AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 23:38   Link #181
comatose

Thanks! [too short]
comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 12:01   Link #182
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Is it normal for this program to show that it is downloading (with ~110kb/sec) and no progress is shown? It started happening for about an hour ago.

Here is a snapshot:

Also, can somebody tell me why some of those downloads appear in red?
andy_blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 13:55   Link #183
cyberbeing

Yes, it is normal for it to download without showing progress. It will occasionally download random things to the Unity (so you have more things to upload to other people) until it fills up the 40GB.
As for the red highlighting, see this post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=150
Old 2008-10-30, 14:09   Link #184
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Thank-you for the explanation. Tho about the random download, does it affect the speed of my downloads? Is it possible to disable it?
Old 2008-10-30, 22:47   Link #185
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_blah View Post
Thank-you for the explanation. Tho about the random download, does it affect the speed of my downloads? Is it possible to disable it?
No, because it's the framework that keeps PD running. It shouldn't affect the speed of your downloads, though - provided that your unity is a certain size.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 04:40   Link #186
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I see, thank-you for that too
Old 2008-11-30, 21:51   Link #187
neothe0ne

Can anyone running Vista x64 or Server 2008 x64 verify if Perfect Dark, Share, and/or Winny works for them?
Old 2008-12-01, 03:50   Link #188
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

PD works fine, and I think share did too (it's been a while since I last used that on my laptop with x64; it works fine on win2003 x64 though)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 05:07   Link #189
D4RK-PH0ENiX
Mad Karaoker
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to D4RK-PH0ENiX Send a message via MSN to D4RK-PH0ENiX Send a message via Yahoo to D4RK-PH0ENiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Can anyone running Vista x64 or Server 2008 x64 verify if Perfect Dark, Share, and/or Winny works for them?
yes, it works. I'm running share, winny and perfect dark from 2 machines with Vista x64 SP1
Featured in: sola [Lunar], Mai Otome Zwei OVA (EP 2 and 3) [Static-Subs], Kiddy Grade 2 Promo [Ayu], Darker than Black [anime-keep], Tokimeki Memorial (ED2) [C1anime], Polyphonica [yesy], Basilisk (OP1-ED1) [moo-shi], Hayate no Gotoku [SS-Eclipse], Claymore [Eclipse], Shana 2 promo [Eclipse], Manabi Straight [gg-Eclipse], Shining Tears [Conclave], Nanoha StrikerS [yesy], Venus Versus Virus [GNU], Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (EP11 insert) [GNU], Tokyo Majin [Static-Subs], Kyoshiro [Static-Subs], Kanon 2006 (EP23, EP24 inserts) [SS-Eclipse], Beet Exellion [dp], Super Robot Wars (OP2,ED2) [dp], Hidamari Sketch [gg], Umisho (ED) [Yoroshiku], School Days [Conclave] and more to come...

Also in a bunch of unreleased stuff
D4RK-PH0ENiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 08:47   Link #190
a745

I just recently got PD (and Share) running here, and it's nice ^^. I still don't have my unity at 40GB yet, but it's connecting all right (I have no idea why this didn't work for me months ago .___.;

So, just confirming, I can increase my unity size by reuploading stuff from Share?
Old 2008-12-08, 23:56   Link #191
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
I have perfect dark running fine on Windows 7 Pre-Beta
Old 2008-12-15, 17:13   Link #192
neothe0ne

Uh is it just my internet, or did a bunch of items disappear off pd? A bunch of search queries I have saved are now showing 0 items when there ought to be hundreds...
Old 2008-12-16, 06:00   Link #193
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Uh is it just my internet, or did a bunch of items disappear off pd? A bunch of search queries I have saved are now showing 0 items when there ought to be hundreds...
That seems highly improbable/impossible. Perhaps your cache or search history files are corrupted... Either that or you're not connecting to the network properly.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 14:03   Link #194
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
That seems highly improbable/impossible. Perhaps your cache or search history files are corrupted... Either that or you're not connecting to the network properly.
I have seen that happen occasionally myself. Perfect Dark seems to reset the search results back to zero after awhile, but then it just does all the searches again from scratch and quickly builds up search results once again. If your not building up results again, then like Quarkboy said, you may have a problem connecting to the Perfect Dark network.

I assume this is by design to clear out files no one on Perfect Dark (who is currently online) has anymore. With the 1000 result limit per search term and the 65535 max search result limit, doing this makes sense.
Old 2008-12-19, 13:38   Link #195
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
I have seen that happen occasionally myself. Perfect Dark seems to reset the search results back to zero after awhile, but then it just does all the searches again from scratch and quickly builds up search results once again. If your not building up results again, then like Quarkboy said, you may have a problem connecting to the Perfect Dark network.

I assume this is by design to clear out files no one on Perfect Dark (who is currently online) has anymore. With the 1000 result limit per search term and the 65535 max search result limit, doing this makes sense.
It's all good now, just that I never knew PD would clear out the search history after a while.

On another note... I foresee bad things happening to the message flow in the future. I can't believe people have nowhere better to spout their baseless ideological bullshit than on pd's flow.
Old 2009-01-08, 23:28   Link #196
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
I'm noticing PD has trouble converting to files for me. Downloads are getting to 100% and then the logger is displaying "download error code - 2" If I right click and select conver to file the error message repeats. Any ideas?

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:03   Link #197
cyberbeing

Are you using Perfect Dark with a FAT32 drive? Also are you using the latest version, 1.02?

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2009-01-09 at 00:16.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 01:33   Link #198
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
1.02 yes, and ext3. I typo'd the language parameter for starting PD was the problem. Wine users: For files with japanese names that are longer than 16 characters, run it with LANG=en_US.UTF-8, NOT ja_JP.UTF-8

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 05:42   Link #199
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emess View Post
Wine users: For files with japanese names that are longer than 16 characters, run it with LANG=en_US.UTF-8, NOT ja_JP.UTF-8

E~
Will not that just show you square boxes (or w/e) instead of Japanese characters? Well, I've been running with the latter on my setup without any problems...

Last edited by martino; 2009-01-09 at 06:40.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:08   Link #200
TGEN
Far out, man!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Will not that just show you square boxes (or w/e) instead of Japanese characters? Well, I've been running with the latter on my setup without any problems...
UTF-8 is UTF-8, so as long as your font(s) support Japanese (kana) and Chinese (kanji) codepoints, it should be all right.
TGEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark