Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 09:51   Link #1
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Hi10P on new Subnotebook

Hello,
Not so lang ago I bought a new Lenovo X121e with the following specs:

- 29,46cm (11.6") HD LED Display, matt (1366x768)
- AMD Fusion E-450 1.65GHz (1MB Cache)
- 4096 MB DDR3-RAM 1333MHz
- 320 GB SATA Festplatte 7200 U/min
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6320M (Shared Memory)

I tried to set it up for Hi10P Anime playback using this guide:

http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/?p=205

Right now I'm running MPC-HC, LAV Filters and EVR Custom. I tested with Fate/Zero 05 from utw, and it still slows down during some sequences. But it doesn't get out of synch, it shortly stops playing completely, than resumes.

Any idea of how I could increase the performance, making it run smooth?
Old 2011-11-05, 10:44   Link #2
EroKing

I'm guessing it's cuz of LAV, since it gives max quality probably needs a lot out of the processor. Remove all those and just get the latest CCCP. With EVR Custom choose Bilinear (PS 2.0) as the resizer. Though I'm not 100% sure if your processor is good enough for playing 10 bits. Most 720p should work though.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:48   Link #3
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I'm guessing it's cuz of LAV, since it gives max quality probably needs a lot out of the processor.
From the tests I've seen, LAV is actually the fastest Hi10p decoder at the moment. It would come down to the (subtitle) renderer, might even want to try a different player like mplayer2. There were some tips in the other Hi10p threads.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:45   Link #4
cyberbeing

If the slowdown happens during the opening karaoke, try using xy-VSFilter
(If you followed that guide, make sure you run regsvr32 on the xy-VSFilter VSFilter.dll, un-check auto-load subtitles in MPC-HC, and set DirectVOBSub to preferred in MPC-HC external filters).

Ironically, we were just troubleshooting someone's problem with [UTW] Fate/Zero 05 over at the CCCP forums. So far, it seems xy-VSFilter + FFDShow gave the best results, and gommorah is presently trying to improve the lackluster performance when using threaded-VSFilter.

Other things you can try:

Disable the P010 format in LAV Video

AND/OR

Use FFDShow instead of LAV Video (should be slower but you never know)

AND/OR

Use the Overlay Mixer renderer in MPC-HC

OR if all else fails

SMPlayer2

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2011-11-05 at 20:09.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:42   Link #5
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Not sure, but I think OutFoxZero had issues with 1080p Hi10p content with an E-350 CPU. The E-450 isn't that much faster.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=13
Old 2011-11-26, 00:16   Link #6
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Hm, problem seems resolved. Right now I'm running the newest cccp with xy-vsfilter and everything plays totally fine. I also noticed that the slowing down problems do indeed arrive because of the subtitles, not the video itself, which I find somewhat strange....
Old 2011-11-26, 09:47   Link #7
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Hm, problem seems resolved. Right now I'm running the newest cccp with xy-vsfilter and everything plays totally fine. I also noticed that the slowing down problems do indeed arrive because of the subtitles, not the video itself, which I find somewhat strange....
What were the results in running the video file under SMPlayer2 with mplayer2?
Old 2011-11-27, 11:43   Link #8
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
What were the results in running the video file under SMPlayer2 with mplayer2?
it totally didn't run on my x121e
Old 2011-11-28, 01:50   Link #9
lachs0r
not fansubbing 24/7

Any idea why? I’m interested in making it work on as many systems as possible, so I’d be happy if you could post some mplayer2 logs with different video outputs.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:40   Link #10
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachs0r View Post
Any idea why? I’m interested in making it work on as many systems as possible, so I’d be happy if you could post some mplayer2 logs with different video outputs.
Well, I've got no real idea...
It's just, I installed it and assumed it would work like vlc does, being stand-alone and all. So after installation I tried to play a file, UTW's Fate/Zero 09 to be exact, and the video got stuck after 5 seconds of playing. And then I looked at the settings, but I totaly hve no clue of how to configure this...
Old 2011-11-29, 03:05   Link #11
lachs0r
not fansubbing 24/7

Well, the file plays fine on my test machines (AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ craptop from 2004, AMD Athlon64 3200+).
Maybe you want to try the direct3d_shaders video output under Preferences → General → Video. I’m not sure if gl would work since this thing has AMD graphics, but it’s still worth a try. Also try the openal audio output; who knows what other hidden bugs the dsound one has.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:37   Link #12
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I made an amazing discovery, but it's more relöated to my notebook than to the mediaplayer stuff. There was an option in the energy manager settings, which let me raise the CPU power, and apparently it was set to "low", so I set it to max. It was like discovering your bycicle is actually a ferrari.....

Everything runs smoothly, I could even use madVR if I wanted to without problems, but normal CCCP+Lame does the job exactly how I want it to.

By the way, still couldn't get SMplayer to run properly....
Old 2011-12-30, 01:18   Link #13
oldtype1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachs0r View Post
Well, the file plays fine on my test machines (AMD Mobile Sempron 2800+ craptop from 2004, AMD Athlon64 3200+).
Maybe you want to try the direct3d_shaders video output under Preferences → General → Video. I’m not sure if gl would work since this thing has AMD graphics, but it’s still worth a try. Also try the openal audio output; who knows what other hidden bugs the dsound one has.
hi, new user here. anyway, how did you get hi10p to work on an athlon64 3200? that's what i have, but i come across issues when i try to get it to play. do you mind if i ask exactly what you used and how you set it up?
Old 2011-12-31, 01:38   Link #14
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

As noted, I have a very similar system to the OP... a E-350 powered Thinkpad X120e. The only relevant difference is the OP's e-450 is clocked at 1.65ghz as opposed to 1.6 for mine.

In my experience, with CCCP set to use LAV, I can play a lot of 720P Hi10P anime fine, but not stuff with high bitrates (bluray rips in particular can be bad for this) and complex karaoke. Some of the vsfilter mods can help with performance but not in the worst scenarios. 1080P is basically just straight out of the question.

If you don't mind Windows deactivating Aero every time you launch MPC-HC, I'd recommend setting your renderer to overlay mixer rather than EVR, seems to run a little faster.

I've experimented a bit with SMPlayer and lachs0r's Mplayer 2 builds and they also work, although I didn't pursue this too far because I'm used to CCCP and wasn't seeing much of a performance difference. I remember having some bugs with output in OpenGL mode. Direct X (fast) output was probably the best - like the overlay mixer in CCCP, it causes Windows to turn off Aero but gives a nifty little speed boost relative to Direct 3D output. Actually, the one reason why I didn't experiment much with lachs0r's SMPlayer build (in addition the Mplayer one) is because I couldn't figure out how to switch it to Direct X (fast) output.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2012-02-07, 07:41   Link #15
Kitame

hopefully i'm not bumping this 2months old thread too much...

well anyway, i'm curious, can the E-450 handle 1080p hi10p now? i mean theres a couple of improvements on the codecs and such.
Edit: i think i'm being vague... using the following setup =P Windows 7 64bit w/ 4GB ram, MPC-HC, LAV filters, Haali media splitter, xy-VSFilter, MadVR(optional).
Edit2: is it me or this forum is dead?
Edit3: aw come on, is this forum really dead?

Last edited by Kitame; 2012-02-09 at 03:12.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:00   Link #16
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The E-450 is highly unlikely able to run Hi10p 1080p. 720p Hi10p is cutting it close for E350. I have an AMD C-50 1ghz and it barely runs low bitrate 10bit 720p. 8-bit's A-okay due to DXVA, but anything higher than 3000kb/s will start to choke.

Xy-vs filter is a must for netbooks.

MadVR's useless and a waste of system resources.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?