AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 00:50   Link #2921
Gravitas Free Zone

These German lights? 79 KPH? The HESH of God?

Since it was recommended that I try the French autoloader line, I have made my first attempt to get there by purchasing... an AMX 40.

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 01:18   Link #2922
Sumeragi
Banned

Effortless E-50 Rampage

Damn 59-16, if he didn't crash into me I would have gotten top experience of my team.

In other news, was the only person aside from the artillery (3,650 hp) to break 3,000 hp damages, and I didn't even put in the effort. The rest were below 2,000 hp damages. Heck, it was so effortless I got a profit despite the 2,400 credit penalty.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 01:25   Link #2923
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
These German lights? 79 KPH? The HESH of God?

Since it was recommended that I try the French autoloader line, I have made my first attempt to get there by purchasing... an AMX 40.

Better go for the heavies. The AMX is treated as any other tier 4 scout
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 02:20   Link #2924
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
The reason I loathe the commie tank is that you need to keep moving and readjusting aim if you don't use auto-aim feature. Its funny how they say stop aim botting, when its part of the game.
Auto-aim isn't aim-botting. Aimbots are meant for a player to have 100% chance of hitting no matter the condition; Auto-aim only makes your gun lock on to the target without your input, but actually hitting the target is another matter. The combination of RNG, aiming accuracy, and vehicle movement means your shots still have a good chance of going astray if you don't stop and aim properly, and auto-aim also locks on to the center of the tank in all axis, which usually aims your gun at the best armored part of the tank if you're aiming at the front.

Auto-aim is most useful for quickly laying your gun on target, and if you need to fire on the move, but if you want the best possible damage you'd still want to aim manually, which is especially true for higher tier battles.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:37   Link #2925
LeoXiao
思想工作

E50 - The Eternal War

Spoiler for Brothers in Arms:
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 05:13   Link #2926
Sumeragi
Banned

Got more damages than LeoXiao, but he got sighted damages.
Old 2013-02-19, 06:45   Link #2927
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Platooning with you today was an honor, Kimidori-san.

My personal performance went up the roof when there's someone I can trust to flank the enemy when I attack, and vice versa. Our mediums punched way above our weight, and the Easy Eight is a very happy puppy now that it gets to run and do what it was meant to do.

*Salute*
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:53   Link #2928
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Better go for the heavies. The AMX is treated as any other tier 4 scout
AMX 40 is not treated as scout thought. is treated as "Heavy"

the french Lt is blast to play. is either you hate or you love it. it just different compare to other scout.

they generally very hard to play and master. but when they do it's very rewarding (Like OHKO KV-1S using ELC ) :3

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:30   Link #2929
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Estimated time before I return into the game: six days. Hopefully by then the folks here can platoon with me so I can give my brand-spanking new IS a test run.

Also, my personal experience with the French Light Autoloaders (used to have the AMX 12t, now on the AMX 13 75) -- they have a high learning curve. Playing them as scouts will get you killed, for example, and they suffer in maps where there's few open spaces (Himmelsdorf, looking at you). However if you have a map with wide plains to run around, they can be VERY deadly, being arty killers par-excellence. They also work well as flankers, but ONLY if you're part of a wolf pack, and your teammates keep the enemy tanks distracted so you can outflank.
Old 2013-02-19, 11:33   Link #2930
willx
Nyaaan~~

So after my break away from the game, I have had mixed results with my Pz4, my Cromwell and my T71 -- basically all my light and more mobile tanks have been suffering..

BUT -- I have won nearly 80-90% of my KT and Black Prince games. Ha?

On top of it all, my aim and damage per game has absolutely skyrocketed since I turned off the "shot recoil animation" (as I mentioned to other people, playing without recoil makes me feel dirty, that said, of course the reticle still balloons, I'm not hacking or anything!). In particular, with the aimer not moving, I can continue to properly pump out rounds on targets that have disappeared due to sight mechanics.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:36   Link #2931
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Dai teaching me tactics in WoT... does someone think something is wrong here. Me and Leo platting with her on tier 9 (cloud 9), mainly loosing most the battles. And she ends up the first one dead before me an Leo.

Sure I'm a total n00b in WoT not knowing where to shoot most tanks, but at least my win rate is above 50%.

Besides that, I can port my Battlefield (2 & 3 & soon to be 4) skills, Company of Hero tactics, and FPS (CounterStrike, etc.) reflexes to compensate.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:42   Link #2932
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Sume likes to charge in. Either keep up or support her from another angle.

Best yet, ask what she wants. With my E-75, I cannot keep up with her E-50... so I often ended up doing something else.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 12:44   Link #2933
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah I already know Auto-AIM wasn't aim botting, I can tell the difference.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:47   Link #2934
willx
Nyaaan~~

Ehh, let's not get into winrate here folks, it's a contentious enough item in the WoT official forums without wrangling it into our topic here. Suffice to say, for many of us, if you excluded (for many of us) suicide leveling crappy Tier 4s or trying to learn multiple tanks on multiple lines simultaneously .. many of our global win rates would be much much higher. That said, UTE for example, has demonstrated the ability to be superbly talented with a variety of vehicles which is very impressive, so it's not like global win rate has no use.

Also, I'd add that I've said it before and I'll say it again, 1) communication is key for squad based tactics, 2) what makes you successful as a player may not result in better stats and 3) tactics and strategies will vary with maximizing performance in a pub match vs. being effective in a skirmish or clan wars or company battle.

The current commonly used indicator of skill is efficiency or win4/win6 ratings in addition or combination with win rate. Doing more damage and getting more cap points typically results in victory. It may not always however, as sighted damage, strategic stalling and other factors are not included. Me flying forward to ram an enemy and leaving my charred corpse blocking a bridge doesn't award me any points -- but may induce a win. Me sacrificing myself so that 4 tanks stay behind to shoot at me instead of supporting a front, thus creating local superiority for my teammates does not factor into my stats. I could go on, but I won't, let's just say it's all very much more complicated than it might seem at first glance.

EDIT: I'd also add I've seen HAVOK, -G- and other top tier clan members die in the first few minutes of a game trying to get something started and failing. Sometimes to rally the troops you have to lead from the front .. sometimes your troops either ignore you, abandon you, pick another leader or shoot you in the back..
Old 2013-02-19, 12:49   Link #2935
Sumeragi
Banned

Heavies going up the hill in Himmeldorf isn't a matter of tactics, it's a matter of common sense.
Old 2013-02-19, 13:00   Link #2936
Blaat

I tend to ignore the hill in my heavy when I'm the lowest tier (by two tiers) heavy in Himmelsdorf.

Anyway thanks to the 2x crew bonus last weekend on the EU servers I finally managed to have crew members with 100% in their first skills. Now I need to find a decent non-outdated sixth sense mod.
Old 2013-02-19, 13:19   Link #2937
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah I admit going up was a bad idea for me, but plating with Q and ES, we're always sticking together if possible.

So that was my only reason to stick together wit the plat, cuz i trust ppl in the plat to hit the same targets if possible. Thats what I do in my squads in Battlefield, where we strategically maneuver behind the enemy and perform what its called ass jam or AJ for short, otherwise known as backstabbing. (though i find it more difficult to do in a tier 7+ matches than in 6 and below)

Anyhow I didn't bring out win rate crap out for nothing, just said it to give evidence/proof I'm not a total nub in FPS games.
Old 2013-02-19, 13:29   Link #2938
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So anyone in the test server... are they doing any changes to the E-75?

Recently got the final gun... while Alpha is good, the overall stats of the gun... well, sucks.

Nah, its horrid... there, I said it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-02-19 at 13:46.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 15:01   Link #2939
Pen3

Messed up a E-100 real bad lol
Spoiler for Size:

I love the Kona-chan skin on my AMX
Spoiler for Size:

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-02-19 at 15:42.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 15:25   Link #2940
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Heavies going up the hill in Himmeldorf isn't a matter of tactics, it's a matter of common sense.
Only on Encounter. On Standard, it's the Heavy Highway for most, with the hill mostly taken by medium tanks or lights wanting to catch arty off-guard. Most of the time the pattern for Himmelsdorf Standard is an even mix of Meds/Lights on the railroad and hill, with the heavy armor taking the Heavy Highway.

Seeing a T28 or T95 on that lane is one of the scariest things you will ever see

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks