AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-28, 20:20   Link #341
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

Talking

i have seen all 3 and well truthfully i think if the hollywood remake is really gonna go through with it then then shuold make it based on the manga not the movie for half the story in the movie is cut and not even mentioned. than and all of the data (like the Deathnote Another Note should be included aswell but thats just me)
but all in all the movie gets a good rating on my book it gets a 7 out of ten and thats just with the fact that i like Death Note and would stick up for it any day^^
and its also a good story line but what ever happends aslong as we dont have another grudge or the ring related movies w/ its super bad story line its all good w/ what they do ^^
Old 2009-06-11, 19:43   Link #342
Jaden

The 2 Death Note movies were pretty good. Actually I liked the way the ending was done there, better than the manga and anime.

About Light...it's all been said in the previous posts. But he did the job. L was cool.

But...L didn't deserve his own movie. That one was just godawful. At points it almost looked serious and intelligent, and yeah, I chuckled when L straightened his back. But then there's those ebola gore scenes and the villains are just...damn, I really want to unsee that crap. But I'll forget it soon enough, hopefully.
Old 2009-06-13, 13:21   Link #343
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Light in the Japanese LA (played by Tatsuya) lacked sharpness and depth of his character.

About the American remake: I don't care as long as they cast KENICHI MATSUYAMA as L.
That's all I wish for
Old 2009-06-17, 16:16   Link #344
sunnypigdbz

i watched all three and i actually liked them all :P
Old 2009-06-18, 12:13   Link #345
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

My thoughts on "L - The Last 23 Days" : http://tenkensmile.xanga.com/6661190...-last-23-days/
Old 2009-06-24, 06:14   Link #346
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnypigdbz View Post
Same here, I think they're all very well made & enjoyable
Old 2009-08-18, 03:20   Link #347
Tofu Prod
Founder

Send a message via AIM to Tofu Prod
"NEAR" as a character... Would've been awesome if the film makers gave him a GUNDAM instead of the classic CUBE BOX ROBOT! Hehehe j/k j/k!
Old 2009-09-02, 21:01   Link #348
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Hmm, any updates on the cast for the hollywood version? I'm really anxious to know.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:37   Link #349
Ever17
Welcome Deep Place

I've recently watched the anime and live action and I enjoyed both of them :3 I liked seeing the two different endings, too.
Old 2009-09-05, 09:29   Link #350
no97emotions
Anime Member

I love DN... It is really cool... I love and admire it... I love L the best... I see genius in him... When he died I felt so sorry for him... Also I like reading manga but I watched it and it was better... If you like L perheps we could chat about him ....
Old 2009-09-09, 14:32   Link #351
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by no97emotions View Post
I love DN... It is really cool... I love and admire it... I love L the best... I see genius in him... When he died I felt so sorry for him... Also I like reading manga but I watched it and it was better... If you like L perheps we could chat about him ....
well L and i have lots of big talk w/ his smart-ness so yea HI
Old 2009-09-19, 02:02   Link #352
Gaawa-chan
Determined to know beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Hmm, any updates on the cast for the hollywood version? I'm really anxious to know.
No... but it looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt may play L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vas_qPIZojM

^ Those are my thoughts on the adaption, but if you don't want to listen to them, just go to the side-bar and you'll find links to relevant information regarding the American LA DN project.
Old 2009-10-06, 20:38   Link #353
Miyuu
Manic BB Fangirl

Whoa, people, look at what I found!

http://liveactionanime.org/2009/10/0...script-leaked/

Their saying that the script for the american remake has been leaked! I wouldn't download it (might be illegal =_=) but if it's the real deal... *shudder* They say they've removed Ryuk, too... I HATE AMERICA FOR THIIIIS. Then again, that script COULD just be a phony. You never know.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:21   Link #354
Clarste
Human

Honestly, if that script is real, I'd watch it. Yeah, they got rid of Ryuk, explained Kira and Shinigami in completely nonsensical and vaguely offensive-to-Japanese ways, and removed the moral ambiguity aspects by blaming it all on the Death Note itself, but they managed to squeeze in all the early memorable scenes from the original, like the public broadcast, the epic chip eating, etc. Not too bad, for Hollywood.

Edit: Also, it claims to be an early draft, so there's room for it to improve. Or get worse, I guess.

Edit2: Oh yeah, they also made Light (Luke) absurdly more sympathetic as part of their "no moral ambiguity" theme. As in, sympathetic at all.
Old 2010-01-02, 10:03   Link #355
zim
The Great Irken Soldier

1st movie i saw it and couldnt wait for the second
2nd movie i prefer this ending to the actual animes ending becuase L is epic
3rd movie was wierd but i liked it just the same
overall i prefer the anime to the live action movies, for the sublte differences but the movie ending was better in my opinion

and about the american release, im ashamed for i have heard (i dont know if its true or not,hoping its not ) that zack effron is light in the new move
Old 2010-03-04, 07:52   Link #356
CuteFry

I enjoyed all 3 movies, however I don't think anything will ever live up to the anime.

Haven't heard much on the Hollywood movie, apart from the Zac Efron possible playing Light.
Old 2010-06-16, 19:10   Link #357
Raitozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnypigdbz View Post
Agreed. :3
L Change the WorLd was probably my favorite. It was cute.
Old 2010-06-21, 01:59   Link #358
Chike
Otaku!

...how did I never hear about this live action movie? Man, I really have been out of the game for too long!
Old 2010-07-04, 03:12   Link #359
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

The third live action was just epic. L was played so well. I loved it so much. I laughed and cried so much.
Old 2010-08-07, 08:53   Link #360
cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitozaki View Post
Agreed. :3
L Change the WorLd was probably my favorite. It was cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
The third live action was just epic. L was played so well. I loved it so much. I laughed and cried so much.
And that's the one I didn't bought. (because this movie stepped away from the actual Death Note story)

Maybe I should give it a try anyway.

By the way, the first two movies were ok, Misa couldn't be better portrayed, but the story felt rushed.
You can feel the need for this tale to be told over various episodes, like it was the case with the anime. (in which there also was a lot of cutting, compared to the manga)
Closed Thread