4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-09, 08:39   Link #101
Cruor

^^1. Send me a bigger image of that.

2. Cut out Lancer's and Berserker's. Spoilers.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 08:58   Link #102
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Man, you will never know how badly a LN reader would want to spoil things here... (I mean "speculate" and debate with some knowledge/basis... and the only thread for LN/Drama CD readers is totally dead (what surprises me the most)). Anyways, I too feel kinda restricted since I might give some uninteded spoilers without knowing and the only thing we're allowed to discuss here is the overall impression from weekly episodes or play and the first time viewers
Uh, I would know actually. This is no different from the manga to anime adaptations discussions we get all the time around here. Last year I (and many others obviously) discussed 64 episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood without spoiling a single thing despite already knowing exactly what would happen from the source material. Not hard at all to do as long as you're careful and considerate of others' enjoyment of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
Right now if I didn't know any better I'd have thought that Waver was a chick.
Oh, poor Daisuke Namikawa doesn't sound that feminine.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:09   Link #103
giorno

@Mercurius: that pic has a HUGE spoiler regarding berserker's indentity, i suggest you edit it...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:18   Link #104
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sorry, I don’t intend to rise a ‘disturbing’ topic. Just plain question out of curiosity. And...nobody seem to answer/guess it yet. LOL
If your uncomfortable, then just imagine him as Collin Farrell's version of Alexander. At least he's pretty. And so was his best friend/lover, the front man of 30 Seconds to Mars.
Old 2011-10-09, 09:25   Link #105
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Mercurius.H, Can you PM me where did you found that picture?
Old 2011-10-09, 09:47   Link #106
ookamigirl

Rider & Waver kid... he sure is not up to the task, not yet anyway.
Wow! Rider is pretty impressive!
Iliya is a cute kid, it's a little unusual watching the prequel where they are still kids.
Saber & Caster showed up too. Caster is really scary!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 10:10   Link #107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If your uncomfortable, then just imagine him as Collin Farrell's version of Alexander. At least he's pretty. And so was his best friend/lover, the front man of 30 Seconds to Mars.
No no no, I’m not being uncomfortable about anything that I asked. Like I said before, I’m just curious. I asked it just for fun . Also, I don’t like Collin Farrell as Iskandar too .
Old 2011-10-09, 10:12   Link #108
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Speaking of Rider, is Iskandar/Alexander a gay in this Fate/ Zero version? Just curious LOL.
Alexander wasn't gay, he was a switch hitter.
Old 2011-10-09, 10:23   Link #109
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I am totally surprised at the fact that almost nobody here seems to have read the LN.
Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Man, you will never know how badly a LN reader would want to spoil things here...
Not true for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Well majority can't read japanese here in the west so when people watch anime 99% of the time is something completely new for them.
This has been fan translated way before the anime aired (sometime this year though), and it took over 4 years.

Lastly, Ilya is real cute! And wow, the NPs are nicely done (disclaimer: I'm not an expert in animation, so I get wowed easily). Both OP and ED are awesome. BGM's great. Seiyuus are great. This will probably be the most epic anime of the season.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 10:52   Link #110
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for lol:

Gotta love the bit where Assassin is going through all those security alarms. Kinda reminds me of Ocean's Twelve. But imo I think the best bit of the episode was when Irisviel was talking to Saber. I remember reading that bit in Novel and finding it really well done (though that's maybe because I'm obviously biased towards Saber XD).

To be honest when i read Ryunosuke's bit in the novel i didn't like him as a character at all. I thought he was just a much cheaper version Lio Shirazumi. No real explanation given as to why he's a psycho killer (But then again I didn't read past the first novel so it could be explained later). But seeing him in anime form is different. They've compressed his first bit significantly and he's got a lot of personality to him now somehow.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-09 at 11:14.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:07   Link #111
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Matches her look in the game and how it's described in text/words. She's supposed to be small enough to easily be mistaken as a man, after all.
Oh I am aware, it's just somewhat interesting.

Oh and Mercurius.H can you send me a PM of the picture as well. I didn't see the original post but I already know who Berserker is, so the picture should be interesting.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:27   Link #112
Nosauz

For me this episode wasn't nearly as high as the first episode, I think the epicness of that episode overshadowed this one, there was a lot of exposition that could have been cut, especially the Uryuu stuff, it's implied he killed those people it's better when he talks less because he instantly became less menacing, also Bluebeard and the kid... holy crap that was grim. Waver and Rider interactions were nice, but not all that compelling, and Kotomine being all sly was good, but Hassassin wasn't as impressive in the animated danceathon he took before he got nuked by the Gate of babylon. Overall good episode, but didn't manage the emotional connection as much as episode 1.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:01   Link #113
Soraya21

Great episode. The scenes with Bluebeard's introduction & Archer's brutal onslaught does really well to showcase the 2 servant's personality and powers, not to mention they give a much graver sense of the ruthless severity for those fighting over the holy grail compared to S/N's anime and its Might & Magic fantasy feel to it. And I'll also like to jump on the loli-er Illya bandwagon & say that her scene with Kiritsugu was so darn cute~.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:17   Link #114
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this ep only heightened my anticipation for this show. I adored the first series, and this one seems bigger, darker, better, and prettier. And "archer" (heh) already establishes himself as an asshole! woo. but a badass asshole.

I don't think assassin is dead yet. remember that he's a master of escape and stealth.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:21   Link #115
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest when i read Ryunosuke's bit in the novel i didn't like him as a character at all. I thought he was just a much cheaper version Lio Shirazumi. No real explanation given as to why he's a psycho killer (But then again I didn't read past the first novel so it could be explained later). But seeing him in anime form is different. They've compressed his first bit significantly and he's got a lot of personality to him now somehow.
I agree about the Shirazumi part, but for me Uryuu remains as bland as he was in the LN, if not even worse.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:25   Link #116
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Just gonna drop it here
Spoiler:

Thank you for this, I nearly died of laughter.

As for Caster's Master, I still think he's tons of fun. Sure there's nothing deep about him but hey, he's a psychopathic serial killer. He doesn't need to be.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:27   Link #117
Yuna Amakura

^I see nothing fun in a psychopathic serial killer. And this is not me being a moralist, but just because they always irritate me. Psycho face and stupid laughter, BORING.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:44   Link #118
LostHanyou

Okay, but anyone can sum up a character like that to make them seem boring.
Oh downer character just tears and angst BORING

Anyway, psycho face and stupid laughter is awesome. Plus CTHULU.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:49   Link #119
Yuna Amakura

^For the time being, Uryuu IS just that so I can simplify him in that way (and thus he bothers me). If he reveals to be something more (since I couldn't read the whole novel and hence I don't know what will happen), than my opinion about him may change.

And it is awesome for you. Good for you, bad for me.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:53   Link #120
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Damn. Archer was the top #1 reason I gave this episode a 10/10 Though Ryonuske and Caster just became the characters I dislike the most in this series so far just due to how sick in the head they both are.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote