AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-15, 13:29   Link #4201
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_- that's idiotic let them whine. If they don't have self control on their selves then its their problem.
Self-control is a virtue that 99.999% of the population of the world seems to not have..
Old 2013-04-15, 14:18   Link #4202
DarkDooM

It's been 1 month since volume 9 was released but I don't see any updates on the chinese site. Anyone know if the translator there quit or is just being a bit slow?
Old 2013-04-15, 15:22   Link #4203
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No head dragon looked in to him and with in a day found the following

Tatsuya also belives that if he was investagated useing his identity to claim the credit for flight magic his faimily ties would be discovered.

So Koichi doing a back ground check on Tatsuya would either pull up enough of his real background that make it clear he is Yotsuba not some underling or the same information the No head Dragon did which should raise a ton of red flags since he as well has similar levels of influence to intervene at the highest level of government. Again probaly not someone that they should be useing in this plan blindly.
I know that. I'm asking when should Koichi have run a background check on him. Speaking of which, maybe he did, but didn't get the results until after the Yokohama War arc?

@Chimurry: Tatsuya's performance in the Monolith Code did not demonstrate the Yotsuba's power. A clan's power is not only measured by the strength of its individual members, but also by their political power and influence, which can hardly be demonstrated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.N View Post
This is the first time in japan that 10 strongest family happend to not have same number in their name. The kiddo Shipou is too naive and young to think only him can make his family magically jump in top ten.
Just as a note, there is one case. The Itsuwa is only a master clan because of Itsuwa Mio, user of Deep Abyss and Japan's only Apostle.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:13   Link #4204
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I know that. I'm asking when should Koichi have run a background check on him. Speaking of which, maybe he did, but didn't get the results until after the Yokohama War arc?

@Chimurry: Tatsuya's performance in the Monolith Code did not demonstrate the Yotsuba's power. A clan's power is not only measured by the strength of its individual members, but also by their political power and influence, which can hardly be demonstrated .

Just as a note, there is one case. The Itsuwa is only a master clan because of Itsuwa Mio, user of Deep Abyss and Japan's only Apostle.
Fully agree, my POV doesnt meant to be like you write about Yotsuba + Tats= Master Clan worth, maybe I need to be more clear:

Yotsuba ready are really powerfull Clan without Tats and Miyuki, 4th Clan has entered in transition period, when new generations come to join the previous, this probably the first time when they can add Magicians 100% product of more than 30 years of try outs and cutting edge improvement experimentations, here is my point why Retsu and Koichi really are scare about 4th Clan power up, lets say Tats doings in 9 Schools Competitions was a "sample" of the Yotsuba latest working results on man made line production Magicians, here come the worries, cuz if Tats could do what they saw, What else is under the rabbit hat??.

Tats participation and deeds on 9 Schools Competitions was like like a lighthouse in midnight without moon for the International Magic Society, MIlitary across Globe and ORGs Legal and Illegal purposes, Why I say that??, in Vol 6 we read USNA ready have tail their group, this with one scapes from Ericka and Leo, the event and Tats actions adding Miyuki performance unlike Okinawa, Egalite and Blanche was on Public view, Ichijou is not only the Heir of the 1st Master Clan, he belongs to self proclaimed Top Elite and rulers at Japan Magical Society, with this proclamation they no doubt to enforce with full strenght to apply their own rules, judge and punishment, like the "Extra" Families, heres is why Katsuto received the order from 10th Master Clans Council to smash his foe in the Monolith Code, it was a proclamation that the 10th Master Clans are definitely the stronger and the chapter between Tats and Ichijou will not end there, like saying Tats commit a serious crime against 10th Master Clans pride defeating Ichijou head on.
So, writen simple: Tats doings called strong attention, activating all kinds of curiosity, starting from beginning: Who is this guy and where comes from??.

BTW: Magician standard definition comes from International Magic Association, no from Yotsuba own interpretation, the same apply with the ranks, classifications and evaluations standards resulting in weeds and blooms in 1st High.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:49   Link #4205
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Fully agree, my POV doesnt meant to be like you write about Yotsuba + Tats= Master Clan worth, maybe I need to be more clear:

Yotsuba ready are really powerfull Clan without Tats and Miyuki, 4th Clan has entered in transition period, when new generations come to join the previous, this probably the first time when they can add Magicians 100% product of more than 30 years of try outs and cutting edge improvement experimentations, here is my point why Retsu and Koichi really are scare about 4th Clan power up, lets say Tats doings in 9 Schools Competitions was a "sample" of the Yotsuba latest working results on man made line production Magicians, here come the worries, cuz if Tats could do what they saw, What else is under the rabbit hat??.

Tats participation and deeds on 9 Schools Competitions was like like a lighthouse in midnight without moon for the International Magic Society, MIlitary across Globe and ORGs Legal and Illegal purposes, Why I say that??, in Vol 6 we read USNA ready have tail their group, this with one scapes from Ericka and Leo, the event and Tats actions adding Miyuki performance unlike Okinawa, Egalite and Blanche was on Public view, Ichijou is not only the Heir of the 1st Master Clan, he belongs to self proclaimed Top Elite and rulers at Japan Magical Society, with this proclamation they no doubt to enforce with full strenght to apply their own rules, judge and punishment, like the "Extra" Families, heres is why Katsuto received the order from 10th Master Clans Council to smash his foe in the Monolith Code, it was a proclamation that the 10th Master Clans are definitely the stronger and the chapter between Tats and Ichijou will not end there, like saying Tats commit a serious crime against 10th Master Clans pride defeating Ichijou head on.
So, writen simple: Tats doings called strong attention, activating all kinds of curiosity, starting from beginning: Who is this guy and where comes from??.

BTW: Magician standard definition comes from International Magic Association, no from Yotsuba own interpretation, the same apply with the ranks, classifications and evaluations standards resulting in weeds and blooms in 1st High.
I'm beginning to understand where your coming from, but you seem to misunderstand something. Koichi's and Kudou's evaluation of the Yotsuba's power was not based or even related to Tatsuya's performance in the Nine School's Competition. Only Kudou knew Tatsuya was an artificial magician and Koichi's knows little of Tatsuya's abilities, or even the fact that he is an artificial magician. Tatsuya only used Gram Demolition, Regrowth once which no one saw and a sound magic, against Ichijou which is hardly a viable technique for anyone else and largely won because of his skill. Tatsuya was deemed a failure as an artificial magician and so far only the Sakurai series were seen as successes. In other words, Tatsuya can hardly be seen as a sample of the Yotsuba's success and Koichi doesn't even know he's a sample.
Old 2013-04-15, 17:57   Link #4206
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
It's been 1 month since volume 9 was released but I don't see any updates on the chinese site. Anyone know if the translator there quit or is just being a bit slow?
Currently being translated it looks like. Last update, 4/9/2013 on CH 1 (I don't think this chapter is finished but couldn't be bothered to check). Poor guy getting complaints about translating speed / lack of updates too.
Old 2013-04-15, 17:58   Link #4207
Flere821
Lurker

Chinese translations of Double7 4th installment is complete. Here's some extra tidbits:
Spoiler for D7:
Old 2013-04-15, 18:05   Link #4208
kagato3

Quote:
Ok correct me if I'm mistaken but from what I read here, Koichi plan to weaken Yotsuba is by disbanding the 101st because he belives the Youtsuba have control over it. (They don't and from Maya's meeting with Kazama in volume 8 it looks as if she wasn't too happy they had their hooks in Tatsuya to begin with). He belive this because he as found out that Kazama and Maya have been meeting. He has also found out that Tatsuya is a member of the 101st (likely do to when he met with Mayumi durring the Yokohama War ) To disband 101, Koichi will expose that one of the students of first high is member of it and anti-magic will invade the first high useing that as a reason.

From the sound of it Koichi doesn't know Tatsuya is the link to the Yotsuba at all. And this is where doing a background check on him would have prevented him from makeing the mistake that will get him burned as I doubt he would act so recklessly if he knew he was not going after a random Yotsuba flunky but someone the Yotsuba have thrown most of their resources behind hiding. And that is something he would find out just by doing a quick check of his public records like the No Head Dragon did.

Now Koichi's plan is pretty much doomed to start with.First volume 8 makes it look as if Maya would be happy if the 101st just goes away, so far from weaken her she gets something she wants. Second the Yotsuba can do some major damage control just by letting it be known that he is Miyu's son. Even if those inside the Yotsuba don't see him as a familiy member those outside the clan would and a member of the 10 master clans his age being a reserve part of a military unit would not be that out of the ordenary . Third because of who Tatsuya and Miyuki are there is nearly no way that the Yotsuba wouldn't catch wind of this way before this happens.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-15, 18:16   Link #4209
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Ok correct me if I'm mistaken but from what I read here, Koichi plan to weaken Yotsuba is by disbanding the 101st because he belives the Youtsuba have control over it. (They don't and from Maya's meeting with Kazama in volume 8 it looks as if she wasn't too happy they had their hooks in Tatsuya to begin with). He belive this because he as found out that Kazama and Maya have been meeting. He has also found out that Tatsuya is a member of the 101st (likely do to when he met with Mayumi durring the Yokohama War ) To disband 101, Koichi will expose that one of the students of first high is member of it and anti-magic will invade the first high useing that as a reason.

From the sound of it Koichi doesn't know Tatsuya is the link to the Yotsuba at all. And this is where doing a background check on him would have prevented him from makeing the mistake that will get him burned as I doubt he would act so recklessly if he knew he was not going after a random Yotsuba flunky but someone the Yotsuba have thrown most of their resources behind hiding. And that is something he would find out just by doing a quick check of his public records like the No Head Dragon did.

Now Koichi's plan is pretty much doomed to start with.First volume 8 makes it look as if Maya would be happy if the 101st just goes away, so far from weaken her she gets something she wants. Second the Yotsuba can do some major damage control just by letting it be known that he is Miyu's son. Even if those inside the Yotsuba don't see him as a familiy member those outside the clan would and a member of the 10 master clans his age being a reserve part of a military unit would not be that out of the ordenary . Third because of who Tatsuya and Miyuki are there is nearly no way that the Yotsuba wouldn't catch wind of this way before this happens.
Ohhh. You know, the guy who did the Mayumi SS added a note saying that Koichi had deduced that Tatsuya is Yotsuba. It is very likely to be true. Koichi knows two pieces of highly valid information:

1. Yotsuba have met with 101 many time (someone in the Yotsuba is 101)
2. Tatsuya is 101.

So it's likely he already knows Tatsuya is Yotsuba.

Thanks for the tidbits, Flere821!

Just a few extra questions:

1. When is Tatsuya's birthday?
2. It was really called a Stellar Furnace instead of a fusion reactor?
3. Are you sure it was a Mrs. Smith? I thought the new teacher from America was a male.
4. Still no sign of Pixie?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-04-15 at 18:29.
Old 2013-04-15, 18:20   Link #4210
Anthony.N

Quote:

Koichi just wants to cut the connection between Yotsuba and 101st, he can not disband 101st because he has no power in control military source
Old 2013-04-15, 18:42   Link #4211
Chimurry

Quote:
Ohhh. You know, the guy who did the Mayumi SS added a note saying that Koichi had deduced that Tatsuya is Yotsuba. It is very likely to be true. Koichi knows two pieces of highly valid information:

2. Tatsuya is 101.

3. Are you sure it was a Mrs. Smith? I thought the new teacher from America was a male.
I think is in April, but: What happened with Miyuki birthday??, I can't recall any mention about it and she is born in March.
About Maya, Kazama and 101st, I think Tats Stellar Furnace comes as part of the Maya plans to power up and back Miyuki Heir candidacy, another event will be Miyuki vs Ayako Icicle Destruction Competition in 2096 9 Schools Competitions, the only minor issue is Ayako is 1st year and Miyuki 2nd, so by normal entrance they're machts are in 2 different categories, only if 4th High allow Ayako going "Pro" and I think Ayako will try due her fighting spirit vs Miyuki, cuz Tats, but it will be long wait until this come clear.
Old 2013-04-15, 18:54   Link #4212
L-V
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Chinese translations of Double7 4th installment is complete. Here's some extra tidbits:
Spoiler for D7:

Thank you very much, Flere!

Spoiler for comments:
Old 2013-04-15, 20:00   Link #4213
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I think is in April, but: What happened with Miyuki birthday??, I can't recall any mention about it and she is born in March.
so the author skipped miyuki Birthday ?
Old 2013-04-15, 20:33   Link #4214
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
so the author skipped miyuki Birthday ?
Miyuki's birthday hasn't happened yet in the LN, when the USNA/Vampire arc is over and Miyuki's birthday still hasn't happened, he may do a SS Volume like Vol.5 and include her birthday as SS.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:49   Link #4215
kagato3

Quote:

2. Tatsuya is 101.

Haveing finaly read that SS, I'm even more confused why Koichi seems to be holding an idoitball. With the information that lead him to the deducetion that Tatsuya was at least affitated with the Yotsuba he knows that the 101st is not likely to be under the Yotsuba control at all.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:57   Link #4216
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

I want an anime... Bad!
Old 2013-04-15, 22:30   Link #4217
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
-Kasumi and Izumi's unique magic seems to be 'Twincast' like in some Final Fantasy games, where if they cast the same kind of spells it's greatly amplified and they have greater control than if they casted it with only one of them. It's one of their trump cards, and obviously Tatsuya knows about it.
Is it as in Vivi's twin cast in FF9 where he could use two spells in sequence or more like FF4 where two characters used the same spell at the same time to make it stronger?

Old 2013-04-15, 22:57   Link #4218
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is it as in Vivi's twin cast in FF9 where he could use two spells in sequence or more like FF4 where two characters used the same spell at the same time to make it stronger?
I think that would be more along the lines of Porom and Palom, they have an ability called twincast... they appeared in final fantasy 4 i think. anyway I like the technical explainations of the abilities like these i wonder of one controls the output while the other controls the spell
Old 2013-04-16, 00:58   Link #4219
cyberdemon

Quote:
Haveing finaly read that SS, I'm even more confused why Koichi seems to be holding an idoitball. With the information that lead him to the deducetion that Tatsuya was at least affitated with the Yotsuba he knows that the 101st is not likely to be under the Yotsuba control at all.
Well considering that he was engaged to Maya once. It's more surprising he hasn't noticed the resemblance between Miya and Miyuki. That's something that he's one of the few with the knowledge to recognize without research. Put together that they're brother and sister and he has all the answers for their connection to Yotsuba.
Old 2013-04-16, 02:53   Link #4220
Chimurry

From myself: I don't mind, only thing is probably the headline tag % complete or incomplete, with this is up to the user, if still complain, well, even don't worth mind about it, I retreat from many forums or try to participate less, just when I see something really interesting or people meddling the LN, since you people are not updating I took Infinite Stratos updates, re read and wish more translated work, but even with that seems the author only released 1 vol in like 15 months, so I took Date a Life ann moved to SAO final web arc, what I am trying to say: Attend your priorities based on your own judgement, I really appreciate you Translators spoil Us with LN or SS complete translations or summaries, short or detailed, but is more than understable you got RL.

Don't take all complains as something even worth read or attend, is like hearing someone complain here, at this point of the threat complaining about spoilers of Vol 8, when they just start reading Vol 1, is just like that: useless and waste of time and maybe some headache that doesn't worth.

BTW: Good luck with your tests!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings