AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 14:42   Link #261
e2-
Genius!

I realy love the way they run. I wish every one would run like this in real life too
e2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 19:59   Link #262
coash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiNide
You know a thread has gone, when people start talking about Lactic Acid, ATCs and NAD+.
ATCs hahaha
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 20:02   Link #263
coash

i just find it funny how kiai attempted to explain the combination of chakra and ATP
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 01:23   Link #264
dyslexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
It's a faster way to run.
Don't tell people that. I've witnessed a few nerds at my school actually run that way... it makes me sad.
dyslexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 01:33   Link #265
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

sometimes... questions are better left unanswered... because i get the feeling it will take the rest of your lives to explain it to blahblahmaster xD
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 11:59   Link #266
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyslexic
Don't tell people that. I've witnessed a few nerds at my school actually run that way... it makes me sad.
can u take a picture of them, or better yet, a video clip of em, cus it would be extremely funny :P. And you can prove that you don't run faster like that.
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 17:47   Link #267
Umbrae
Generic Human

edit. removed
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 23:33   Link #268
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

honestly someone said this on the first page, it saves the animators time because they dont have to make the characters arm's moving back and forth. thats it no accuracy or "better way to run" simple laziness on the part of the animators.
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 00:05   Link #269
project myu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyslexic
Are you serious! I need to see this.
project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 02:37   Link #270
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

is this really that big of a deal? ; ; i think it would be fun to run that way but i'd only do it for long distances o_o
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:14   Link #271
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi
is this really that big of a deal? ; ; i think it would be fun to run that way but i'd only do it for long distances o_o
Me and my friend did a test today on the tracks at uni, and we found the following
(we borrowed a tool the gym to get the info on windspeed).

Normal running:
windspeed -2.1m/s distance:100m time: 10.58 seconds

Retarded(naruto) running:
windspeed +2.6m/s distance:100m time: 14.13 seconds

Conclusion: even though the retarded running had a windspeed advantage, the technique in real life does not give any advantage at all

We did try to give the retarded running technique some advantage (ie. waiting for a better windpeed) but unfortunately lost

(ps. we did have a rest between the first 100m and the second time we did it)

Last edited by AkatsukisApprentice; 2004-11-27 at 15:58.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 15:32   Link #272
Isis&Osiris

geez. 14 pages on this.

its just a style of running. nothing more.
Isis&Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 15:42   Link #273
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
Me and my friend did a test today on the tracks at uni, and we found the following
(we borrowed a tool the gym to get the info on windspeed).

Normal running:
windspeed -2.1m/s distance:100m time: 10.58 seconds

Retarded(naruto) running:
windspeed +2.6m/s distance:100m time: 14.13 seconds

Conclusion: even though the retarded running hand a windspeed advantage, the technique in real life does not give any advantage at all

We did try to give the retarded running technique some advantage (ie. waiting for a better windpeed) but unfortunately lost

(ps. we did have a rest between the first 100m and the second time we did it)
This cracks me up, whatever did you explain to bystanders, A ninja-running test?
Thanks for the trouble tho, I think that your post should be the very last of this thread. In fact Im asking the Mods to close this one since it only annoys people and it's lightyears away from being informative or interesting.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:07   Link #274
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
This cracks me up, whatever did you explain to bystanders, A ninja-running test?
Thanks for the trouble tho, I think that your post should be the very last of this thread. In fact Im asking the Mods to close this one since it only annoys people and it's lightyears away from being informative or interesting.
Well the track is in the enclosed area (so only students can get to it), though some girls(2 girls from my class) walking towards me asked what we were doing, and yes I used the exact words you said " A ninja running test" shame it doesn't get you any dates though.... (perhaps I should of done a cosplay scene and worn a Naruto costume lol...maybe then that would of given me and my mate a date...sigh what a sad life I live )
Old 2004-11-27, 16:54   Link #275
project myu

You can't close this thread.. It's classic!

And as for the British guy, I can actually hear your accent oozing out of your posts! It's cute.
project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:05   Link #276
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Well the track is in the enclosed area (so only students can get to it), though some girls(2 girls from my class) walking towards me asked what we were doing, and yes I used the exact words you said " A ninja running test" shame it doesn't get you any dates though.... (perhaps I should of done a cosplay scene and worn a Naruto costume lol...maybe then that would of given me and my mate a date...sigh what a sad life I live )
Two girls walked in and you said that?

You had just lost any chance in getting laid. Ever.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 17:11   Link #277
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Two girls walked in and you said that?

You had just lost any chance in getting laid. Ever.
lol well the conversation consisted of other topics, like class and stuff...but your very right...my chance of getting laid has probably deminished.. though I probably will not bring this up in convo with them in lectures on monday
Old 2004-11-27, 17:14   Link #278
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by project myu
You can't close this thread.. It's classic!

And as for the British guy, I can actually hear your accent oozing out of your posts! It's cute.
That's a nice compliment, thankyou
Old 2004-11-27, 18:32   Link #279
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
lol well the conversation consisted of other topics, like class and stuff...but your very right...my chance of getting laid has probably deminished.. though I probably will not bring this up in convo with them in lectures on monday
You may not bring it up in lectures class, but we're talking about the hotline network here. You could tell a girl one thing, and think that it will end there, but it doesn't end there. She tells her girl friends. Then her girl friends tell their girl friends.

Now usually it isn't all that much of a problem if only one girl witnesses the event. But you got two. The multi-witness scenario. It makes the story seem more believable. Not only that, the more girls, the quicker the information spreads. By the end of the day, everybody including the school pet mascot knows.

But there is a way that you could probably recover. And I think one way would be to go back to the sources and be sure that they understand that you were not acting out to be a retard, but to show and prove for a sports study that running arms back can not make you run any faster than the standard style of running. Now when this filters down the network, some will brush off the whole incident, others will remain skeptical. But it's usually the best outcome one could hope for.

The other option is that you could repeat the arms back running test. But this time you do it during the changes of class as a streaker. In about a year, maybe, just maybe there will be a girl that is not quite connected to the network, that you could stand a chance for about one week with, before she ask the upper classmen about you.

Spoiler:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 22:52   Link #280
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
You may not bring it up in lectures class, but we're talking about the hotline network here. You could tell a girl one thing, and think that it will end there, but it doesn't end there. She tells her girl friends. Then her girl friends tell their girl friends.

Now usually it isn't all that much of a problem if only one girl witnesses the event. But you got two. The multi-witness scenario. It makes the story seem more believable. Not only that, the more girls, the quicker the information spreads. By the end of the day, everybody including the school pet mascot knows.

But there is a way that you could probably recover. And I think one way would be to go back to the sources and be sure that they understand that you were not acting out to be a retard, but to show and prove for a sports study that running arms back can not make you run any faster than the standard style of running. Now when this filters down the network, some will brush off the whole incident, others will remain skeptical. But it's usually the best outcome one could hope for.

The other option is that you could repeat the arms back running test. But this time you do it during the changes of class as a streaker. In about a year, maybe, just maybe there will be a girl that is not quite connected to the network, that you could stand a chance for about one week with, before she ask the upper classmen about you.

Spoiler:

your post made me fall off my chair very funny

As for the hotline, thanks for the heads-up on that...I guess I gotta backtrack on this one... but still since we are MSc students I think they would be more forgiving than the usual... (btw intelligent girls are harder to lay...they require you to submit an essay to them about why they should sleep with you. )