AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 18:31   Link #17841
amurorei83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I will wait for the 1:100 thank you very much :P
Same...

Harute looks real badass atm. The GN Sword IV looks really awful, it doesn't fit with the whole design. A slightly longer and slender looking sword would look much better.
amurorei83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:56   Link #17842
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I will wait for the 1:100 thank you very much :P
If it's from the same team behind the 1/100 Season 2 models, no thanks.
Old 2010-06-26, 03:11   Link #17843
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
All 4 HG 00 Movie Gundams, although only the HG 00 Qan[T] is shown with the complete color mold:

i hope they fixed 00 Qan[T]'s unstability problems, but to me that GN Sword is acting like a counter balance
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 03:31   Link #17844
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i hope they fixed 00 Qan[T]'s unstability problems, but to me that GN Sword is acting like a counter balance
It was never imbalanced in the first place: That now infamous image of the 00 Qan[T] tipping over during the Shizuoka Hobby Show was just a badly posed model. That HG 00 Qan[T]'s pose was corrected later in the event, showing it to have good balance overall. And that was the model without the GN Sword.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 05:39   Link #17845
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
It was never imbalanced in the first place: That now infamous image of the 00 Qan[T] tipping over during the Shizuoka Hobby Show was just a badly posed model. That HG 00 Qan[T]'s pose was corrected later in the event, showing it to have good balance overall. And that was the model without the GN Sword.
really? EDIT: found the pic some pages back, thanks for telling
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 18:44   Link #17846
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Custom mod magazine HG 1/144 Gundam Avalanche Exia'

Spoiler for Custom HG 1/144 GN-001/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Exia' SIZE SPOILER':

Spoiler for Custom HG 1/144 GN-001/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Exia' SIZE SPOILER':

Magazine Custom
HG 1/144 Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F' and non scale GNMA-Y0001 Empruss scratchbuild

Spoiler for HG 1/144 GNY-001F/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F':

Spoiler for non scale GNMA-Y0001 Empruss scratchbuild:

Note: ' is pronounced as "dash"

Credit:Homeless

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-06-26 at 19:08.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 19:56   Link #17847
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
00 Qan[T] will be fine. The shield on the side doesn't seem that heavy anyway.

I reckon Harute will have balance problems, because of that massive backpack. (also, in the picture above which i forgot to quote, they had to put a transparent block under the binders to hold it up)

Which is a shame, seeing that Harute looks the most badass atm...

Quote:
QFT.
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 21:48   Link #17848
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I use an action base all the time, so any unstable problems would probably be less of a problem. Unless it involved a heavy handheld weapon like Arche's Buster Sword.
Old 2010-06-27, 03:07   Link #17849
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I use an action base all the time, so any unstable problems would probably be less of a problem. Unless it involved a heavy handheld weapon like Arche's Buster Sword.
Yea, same. I have a lot of bases, but still, it's good to have absolutely no risk of weight problems.

Oh well, that's Bandai's problem to solve.
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 08:18   Link #17850
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
How i wish the Avalanche Astrea Type F Dash due officially HGfied with the current type F weapons =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 17:50   Link #17851
Dynamite

*sigh* I realize I have so much more to learn about models.

Heres a small story. I've had a 1/144 Cherudim for a long time now. I used to pose it on an Action Base 2, but I took it off for the more dynamic Arios.
So I've been trying to make dynamic poses for the Cherudim on its feet for a while, but failed over and over due to balancing issues. The kit will fall backwards almost every single time due to the heavy shield-bits on its back...

So its been about half a year now, and I pretty much gave up on making it look cool. Then I saw the images of the new Damashii Cherudim Saga and I noticed something peculiar. It can do the dynamic poses I wanted without it tipping over.
I thought "wow, what a feat of great engineering this is. The Damashii line must be SO much better."

Then I notice...
The spurs on the back of the Cherudim's feet...they are meant for "anchoring"...
In other words, with them down flat on the ground, the feet gets a boost in flat surface area so it won't tip backwards.
And for the entire time I had the kits, I thought they were just weird looking boards..
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 01:48   Link #17852
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
*sigh* I realize I have so much more to learn about models.

Heres a small story. I've had a 1/144 Cherudim for a long time now. I used to pose it on an Action Base 2, but I took it off for the more dynamic Arios.
So I've been trying to make dynamic poses for the Cherudim on its feet for a while, but failed over and over due to balancing issues. The kit will fall backwards almost every single time due to the heavy shield-bits on its back...

So its been about half a year now, and I pretty much gave up on making it look cool. Then I saw the images of the new Damashii Cherudim Saga and I noticed something peculiar. It can do the dynamic poses I wanted without it tipping over.
I thought "wow, what a feat of great engineering this is. The Damashii line must be SO much better."

Then I notice...
The spurs on the back of the Cherudim's feet...they are meant for "anchoring"...
In other words, with them down flat on the ground, the feet gets a boost in flat surface area so it won't tip backwards.
And for the entire time I had the kits, I thought they were just weird looking boards..
LOL!! I remember doing that exact thing years ago when I first got into modeling!! Don't worry 'you live and learn' as they say, now you shall remember to pay a bit more attention in the future.
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 03:22   Link #17853
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Another image of HG 00 Qan[T]

GN Sword looks to be of correct length in this angle, and its folding handle gimmick is confirmed here.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 03:35   Link #17854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

When compared to the lineart of the 00 Qan[T] with its sword, the design seems slightly off on the model, down the center of the blade. Of course, with the back view in the way, its impossible to really tell for sure... *sigh*
Old 2010-06-28, 17:09   Link #17855
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Seems like Harute's butt is too huge for him to even stand straight without support.

I have to say, I'm growing on Harute's design, even though I still dislike his face/horn design. Although I give them props for trying something new.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 19:50   Link #17856
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

i'm thinking, I'll wait for a few months before getting the new movie gundams to see how many versions come out. (Like the GNHW Series, Designer Colors, 00 7 Swords, 00 Raiser.) To see wich version is best.
(Not make same mistake get 1/100 00 Raiser, Then 2 weeks later 1/100 00 Raiser with GN Sword 3 Comes out. )
Old 2010-06-28, 19:57   Link #17857
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Seems like Harute's butt is too huge for him to even stand straight without support.

I have to say, I'm growing on Harute's design, even though I still dislike his face/horn design. Although I give them props for trying something new.

It's a good thing that the gundams in this series stay in the air most of the time. I'd say Harute and Raphael would have a hard time walk/standing on the ground.

I'm looking forward to the posability and flexibility of the rifle pods on the Zabanya. Hope they don't reveal anything in the movie that causes bandai to re-release the 00 movie model kits.
LoneWolfFenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 01:51   Link #17858
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Did it really just take more than a year to get a scratch build Empruss?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 15:26   Link #17859
Dynamite

The 00 movie suits will definitely have balancing issues. Kinda forces people to buy the bases.
But from what I've seen, all the suits barring the Qan-T are gimmick heavy. And like we've all seen, articulation and balance are ALWAYS compromised for gimmicks (see: MG Unicorn).

Btw, what are your guesses on how they approached the Raphael? Its a good assumption that the big wall is another suit. And since the Raphael is rather slender compared to the Virtue/Seravee, its probably going to be something big.
OR, its a reverse Virtue. The wall turns into extra armor for the Raphael. Makes the Michelangelo or something, lol.

So do you think its going to be a super high price? Or are they going to release a second kit that is just the second suit, like the Seraphim? Or anything else.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 16:45   Link #17860
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Another image of HG 00 Qan[T]

GN Sword looks to be of correct length in this angle, and its folding handle gimmick is confirmed here.
Yeah, I can tell as well. The sword length looks more accurate here. More long and slender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Did it really just take more than a year to get a scratch build Empruss?
I think it took more than a year to get some modeler to care to get a scratchbuild of Empruss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
The 00 movie suits will definitely have balancing issues. Kinda forces people to buy the bases.
But from what I've seen, all the suits barring the Qan-T are gimmick heavy. And like we've all seen, articulation and balance are ALWAYS compromised for gimmicks (see: MG Unicorn).

Btw, what are your guesses on how they approached the Raphael? Its a good assumption that the big wall is another suit. And since the Raphael is rather slender compared to the Virtue/Seravee, its probably going to be something big.
OR, its a reverse Virtue. The wall turns into extra armor for the Raphael. Makes the Michelangelo or something, lol.

So do you think its going to be a super high price? Or are they going to release a second kit that is just the second suit, like the Seraphim? Or anything else.
Most likely they'll separate it like they did the Nadleeh and Seraphim. I recall having a discussion about the model statement. Something about the "Big Cannon dummy" or something that was in the statement for the HG Raphael.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy