AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-22, 16:35   Link #61
MidnighT-WolF

I'd say MOSTLY Metal; Power / Prog / Speed / Symphonic / Heavy / Thrash / Whatever, Melodic Death and some Technic Death too, Folk Metal in all it's shapes, Gothic, so all in all I'm just not into TRVE Grim Black Metal stuff, the loudy Death Metal where you can't recognize a single note/word and Grind of all kinds.

But then again, I'm not closed to other styles like people use to say about Metalheads, I also often listen to other stuff like Classical, Techno / Trance / Dance, Old/New Rock, Jpop/Jrock and even some good Rap, yes I do!

But when we come to Metal, I can't help myself and headbang all day on Blind Guardian, Opeth, Therion, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Kamelot, Epica, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Behemoth, Raintime, Scar Symmetry, Dragonforce, At The Gates, Mago De Oz, Metallica, Falconer, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil and on and on and on.... (Just check here http://www.last.fm/user/MidnighTWolF/ )

\m/ to all Metalheads in here!
MidnighT-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 17:15   Link #62
LhikariL
Hikari kaga yaku sakai wo

Location: we have to escape, and I will go anywhere, if you just lead the way!
Prog metal, melodic metal, death metal, thrash metal, happy hardcore, electronica, gothic, trance, house, psychadelic, heavy metal, industrial, indie, techno, folk metal, orchestral, classical (no, not classic metal...actually calssical music, as in Mozart and Bach), J-rock, J-pop, classic punk (as in from the British Invasion), raggae, slow jams,..........pretty much w/e I feel like at the moment
LhikariL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 10:23   Link #63
chibimarukochan
Chibi Maruko-Chan fan

Send a message via AIM to chibimarukochan
i like to listen to old pop music that i've heard before
chibimarukochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 02:59   Link #64
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
80s music ^^. Those can't ever get old. They have a tempo no other music has have before. Plus I really like eletronica.

Currently i'm listening to a OST soundtrack of the Moive "Tale of 2 Sisters." I have seen the movie myself, but from what my sister said, it's pretty much about a crazy sister. A music in it called "The Epilogue" is a slow but charming and amusing music to listen too. It has that dark theme that is subtle but soothing to the ears.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 03:08   Link #65
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Ska, indie, some screamo, classic rock, some j-pop, and alternative
Old 2007-07-28, 04:16   Link #66
kaisabi
The Angel of Death

mainly alternative some jazz
kaisabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 07:35   Link #67
Yuri Jacobs
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Yuri Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Yuri Jacobs
Styles of music? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm mostly into Classical.
Yuri Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 22:26   Link #68
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

OI, another one for classical here! : Ravel, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Debussy, etc.

I also like Radiohead, anime music (any Joe Hisaishi soundtracks: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky), Rage Against the Machine, Heart, Queen, the Donnie Darko soundtrack, Celtic music, so on and so forth of many miscellaneous things!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 06:49   Link #69
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

like - choral, classical, j-pop, power metal, doom metal, gothic metal, gothic rock... and sometimes electro
really hate - rap, hip-hop, techno

fav. artist - kukui
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 07:14   Link #70
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Since recently my last.fm profile is linked in my signature. Not that it's perfectly representative but then again what is?
Old 2007-07-31, 23:30   Link #71
nanafan
horo fan

i am into so many types of music christian, jpop, rock, oldies, classical, some country or at least johnny cash. found the labyrinth soundtrack...love that movie and the music...
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 00:28   Link #72
molebeing

what what what what

Last edited by molebeing; 2010-03-24 at 15:02.
molebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 00:35   Link #73
Thingey
Banned

-_- No one likes Ministry Of Sound?

No Central Energy either? gah..... you marshmallows have some catching up to do
Thingey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:27   Link #74
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I find it interesting that this thread doesn't allowing for the listing of songs. I can see that the intent was for people not just listing whatever songs they like without an explanation, but right now this thread serves almost completely no purpose. It's just a thread where people post without really reading and discussing the previous posts and you never come back to it again probably. What I suggest is for the thread to allow the listing of one song to accompany the genre a person talked about. This is to give a better example of what the person likes and could also get another person into that genre by providing said example. In summary, listing a song allows the poster to pick out what they think is the artist's best song and not let an interested person go on an endless search finding a good song from that artist.

Also (and back on topic), some of the "styles" of music I listen to doesn't involve a specific artist at all. I don't really like an artist but just listen to what I like. I rarely have more than five songs from one artist. For example, I like catchy J-Pop with cute artists singing about carefree/lighthearted songs as opposed to songs that have meaning and are deep because I can't understand Japanese. It's much more easily for me to provide a specific example such as Ichigo Complete by Hitomi Nabatame, Saeko Chiba, Fumiko Orikasa, Ayako Kawasumi, Mamiko Noto because I really don't know a single artist with a cute voice that sings all songs carefree and lightheartedly.

Since I can't list songs I'll just have to be as descriptive as possible. I like Nu-Metal especially Linkin Park's album Meteora. Their other album Minutes from Midnight were not as wonderful as their previous but was still enjoyable. Their music isn't entirely screaming like Metal and contains some Rapcore and soft, melodic versions that are mixed with some hard rock sounds. This creative mixture is what I like so much about their music, because it's always exciting to listen to and never boring.

And I also like Pop-Punk and Punk Rock. blink-182, Sum 41 and Simple Plan has lots of good songs that I listen to regularly. The fast punk-ish pace of the songs are catchy and rhythmic, not too slow and not too heavy. I like several of Relient K's songs too but I'm not allowed to list which ones I like/which ones I don't and why.

I also like some Hip-hop/Rap if it has good rhymes and a good beat. I mostly don't listen to Jay-Z because I'm not going for meaning/mainstream but rather good background beats and unfortunately, he doesn't have very good ones. I enjoy Linkin Park/Jay-Z remixes because they use Linkin Park's beats for Jay-Z's lyrics. Kanye West also has good beats and that's probably why I like him so much. One of my favorite songs was done by Kanye West/Jay-Z/J-Ivy and if you know what I'm talking about that you could check it out. (?!)

And of course I love Instrumental Music. This could include Classical or just themes in anime. I have a whole collection of Toshiro Masuda's Naruto theme music, because they're really catchy, especially S_____'s Theme because you can just listen to them and they soothe your nerves. I also like Princess Mononoke's theme music also. About Classical Music my favorite composer is Rachmaninov especially his second pi____ con_____. Other than that I listen to Mozart.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 04:21   Link #75
Thingey
Banned

well: deeper into my appreciation of CERTAIN music,

I mostly enjoy Music with a good beat/rythm and good lyrics. However, there are some bands who create songs without lyrics e.g. Central Energy.

also "party" music, the type that activates the "dance so much you ruin the floor" bit of your brain () is good.

Songs that get you up and running are my favourites.

Such as Eagle Eye Cherry's Break Of dawn, which is a "shut up I'm thinking" song.

another one is Mysterious Life by MOS.

Y'know, those songs that move your brain. I was listening to Mysterious Life when looking outside, I spotted a light in the sky. 'Twas a Pulsar. o.o

Anyway, Listen to MOS/Central Energy and you'll get the idea.
Old 2007-08-01, 04:26   Link #76
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingey View Post
also "party" music, the type that activates the "dance so much you ruin the floor" bit of your brain () is good.
Me too. I listen to a lot of techno and j-Pop that's like that. Anipara Club Dance Dance No. 1. Need I say more? That's the good stuff right there.

On a similar note, I've been known to play a lot of uplifting music. Emo, indie, and heavy metal are big no-no's for me - basically any music where you can't understand the lyrics without knowing them already. (New metal's okay, but I wouldn't listen to it all the time like I do techno and rock/alt. rock.)
Old 2007-08-01, 04:33   Link #77
Thingey
Banned

SI, Listen to Ministry Of Sound. Very nice. I put one of the albums on my MP3.

there's this one song that used to be the one i liked best, bit it was played on the radio so many times It's become a hated song of mine. >.<

EDIT: MOS is pretty much Techno. A song you might like is Mysterious Life. That was my ring tone on a phone i once had. It was stolen from me one day when i left it in my bag in PE. *sigh*

Moving on.....

Last edited by Thingey; 2007-08-01 at 04:36. Reason: had more to add
Old 2007-08-01, 08:05   Link #78
Ending

Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, and Theatre of Tragedy come to mind from international bands. My local favs also follow the same style, although being a bit more of the heavier side than melodic. E.g: Kotiteollisuus, Trio Niskalaukaus, and Teräsbetoni (which, truthfully, has only one good song).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:30   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i love all types of music myself ~ ranging from old school to the latest hits! ^.^ (but i guess the types i cant stand are anything very heavy or extremely creepy O.O)

and i just managed to find one of my favorite golden classics on youtube *jumps around* ahh havent heard this song in ages ^.^

一起走過的日子 ~ by andy lau

and for those wondering ~ its in cantonese :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 03:56   Link #80
Thingey
Banned

Now listenin' to: The dog.