AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 19:31   Link #15901
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I know I'm getting redundant here, but seriously though, Kamachi really needs to stop watching movies about America...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-12-30, 19:50   Link #15902
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I just don't see them as very intimidating

also, Wall-mart sells guns!?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-12-30, 19:51   Link #15903
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
also, Wall-mart sells guns!?
It's remarkably easy to get guns in the United States.
Old 2011-12-30, 20:18   Link #15904
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, the latest update would further explain why Olay Blueshake is a very real threat- she has her hand in everything.

In addition...

Quote:
“Hmm. You and Misaka might be able to pull that off, but someone as small as Kuroyoru-chan would look suspicious even in a military uniform.”

“Then we just need to stuff her in a bag or something. She’s small to begin with and her arms can be detached. We can make her pretty compact if we need to.”

“…Don’t you fucking dare,” growled Kuroyoru.
I remember there used to be a loli-in-a-bag meme somewhere...
Old 2011-12-30, 20:21   Link #15905
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ That's Kyon's Imouto in a Bag.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-30, 22:52   Link #15906
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Testament 3 updated to 80%.

If Academy City is the only true Science base Organization that can stand up to Occult threats, then it's no wonder other countries would flock to the magic side to protect themselves.
Old 2011-12-30, 23:03   Link #15907
Miraluka
Banned

Here is the link.

New Testament 3 Chapter 3 updated to 80%.
Old 2011-12-30, 23:04   Link #15908
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
USA organized as a Theocracy?

Dear Lord Kamachi, how do you get such ideas? XD
Old 2011-12-30, 23:22   Link #15909
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
USA organized as a Theocracy?

Dear Lord Kamachi, how do you get such ideas? XD

The 'good stuff' Nayrael... The 'good stuff'...

But seriously though, like I've said- I'm not surprise if people start to flock towards the magic side to gain power as long as Academy City doesn't share, or no other magician is willing to defect like Crowley did.
Old 2011-12-30, 23:54   Link #15910
arson88

Spoiler for Toaru Majutsu no Index: NT Volume 03 Chapter 04:
Old 2011-12-31, 00:00   Link #15911
Daft

I'm hoping this talk about collecting gemstones and dissecting them for research comes up again in the main sequence of volumes. With the way things are going, perhaps the rest of the world will ally against Academy City's monopoly on gemstones (and thus psychic development) and try to forcefully extract them.

I want more gemstone characters fleshed out, which can hopefully lead to more Himegami, Sogita and the expansion on the strangeness of natural abilities in general -> which of course can eventually lead to Imagine Breaker and more Kumokawa Seria of course.
Old 2011-12-31, 00:09   Link #15912
leukrota

I was wondering why Necessarius wasn't in Hawaii. GREMLIN would normally be a priority target for them. But after reading the last part, it would not seem unlikely if Laura was playing dumb so that the US became a Protestant Theocracy as that could mean an increase of power for her (if she played her cards right.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
I'm hoping this talk about collecting gemstones and dissecting them for research comes up again in the main sequence of volumes. With the way things are going, perhaps the rest of the world will ally against Academy City's monopoly on gemstones (and thus psychic development) and try to forcefully extract them.

I want more gemstone characters fleshed out, which can hopefully lead to more Himegami, Sogita and the expansion on the strangeness of natural abilities in general -> which of course can eventually lead to Imagine Breaker and more Kumokawa Seria of course.
I believe the Gemstones will be very important at some point, it's about one of the side issues with the most foreshadowing at the moment.
Old 2011-12-31, 02:15   Link #15913
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I was wondering why Necessarius wasn't in Hawaii. GREMLIN would normally be a priority target for them. But after reading the last part, it would not seem unlikely if Laura was playing dumb so that the US became a Protestant Theocracy as that could mean an increase of power for her (if she played her cards right.)
Now that would be very interesting since they would have to learn magic from someone and if they want it to be Christianity then there's only one player in town.

We know Laura has every intention to capture Academy City, if America falls under Necessarius control as well then she would essentially rule the world.
Old 2011-12-31, 04:38   Link #15914
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Now that would be very interesting since they would have to learn magic from someone and if they want it to be Christianity then there's only one player in town.

We know Laura has every intention to capture Academy City, if America falls under Necessarius control as well then she would essentially rule the world.
Something is going to stuff up Laura Stuarts plans for when she does go on the world domination march

Last edited by jalvin_billster1091; 2011-12-31 at 05:33.
Old 2011-12-31, 06:13   Link #15915
Breidaluk

Still thinking about the kiharas that will appear in NT4. We only know 3 till now:Telestina, Nayuta and Gensei (no one knows where he is now, maybe he will appear). And lets not forget that there is still the possibility of Kihara Junior.
Old 2011-12-31, 06:26   Link #15916
Sumeragi
Banned

Kamachi seems to have envisioned a world were the religious right-wing Republicans managed to continuously have control over the presidency, the Congress, and the Supreme court since Reagon's ascendancy. What a world
Old 2011-12-31, 08:35   Link #15917
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kamachi seems to have envisioned a world were the religious right-wing Republicans managed to continuously have control over the presidency, the Congress, and the Supreme court since Reagon's ascendancy. What a world
It's not something new. Pretty much every government shown so far doesn't follow realistic ideas, for example Japan would never just freely "donate" a part of their own land so that a city can become an independent nation within their own borders. In fact, even if they are offered a super sweet deal better than what they can dream of, they still wouldn't agree; for what I know most of the japanese political party has this stubborn mentality that to us westerns have been told hasn't existed in japan for over 100 years.

There is also the fact that religion is not that entangled with politics. If the Vatican tells "go to war" to a country, they wouldn't jump the gun right away; like what happened in Index. It even happened with the Russian church, which is arguably not as large and influential as the Vatican.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-12-31 at 16:23.
Old 2011-12-31, 08:51   Link #15918
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It's not something new. Pretty much every government shown so far doesn't follow realistic ideas, for example Japan would never just freely "donate" a part of their own land so that a city can become and independent nation within their own borders. In fact, even if they are offered a super sweet deal better than what they can dream of, they still wouldn't agree; for what I know most of the japanese political party has this stubborn mentality that to us westerns have been told hasn't existed in japan for over 100 years.

There is also the fact that religion is not that entangled with politics. If the Vatican tells "go to war" to a country, they wouldn't jump the gun right away; like what happened in Index. It even happened with the Russian church, which is arguably not as large and influential as the Vatican.
What makes it scary is that I can actually see the US part of the entire story possible as compared to the other countries.
Old 2011-12-31, 16:24   Link #15919
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

And with this week heroic speech, Chapter 4 is now at 90%
Old 2011-12-31, 18:52   Link #15920
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

About time we got some of that Hero Touma
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2