AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-31, 11:50   Link #1281
RandomAvatarFan

Well, technically, it is a "finished anime"

When They Cry 3: Umineko no Naku Koro ni ends after the ??? of EP4. DEEN's SeaCats ended at that point too. It is a "finished anime" even if there were a lot of holes in it.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-07-31, 12:18   Link #1282
battle22

You know what I meant lol
Old 2012-08-23, 23:08   Link #1283
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Question about episode 8. Are the Medals you win at the Halloween party important? If so do you need all of them? Is there some kind of walkthrough/answer sheet for this? No spoilers please though as to what they can do.
Old 2012-08-24, 02:26   Link #1284
battle22

Yes they are, If you get medals , you get extra scenes, so try to answer all the riddles correctly.XD
Old 2012-09-08, 18:01   Link #1285
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Can anyone explain to me what this is, exactly?
Old 2012-09-08, 18:36   Link #1286
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I think it's a group that does print-on-demand of various Wikipedia articles.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:42   Link #1287
RandomAvatarFan

I see those on Amazon. I don't know what to think of them.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:06   Link #1288
Myname

What was Battler's promise/sin to Beato that he apparently said in Episode 1?
Old 2012-09-09, 23:49   Link #1289
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
What was Battler's promise/sin to Beato that he apparently said in Episode 1?
Battler's sin is not between him and Beatrice. And it didn't take place in Episode 1 (either of the anime or the VN).

But I do know what you're asking about. Thing is, it's a really, really big spoiler, to the extent that I'm reluctant to tell you it. Since you don't know what it is, I can assume that you've never played the visual novel. Battler's sin is explained in episode 7 of the VN.

I really recommend that rather than reading spoilers for this, you play the visual novel if you can, because just by reading spoilers you'll lose out hugely on the fun involved in the series. And as well as that, it's not possible to give you an adequate answer without making it really lengthly, because that's the sort of story Umineko is. Ryukishi designed it to be that way. So what I'll give you is the plain answer to your question, although it is extremely inadequate and probably pretty useless on its own, as you'll be lacking the context you need to understand it.

Spoiler for SPOILER! Major spoiler for Umineko:
Old 2012-09-10, 03:37   Link #1290
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Battler's sin is not between him and Beatrice. And it didn't take place in Episode 1 (either of the anime or the VN).

But I do know what you're asking about. Thing is, it's a really, really big spoiler, to the extent that I'm reluctant to tell you it. Since you don't know what it is, I can assume that you've never played the visual novel. Battler's sin is explained in episode 7 of the VN.

I really recommend that rather than reading spoilers for this, you play the visual novel if you can, because just by reading spoilers you'll lose out hugely on the fun involved in the series. And as well as that, it's not possible to give you an adequate answer without making it really lengthly, because that's the sort of story Umineko is. Ryukishi designed it to be that way. So what I'll give you is the plain answer to your question, although it is extremely inadequate and probably pretty useless on its own, as you'll be lacking the context you need to understand it.

Spoiler for SPOILER! Major spoiler for Umineko:
Oh I actually already read the Ep 8 spoilers and some stuff on the wiki so I already know the whole split personality deal. I just couldn't find out what the "promise" was exactly (like what exactly did he say to her). I wrote Beato instead cause I didn't want to put spoiler tags.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:40   Link #1291
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Ryukishi says in an interview with Keiya that there were hints about his sin in EP1 (at least of the novel, because the anime doesn't hint towards anything, it doesn't even have any mystery to hint towards).

Personally, I haven't come across anything more than this:
Spoiler for Battler's Sin EP1:

And oh, now that I mentioned the anime:
Spoiler for Battler's Sin Anime:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Oh I actually already read the Ep 8 spoilers and some stuff on the wiki so I already know the whole split personality deal. I just couldn't find out what the "promise" was exactly (like what exactly did he say to her). I wrote Beato instead cause I didn't want to put spoiler tags.
Well, I would strongly reccomend against reading summaries and read the damn thing (it's painfully long but that's just one more thing to be enjoyed), but since you've already spoiled yourself past the point of no return, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you.

Spoiler for Battler's Sin:

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-10, 04:37   Link #1292
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Ryukishi says in an interview with Keiya that there were hints about his sin in EP1 (at least of the novel, because the anime doesn't hint towards anything, it doesn't even have any mystery to hint towards).

Personally, I haven't come across anything more than this:
Spoiler for Battler's Sin EP1:
Hahaha...It's a bit like what Virgilia (I think it was her) said at one point. Even if a game's made to be solvable, the gamemaster doesn't necessarily realise whether they've set the hints to the right level, because they're working backwards from a point of knowing the answer.

Maybe to Ryukishi, that bit was meant to be a red hot hint! (Although many people really did guess the right theory quite quickly anyway.)

Quote:
And oh, now that I mentioned the anime:
Spoiler for Battler's Sin Anime:
The anime did get a few things right, like the timing on that in the intro...And they did that without even knowing the answer. They can't have known it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for Battler's Sin:
Ah, that's right. I forgot there was more nuance to it.
Old 2012-09-10, 04:49   Link #1293
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Maybe to Ryukishi, that bit was meant to be a red hot hint! (Although many people really did guess the right theory quite quickly anyway.)
Smart people. I wonder how the heck they could figure THAT out of all things. I actually figured out Battler's sin from reading Watangashi-hen from Higurashi

Quote:
The anime did get a few things right, like the timing on that in the intro...And they did that without even knowing the answer. They can't have known it.
No, they should have known it. You can't begin to adaptate a story (especially one like Umineko) without knowing where it is headed. They should have had at least SOME info from Ryukishi. But not knowing something this essential as this is frankly impossible.

Come to think of it, I'd read somewhere that Ryukishi told everything to Sayaka Ohara (Beato's seiyu), so that she could portray the emotion accurately. But he didn't tell it to Daisuke Ono (Battler's seiyu), perhaps to portray his ignorance accurately. It also said that after the scene in the beach (EP3), Ryukishi said "Now if he's killed, it's his fault", and Ono asked "Why?", but of course Ryukishi kept being a troll.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-10, 05:04   Link #1294
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
No, they should have known it. You can't begin to adaptate a story (especially one like Umineko) without knowing where it is headed. They should have had at least SOME info from Ryukishi. But not knowing something this essential as this is frankly impossible.

Come to think of it, I'd read somewhere that Ryukishi told everything to Sayaka Ohara (Beato's seiyu), so that she could portray the emotion accurately. But he didn't tell it to Daisuke Ono (Battler's seiyu), perhaps to portray his ignorance accurately. It also said that after the scene in the beach (EP3), Ryukishi said "Now if he's killed, it's his fault", and Ono asked "Why?", but of course Ryukishi kept being a troll.
Hmm...true, it would make sense for them to have been told. I'd imagine that Ryukishi would want to strictly limit the number of people given that information, mind. The anime cut out such a lot of info that at times it looked as if they weren't paying attention to the plot. If I remember right, Ryukishi made it a condition or something like that that he had to give approval for the voice actors for
Spoiler:
so I had wondered whether the staff involved in casting knew the truth.

Yeah, I almost mentioned the voice acting thing myself. I think that telling Ohara all about it was a great idea! Bet the voice work wouldn't have been so good otherwise. I do love the voice acting in the anime.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:07   Link #1295
battle22

Quote:
Yeah, I almost mentioned the voice acting thing myself. I think that telling Ohara all about it was a great idea! Bet the voice work wouldn't have been so good otherwise. I do love the voice acting in the anime.
..You have to hear Sayaka Ohara in PS3, she made me cry , She did is so well...Especially in EP7..God...it was amazing and she goes crazy in EP8 when she screams 'OPEN FIREEEEE' .
Old 2012-09-11, 06:02   Link #1296
Captain Bluebeard

It's true. The voice acting was good. I just can't stand Sakutaro's voice. And Battler's, when he screamed like he was dumping his guts in a bad case of explosive diarrhea.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-11, 06:47   Link #1297
battle22

Quote:
I just can't stand Sakutaro's voice. And Battler's, when he screamed like he was dumping his guts in a bad case of explosive diarrhea.
Awww, You don't like Battlers voice? ((. Also Evas VA did a amazing job in Episode 7 Teaparty. Erika was also amazing, She has a perfect voice..
Old 2012-09-11, 07:27   Link #1298
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Awww, You don't like Battlers voice? ((.
Oh, no, on the contrary, I think Battler's voice is just perfect for him, I simply don't like it when he goes 'overboard' with the acting to show that he's suffering. Example, (I think it was uploaded on Youtube), the 'thank you, liar, sorry' scene. It is simply sore for the ears. Other than that, I really like his voice.

Quote:
Also Evas VA did a amazing job in Episode 7 Teaparty. Erika was also amazing, She has a perfect voice..
Eva's seiyu is just perfect, having pulled a magnificent Takano (personal favorite Higurashi character along with Rika) and Eva-Beato! But, well, that just goes for the anime. She annoys the shit out of me in the voiced VN, she sounds like she really really desperately wants someone to f*ck her hard, and soon.

Erika is amazing. At first I was kinda *yewk* about her voice, having heard only bits from the trailer, but it eventually grew on me from Ougon, and it's pure perfection, especially when she goes nuts screaming "SHOOT THEM DEEEAD!!!", it's just what Erika's character needs: Agressive, snobbish and childish.

Simply put, they did a great choise with almost every member of the cast, (the single thing there is to like in the Anime). However, their voices kinda annoy me in the VN. Maybe it's because hearing them out loud it spoils the sensation of reading. It's more fun to "hear" their tone in your mind.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-11, 07:47   Link #1299
battle22

Quote:
Eva's seiyu is just perfect, having pulled a magnificent Takano (personal favorite Higurashi character along with Rika) and Eva-Beato! But, well, that just goes for the anime. She annoys the shit out of me in the voiced VN, she sounds like she really really desperately wants someone to f*ck her hard, and soon.

Erika is amazing. At first I was kinda *yewk* about her voice, having heard only bits from the trailer, but it eventually grew on me from Ougon, and it's pure perfection, especially when she goes nuts screaming "SHOOT THEM DEEEAD!!!", it's just what Erika's character needs: Agressive, snobbish and childish.

Simply put, they did a great choise with almost every member of the cast, (the single thing there is to like in the Anime). However, their voices kinda annoy me in the VN. Maybe it's because hearing them out loud it spoils the sensation of reading. It's more fun to "hear" their tone in your mind.
Erika sounds very calm in Episode 5 , until we get to the final Chapter, she goes overboard and it's amazing. Everyone was *Yewk* at first but we all realized it was perfect for her, Have you read EP6 logic error voiced? Gosh ...Amazing . She is also fantastic in EP8 and Yeah They did awesome job casting the voices and I think we can all agree that Sayaka Ohara was the best one . I hate to admit it but Yukari Tamura failed (Bern), She has a very badass voice but her laughs are....not as good as Lambdas XDD
Old 2012-09-11, 09:44   Link #1300
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Erika sounds very calm in Episode 5 , until we get to the final Chapter, she goes overboard and it's amazing. Everyone was *Yewk* at first but we all realized it was perfect for her, Have you read EP6 logic error voiced? Gosh ...Amazing .
I have, and I've even commented on the PS3 thread saying she sounds like a pig But no, I've re-evaluated her after Ougon. She sounds great when she goes nuts. I guess I just had a different voice for her in my head so it estranged me at first, but after getting used to it, she's an amazing Erika.

Quote:
She is also fantastic in EP8 and Yeah They did awesome job casting the voices and I think we can all agree that Sayaka Ohara was the best one . I hate to admit it but Yukari Tamura failed (Bern), She has a very badass voice but her laughs are....not as good as Lambdas XDD
Sayaka Ohara is very good, but how dare you say anything negative about Yukari??? She's like... the goddess of blue hair! (I haven't read EP8 with voices, but from what I've heard in YouTube parts, she doesn't live to her full potential in some parts, but she's still incredibly good).

It's tough to be blue...
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a