AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-07-13, 02:00   Link #81
neoko

Spoiler for Manga -> Anime Translation:
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 19:46   Link #82
Dorothee

I've got a doubt wich I am unsure as where to place it, so forgive me if it doesnt belong here.

I am not a humble expert in manga so I am wondering what "shonen" means as you are refering this manga as a shonen one. Is it a kind of it?

Is the author known or the creator of another known manga? What do you know about him?

Thanks for your time
Dorothee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 20:13   Link #83
GundamZZ
残念美人

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shōnen
It is the quickest way to explain the genre.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-15 at 22:44.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 20:36   Link #84
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shōnen
It is the quickest way to explain the genre.

There are two Chinese translation.
The first one is from Hong Kong, and the second one is from Taiwan. The anime version has the similar word but they put "temporary" next to the title.

The following site is for the person from Singapore.
http://post.baidu.com/f?kw=%B4%F3%BD%A3
I think only mainland China uses simplify chinese. Hong Kong, Taiwan & Singapore are still using traditional chinese. The site you mention and the chinese title are simplify form!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong.
B-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 01:40   Link #85
silverstri

just wondering currently the latest chptr in manga is 73 + teresa's side story right? what volume is that? 12?
Old 2007-07-15, 01:50   Link #86
corkii

Send a message via MSN to corkii
I've got a question, has any claymores inherited any abyssal/AO blood and flesh?

- Jess.
corkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 04:45   Link #87
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
just wondering currently the latest chptr in manga is 73 + teresa's side story right? what volume is that? 12?
Scene 70-73 are part what will be Vol 13. This just my opinion but 74 and 75 will also be part of Vol 13 to finally complete the Vol.

Quote:
I've got a question, has any claymores inherited any abyssal/AO blood and flesh?

- Jess.
There been no reference to this that we know of. It very possible but nothing has been shown in the Manga that state this as of yet.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 04:51   Link #88
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

One quick question: what is the most current Japanese manga chapter for Claymore?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 04:54   Link #89
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
One quick question: what is the most current Japanese manga chapter for Claymore?
Scene 73 of the regular story line. Unless you want the extra scene which was release this month. A short story about Teresa.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 17:39   Link #90
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Question: We've seen multiple Claymores (near) naked a number of times in anime and manga... Has their "disfigurement" ever been shown? It seemed that their breast is the only part that's "gross"? But never got a hint of that. When
Spoiler for anime spoiler:

Also, it seemed that Claymores used to look different before the "Claymore-ization" process, their hair even their faces. Maybe that's why they're all very similar looking beauties? That their face was really created by the sleezy men who created them?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 06:27   Link #91
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Question: We've seen multiple Claymores (near) naked a number of times in anime and manga... Has their "disfigurement" ever been shown? It seemed that their breast is the only part that's "gross"
It seems that Teresa is a special case. The rest look fine, other than the common scars and bruises [which don't appear on their bodies, either. Lazy Yagi-sama >_>].

Quote:
Also, it seemed that Claymores used to look different before the "Claymore-ization" process, their hair even their faces. Maybe that's why they're all very similar looking beauties? That their face was really created by the sleezy men who created them?
Uh, no. Clare's face looks very similar to how it looked when she was younger, and the Claymores all have different facial traits - a good example would be The Slashers splash page in volume 6: http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/215...5147971_rs.jpg

Claymores still have different hair styles. Some of them just cut it. Most of them have the same [lack of] facial expression, is all. Can't really blame them.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:12   Link #92
cheese4u
da big boss

I have a quick question, I just started watching Claymore about two weeks ago. I finished the anime about a week ago and I finished the manga yesterday. As I was reading I noticed that Yagi does about 30 pages per chapter, instead of the usual 18 that other mangaka's do. So I was just wondering does Claymore come out every week just like other manga's, or because of the additional pages does it come out every two weeks or so?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:42   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It comes out every month.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:21   Link #94
Rurik
Golden

I haven't seen any banner here in the board, but, is the Manga Licensed?
Old 2007-07-16, 22:43   Link #95
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I haven't seen any banner here in the board, but, is the Manga Licensed?
Yes. Discuss it here: Claymore Manga - Viz's English Version

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 14:48   Link #96
Azure King
Snr Spammer

does elf ears comes before or after the "Claymore-ization"?
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 14:50   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
I would say on my behalf "after".
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 16:47   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
Since no non-Claymores have ever been seen with elf ears, then it is safe to say that they are a side effect of the process. If you ever see a full-human with elf ears then it would mean otherwise.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:05   Link #99
yuchan

I have a manga question
Spoiler:
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 14:06   Link #100
HinaThePrince

When was it said it's a different color? It looks white to me.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a