AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-04, 04:45   Link #1
Wrath88
Kissing...

Rewatching Shuffle!

Well, I suppose some of us will watch anime we've already watched again to enjoy the story as well as to look at the parts other people talked about to see what they were referring to, but I have never done this until now. Shows how good Shuffle! is. (Either that, or I'm just too much of a fanboy for this anime)

So, basically I just started watching Shuffle! over again from the start. And it seems that there are a few things that just seem weird when you see them, which is what I really want to talk about. (People can talk about how their second experience of watching Shuffle! was as well)

Due to school, I've only seen up to episode 4, but already there are a few weird things. Well, not that weird, but strange enough to make you wonder why are things like that. So here are some of the things I've noticed:
1) When Mayumi announces that there are two transfer students instead of one, and that they were both cute girls in the first episode, while she was at the door, I counted approximately 12 guys, but when she goes to the teacher's desk, they multiplied to 24. They can't all be from the class itself, since there are approximately 30 desks, and I counted 12 girls in a small screenshot. I know some people will say that they came from other classes to hear Mayumi, but the time was too short for the other 12 to suddenly appear. Wonder why?
2) All the views of the defense forces I've seen have shown that they are all human. That's right, no gods or demons, AT ALL. I think this could be Japanese character. No offense to Japanese people in this forum.

So far, that's about all I've seen. Tell me your views on this things and other stuff that you may have noticed.
Old 2006-01-04, 05:42   Link #2
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
well as for 1), its possibly guys from other classes come over >.>
i went over to other classes too in my sec/high school days.
they're all human because... its a club based on humans? not to say its racist... but possibly the ma/shin people thinks that, "they're princesses, so its better to respect them."
Old 2006-01-04, 21:40   Link #3
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
one thing that i notice .... H-man is wearing school uniform in other word he's not asa father (considering npal theory about asa father is H-man)
oh more...
watching for the second time and see all defence force running around is fun

Old 2006-01-04, 21:54   Link #4
Ikusa_shounen

Onizuka Eikichi, Nii-juu nii-sai YOROSUKU

backontopic*
well if im not right then Asa's father or Ama husband died longago
or maybe he just left the county for "some" reason
Old 2006-01-04, 22:57   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I often rewatch good anime... for the same reason I reread good books. Sometimes they don't hold up well (like the only parts of Love Hina I can stand anymore are the Motoko episodes .. and even those suffer from animation quality .... the one with the opening patterned after samurai flicks from the 1920s still stands out.) Sometimes they are simply stellar time after time (Mahoraba, Honey & Clover).

I've been watching early episodes of Shuffle! and it reminds me why I initially got hooked on the show. Silly premise, goofy alien dads, witty banter -- Itsuki, Mayumi, Nadesico, and ... yes, Rin...... Rin had some golden lines especially with Itsuki.
And the entrancing girls .... Nerine was just so sweet my teeth hurt. Kaede's little "arrow shots" (what DO you call those superpositioned reaction shots? those are great) anytime Rin said something that gave her hope.
That *lovely* bit with Mayumi titling the 3 girls "Rin's Lovers" and their reactions (especially Kaede's eye glance).
Nerine stuck in my heart when she went nuclear and her lines when "taking out the trash" (its very good in the manga as well). And, oh yes... .the Mayumi Wiggle... in ep 1.

And the first two Kaede eps.... which had the promise of shooting the series out of the ballpark....

So... there were a lot of things done right (which makes the goof ups that much more aggravating) so I'll probably pull this one out from time to time and just concentrate on the moments I liked.

After all.... I'm even able to find a few episodes out of Negima I like (ep 19 is sublime and almost makes up for the rest of the series, ... bits and pieces of the combat give me a feel for what it *WOULD* have been like if the producers hadn't wasted one of the biggest opportunities of the year for merchandising and profit).
Old 2006-01-04, 23:31   Link #6
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
I mostly enjoy rewatching ep 1 and 2 . The story doesnt get to serious and a lot of funny and interesting scences especialy ...
1) KKK first appearence with spike baseball bat ,
2) H-man behind the wall
3) cool itsuki the womanizer ,
4) mayumi about the "small trend"
5) Kaede cute smile mostly in ep1and 2 .
If it wasnt because those character, i would not watch the other episodes

Old 2006-01-05, 00:21   Link #7
Furudanuki

I've been rewatching Shuffle! as well, both to refresh my memory about a few issues and looking for clues about possible twists for the ending.

I guess the major thing that has surprised me is how different I feel about Sia the second time around. Maybe it was just my pro-Nerine bias working overtime, but the first time I really did not care very much for Sia until quite late in the series. In the beach episode when Rin was giving Nerine a swimming lesson and Sia butts in and takes over, I was frankly hoping a shark would show up. During the second viewing, however, I'm picking up a lot more of her good points, and knowing that she will not be the one chosen makes her competitiveness seem a lot cuter now than it did before. Episode 10 was truly Sia's finest hour. The whole neighborhood is buzzing about Rin marrying Sia, but what is Sia thinking: "Well then, I'll be first. Then Rin-chan, and then Kae-chan! What about Rimu-chan?" Then Sia voluntarily sacrifices the advantage she had gained because she realized how much it was hurting her cousin. Much more poignant now knowing that she didn't just let the competition catch up, but instead wound up throwing the game. Yeah, I believe I do like Sia a lot better now.

Another bit of foreshadowing in episode 10 was how Kaede was reacting to the rumors about Rin and Sia. She had shown signs before when one of the other girls seemed to be getting close to Rin, but this time she is becoming clearly depressed and withdrawn. And the only person who thought to try to talk to her, who knew she might be having problems was... Asa. I completely missed the reason behind Asa's phone call the first time I saw that episode because Rin wound up answering the phone while Kaede was in the bath.

And I can't quit until I point out what a smart, perceptive little demoness Nerine is! I knew that she was the first one of the girls - besides possibly Kareha - who suspected that Asa might have feelings for Rin other than just friendship. But it was nice to confirm that by episode 4, Nerine had already figured out that there might be more competition for Rin than the others suspected. And lastly, since Nerine has been gentle-natured for many episodes now, I had almost forgotten how very scary Nerine can be when she is angry!
Old 2006-01-05, 00:40   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd have probably been much happier with Sia's little dream ending..... but given that dreams are harbingers of doom in this story .... wonder how Asa's dream will fare?

Just one more day ....
Old 2006-01-05, 00:46   Link #9
BrokenWingz

*Envies* I don't rewatch series on my computer something oftens unless theres a debate about it or i hear there's something interesting i miss, mainly because playing RO takes up most of my comp time*prays for paladin*.
Thought i rewatch series i have on dvd :P(e.g Ranma1/2)
Guess ill re-watch after it ends and see if theres remarks i miss.
Old 2006-01-05, 02:58   Link #10
Ikusa_shounen

gotta say Kaede was cute and funny and fluffy in epi 01-02

like you said no drama or seriousness here, just a lot of comedy an those..
Rin Hunterz

have rewatched em a couple of times now and i think that Kaede reminds me of.. well..
well.. to bad the anime dident atleast stay like this for a little longer
look for yourself:
(and btw dont think im KKK, i would have been
if she dident had freaked out like she did but still shes cute i have to say
when i first got in contact with the anime i thought like, ooo Rin and Kaede
it'll be but well we all saw what happened too bad tho)

lots of pics so...
WARNING LOTS OF PICS*
Spoiler:

okey i kinda overdid this
anyways best smile and face for anime girl 2k5

KAEDE still has GENKI powa!

EDIT:well some minor spellchecks and such*

Last edited by Ikusa_shounen; 2006-01-05 at 03:48.
Old 2006-01-05, 03:56   Link #11
SnakeLegend

whoa how did you guys managed to take screenies of the video?
Ontopic now: i just wanna know if i see correctly that the handkerchief guy's a skirt wearing fellow.
Old 2006-01-05, 05:01   Link #12
Wrath88
Kissing...

Kaede really looks like a cat in those pics you posted, Ikusa.

I wonder if the first KKK member, the guy with the bat, was an important member in the club, since he was wearing that KKK badge.
Old 2006-01-05, 08:46   Link #13
SnakeLegend

well every fan's an important person in the club, e.g. some chases Rin, some hates Rin, some spams Rin, some etc etc....
everything that has a first appearance's kinda important, as it shows the first impression on the viewers.
Old 2008-05-28, 05:02   Link #14
alberto143

yes im watching this anime soon.....on dvd.......

Closed Thread