AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 09:24   Link #19121
Eratas123

Akatsubaki and Byaku-shiki lost to the Gospel in canon. Tabane didn't seem to particularly mind that much.

@ Stratos - Good luck
Old 2012-01-22, 09:29   Link #19122
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Yeah, if she expected Houki to get injured, she will be less shocked and more like tranquil anger. If she doesn't expect it however, she'll snap.

Side note - can you classify the propulsion of ByakuShiki first shift? Seriously, that made me nuts. I have the idea for Second shift version and other I.S. as well, but this one is plain mean.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:29   Link #19123
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Uh... sorry my wording was off. What's the difference if Tabane expected Akatsubaki to lose or not? If Akatsubaki lost and Houki got injured, how would it affect her?

EDIT: @zero: mostly it seems to rely on its anti-grav but for general acceleration I can only assume it runs on standard jet propulsion or ion boosters as per standard sci-fi. (Remember that ignition boost in anime has that NO2 injection sound )
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 09:38   Link #19124
Eratas123

How would it affect her? not much unless Houki gets permanently injured. You realize that she sent Houki and Ichika there knowing full well they probably wouldn't beat it. her and Ichika having that romantic moment at the end was probably her real plan, and the Gospel losing/winning was pointless to her.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:43   Link #19125
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure, my memory of that part is hazy because I was just begging for it to end as quickly as possible O.o
Old 2012-01-22, 09:44   Link #19126
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

You have a point, I tend to forgot Tabane made Gospel rampage for Akatsubaki's debut, but more than that, is for the sake of shipping Ichika and Houki.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:45   Link #19127
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be considered overpowered if an IS could actively control its absolute defense?
Old 2012-01-22, 09:46   Link #19128
Eratas123

If she really cared about stopping it, she would've sent others or hack it again. She's just a selfish person who does things to get what she wants. Sorry for the blunt words, but you know it's true.

@ Demi - Considering that activating it means stopping all functions and putting the pilot to sleep? It sounds like a flaw more than a good thing.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:46   Link #19129
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Defines "actively control", please?
Old 2012-01-22, 09:48   Link #19130
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what if it left no lasting injury on Houki but it nearly killed her?

EDIT: turn on and off at will, at localized parts as well as strength of absolute defense.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:51   Link #19131
Eratas123

She can't be killed. Tabane would just hack it if it tried to and kill it. Also, Absolute Defense would protect her.

Side note - Yes, that's a bit imbalanced. You're getting all the strength and none of the flaws.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:52   Link #19132
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno about that, since by default Absolute Defense is exactly at it says on the label: Last line of defense. If it broke when the power is reduced, then it's game over.

EDIT: oh, and it's energy hogging for a good reason, a downgraded Absolute defense IS normal energy barrier.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:53   Link #19133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Then Tabane is actively booted out by the system no matter how many times she tries. Absolute Defense is the only reason Houki would still be alive since the pseudoshift grants yukihira strength ranged weapon that hits Houki.

it's the ability of the next pseudo shift.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:54   Link #19134
Eratas123

Why does everybody assume the Gospel wants to kill the pilots? When Ichika got downed, it didn't kill him and just stood in place there when Houki ran away. It's probably just defending itself from it's POV.

@ Demi - She still wouldn't care that much. She probably thinks one of her other IS could solve it. Pride seems to be her major flaw.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:55   Link #19135
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Question: Is Ignis' first chapter good enough to keep Or should I make a new chapter for the new male lead?
Old 2012-01-22, 09:56   Link #19136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: It's not that gospel actively tries to kill them. Remember in my idea that the gospel is just trying to protect itself. It wasn't fully aware of its own destructive capabilities(5 year old mentally) after achieving pseudo shift D. It just shot normally at Houki.
Old 2012-01-22, 09:57   Link #19137
Eratas123

@ Treme - Seems good enough. Just don't have the entire story revolve around him and you'll be fine.

@ Demi - Yeah, and Absolute Defense would protect her. AD is named Absolute for a reason. Nothing can break through it and it even heals the pilot.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:00   Link #19138
agetreme
Just another Idiot

yay Time saving! I will modify it a bit and the new Male lead would has his first chapter and I can straight away work on his second chapter.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:00   Link #19139
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

Correction, as we discussed pages ago, it's the reason Ichika injured... the Absolute Defense BREAKS.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:03   Link #19140
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I assumed that the breaking is temproary and that it only does so when it realizes the pilot isn't in critical danger. All things considered, he should've been roast beef after the Gospel hit him/

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest