AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 24.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 23.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.19%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-09, 18:03   Link #121
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
I knew it

i knew it since they killed eastin, they're going to kill someone else in this espisode, and someone else is going die in next eps... it is mai hime killing spree all over again T_T
Old 2006-02-09, 18:09   Link #122
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What I wonder is why did Nina forgive Sergey that easily?

Or maybe she thinks that Arika bewitched her father?
Because she didn't blame Sergay for what happened? From the last episode, she seemed to have blamed everything on Arika showing up and ruining her relationship with her oto-sama. So now that she was gone, I guess she thinks that "things may return to normal".
Old 2006-02-09, 18:17   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Because she didn't blame Sergay for what happened? From the last episode, she seemed to have blamed everything on Arika showing up and ruining her relationship with her oto-sama. So now that she was gone, I guess she thinks that "things may return to normal".
When she is with Nagi, she is in her meirster robe but with Sergay, she in her coral uniform. She seperating herslef into two different person. Dark Nina, meister of Artai and Nina, the coral, daughter of Sergay. And she has one hell of a boxcutter.
Old 2006-02-09, 18:23   Link #124
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

brightman pretty much summed that one up.

Off-topic, Cyz, I love your avatar and signature pics, where are they from?

Back on topic.

I agree with Mentar on the music having an impact on Aoi's scene. I can't wait for OST2 now, that was a superb piece of music.

I wonder what the North Hound is gonna do now that he's under house arrest. Well he'll certainly escape... somehow... maybe via Mai?

The possibilities

Mashiro sure got the brunt of the shit hitting the fan I tell ya, that's gonna be some lifestyle shock, going from pampered princess to dune wanderer. And now she's got to deal with the burden of Aoi's sacrifice. So this time around Akane gets off easy but they lay it down on Aoi instead. She didn't have it that easy in HiME either.

Nina felt unnaturally animated/genki this episode which made me chuckle but also frown. Nina's world got turned upside-down and she's trying to deal with it. I think her world's gonna get inverted a couple more times before this is through, this is just the beginning

Sergay's sinking into "Tate's Self Loathing and Helplessness Syndrome." Well, he tried to do the right thing but ended up bringing misfortune onto himself and the two girls he cared about. He better get out of that slump soon.
Old 2006-02-09, 18:30   Link #125
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma

Sergay's sinking into "Tate's Self Loathing and Helplessness Syndrome." Well, he tried to do the right thing but ended up bringing misfortune onto himself and the two girls he cared about. He better get out of that slump soon.
He better. Think what will happen if Mai finds him being waited hand and foot with breakfast in bed by a 15 year old girl who calls him daddy
Old 2006-02-09, 18:49   Link #126
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Why was Yamada, Sergey's informant and mailman, with Juliet and Natsuki?

Wishful hope that he's not selling their location to Schwarz or someone else.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:00   Link #127
Nekocia
The Soup Chef

Spoiler:

The episode was very good to me.
The expressions of Natsuki face were priceless

Miss Maria said that Natsuki is impulsive. And seeing this episode it seems true. I know that in MH she was impulsive, but in MO she is more like a calm person.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-09, 19:05   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekocia
Spoiler:

Miss Maria said that Natsuki is impulsive. And seeing this episode it seems true. I know that in MH she was impulsive, but in MO she is more like a calm person.

Spoiler:
But then they will have to deal with Mikoto even if they open it.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:06   Link #129
Nekocia
The Soup Chef

Maybe they want to neutralize her with all the equipment?
Old 2006-02-09, 19:09   Link #130
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Do they need the songs or the people that sing the songs? Just curious.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:11   Link #131
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nagi won't allow Schwarz to have their way first.

Nagi likely schemed in secret an elaborate plan to pawn Schwarz out by the time their invasion of Windbloom took effect. He's just waiting for the right time, after Schwarz loses its interest and utility for him.

Smith should know better now, given his shocked face that Nagi is holder of the Ultimate Black Diamond and watch for Nagi's every movements.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:37   Link #132
rale

Did anyone catch what exactly Miyu said when she identified herself to Natsuki?

From what I could make out, she says something like shes 'Multiple Intelligential Yggdrasil Unit' (the same acronym/definition as from mai-hime), and was called Miyu before by the one she loved - all while looking at Alyssa (the bird).

If I didn't misunderstand, then it sure seems like they're trying to imply that she really is the same Miyu as from mai-hime.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:51   Link #133
Bloody

Spoiler:

WHY ... OHH WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO YOU AOI?? IM SO DISSAPOINTED

and I think Chie will have a good role here in next episode

sorry guys ... i thought Mikoto will be there XD (in human form)
Old 2006-02-09, 19:54   Link #134
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale

From what I could make out, she says something like shes 'Multiple Intelligential Yggdrasil Unit' (the same acronym/definition as from mai-hime), and was called Miyu before by the one she loved - all while looking at Alyssa (the bird).

If I didn't misunderstand, then it sure seems like they're trying to imply that she really is the same Miyu as from mai-hime.
No your not mistaken. A friend of mine who saw the Raw mentioned the same thing.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:55   Link #135
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale

Yes apparently she does, acccording to Omni's summary and I doubt he would lie.

Great...does that mean we'll see OL?

The chances of a reset have now been increased 10x.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:56   Link #136
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody
Spoiler:

WHY ... OHH WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO YOU AOI?? IM SO DISSAPOINTED

and I think Chie will have a good role here in next episode

sorry guys ... i thought Mikoto will be there XD (in human form)
What's that puffy white thing? Chie and Tomoe also looks kind of mad there. There's maki maki Shiho bowl. And finally to see Mikoto look more crazier than before.

I noticed that Natsuki and Nao are getting along well. In Mai-Hime, remember all those times that they have fought back then?
Old 2006-02-09, 19:56   Link #137
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
It is mai hime killing spree all over again T_T
I wouldn't go that far yet. The character deaths in MO seem a lot more believable to me, in that they're set up a lot better. They come out of the context of the story, and they turn the story in new directions.

The first couple of green-sparkles in MH did that too, but once it became obvious that all the HiME pillers were going to go up and all the HiMEs were going to lose their most precious people, the deaths stopped having any meaning. I think Haruka was the tipping point for me, where I just kind of tuned out and waited for the inevitable reset.

The other difference is that the "festival" in MH really came out of nowhere, and never made much sense to me. It was just kind of this arbitrary game someone made up. The motivations behind why all the various factions in MO are doing what they're doing have been a lot more reasonable and established a lot better.

Now, if everyone starts going green-sparkles for no apparent reason, I'll get onboard the "MH all over again" bus. But I don't think we've reached that point yet.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:58   Link #138
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Yes apparently she does, acccording to Omni's summary and I doubt he would lie.
So is Arika now the succesor to Alyessa Wondering when Miyu spill it all out, can't wait for that And about Arika's true power, what would her child look like
Old 2006-02-09, 19:59   Link #139
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
So, this means if everything comes back to life, like all of the HiME's and their precious persons, because they disappeared from green flashes, would this mean IF:

Erstin comes back while Aoi doesn't? That's IF they revive all the people with the green sparckles, looks like it.
Old 2006-02-09, 20:02   Link #140
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
So is Arika now the succesor to Alyessa Wondering when Miyu spill it all out, can't wait for that And about Arika's true power, what would her child look like
And then at the season finale after all hell breaks loose everyone wakes up and we find out that they've been playing a virtual reality game in the Mai Hime series Oh I can see it now, Bandai going up in flames with the valkyerie song playing in the back.

Though Alyssa wasn't exactly that powerful anyways...I mean her only power is the shining golden light which flashes people and such...does that mean Arika is gonna summon big gigantic satellite cannon?

Though I believe according to Smith the true power is in the robe and has nothing to do with Arika's golden hair but I could be wrong.
Closed Thread