AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 02:08   Link #3901
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
OOOOOH. I can see what you were asking Beanbag and Megaman. They were simply dreaming.

No little bro, sorry, main characters only. The little bro is such a boring character anyway, we never developed him.
YET. We never developed him YET.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:10   Link #3902
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

The 3-child family seems to come together so much more well. Adding stick in the mud little brother just makes it awkward. Only one cute spectator of the two Kyons is needed. This is supposed to be based in the normal universe anyway, so Kyon's sister being there alone helps that fact.

Also, even though Haruhi met Kyon's sister once, I don't think she'd be thinking about her with Haruhiko while they were altering realities in their room.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:13   Link #3903
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Archive post updated.

I know we have new writers/editors here, so I'll mention something which I've mentioned before, but due to stupidity had not actually included in the archive post until now: if you're editing something based on another Seitenkan member's work (as opposed to converting from the original canon from scratch), please note that explicitly in the post. It makes my job a lot easier, and heads off any potential "but I didn't write that!" drama.

Also, unless specifically requested, I will not be archiving any short posts, meaning a single scene or some such. Make the posts substantial, please. This is a subjective opinion, I admit, but if opening the spoiler tag doesn't make me have to scroll down, then it's too short. The reason for this is that if I archive every single thing, the archive post is going to get far too unwieldy.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:15   Link #3904
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Righto. Grab all your stuff and write a whole bunch before posting, Kage.

Quote:
The 3-child family seems to come together so much more well. Adding stick in the mud little brother just makes it awkward. Only one cute spectator of the two Kyons is needed. This is supposed to be based in the normal universe anyway, so Kyon's sister being there alone helps that fact.

Also, even though Haruhi met Kyon's sister once, I don't think she'd be thinking about her with Haruhiko while they were altering realities in their room.
Man, you're forgetting the ideas from back here and here:

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:16   Link #3905
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

And I got all whiny yesterday for having to read through ten pages. Seriously guys; I slept for five hours or so, and when I come back, there are 19 pages waiting for me.
No. I refuse to do that. I have read through a page here and there, but I'm not reading all of them. I refuse. Absolutely refuse. No.

So, in stead of quietly reading through my nineteen pages, I'm going to bother others
I noticed some talk about a doujinshi. What exactly is going on there? Does anyone have the time/energy/patience to explain that to me? Is it the sub project doujin, or…? I didn’t really manage get answers to my many questions in the few pages I actually bothered to read… Sorry for the inconvenience.

Other than that, I think I'll survive, even though I only read about half of the nineteen pages...
(I officially hate my time zone. More than ever... I missed out on way too much)
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:17   Link #3906
Kagedanji

EDIT: I still need to make all of the waking up scenes, then I'll compile.

Spoiler for Koizumi...:
Old 2008-03-24, 02:23   Link #3907
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Crack Dango, I really don't like what you're doing here, sorry.

Shouldn't this be a universe where they've ALWAYS been like this? And the Kyons are the only ones who realize?

Anyway, to come tomorrow! Chapter Three! I hope!

Which will be done in three much larger parts!

-Itsuko's Introduction

-Yuuki's speech about Haruki

-Asahina Mitsuuru's sexy photo shoot extraordinare!

All this, and more! After I get some sleep!

CRACK!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:26   Link #3908
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post

And I got all whiny yesterday for having to read through ten pages. Seriously guys; I slept for five hours or so, and when I come back, there are 19 pages waiting for me.
No. I refuse to do that. I have read through a page here and there, but I'm not reading all of them. I refuse. Absolutely refuse. No.

So, in stead of quietly reading through my nineteen pages, I'm going to bother others
I noticed some talk about a doujinshi. What exactly is going on there? Does anyone have the time/energy/patience to explain that to me? Is it the sub project doujin, or…? I didn’t really manage get answers to my many questions in the few pages I actually bothered to read… Sorry for the inconvenience.

Other than that, I think I'll survive, even though I only read about half of the nineteen pages...
(I officially hate my time zone. More than ever... I missed out on way too much)
Still better to read the backlog.

Anyway, the doujin sub-project is henceforth known as "The Crossroads of Haruhi Suzumiya." ( 涼宮ハルヒの辻, Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuji.)

Kagedanji's been writing some stuff, but it's a bit takeoffish from the original concept, and hence Kaisos does not approve in the above post. I'm a bit skeptical too as of right now, but we'll see if we can broker some kind of a compromise.

Old 2008-03-24, 02:27   Link #3909
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post

And I got all whiny yesterday for having to read through then pages. Seriously guys; I slept for five hours or so, and when I come back, there are 19 pages waiting for me.
After the Nanoha OC thread, I'm used to it. At the risk of sounding like an "uphill both ways" guy, it usually takes something like thirty pages at once (most of it random fluff and crack) to make me raise an eyebrow.

Yes, that is why I'm taking a break from that. I don't mind reading all those pages, but when most of it is spam and uncut huge images and Youtube videos, one gets a sense of futility: why should I be reading all these pages when so little of it is of any real substance?

I've burned out on trying to control the Crack. It's like trying to explain stuff reasonably to twenty Harukis at once: I don't dare offend any of them, but saying anything will just result in them shouting at you in huge letters.

Quote:
Most of the on-topic talk of a doujin is indeed about the Romantic Comedy sub-project. There was a bit of off-topic talk about some C74 doujins, but that's, well, off-topic.

Quote:
I'm also thinking that my time zone is inconvenient: every day I check the thread to see several complaints that the archive post has not been updated.

Mind you, waiting before updating has proven its worth, after several instances of "disregard that last post, here's an updated one".
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:39   Link #3910
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I see. I'm sorry for bothering others, but asking felt a lot more appealing to me than reading more than what I did... I just woke up, and my eyes already hurt, so I decided to do an exception this time... heh. Laziness and impatience are pretty powerful things

Wowh... Thirty pages? That'd probably make me faint
I've been in active forums before, or so I thought. Nineteen pages during five hours was crazy to me, thirty pages seems almost absurd. Looks like I've got to prepare myself; since if it's this thread, there's a high chance that it'll happen in the future

Well, thank you for your patience with me. Now that I got my answer, I can peacefully go off to draw. Thanks again
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:40   Link #3911
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
snip
Sage advice is most appreciated.

Old 2008-03-24, 02:41   Link #3912
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

About the doujinshi:I'm trying to get a nice Kyon x Kyon-chan script to convert into a doujinshi.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:41   Link #3913
Kagedanji

Full Part One.

Spoiler for No Tsuji:
Old 2008-03-24, 02:43   Link #3914
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Full Part One.

Spoiler for No Tsuji:
This thing sounds more and more like one of them OOC 4koma series to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
About the doujinshi:I'm trying to get a nice Kyon x Kyon-chan script to convert into a doujinshi.
Any ideas in particular?

Old 2008-03-24, 02:45   Link #3915
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
This thing sounds more and more like one of them OOC 4koma series to me.
Good idea though, since this is mainly a dialogue, lets shape my further writings into that.

Someone get to work on Yonkomafying this. Hajime!
Old 2008-03-24, 02:46   Link #3916
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Good idea though, since this is mainly a dialogue, lets shape my further writings into that.

Someone get to work on Yonkomafying this. Hajime!
*punch*

Don't declare things on your own.

Old 2008-03-24, 02:50   Link #3917
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Any ideas in particular?
I wish I had that type of creativity.

Quote:
Only the 團長 has such authority.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:58   Link #3918
Kagedanji

Quote:
*punch*

What can I say, your danchouness rubbed off on me.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:14   Link #3919
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

has this one been posted yet? methinks it's adorable.

Spoiler for space saving:
Old 2008-03-24, 03:31   Link #3920
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait. Were did that avatar of a Hoska-Haruki come from. I saw some earlier, but not the one redone with him shirtless and with the "GOD" buckle.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan