Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-18, 17:26   Link #121
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Talk about over analyzing everything.

No form of media is completely realistic.
Well... no, it's not, but Higurashi, at least at the beginning, seemed like a more 'realistic,' no fantasy elements and no sci-fi type show.

Admittedly, over time, the realism has gone down a bit (Rika being aware of world-resets, the existence of Hanyuu, and a still-doesn't-make-much-sense Queen Carrier local disease) but now, we're talking about a paramilitary force being taken down with Home Alone level antics.

There's nothing wrong with "GIGANTIC flaws and UNREALISTIC events" (not picking on you, just seems as good a term as any) had the series been pushed that way from the start. There is something wrong with switching it up in the very last chapter; to set the rule of "generally realistic world" and then break that rule just because you need to get to the end of the story with all the main characters intact.

And PS: If Satoko did indeed set all those traps over the course of months and years, it's very irresponsible of her.

After all, had someone gotten caught in her snare, or fallen into a pit and can't get out -- well, unless she goes to check the entire mountain often, wouldn't those guys starve to death?
Old 2007-12-18, 17:31   Link #122
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
And PS: If Satoko did indeed set all those traps over the course of months and years, it's very irresponsible of her.

After all, had someone gotten caught in her snare, or fallen into a pit and can't get out -- well, unless she goes to check the entire mountain often, wouldn't those guys starve to death?
There's a reason everyone avoids that mountain and children are warned to stay the hell away from it.
Old 2007-12-19, 20:45   Link #123
Animaker9

well, you are right raikage, I thought that higurashi was quite realistic and stuff, I may sound like some kind of freak or like Haruhi Suzumiya but i think that reality is boring, I like my animes a little bit unreal, If those fantasy elementes weren't there, the characters would die and they would stay dead, I like reality and all but in anime... I like the freaky syndromes, the gods, the trap masters and the kids defeating the trained soldiers.

Because in real life, I don't think that the could reach a happy ending and I'm sick of those sad or melancholic endings...

Hail the GIGANTIC flaws and UNREALISTIC events!!
Old 2007-12-19, 22:05   Link #124
June 1983

Oh my god, this argument is so BORING. If I had nothing better to do than argue how UNREALISTIC an anime that features characters with turquoise hair was for four or five pages of a forum thread, I'd just hang myself.
Old 2007-12-20, 00:01   Link #125
Animaker9

well I think that those words closed the case, Amen brother!
Old 2007-12-20, 00:20   Link #126
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Oh my god, this argument is so BORING. If I had nothing better to do than argue how UNREALISTIC an anime that features characters with turquoise hair was for four or five pages of a forum thread, I'd just hang myself.
I think the point of this discussion isn't really to evaluate how realistic orr unrealistic Higurashi can be, but rather we are discussing about how self consistant is Higurashi with its own realism parameters it has established in past arcs.
Old 2007-12-20, 00:46   Link #127
June 1983

Old 2007-12-20, 01:00   Link #128
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

There are plenty of threads, boards and forum whose discussions might be more suitable to your tastes. Nobody is really forcing you to stay here and watch.
Old 2007-12-21, 11:50   Link #129
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
If I had nothing better to do than argue how UNREALISTIC an anime that features characters with turquoise hair was for four or five pages of a forum thread, I'd just hang myself.
Seriously, when after tens of posts of explanation about the difference between realism and consistency some people still have no clue about what we have been arguing about, the situation is quite exasperating indeed. Maybe I should really kill myself?[/heavy sarcasm] Also, maybe we should just close the forum or delete all posts which don't praise Higurashi, after all praise is not a waste of time (even if one posts praise all day) while criticism is a sign of having no life apparently. Just tell me how exactly is the discussion in the last pages more boring than one poster saying "man, this episode rocked" and another one adding "Yes, it sure ruled!"? I really want to know.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with "GIGANTIC flaws and UNREALISTIC events" (not picking on you, just seems as good a term as any) had the series been pushed that way from the start. There is something wrong with switching it up in the very last chapter; to set the rule of "generally realistic world" and then break that rule just because you need to get to the end of the story with all the main characters intact.
Exactly.

Old 2009-01-17, 14:49   Link #130
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Hanyuu's God voice is amaziing.
Closed Thread