Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-17, 22:57   Link #21
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
take a look at this show.. I'm thinking you might enjoy this a little more.. its kind of random though..

Kaichō wa Maid-sama!: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=11037

and TLOTLH ... hmm The Legend of the Legendary Heroes gets much better.. I felt the same way after watching the first episode.. I stopped watching it and picked it back up out of having no other options.. and i'm really happy that I did..

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-18, 03:18   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There's also the theatrical version of Eve no Jikan...
I must second this, though if you haven't seen it yet, should check out the six episode OVA series first. I say this because the film adds many more layers to the story, and are best experienced after you already know the story set-up. Plus the series can be viewed for free over on Crunchyroll.

& i don't think SeijiSensei will enjoy Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Kimi ni Todoke is different though, which i'd also second.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-09-18 at 03:30.
Old 2010-09-18, 10:02   Link #23
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
@Shiroth
I've tried three times to watch H&C without much success. I "watched" the first episode of Katanagatari and fell asleep. Maybe I should try again when I'm more awake. I've been waiting for the subs to be completed.

Casshern Sins seems to get a lot of positive reviews. I might give that a try.
Hmm, I also thought H&C & H&C II might interest you, isn't it's humour similar to that in 'Summer Wars'? (which I liked much more than TwKS btw).
As for Katanagatari, your impression was absolutely right, it is terribly boring and terribly trivial too IMO (I have seen all subbed episodes so far).

Last edited by signorRossi; 2010-09-18 at 14:33. Reason: my English is getting worse and worse, need some serious training this winter it seems
Old 2010-09-18, 12:28   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

First episode of Katanagatari may be a bit on the slow moving side, though ever episode since then has been anything but that, with some of the best character interaction i've seen for a good while now.
Old 2010-09-18, 14:41   Link #25
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
First episode of Katanagatari may be a bit on the slow moving side, though ever episode since then has been anything but that, with some of the best character interaction i've seen for a good while now.
It is obvious that I am not a great fan of this sort of show , but I must say that I enjoyed Spice &Wolf I & II, which is also dialogue driven, much, much more; it got excellent episodes from time to time, the story of 'Katanagatari' IMO has not built up any depth so far.

EDIT:
@SejiSensei
Stay away from 'Book of Bantorra', that show is just so...awful. Reminds me of 'Glass Fleet' somehow.

I can second 'Michiko to Hatchin', just keep in mind that some episodes are a complete miss, others on the other hand are top notch. Overall a top show with a good and fitting ending.

Last edited by signorRossi; 2010-09-18 at 15:06.
Old 2010-09-18, 14:58   Link #26
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
hmm.. cant believe this has not been recommended yet.. Hakuōki: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=11286

the second season is coming out soon!.. But i believe most of the char.. in this are older than 20 maybe not the girl but most of the guys are.. I think..

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-18, 21:08   Link #27
qwertyuiopz

ghost hound
toshokan sensou
true tears
maybe natsume yuujinchou

Last edited by qwertyuiopz; 2010-09-18 at 21:18.
Old 2010-09-19, 04:47   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Stay away from 'Book of Bantorra', that show is just so...awful. Reminds me of 'Glass Fleet' somehow.
& i'd recommend SejiSensei Book of Bantorra. Going by his tastes, he'll enjoy it quite a bit. Especially the mature appeal of the series.
Old 2010-09-19, 11:06   Link #29
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i'd recommend SejiSensei Book of Bantorra. Going by his tastes, he'll enjoy it quite a bit. Especially the mature appeal of the series.
, seems he really has to watch it to see who of us has made the right assumptions.
I have a hunch that he will find it interesting at first, but be disappointed how the story progresses after the death of a certain interesting character.
BTW, what do you think about Michiko to Hatchin?
Old 2010-09-19, 11:45   Link #30
4Tran

Quote:
I started watching anime seriously in 2006-2007 and was entranced by the large number of high-quality shows that could appeal to someone as old as me. They didn't need to include adults, necessarily; Dennou Coil and Kemono no Sou-ja Erin are excellent examples of shows for and about kids that held my attention as a adult throughout.
I think that 2009-2010 has been a little lean in the way of really good shows, but there are a few that I can recommend wholeheartedly:

Spice and Wolf - If you haven't already watched this, then it's an obvious choice. Holo shares a lot of similarity to the characters you have in your signature, and she's an easy favorite. Most of the appeal of this show centers around her interplay with Lawrence - it's one of the more fun interactions of the last year. There's even a wonderfully whistful ED theme (with horrible Engrish) to go with it.

Taishou Yakyuu Musume - This is a baseball-themed comedy based in 1925 Japan. While some people may consider it to be a moe show, I think that the main appeal lies in the interaction between the characters, the fact that the comedy is funny without relying on anime tropes, and the way the setting is infused into the show. By the latter, I'm referring to the way the setting introduces challenges (girls not supposed to play baseball is a biggie) and sets the mood for the characters. It's one of those shows that are designed for teenagers, but works better for adults.

Maria-sama ga Miteru - I'm cheating a bit since it originally came out in 2004, but the last installment was released in 2009. The appeal of Marimite is largely in the wonderful expressed characters and the way they interact with one another. The pace of the show takes some time to get used to, so it's best to give it a couple of episodes. Don't worry if you end up hating Sachiko at first - that's not very uncommon. The real joy is in seeing how Yumi grows over the course of the series.

Quote:
I think I'll give FMA:Brotherhood, Casshern Sins, and Katanagatari a try. This fall doesn't look too promising to me either. I'll watch Kuragehime because it's Noitamina and from Brains-Base, and I'll probably watch an episode or two of Panty&Stocking because it's GAINAX and, well, because it's called Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt! Beyond that I don't see much on my anime horizon in the weeks ahead.
Casshern is a very depressing and bleak action show. The first episode is very much like what you're going to get for the first few shows, and I can't say that the dialogue is very appealing. However, a lot of people seem to like it, so it might work for you.

I'm also watching the Book of Bantorra right now, and while it's pretty decent, it is still very much an action show. The character interplay is quite decent at times, but I get the feeling that the setting is a bit on the remote side to relate to. Having said that, there are some pretty high quality scenes in the show.
Old 2010-09-19, 12:04   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You know, Seiji, the first adult anime that comes to my mind are High School Of The Dead and Princess Lover.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-19, 12:44   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Could I interest you giving Canaan another chance? I wouldn't say it's brilliant but I do think it becomes less generic as you go along. I will also second Senko no Night Raid. I thought the edning was a little disappoiting tbh but I still thought it was interesting. It involves politics before the second Sino-Japanese war.
Old 2010-09-25, 03:58   Link #33
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
the last good animes that came out where mushisi ghost hound and seirei no moribito...so no i cant help you...
Old 2011-07-19, 05:32   Link #34
sangofe

I really enjoyed Himitsu: The Revelation... true, it can be slow at times, but overall it's a great little series.
Closed Thread

Tags
2009-2010, adults