AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 46.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 13:13   Link #21
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally some story. (Fumina's absence certainly helps. Though I must emphasize I do not hate Hecate at all, but inserting her into Yuji's harem for more than one episode is too much. )

First, the flashback. Margery survived her first skirmish Sydonay thanks to Yuri's sacrifice and Margery's "selfish" desire to live since she wanted to get her revenge on "Silver". Margery still lived with the guilt that her selfishness caused Yuri his life.

Things are beginning to make sense now. Rami's reasons for not revealing to Margery about "Silver's" wherabouts is now clear, not that he wants to help "Silver", but he is very concerned about the safety of someone nearby if he told her there and then what "Silver" has become and where he is right now. (Though it's becoming obvious, I'll not name who that "someone" is, just to be safe. )
Old 2007-11-30, 18:37   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 10 preview summary:

No point in calling the shadow suspicious anymore... Most people already know who it is...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-01, 00:54   Link #23
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10 preview summary:

No point in calling the shadow suspicious anymore... Most people already know who it is...
Uh... do you mind telling me? Unless it's Yuji's father...
Old 2007-12-01, 01:00   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Uh... do you mind telling me? Unless it's Yuji's father...
From what people say and the title,
Spoiler for answer:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-01, 07:19   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Awesome ep, a solid 9 in my book.

Why all the spoiler entries? We're in an episode thread here, spoiler tags are not necessary for whatever happens in this ep.

Alot of action, and then 2 excellently delivered gut punches - one expected (Yuri's death), one shocking (Yuji's fuzetsu). That's what I call impact.

Great ep!

PS: And a total bitch to encode ... unfreezable interlacing everywhere.
Old 2007-12-01, 18:09   Link #26
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why all the spoiler entries? We're in an episode thread here, spoiler tags are not necessary for whatever happens in this ep.
Most of them have not watched this episode because they are waiting for English sub (maybe). For that, those who have seen the raw and post at here don't spoil those who have not seen the episode but like to have a sneak peek at here. Am I right?
Old 2007-12-01, 18:15   Link #27
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Most of them have not watched this episode because they are waiting for English sub (maybe). For that, those who have seen the raw and post at here don't spoil those who have not seen the episode but like to have a sneak peek at here. Am I right?
I probably shouldn't put myself into the position of those who already watch the episode but yes, you're correct. And the person who likes to take the sneak peek is, for example, me, although I look at all the spoilers anyway, lol.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-01, 19:26   Link #28
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I probably shouldn't put myself into the position of those who already watch the episode but yes, you're correct. And the person who likes to take the sneak peek is, for example, me, although I look at all the spoilers anyway, lol.
I do understand that subbing takes some time and I can't complain on it since it is free. But, it is kind of frustrating since when other people have seen the episode, some of us still have not yet seen it. What to do? Be patient is all I can do now.

It is too haste for Yuri to attack Sydonay in the end which caused his death. His energy is running low and he should have only supported Marjorie to attack Sydonay, rather than going all out on Sydonay. It is supposed to be his first major battle, but it is sadly his last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Things are beginning to make sense now. Rami's reasons for not revealing to Margery about "Silver's" wherabouts is now clear, not that he wants to help "Silver", but he is very concerned about the safety of someone nearby if he told her there and then what "Silver" has become and where he is right now. (Though it's becoming obvious, I'll not name who that "someone" is, just to be safe. )
How does Rammie realize about someone nearby is connected to Silver whereas Shana and Marjorie don't know a thing about it?

It was not shown on how to cast a Fuzetsu. I can only see that Yuji is concentrating and yells Fuzetsu.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2007-12-01 at 19:43.
Old 2007-12-01, 20:30   Link #29
kimchipride
Geass User

I seemed to have forgotten that Shakugan no Shana was about torches and that Yuuji was a torch that has already died.
Old 2007-12-01, 21:43   Link #30
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
How does Rammie realize about someone nearby is connected to Silver whereas Shana and Marjorie don't know a thing about it?

It was not shown on how to cast a Fuzetsu. I can only see that Yuji is concentrating and yells Fuzetsu.
Rammie/Rami/Lamies/Lami has been around for quite some time. He might have known that Silver had something to do with the Reiji Maigo, or he might just have an innate ability to see the color of flames automatically due to experiance/the amount of PoE he's accumulated, etc..

Also, that's how everyone appears to cast Fuzetsu. Would you like a metaphysics major to explain how to cast it or something?
Old 2007-12-01, 22:02   Link #31
kimchipride
Geass User

GAWD!
I really want this episode today
Please subbers
hayaku
Old 2007-12-02, 10:46   Link #32
Mentar
Banned

Hai hai. It's out, it's out.
Old 2007-12-02, 12:38   Link #33
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

That Flame Haze who runs the bar... wasn't Prohibition on alcohol being enforced during that time of events in Margery's past?
Old 2007-12-02, 12:40   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Exactly, the Prohibition era around 1920 IIRC.
It is definitely a hint how flamehazes are quite above the laws of humans etc.
Old 2007-12-02, 12:49   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Haha, police bust in, and the Indian guy starts messing with their heads Dio-style.

Great episode. It was clear from the get-go that Yuri was Too Good For This Sinful Earth, but he did a surprising amount of damage. He was so close... It seemed like Meta would have run away from Margery if Yuri hadn't interfered, Margery's thoughts to the contrary.

On an unrelated note, Margery's odd spells amuse me again.

Running through my head at the time was:
Anna Berg: This is--
Meta: Bad poetry, run!
*explosions*
00:07:38,130 --> 00:07:40,310
69,0,Default,Mar,0000,0000,0000,,Punch and Judy fought for a pie, {http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/childrens-songs/Punch_and_Judy_fought_for_a_pie.htm}
Old 2007-12-02, 13:11   Link #36
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Well, law enforcement was busy getting corrupted by bribes from bootleggers and the mafia gangs so perhaps the 1920's NYPD turned a blind eye on that bar.

Hmm, a Flame Haze mafia group...

Anyway, even if Margery was asleep, wouldn't she or Marcosius have detected Yuji activating his Fuzetsu?

Those silver flames must've surprised Alastor and Shana. An omen of sorts?
Old 2007-12-02, 13:15   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well certainly as expected Yuri bit it in the episode. Though I was impressed how well he did for his first fight if only he had bowed out a little earlier. Go Moth power! Not only do you take care of Tomogara, but you manage to handle the bug problem as well .

Definitely a rough way to go. Slashed then blasted with huge attacks on both sides. But no doubt it sits heavily on Margery. She took the route that best guaranteed her survival. Had a chance to win the fight though it was a gamble, but her desire to get that Silver over ruled over everything else.

For now seems the Satou becoming a Flame Haze will be dropped. Though hard to say if it will be revisited down the road. But at least on the serious side it seems what's going on with Yuji will be prevalent. The relation of Silver to Yuji is now going to be something I'll be wondering about. God help the guy if Margery ever sees him do that.

For now it's back to class...
Old 2007-12-02, 13:27   Link #38
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Perhaps Yuri deep down wanted a way out of being a Flame Haze and what better way to go out than getting vaporized on the spot? It might appeared that he still held strong to his conviction in protecting humans. I wonder if Valac escaped back into the Guze after Yuri was killed.

There was a saying of sorts that went something like this: "Those who walk the path of vengeance will surely lose the light of virtue." Margery already has a lot of blood on her hands due to her pursuing the Silver. I wonder how many other enemies will be going after her head.

Last edited by lua thien; 2007-12-02 at 13:36. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 2007-12-02, 13:57   Link #39
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Exactly, the Prohibition era around 1920 IIRC.
It is definitely a hint how flamehazes are quite above the laws of humans etc.
Well you have to remember that prohibition didn't exactly stop people from drinking - all it did was make people set up secret bars. It's nothing particularly surprising.
Old 2007-12-02, 15:13   Link #40
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
Well you have to remember that prohibition didn't exactly stop people from drinking - all it did was make people set up secret bars. It's nothing particularly surprising.
And as a result of prohibition supposedly more people started to drink. Good episode overall, it was expected for that Yuri kid to die, but still got to feel bad for the way he died. Also Yuji's fuzetsu at the end seems interesting, seems to be related with silver.