AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-13, 05:49   Link #4281
Dextro
He Without a Title

I've been playing The Witcher 3 lately but I'll probably stop for a bit and pick up MGS5 since the developers for the former have announced a patch with extra story at the endgame and it's probably smart to hold for a bit before forging ahead. Also the entire internet seems to want to spoil me on MGS
Old 2015-09-27, 23:56   Link #4282
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I've been playing Darksiders 1 (PS3) lately, just finished Chapter 02 by defeating The Griever.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 18:32   Link #4283
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Disgaea 5 demo
comments: playing this while waiting for my copy to arrive next week. i was using the unopened soda/opened soda trick
with the zombie maid to level her up to 190 so that i can make a level 150 theft. gotten all the available
classes in the demo. made my level 150 sage and spam her land decimator all day on map 1-4 while working
on getting all the hospital rewards. the last muscle selling for 10 mil hell. i'm almost getting my
testament and i'm totally ready for the main game when it arrives. i put 16 hrs. into the demo so far, more than most
of the games i bought. ^____^;

Omega Quintet
comments: bought it when it was on sale sometime ago for $12. the game is alright so far. but it kind of
looks really bright on my tv...maybe it's my tv, i don't know. the game is decent, but definitely not for everyone.
i just like the comedy story of it. the battle system is decent, nothing too great or bad. hopefully i can spend some
time finishing this game up. when Disgaea 5 arrives, i'll just be playing that game only.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - ps4
comments: beaten all the story mission and did almost all of the dream mode stages. i gotten all the
characters unlocked except Shank so far. games is great for a warrior game. the game can slow down
quite a bit though even on ps4, since there are a lot of enemies on screen. what i like about this game is
that your Kizuna super attack can literally wipe out all the 200-300 enemies right in front of you...it's crazy.
so far my main is Tashagi (think that how you spell her name). she is easy to play and very powerful against mobs
or even against the boss characters. her charge 2 triangle can go through their defense and charges.
my 2nd main is Nami. since most of the DLC costumes goes to her, i might as well play as her. she's a
bit weaker than Tashagi and slower as well. i get interrupted so many time playing as her...it's kind of annoying.
at least her thunder clouds are strong. my 3rd main is Fujiota? can't remember his name, but his meteor attacks
are retarded crazy. you can just spam that all day and clear the whole map without even trying. he's
so broken in this game....all in all, i have quite a lot of fun with this game and the maps are normally 15-30 min long to finish in dream mode.
the story mode quests took me about 30min+ each maps...that's nuts. the last chapter took me nearly 45 min.
contents are plentiful. and i still have to go back to S ranking all the story mode maps. you can also break level for each characters as well, but
i haven't break anyone yet since i don't have the neccesary coins to do so. level 50 is max until you level break,
then it's 100. i haven't unlocked nightmare mode yet for dream mode. they're suppose to be very tough.
Old 2015-09-29, 13:47   Link #4284
Syndiciate

Realm of the Mad God, Civilizations IV and NationStates currently.
Syndiciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 13:13   Link #4285
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I'm almost done playing Assassin's Creed 1 (PS3), just cleared Memory Block 6.

After this I plan on starting Assassin's Creed II (PS3) immediately.
Old 2016-09-17, 17:50   Link #4286
serac
Mandoo

currently on/off playing Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS.
I am playing it on and off because it is so difficult to play for me. I am just killing some time before Pokemon Sun/Moon gets released.

I haven't played any PC games nor Xbox/PS3 games recently when I got a 3DS.. Sadly, there aren't enough hours in a day to be able to play all the games.
serac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 18:14   Link #4287
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm completely overwhelmed by my backlog (as usual). Luckly I'm on vacation so I can dedicate some time to working through it.

Vita: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
I wasn't actually expecting this game to hook me as it did. I played a bit of Trails in the Sky but back then it didn't really click with me.

3DS: Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice
What can you say? I'm a sucker for some OBJECTION!

PC: Valkyria Chronicles
Went back into this one to see if I can finally finish it. I always ended up dropping the game when one of the characters died permanently. I have a soft spot for those kinds of things
Old 2016-09-17, 19:24   Link #4288
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm about 76% through Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. So far, it is WAY better than Unity was. I'm currently doing the World War I missions. I wish there was more of Lydia Frye.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 19:30   Link #4289
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Not been playing any gams on my laptop, but I have on on my mobile: Marvel Future Fight.

Think Dynasty Warriors: Avengers.

It's the only game on my mobile phone. Which tells you something (I don't normally play games on my phone). Plays like more free-to-play games and there are microtransactions if you want extra stuff, but this game at least has some actual gameplay in it. It's not so much enjoyable as addicting (and it's always great to play the Hulk when on the way home after a #$%@#$tty day)

The only gripe: Thanks to the whole Movie Licensing nonsense, the X-Men and Deadpool (as well as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) are not in this game.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 21:22   Link #4290
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm trying to finish Strider 100%, and in order to do that I need one of those pow thingies that appear on Meio's Statue when you fight the Dragon for the second time, and it's glitched on my game, the damn pick up doesn't appear and I can't get the 100% because of that :'(
Old 2016-09-18, 04:01   Link #4291
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Not games per say, but playing Seinarukana after a two-year break and replaying Aselia the Eternal (seeing that both have gameplay parts in it). If not for ctrl-skipping the battle animations, it would turn out to be a drag after a while. Seinarukana is alright-ish, but has some annoying aspects (though that would belong in the respective thread in the Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games sub-forum)

Otherwise, I still have Trails of Cold Steel unfinished on my PS3. However, seeing that I had completed the jp. version - honestly with only a very basic understanding - made it kinda hard to finish the long game again. Hence why I'm not in a hurry for CSII (which I have ironically also left unfinished in the jp. version)
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:11   Link #4292
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm completely overwhelmed by my backlog (as usual). Luckly I'm on vacation so I can dedicate some time to working through it.

Vita: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
I wasn't actually expecting this game to hook me as it did. I played a bit of Trails in the Sky but back then it didn't really click with me.

3DS: Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice
What can you say? I'm a sucker for some OBJECTION!

PC: Valkyria Chronicles
Went back into this one to see if I can finally finish it. I always ended up dropping the game when one of the characters died permanently. I have a soft spot for those kinds of things
Valkyria Chronicles is the shortest one of the three, I'd say...but PW is the most fun

I've played a LOT of JRPGs and the trails series has gotten a lot of things right; it's hard not to like. VC also has an engaging plot, but trails just left me wanting more (then again, splitting games kinda does that).

As for me, after finally leaving DS3 behind, at least for this year, I went back to Dragon's Crown, raised a backstab elf all the way to 53 and then thought...maybe I should have made a wizard after all. Oh well, I'll leave it at the end of hard.

I've also decided to invest time in mobile games, but FF Exvius didn't last long (too little content) and FF Mobius has a few network issues. Until those are fixed, I replaced Exvius with Phantom of the Kill, a game whose story is as dark as it is ridiculous. It boggles my mind how similar it is to Exvius though...gacha system, friend points to draw, unit fusion and evolution, it's a bit TOO similar, even though the combat is made of Fire Emblem, right down to the weapon triangle.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:57   Link #4293
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I refused to let any characters die permanently in VC. I don't care if it's "cheating" to just close out and open with a save to avoid that. I don't want anyone dying, especially since I routinely use only my favorite characters, not necessarily those with the best stats.

But, really, after the first few missions of VC, I never really had problems with characters being incapacitated during a mission. I kind of got the hang of things.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 23:38   Link #4294
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I refused to let any characters die permanently in VC. I don't care if it's "cheating" to just close out and open with a save to avoid that. I don't want anyone dying, especially since I routinely use only my favorite characters, not necessarily those with the best stats.

But, really, after the first few missions of VC, I never really had problems with characters being incapacitated during a mission. I kind of got the hang of things.
I made it a point to leave no one behind during my playthrough and ended the game with zero losses: whenever someone went down, I would attempt to get them evacuated. I count a death as a permanent one, so if they went down in a battle but were exfilled, it was okay. I might go back and play the new game plus mode to unlock everything, but for now, DOOM and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided await me.
Old 2016-09-19, 09:31   Link #4295
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ooo, haven't seen this thread bumped in awhile! Slowly working on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on "I Never Asked For This" difficulty, but haven't been playing it much. Still playing Hearthstone enough for quests, but I duno, can't seem to hit R15 this month. Playing Black Desert Online a bit more now that I got my greatsword weapon and skills for my Warrior. Still playing Squad quite a bit for my FPS fix. Last but least, I still play Total War: Warhammer as well.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 22:31   Link #4296
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

PS3 : Still in the middle of Act 2 of Trails of Cold Steel II. Didn't play much last week since I've been little busy, now it's time to continue this gem.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 03:44   Link #4297
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finished Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice. That's one hell of a final case, which makes up for the relative letdown of Dual Destiny's finale. Trials and Tribulations still had the best finale though.

Currently about to start the epilogue of Trails of Cold Steel II, and then after that maybe SMT4: Apocalypse if I have the money.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 17:14   Link #4298
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I've been playing more of Assassin's Creed II (PS3), just finished Sequence 06: Rocky Road.
Old 2016-10-02, 01:38   Link #4299
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Valkyria Chronicles is the shortest one of the three, I'd say...but PW is the most fun

I've played a LOT of JRPGs and the trails series has gotten a lot of things right; it's hard not to like. VC also has an engaging plot, but trails just left me wanting more (then again, splitting games kinda does that).

As for me, after finally leaving DS3 behind, at least for this year, I went back to Dragon's Crown, raised a backstab elf all the way to 53 and then thought...maybe I should have made a wizard after all. Oh well, I'll leave it at the end of hard.

I've also decided to invest time in mobile games, but FF Exvius didn't last long (too little content) and FF Mobius has a few network issues. Until those are fixed, I replaced Exvius with Phantom of the Kill, a game whose story is as dark as it is ridiculous. It boggles my mind how similar it is to Exvius though...gacha system, friend points to draw, unit fusion and evolution, it's a bit TOO similar, even though the combat is made of Fire Emblem, right down to the weapon triangle.
I dropped everything. There is only Persona 5 in my sights right now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 07:12   Link #4300
Jinjer

been trying out paladins last weekend, it's basically f2p overwatch and i was fine with it

and just like overwatch, lots of cowards who keep away from the objective
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote