Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-23, 19:44   Link #1
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

anime thats kina like C.S.I ?

well I'm looking for sumthing like CSI u know the tv show,if u don't I'm not explaining ><
the only thing relatively clost to that imho is higurashi the 2dn season so if u know what I'm talking about help me out plz

-thx

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.

Last edited by silverwolf; 2007-12-26 at 18:37.
Old 2007-12-23, 19:55   Link #2
changeup

Maybe Kindaichi series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
well I'm looking for sumthing like CSI u know the tv show,if u don't I'm not explaining ><
the only thing relatively clost to that imho is higurashi the 2dn session so if u know what I'm talking about help me out plz

-thx
Old 2007-12-23, 20:01   Link #3
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex.
Old 2007-12-23, 20:26   Link #4
Kisuke06
I see...

If you want a show with cops, detectives and a complex storyline(well, not exactly complex but I think you know what I mean)your show is Death Note.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:48   Link #5
Freeze

Ghost in the shell stand alone complex, and 2nd GIG is pretty much what your looking for since its kind of episodic but still has a very good plot. Monster and Death Note are pretty good. Id also recommend maybe Cowboy Bebop,Darker Than Black, and Gun X Sword.
Old 2007-12-23, 23:23   Link #6
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Detective Conan! Probably the only anime that I know with more episodes then one piece, and it's still running!
If you're not familiar with the name, the U.S name "case closed" might ring a bell.
It's pretty much focused on solving mysterious murders.
Old 2007-12-24, 00:33   Link #7
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
the only thing relatively clost to that imho is higurashi the 2dn session so if u know what I'm talking about help me out plz

-thx
You lost me with the Higurashi comparison. At one point I used to watch quite a bit of CSI, and I'm currently watching Higurashi. I can't find much of a comparison.

I concur with GIS recommendations though. Most detective anime stories tend to not deal with mature subjects that CSI deals with. So animes similar to CSI are pretty rare.
Old 2007-12-24, 00:41   Link #8
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Detective Academy Q complex cases with a bit of humor about a detective school and 5 talented detective kids

Death Note Good storyline which uses different kinds of deductions about an apocalyptic notebook

Monster nuff' said. watch this

Detective Conan while the lead character may make you think that this is a show for kids, the cases are complex enough to stir your mind
Old 2007-12-24, 00:49   Link #9
jedinat

I've never watched C.S.I, but maybe something like Ghost Hunt? Rather than crime they investigate supernatural happenings.
Old 2007-12-25, 08:13   Link #10
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro. Main character is a demon who likes to eat mysteries, the better the mystery the tastier. Anime is airing now, go watch it. Manga is pretty decent too.
Old 2007-12-25, 14:41   Link #11
Rayneing
Trombe!

Higurashi is nothing like CSI. Oo

GITS: Stand Alone Complex might be what you're looking for though.
Old 2007-12-25, 14:56   Link #12
41nano

Detective Conan is quite a CSI but with more of a "kidie" story
Old 2007-12-25, 14:59   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might try a couple of episodes of Black Jack. It's not a police procedural like CSI; the protagonist is a doctor. It has the feel of a mystery thriller, but it's "old-school" in its artwork.

Even though it's nothing like CSI I strongly second watching Monster. You'll either watch it compuslively through 74 episodes, as I pretty much did, or you'll lose interest early. The story in Monster is orders-of-magnitude more sophisticated, complex, and dark than any US TV crime drama.

BTW, silverwolf, since it's Christmas, I'm giving you a one-time pass on my personal rule of not replying to people who don't write in standard English and complete sentences. You'll notice that's pretty much the style of diction most folks here use, even non-native English speakers. Most people here don't use things (I can't call them words) like "sumthing" and "u".

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-12-25 at 15:15.
Old 2007-12-25, 16:40   Link #14
Thingle
Banned

Mononoke and the BakaNeko part of Ayakashi
Old 2007-12-26, 14:29   Link #15
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
Detective Academy Q complex cases with a bit of humor about a detective school and 5 talented detective kids

Death Note Good storyline which uses different kinds of deductions about an apocalyptic notebook

Monster nuff' said. watch this

Detective Conan while the lead character may make you think that this is a show for kids, the cases are complex enough to stir your mind
what he said... especially the two in the middle
Old 2007-12-26, 15:36   Link #16
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
You lost me with the Higurashi comparison. At one point I used to watch quite a bit of CSI, and I'm currently watching Higurashi. I can't find much of a comparison.

I concur with GIS recommendations though. Most detective anime stories tend to not deal with mature subjects that CSI deals with. So animes similar to CSI are pretty rare.
did u watch higurashi "kai"

theirs a lot of problem solving in that season

A man needs sum thing to satisfied his soul...booze...no not booze ,Love no mater how old he gets,man lives his life in love with love regardless of what reality has to say on the matter.
Old 2007-12-26, 15:43   Link #17
silverwolf
1 shot 1 kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You might try a couple of episodes of Black Jack. It's not a police procedural like CSI; the protagonist is a doctor. It has the feel of a mystery thriller, but it's "old-school" in its artwork.

Even though it's nothing like CSI I strongly second watching Monster. You'll either watch it compuslively through 74 episodes, as I pretty much did, or you'll lose interest early. The story in Monster is orders-of-magnitude more sophisticated, complex, and dark than any US TV crime drama.

BTW, silverwolf, since it's Christmas, I'm giving you a one-time pass on my personal rule of not replying to people who don't write in standard English and complete sentences. You'll notice that's pretty much the style of diction most folks here use, even non-native English speakers. Most people here don't use things (I can't call them words) like "sumthing" and "u".
well if u dont like how i type on the internet dont read thx and i watch monster btw

Old 2007-12-26, 20:29   Link #18
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Nobody mentioned Neuro?
Old 2007-12-28, 06:04   Link #19
EXEs
Hallelujah...

@mist2123: I did you moppet
Old 2007-12-30, 13:30   Link #20
gonzo562

what great about monster? i read up on it through wiki it seems like a decent anime.

oh well guess ill check out the first episode
Closed Thread