 16:47   Link #94
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Takano is quite the evil one.

Though I don't know how it was in the game this is simply the best episode of season 2 so far. 2000 people in one classroom though?
The 2000 remark was about the total population of Hinamizawa. The class room was just one of many areas that was gassed.
Old 2007-10-02, 16:55   Link #95
Tengusoldier

ohh I have always been wondering, when people talk about budget in anime.

Does that mean like: Hey guys!! I'll pay you more than nroaml and you'll draw even prettier!!
or something like that?
I'm such a noob X__x
Old 2007-10-02, 17:08   Link #96
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The 2000 remark was about the total population of Hinamizawa. The class room was just one of many areas that was gassed.
Thanks. That clears alot of things up.
Old 2007-10-02, 17:53   Link #97
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Spoiler for About the previews:
The previews were both leaked last week

Quote:

Does that mean like: Hey guys!! I'll pay you more than nroaml and you'll draw even prettier!!
or something like that?
I'm such a noob X__x
They can hire more people to divide up the work more, and can pay for more hours.
Old 2007-10-02, 18:15   Link #98
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Is that young woman from 14's preview who I think it is? I haven't read much on Matsuribayashi-hen yet.
Old 2007-10-02, 18:17   Link #99
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post

or something like that?
I'm such a noob X__x
No, it's more like:

Anime sponsored by some big multi-national electronics firm
Can hire more labor to divide up the workload
Can be more flexible in the amount of time needed to create the anime

Anime sponsored by anime music label or some generic anime store
Why is it taking you that long to do this? Work faster!! We don't have much time - it's going to go on air in less than three days!! You can eat when this is finished! You got kicked out of your apartment? Good, more time for you to work!!!
Old 2007-10-02, 18:18   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
zomg takano what have you done!!!

"broccoli or cauliflower...which is green?"

"broccoli..."

"correct!"

*bang*

I think that shot also hit me heart

Long ago i did guess that takano wasnt up to any good due to her usual "mysterious" aura...but this just seals it that she is the bad one >_<

right...all i want now is for the team to gain their memories in the next life and with hanyuu...to kick some ASS!!

such a shame really - they were soo close ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread