AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 20:17   Link #481
Diveman

am I the only one who's still watching this? Anyways, about this week's episode I gotta say just 1 thing:

Spoiler for ep 23:

now on the the real summary:

Spoiler for this time for real:
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 06:07   Link #482
Rima-Chan
lurker

Episode 22 was pretty nice, I think. But the impression Klondike's character left is one big minus. Boring villain. Herbert would be more interesting >,> Funny how you start missing bastard now that he's gone- Before he was petty villain with "blah" reason with ridiculous hiss fits, but now I even consider him better final boss then actual final boss xD
Spoiler for And that's whyyy~:
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:30   Link #483
mayumi

nonoha was in the new episode for lot of time. what i had hoped for her to get some focus. but it is already the end and only one episode remains

not sure about freecell's weird reaction to nonoha. i am sure everything would end well but it would have much better to see nonoha get a episode where she actually got the ring on her hand and had to fight kaito or something. yes, very cliche but it would have been more fun that some of the episodes we have had in part 2 of phi brain.

can't wait for the finale. i do feel bad for freecell but i am sure everything will end on a good note.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:43   Link #484
Diveman

So next week is the end uh? I don't know if they are going to continue the series, but I would like them to take a break and continue some time after.

They also need to explain more things that might or might not be explained at the end. They need to save Jin too, and probably Whist will do something as well.
Old 2012-09-20, 08:06   Link #485
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Nonoha hair down !
FINALLY !
Old 2012-09-23, 05:46   Link #486
marconii2002

Third season was announced http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11980.html
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 05:48   Link #487
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
I just came to report that!!

Due to various reasons I had to neglect this forum (I was watching Phi Brain every week, though xD) but when I read the tweet I was all AAWW YEAH! EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS! xD;; Thanks NHK!

I'm looking forward to the last ep of S2...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 06:05   Link #488
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
... and then in the third season we find out there was yet another guy Kaito stood up on that fateful day.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 06:11   Link #489
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
... and then in the third season we find out there was yet another guy Kaito stood up on that fateful day.
A guy with white hair and a tendency to go yandere...
Old 2012-09-23, 06:24   Link #490
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh man ...
Nonoha hair down !
FINALLY !
I've had phi brain on hold but after reading this,could be time for me to start catching up !

And 3rd season?Didn't see it coming,thanks nhk!
Old 2012-09-23, 08:11   Link #491
LKK

I hope season 3 explores Nonoha more. She seemed so neglected in season 2 that I drifted away and haven't watched much of it. My second hope is for a romantic intensification between Kaito and her.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 09:40   Link #492
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I hope that S3 final villain will be female. Tired of the males Kaito beats down. More Ana for me too.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:04   Link #493
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I hope that S3 final villain will be female. Tired of the males Kaito beats down. More Ana for me too.
Only if they make him less retarded. I don't mind the whole hippie thing he seems to have going on, but at least make him a bit more mature.

Other things I'd like to see:
- More character development for Nonoha. She seemed to have been demoted to the status of buttmonkey in S2. She has photographic memory and great athletic skills, surely that can be used for something.
- I'd like at least some two-way romance. S1 teased us with Kaito understanding Nonoha's feelings for him, but S2 never did anything with it.
- Please no more white-haired pretty boys that are gay for Kaito. Indeed, make the Big Bad a girl, instead. His POG/OO harem is starting to consist of way too many boys.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:08   Link #494
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Only if they make him less retarded. I don't mind the whole hippie thing he seems to have going on, but at least make him a bit more mature.

Other things I'd like to see:
- More character development for Nonoha. She seemed to have been demoted to the status of buttmonkey in S2. She has photographic memory and great athletic skills, surely that can be used for something.
- I'd like at least some two-way romance. S1 teased us with Kaito understanding Nonoha's feelings for him, but S2 never did anything with it.
- Please no more white-haired pretty boys that are gay for Kaito. Indeed, make the Big Bad a girl, instead. His POG/OO harem is starting to consist of way too many boys.
I can agree with the Ana point, when he gets serious like in that tag match against Doubt and Mizerka he was really something. I would like to see more of that from him.

Didn't realize the amount of guys with Kaito right now, they overwhelm you before you know it. We need some more female blood in this series.
Old 2012-09-23, 14:09   Link #495
kuromitsu

I just watched the last ep and it was so worth the wait!

Spoiler for for ep 25:

Oh, and I agree with those who say we need more character development for Nonoha, and I'd say the entire core harem needs more attention. (Except probably Cubic, he did have some great moments in this season.) But especially Nonoha - she's the heroine, treat her as one! >o<) Whoever will write S3 I hope they'll have a good grasp on, and interest in, group dynamics and inter-harem relationships. ^^;;

And while it was funny to have two white haired pretty boys being obsessed with Kaito as the big bads for S1 and S2, I hope they'll stop at two and not add a third one... If they must have a Kaito-obsessed guy as the main villain at least give him black hair or something. But I'd like to see a villain who is not obsessed with Kaito, or at least obsessed in a different way.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-09-23 at 14:22.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:41   Link #496
mayumi

i just knew they were going to do season 3. just please give nonoha some screentime in the new season. who am i kidding incoming new dude obsessed with kaito for breaking his promise.

it would be better for nonoha to turn ebil cause kaito broker his promise instead. :P i mean slip on the ring and let her use her memory powers and physical abilities. how can you not see the potential brain fuck kaito would have with that? all she does is keep reminding kaito of his promise. let it break and start the drama.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-09-23 at 17:13.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:11   Link #497
kuromitsu

^ Seriously, in both S1 and S2 I expected the villains to try to turn Nonoha against Kaito, because it was such a very obvious thing to do, and neither Rook nor Freecell did it. In S1 it was refreshing that they avoided such an obvious plot twist, but in S2 it kind of felt like a missed opportunity...

And if the next villain is also a guy obsessed with Kaito I demand a finale with Rook, Freecell and the new guy having an epic showdown to decide who gets to "do puzzle" with Kaito. XD
Old 2012-09-23, 17:17   Link #498
mayumi

^ i get the feeling they might have had something like that in mind beginning of the season. i think in the first episode hints were dropped with nonoha warning kaito to not break her promise and again in the last episode she brought it up. i hope there is ome drama next season cause it is a potential they have to explore. kaito can't be doing puzzles without some drama or other. i also would like more backstory of little kaito and nonoha moments. maybe see nonoha's parents.
Old 2012-09-24, 03:46   Link #499
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Okay, let me start with making one thing clear: I did enjoy the second season, but I do think that the whole 'promise' thing dragged on way too long, and that it was a ridiculous setup from the start.

I also didn't like how some of the main characters (and Nonoha in particular) got so little screentime, or even development. Like I said elsewhere, Nonoha has some fine talents of her own, but she kept being treated like the show's comic relief and I guess that hindered me from enjoying this as much as I probably should have.

Anyway, once again, Kaito was saved from his trance by Nonoha, but again, nothing will come from it. No confession that he actually likes her, no kiss, nothing. Heck, I'd settle for a mere hug every now and then. Be a man and give the girl some love, Kaito, she deserves it.

And someone give Cubic a girl. A young fellow like him could use some female companionship of his own. Oh, and please make Ana more mature, as he started getting on my nerves for a long time.

I wonder if we'll see more of Whist in the next season. He didn't take Freecell's rejection very well and it seems like he's up for a little revenge. And we haven't seen what happened to Klondike and Melancholy after they got defeated by Freecell, so maybe the Orpheus Order isn't completely dissolved just yet.

Finally, this show needs more girls, to balance out the many guys in Kaito's harem.
Old 2012-09-24, 08:43   Link #500
Diveman

oh yeah what happened to Whist? he looked really mad back there but that's it.

I'm glad that they are doing a 3rd season but taking a break first, that SHOULD be good as they now have more time to think about the plot, new chars and overall development of the series.

We still don't know many things, like why Nonoha was in that vision of the future or what happened to Jin, also Melancholy where are you!!!?? ;__; I'll miss my yandere magician-loli...you were annoying but cute at the same time.

EDIT: also shoutouts to Bishop for only getting lines like "Rook-sama" during pretty much the last episodes he appeared in...seriously give the guy some other lines

EDIT: AAAALSO, this is prob one of my fav moments in the series