AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 16:37   Link #81
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Madara, for the first time ever, actually comes across as the premier villain he is supposed to be (And, he plays his Aizen card so much better than Ai-chan ever did). As he gripped Konan by the neck, somehow starring down on her even as she is hoisted above his head in his one-armed grip, I had literally shivers go up and down my spine. This is what Naruto has needed for oh so many chapters. An honest to god villain.

Pain/Nagato was great, but he was too preachy/too childish; and Sasuke has always been a little too whiny to be taken seriously. Hidan was simply a bloodthirsty loon; Kisame, Kakuzu and Sasori were blowhards; and Deidara was a little to annoying. But, Madara...he's a man with a plan and many will die before he accomplishes his goals...
Oi james, I remember when you wanted so badly for Pain to be the main villain over Madara. (though Pain did come off as more interesting at the time) .

But I agree, Madara was awesome this chapter, I really loved how he just completely cuts short what looked like it was going to be a badass moment for Konan.

It was also interesting to see that Madara apparently has two perfectly normal Sharingan which makes me wonder why he keeps one covered up . Yeah, a two-eyed mask wouldn't be nearly as cool-looking but... there seems to be no other practical purpose than that. Though I guess it covers up when he loses an eye from Izanagi (sorry, if this has been brought up already haven't checked the last couple of pages)

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 16:38   Link #82
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah, so apparently the 600 billion number is real.

Kishi, you are beyond stupid.
I don't even think that Kishimoto realizes what the number 1 billion means. Let alone 600. That probably judging from the size of each tag... an entire ocean in Naruto.

Which means she must've spend her life time creating those. She did mention she was planning it. But even then she must've made hundreds of millions per day atleast.. rightt....

I can see pretty much where this is going.
Madara will become the next sage with Nagato's eyes.... no one can stop him. But wait... Naruto has the other part of the Sage (you know... the necklace thing) and he is the final part... for Madara to become complete.

Wait... Madara finds another way to (create or make an incomplete Jyuubi with the other remaining)... Naruto being the distant relative of the Sage and pretty much for a couple months now already starts to preach his own new ninja way of peace. Suddenly spawns a Rinnnegan.... and stops Madara....
Old 2010-09-15, 16:38   Link #83
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Konan was a bad guy then turned good, so was Karin.. if Konan dies I say Karin goes too....
Old 2010-09-15, 16:40   Link #84
SeanQ

but konan still has her cloak on =0 she'll become god if she dies with her cloak still on...
Old 2010-09-15, 16:40   Link #85
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Konan was a bad guy then turned good, so was Karin.. if Konan dies I say Karin goes too....
Bad girl...and then a good girl . Although Karin definetly remains a bad bad girl ..
Old 2010-09-15, 16:41   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think we know who the real victims are: All those poor trees Konan must've used to make those paper tags.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 16:46   Link #87
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
but konan still has her cloak on =0 she'll become god if she dies with her cloak still on...
That's right!

Though we never really saw her dead body yet, just how she blank out.

Also was it me or did Madara call Nagato Uzumaki?
Old 2010-09-15, 16:48   Link #88
azziz

[snip]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Minato isn't the first hokage's grandson. I dunno where you got that from.
[snip]

it's explicitly stated many time like when the two old advisor ask jiraya to be hokage,he refuse and ask them to choose her instead because:
1:she's also one of the three sanins
2:she's[U]the first hokage granddaughter(why do you think she's called "tsunade-hime")
there's other instance(look when danzou is first introduced why she said he hated her to sakura)but i'm too lazy to find the link hence my question
(beside madara statement about senju retaining power while uchiha remained underdog to sasuke would no make sense if four out of five hokage weren't senju,right?).

edit:i know my link doesn't work but i don't know why,it's the fisrt time i try this;even so you know where to look:chap160 p7-8(tsunade flashback).sorry

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-15 at 17:16. Reason: Do not post links to licensed materials...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 16:54   Link #89
Gin
*Artist

Wtf? Did Konan die without taking off her cloak? I want to see what she's hiding under there!

[snip]

Idk what that link is supposed to be, but Minato is definitely not Hashirama's grandson. That would make him about the same age as Tsunade. (Hashirama's granddaughter)

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-15 at 17:20. Reason: deleted some licensed material...
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:24   Link #90
Jehuty

There are 3 Great Ocular bloodlines.

Uchiha, Hyuuga, and the Rinnegan.

That's 3 paths that the original Sage had. Next is the body - the ability to contain. Uzumaki -- and who else? There should be 2 more, I think. It'd make sense, no? 3 ocular and body bloodlines to make the perfect being.
Old 2010-09-15, 17:30   Link #91
Gin
*Artist

^There hasn't been any indication that the Byakugan is related to the Rikudo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post

it's explicitly stated many time like when the two old advisor ask jiraya to be hokage,he refuse and ask them to choose her instead because:
2:she's[U]the first hokage granddaughter(why do you think she's called "tsunade-hime")
there's other instance(look when danzou is first introduced why she said he hated her to sakura)but i'm too lazy to find the link hence my question
(beside madara statement about senju retaining power while uchiha remained underdog to sasuke would no make sense if four out of five hokage weren't senju,right?).
Yeah, but how does any of that prove that Minato is related to Hashirama?
Old 2010-09-15, 17:33   Link #92
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
[snip]

[snip]

Minato is a Sanin? And a she?
I think you've mixed him uip with tsunade

But this is what iget from the chapter.
1.) Konan was in fact a badass that deserved to be in akatsuki.
2.) Her final jutsu made deidara's look like childs play.
3.) Tobi has both senju and uchiha powers.
4.) We find out that Tobi doesnt have EMS (his teleportation and phase ability aren't EMS so sasuke won't have them).
5.) Hes not godlike with his abilities, they have limits.
6.) He now has rinnengan.
7.) Someone with both uchiha and senju powers only can use izanagi.

What i take from this most how ever is what he said about him taking Hashirama's powers. I was so convinced by James crack pot theory before about Tobi being Tobirama, the 2nd hokage, but i think thats pretty much killed off.

Now he is a shell of his former self. When he said this it suggested that he was weaker then VotE. But now i think of him as being a hybrid of his former self along with Hashirama. Now i dont know what he took from him or how he took it but we know it didnt kill Hashirama. And it didnt seal his soul away or anything as he was sucessfully resurrected by Orochimaru.

This chapter answered many questions but open up a whole new range of topics to be discussed.

Edit: dam i effed up the quoted. Oh well.

Last edited by solidguy; 2010-09-15 at 17:33. Reason: cfb doing it again
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:45   Link #93
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I don't even think that Kishimoto realizes what the number 1 billion means. Let alone 600. That probably judging from the size of each tag... an entire ocean in Naruto.
Admittedly, just thinking of it as currency, 600 billion yen is only 7 billion dollars (which is fairly small in the current American super economy). To think of it another way, Volume 54 of One Piece sold 2.6 million copies; at about 410-420 yen a copy, that is over a billion yen for one volume of a popular manga series. Additionally, Naruto (combined) has sold over a 100 million copies, and that is somewhere around 41 billion yen, and when you add DVD sales, movie ticket sales, merchandise, etc, I'm sure Naruto has made well over 100 billion yen.

So, the number system isn't quite comparable...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:53   Link #94
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Maybe only the male Akatsuki lose their cloaks. Yah know kinda like a beach. Oh and the obvious fact that NARUTO IS A SHONEN MANGA!

However, if she did, i can only imagine the fanfic that will start flooding in.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:56   Link #95
ChronoReverse

I wonder if it's just a misread on a character.

The next unit after "thousands" is "ten thousands". 600 "ten thousands" is 6 million. While that's an enormous number, it's not nearly as stupidly huge as 600 billion.

The next unit after "ten thousands" is "hundred millions". That would make it 60 billion. That's stupidly huge but still smaller by an order of magnitude.

Nonetheless, 600 billion doesn't seem like a likely number =(
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:08   Link #96
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
There are 3 Great Ocular bloodlines.

Uchiha, Hyuuga, and the Rinnegan.
Or is it like this: "There are 3 Great Ocular bloodlines. Uchiha, Hyuuga, and Uzumaki." ?
If that's true then the occurence of the rinnegan within the Uzumaki clan is very very very ... rare. Kishimoto "trolling us" with the possibility of Naruto awakening the rinnegan
Anyway, since Naruto is far from being a smart genius who can discover the secrets of nature and study all the secrets of jutsu and bloodlines, i guess his best chance to beat the final villain is to have more and more powerups SSJ1 is not enough, ok then lets train and go SSJ2, SSJ3, ... and just keep using the same jutsu but with more power
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:11   Link #97
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
^There hasn't been any indication that the Byakugan is related to the Rikudo.
It seems likely though... Apparently "the sage of 6 ways" did not refer to the six ways of pain as Nagato used the power, but to family clans it seems...
The uchiha, the senju, and now the uzumaki...

It's been said that the hyuga's eyes were related to the sharigan; we thought that was retconned out of existence as just meaningless speculation on kakashi's(or whoever it was that said it) part, but it could be the case that the hyuga's are the "forth way" being a distant relative of the uchiha... Which leaves two others, no clue who they might be... though we can only hope they won't be Kohona related; particularly not the namikaze (like we need Naruto to be even more special)

Who knows, if the Hyuga ARE the 4th way, then maybe Hinata will actually play a decent role...
man try saying that with a straight face
frankly i might be happy with Hanabi appearance
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:24   Link #98
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

600 billion? So far fetched.... and was that a destructo disc I saw there

Also, if naruto, an Uzumaki, possibly related to the senju, with uchiha power in him, has a child with hinata, another possible part of the 6 paths somehow, their child would be a black ops at age 4.
Old 2010-09-15, 18:24   Link #99
Queen darkness
Lady of mystery

Location: In the darkness the only place for me to feel alive.
Send a message via Yahoo to Queen darkness
I can't wait for the next chapter to be out!.
Queen darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:33   Link #100
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
600 billion? So far fetched.... and was that a destructo disc I saw there

Also, if naruto, an Uzumaki, possibly related to the senju, with uchiha power in him, has a child with hinata, another possible part of the 6 paths somehow, their child would be a black ops at age 4.
Just imagine how strong Naruto and Hanabi's child would be, she's already stronger than Hinata. That baby would be Anbu at age 2.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion