AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 19:34   Link #961
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah too bad then...
One of the most interesting shows from last season...

Well, i guess DVD/BD Sales really is not satisfying to made it into 2nd season / movie...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 23:58   Link #962
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
This just in some bad news regarding Kamisama Dolls... considering this was my first choice in summer season. Hell of a shame considering the circumstance.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...till-undecided
That's good news, actually, I feel. I RARELY, ever even hear news about people talking about thinking about a 2nd season, and in such short time after the anime ended, when there wasn't any instant announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
And people doubting the BD/DVDs sales report
That should be number one guide for everyone to know there is sequel or not.
Various anime like CODE-E and KoreZombie say hi.
And anyways, even if they wanted to animate a 2nd season, the biggest problem isn't the sales of the DVD, but the fact there is no stock left from the manga. Nearly 80% of the manga was used up and they aren't in a position (in the story) to go back and randomly use chapters they avoided using.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 00:37   Link #963
Kyuu
=^^=

This series was somewhat... mediocre anyways. So, if a season 2 never comes up, then that's not very surprising. I mean, the premise was promising; but the execution of it... eh... it was lackluster.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 00:54   Link #964
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And that's an opinion a great many posters around here disagree with. I hardly think quality is the problem. It comes down to money and source material, period.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 03:30   Link #965
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

How exactly Kamidoll execution is bad btw?
The execution is very neat and its even more delicious with fast pacing complement it, every episode just very fun to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Various anime like CODE-E and KoreZombie say hi.
What about Korezom? The BD/DVDs average sales isn't that bad (around 2000-3000) and with high price tag per volume.
Kamidoll is way below that, and noticeably need more budget than Korezom. You reaching?

Anyway let hope Brain Base willing to fund season 2 with Yuujinchou's money.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-10-20 at 09:34.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 07:46   Link #966
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
This series was somewhat... mediocre anyways. So, if a season 2 never comes up, then that's not very surprising. I mean, the premise was promising; but the execution of it... eh... it was lackluster.
I can probably think of 10 different anime that got 2nd season despite how sloppy and shoddy the execution is. Different strokes for different people, I suppose. Probably you think it was lackluster because how it handled balancing the humour and tension in each episodes. True it got funny or silly then jumping into mayhem and tension the next and it never bothered me.

I'm having my fingers crossed they will make 2nd season because they seem to already have script planned but not sure if they are ready.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 09:44   Link #967
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
What about Korezom? The BD/DVDs average sales isn't that bad (around 2000-3000) and with high price tag per volume.
Kamidoll is way below that, and noticeably need more budget than Korezom. You reaching?
Depends on whether you consider 2000-3000 bad and whether you consider 1000-2000 "way below" it (by the BD/DVD scale). I think differently.
As for budget... Not seeing this "noticeable" need you are stating.

Reaching?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-10-20, 10:02   Link #968
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Depends on whether you consider 2000-3000 bad and whether you consider 1000-2000 "way below" it (by the BD/DVD scale). I think differently.
As for budget... Not seeing this "noticeable" need you are stating.

Reaching?
Yes dude its way below... And Korezom might be barely gain profit anyway with that result, and we're already hear the sequel confirmation as soon the series finished, its could be they planning to split the cour from the start.

Bleh whatever, I'm really hope there is one more season. the part they're teasing in the end need to be realized.

I can wait for the manga for the rest :|

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-10-20 at 10:10. Reason: For safety..
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 10:03   Link #969
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^
Careful with the manga spoilers...

Old 2011-10-20, 10:06   Link #970
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
^
Careful with the manga spoilers...
I'm don't read the manga yet, that's thought from the finale, they're the one that spoil the bean with that friggin teaser in the end.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:09   Link #971
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I'm don't read the manga yet, that's thought from the finale, they're the one that spoil the bean.
I don't think you would know the name of Amaterasu's opponent unless you knew some part of the manga though...? Even if Amaterasu was revealed, that part wasn't.

Old 2011-10-20, 10:18   Link #972
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
I don't think you would know the name of Amaterasu's opponent unless you knew some part of the manga though...? Even if Amaterasu was revealed, that part wasn't.
Just wild guess looking a little bit change in Kukuri.

You don't see the teaser in the end or what? Just edited the post anyway for safety.

Talk about the manga, I'm lucky there is publisher that release it in my country, so its gonna help me if the anime gonna stuck in here forever.
Old 2011-10-20, 15:27   Link #973
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
And anyways, even if they wanted to animate a 2nd season, the biggest problem isn't the sales of the DVD, but the fact there is no stock left from the manga. Nearly 80% of the manga was used up and they aren't in a position (in the story) to go back and randomly use chapters they avoided using.
The obvious solution would be to finish the story with a series of OVA's or a movie then. There's no need for a standard anime season if there's not enough source material left to fill in one, but they should at least wrap everything up. Honestly, it's one of the best shows this year, even if it's really under rated.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:36   Link #974
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The obvious solution would be to finish the story with a series of OVA's or a movie then. There's no need for a standard anime season if there's not enough source material left to fill in one, but they should at least wrap everything up. Honestly, it's one of the best shows this year, even if it's really under rated.
Rather than that, though, if there was any hope for a second season in a year or two I'd rather see them save up every scrap of unedited manga they can rather than spend it on an OVA.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:48   Link #975
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm more interested in:

Is this the last we see of Mahiru?
Is this the last we see of Mahiru in an important role?
Will she still be a seki?
Will she get Magatsuhi back?

A simple yes or no in a spoiler is enough :3 Also 4x no will make me incredibly sad.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 03:26   Link #976
Cyblaster
Lurker

Answering your questions
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cyblaster; 2011-12-02 at 03:27. Reason: wrong thread, I thought this was the manga one so I had spoilers
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 19:38   Link #977
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I can probably think of 10 different anime that got 2nd season despite how sloppy and shoddy the execution is. Different strokes for different people, I suppose. Probably you think it was lackluster because how it handled balancing the humour and tension in each episodes. True it got funny or silly then jumping into mayhem and tension the next and it never bothered me.
Nothing about the series really jumped out at me. The series itself felt rather ordinary, despite the extraordinary conditions in the story.

Y'got a town with these super-beings for centuries; and no one outside of the town knows about it? C'mon. It was hard for the series to sell me the idea -- that this town as so isolated, no one outside of the town knew about its "business". Then you throw in the idea that people do have the ability to move in and out of that town.

On top of that, you have the characters executing doll battles out in the open public. Suddenly, the "secrecy" associated with that isolated town is... compromised. Once that happened, the whole series was falling apart.

If a second season does happen, I won't be expecting much out of it.

Yes. Yes. It's "anime". And "anime" itself is full of things... that don't make sense. So, don't even start here. Point is: inconsistency. Story tends to fail when it starts with an idea (secret town and one member leaves); and it goes all over the place (others follow, public revealing of secret).

Nevertheless, I did complete this series - rather than dropping it. So, the "inconsistency" was at least not irritating.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 05:44   Link #978
mols

Well, towns can be quite isolated in mountainous regions, etc. And the secrecy is not really associated with the town itself, but rather with the town inhabitants. They keep it a secret. Because as we have seen in the series, it is not unusual for people to leave the town, and yet they never ever speak of the dolls. Think of it like a very secretive sect, it does not matter if the town is accessible or not, if nobody reveals the existence of the few dolls, then nobody outside the sect will know about them.

And this is more important than hiding the town, because it does not matter how you look at it, such a town still needs outside resources to survive, and probably has needed some kind of trade for a couple of centuries.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 10:03   Link #979
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Y'got a town with these super-beings for centuries; and no one outside of the town knows about it? C'mon. It was hard for the series to sell me the idea -- that this town as so isolated, no one outside of the town knew about its "business". Then you throw in the idea that people do have the ability to move in and out of that town.
I guess something in this anime are generic and the premise sort of fell apart when the mecha robots are easily exposed and various people from supposedly isolated town are coming by the flocks, to me that wasn't such a deal breaker for me as all the characters for the first time were somewhat likable for me. It's very rare for me to like ALL the characters in an anime. I thought the plots still had a tons of mysterious atmosphere like it was hiding a bigger story behind the town. That's what makes me like the series. I think this anime knows it's not trying to be ambitious, so it tries to appeal to the right demographic by adding all those silly elements in the end really costing the pace and the consistency of the show.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 04:52   Link #980
Rei.K

So, thread seems a bit dead. I guess everybody moved the manga's, as that's likely where the future of the series lies now :/

There's probably not going to be a 2nd season. What a waste, this show really had potential. Not taking into account the poor DVD sales (2nd season would have still been possible regardless IMO), I think it's a shame they rushed an anime adaptation so quick there's definitely not enough material for a faithful continuation (I'm part of those who don't believe in original endings). I mean, this should have been obvious from the start. This is such a band trend lately... how many series got ruined in their anime counterpart due to lack of original material ?

Also, what did everybody think of the BD specials ?
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen