AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-23, 00:54   Link #4061
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Then I'm very confused when I logged back on right when maintenance finished that I got on with ease and everything was working. Did VoA25, Brewfest run and Ony10, had no problems. Then when I wake up and try to log on, the load up screen after clicking a character never finishes...Honestly, if I had gone to bed instead of stay up, I would have been really ticked off today.

I am so tempted to go Arcane now, but I'm worried about raid-wide raging of 'We want Scorch, dammit!' I was the one person on my raids willing to stay Fire back in 3.0. I'm not sure I want to do it again. I need to see some Fire vs Arcane numbers in this new patch.
Old 2009-09-23, 10:59   Link #4062
Xacual

From what I remember from the testing, arcane slightly beats fire but of course it doesn't provide the raid with the debuff. Also weaker in the aoe department, no living bomb, single target dps is better then fire though. The best part is that its easy to play! 4 Arcane Blast -> Arcane Missile, repeat.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 15:35   Link #4063
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I need help on becoming a better pally tank, I seems to have problem when it comes to peeling things off my group
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 15:44   Link #4064
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
From what I remember from the testing, arcane slightly beats fire but of course it doesn't provide the raid with the debuff. Also weaker in the aoe department, no living bomb, single target dps is better then fire though. The best part is that its easy to play! 4 Arcane Blast -> Arcane Missile, repeat.
The downside to this is that arcane tends to be much more of a mana hog than fire, and you'll find yourself using mana gems and evocation at a much quicker pace than you might currently see as fire. On top of that, the lack of scorch debuff is always a bummer, but if your raid has a warlock with Imp. Shadowbolt, then you don't need scorch.

Long story short; Arcane seems to have better single target DPS, but at the cost of some raid utility and a mana efficiency issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I need help on becoming a better pally tank, I seems to have problem when it comes to peeling things off my group
TankSpot
Elitist Jerks

Two great websites if you ever need help with something, especially tanking. My simple suggestions would be to make sure Righteous Fury is up (I know this sounds easy, but you'd be surprised how many Pally tanks I come across who go "Oh...yeah..."), and keep Consecrate and Hammer of the Righteous on cooldown.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:49   Link #4065
Xacual

Pally tanking is as easy as following the 6969 rule. Aka our skills are 6 seconds or 8-9 seconds so just rotate between them as they come off cooldown.

Also you missed the most important site. http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...dc9125318eb9d3

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-02, 03:04   Link #4066
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Pally tanking is as easy as following the 6969 rule. Aka our skills are 6 seconds or 8-9 seconds so just rotate between them as they come off cooldown.

Also you missed the most important site. http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...dc9125318eb9d3
I can't lie; I didn't miss it, I never knew about it. Thanks for the info though. It's always nice to have a new page to add to my already long list of WoW bookmarks.

Anyone else excited for the upcoming changes, now making a showing on the PTR? As a hunter, I'm pretty stoked for the Misdirection changes but, as a warrior, I'm frustrated by the damage shield change.
Old 2009-10-02, 05:09   Link #4067
Clarste
Human

Fire Nova! I honestly can't see that surviving the PTR. With talents and Glyphs, Fire Nova would be a 3 second CD instant AOE spell that can be done on top of a Magma Totem and while casting Chain Lightning, making ele shaman pretty much AOE gods. Which is amusing, but still kind of unbalanced. I like the direction they're going though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:48   Link #4068
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Fire Nova! I honestly can't see that surviving the PTR. With talents and Glyphs, Fire Nova would be a 3 second CD instant AOE spell that can be done on top of a Magma Totem and while casting Chain Lightning, making ele shaman pretty much AOE gods. Which is amusing, but still kind of unbalanced. I like the direction they're going though.
This is slightly reminiscent of the old version of Explosive Shot, combined with the original damage Volley was putting out. Hunters AoE DPS was absolutely bonkers back then, but damn was it fun!
Old 2009-10-02, 17:48   Link #4069
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So are we expecting Icecrown in the next two weeks?
Old 2009-10-02, 17:52   Link #4070
Clarste
Human

No. I'd imagine this will be on the PTR for at least a month or two. Oh, or did you mean Icecrown on the PTR?
Old 2009-10-02, 18:12   Link #4071
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

^ The first wing of the 5-man dungeon is already on the PTR. I wouldn't expect 3.3 to go live for quite a while though; say 4-6 months at least. The actual Icecrown raid is supposed to go live with 3.3 as well, and there's been absolutely no mention of it being anywhere near ready for even the PTR. On top of that, consider that Cataclysm isn't set to launch until at least November of next year. If they push 3.3 too soon, they're going to run into the dead-zone they hit at the end of vanilla, when BC was taking to long to release, and they were forced to implement Naxx as a way to keep people playing.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:28   Link #4072
Xacual

Umm of course Icecrown is nearly ready, if they are starting to put spellfiles and stuff on the PTR and 3.3 is on the PTR now, I'd expect it to hit live in 3 months or less. No patch during WotLK life has been on the PTR more then 2 months or so. Blizzard likes to be pretty secretive about how stuff is progressing but since 3.3 is on the PTR now thats an admission that it will be ready soon.

You probably should get your facts straight. Naxxramas was planned for original WoW, it wasn't just some hatch job content before BC, specifically since it came out months and months before BC. Hell on the same day they announced Burning Crusade(Blizzcon) they talked about Naxxramas being the final raid of vanilla at the raid and dungeon panel. I was there too.

Also Cataclysm will be out around April to May of next year, count on it.

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-10-02 at 23:40.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:25   Link #4073
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Won't they have to Beta test the hell out of WoW 4.0? I mean, they are changing just about everything to some extent. Certainly anything that was from WoW 1.0 - pre-BC. Flying, new graphics, new gear style/system, new locations, lots of places that you couldn't (or weren't suppose to) go before will be open. Just a general total rebuild of the old world.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:51   Link #4074
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:

I can do the 9696 well, that's not a problem for me, what is the problem for me is peeling things off the stupid mages that like to nuke things that I didn't pull or that was running towards me but they droped a AOE before they even step in range of me, and they bitched about them dying. I need advice on how to peel mobs off them so they would stop their bitching.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:02   Link #4075
Xacual

Can you link your profile, because paladin threat is the highest of the tanks really, you shouldn't have problems taunting and establishing aggro on anything that might gets pulled off. Of course no tank is expected to be able to make up for idiots doing stuff like that though.

Of course they will beta test 4.0, but think about it, right now we are in october, 3.2 came out in beginning of august. They aren't going to leave us with only ToC and Ony for 4 more months until Icecrown. And then they aren't going to leave us with just Icecrown and these 3 5mans for 8 months until next november. if they do April / May for Cataclysm they'd have 2 months to get Icecrown in around december, and then have 4-5 months to beta test cataclysm.

Old 2009-10-03, 01:26   Link #4076
Clarste
Human

If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the dps dies, it's their own fault.
Old 2009-10-03, 01:36   Link #4077
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If dps dies, they got a double crit, that's about the only time I get the aggro off a paladin tank.
Old 2009-10-03, 01:41   Link #4078
Clarste
Human

Well, technically a good dps should be accounting for the worst case scenario, so it's still their fault even if they crit a lot. As an ele shaman, I tend to start with Flame Shock -> Lava Burst, which is an auto-crit so it's pretty easy to predict. Well, I also get a frankly unfair amount of threat reduction from talents.
Old 2009-10-03, 01:49   Link #4079
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Destruction Lock using Chaos Bolt can do it if Immolate and Chaos Bolt both crit in a row.

Even with my relatively poor gear a simple double crit does over 10,000 in a very short amount of time just self buffed. Raid buffed would be insane...with actually good gear...damn.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:59   Link #4080
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Umm of course Icecrown is nearly ready, if they are starting to put spellfiles and stuff on the PTR and 3.3 is on the PTR now, I'd expect it to hit live in 3 months or less. No patch during WotLK life has been on the PTR more then 2 months or so. Blizzard likes to be pretty secretive about how stuff is progressing but since 3.3 is on the PTR now thats an admission that it will be ready soon.

You probably should get your facts straight. Naxxramas was planned for original WoW, it wasn't just some hatch job content before BC, specifically since it came out months and months before BC. Hell on the same day they announced Burning Crusade(Blizzcon) they talked about Naxxramas being the final raid of vanilla at the raid and dungeon panel. I was there too.

Also Cataclysm will be out around April to May of next year, count on it.
I'll attack this in bits.

The 3 wings of the Icecrown 5-man instance are currently on the PTR. There has been no announcement, or indication, that the Icecrown raid is on the PTR. Assuming Blizzard intends to stick with their initial announcement that Icecrown will be released in it's entirety in 3.3, I'd wager longer than 2 months on the PTR.

Spell files don't mean anything, especially on PTR servers. FFS, they had game files for stuff from Cataclysm on the 3.2 PTR, and that's not due out for approximately another year.

Naxxramas was not "planned" as the final raid of Vanilla. Just because they announce something is going to be happening at Blizzcon, does not mean it was in the works from the beginning. BC was pushed back nearly 18 months from it's release date; well before Patch 1.11 hit. Concurrently, patch 1.11 was called "Shadow of the Necropolis" which indicates, to me, that this instance was put in as temporary filler until the new content could be released.

ALSO, if you've ever run Vanilla Naxx (to completion), you'd know that looking out of KT's windows had you staring at Dragonblight, not EPL; further proof that Naxx was always intended for Northrend.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows