AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 19:20   Link #261
Sassarai
Army of One

Wel if windcutter is pinpoint yoki control isnt that like Mirias phantom move? Hence strain the body more?
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 00:39   Link #262
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Very similar to Miria's move, but it is only in one arm and thus it is less stressful.

And while it does strain the arm it doesn't have nearly as much strain on both body and mind as allowing your right arm to half-awaken. And if you want to discuss it more, please take it to the "Biology of Claymore" thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 02:51   Link #263
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Windcutter involves pinpoint youki control to cause immediate acceleration. Flash Sword is a controlled awakening of a single arm. As a result Windcutter has less power and speed than Flash Sword, but greater precision. Windcutter is also a much less dangerous technique for the user.

Edit: Fixed a confusing typo, thanks DazarGaidin.
Thanks for clearing that up. I understand now.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:03   Link #264
zhoutai753
zhoutai753

Has there ever been a defensive type that has become number 1?
zhoutai753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 07:03   Link #265
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

It is never specifically stated (could speculate....but not here..). Unless it is stated in that stats book, but i never seen it in english

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 12:17   Link #266
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

That reminds me. Once a Claymore completely undergoes their transformation once they are initiated into the society (bit strangely worded, I know), can they change what type of fighter they are (offensive/defensive)? Or are they stuck to one type forever?

Also, what type was Teresa? If it was ever really stated, that is. I always felt she was the offensive type, but I'm really not sure.
Old 2007-09-28, 15:56   Link #267
Sassarai
Army of One

I doubt they could switch to a different type. That would be too cheap. If you lose a arm you can change to a defensive type and grow it back.... Oh well but who knows the organization is full of mysteries. Heck im not even sure if they could choose what type they want to be in the first place.

Teresa is probably an offensive type. Pretty much all single digits that are "listed" are offensive except Galatea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ore_characters
Old 2007-09-28, 16:35   Link #268
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

We only know the types of Rigald, Duph, Irene, Galatea, Ophelia, and Jean. All the rest is more or less educated guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 01:34   Link #269
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
That reminds me. Once a Claymore completely undergoes their transformation once they are initiated into the society (bit strangely worded, I know), can they change what type of fighter they are (offensive/defensive)? Or are they stuck to one type forever?
We are told that there is no way for a Claymore to change their type between Offensive and Defensive. We are very clearly informed of that. It happens based on your personality when first become a Claymore and will never change. It is absolutely permanent.

Of course we are also told that you can never return to being a Claymore after go past your limit yet that rule has been broken left right and center. Jean and Clare even Awakened their bodies and changed back to human, so we can't be sure that a future chapter won't change the rules about changing your type.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-29, 02:47   Link #270
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
We are told that there is no way for a Claymore to change their type between Offensive and Defensive. We are very clearly informed of that. It happens based on your personality when first become a Claymore and will never change. It is absolutely permanent.
Can you give me the chapter in the manga or anime episode that was in? I miss that part. Or all you talking about that Deneve speech?
Old 2007-09-29, 07:13   Link #271
ClaFanN1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
What is Teresa's symbol? Is it the same as Clare's?

I looked on the net for the symbols, but couldnt find them. They're not even in the extensive wiki claymore article (full of spoilers so beware).
There's a comprehensive guide for Claymore's TV Series, its recent so some might not know about it. It lists all Claymore Symbols used in the series and a lot of other spoilers lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_(TV_series)
ClaFanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 12:08   Link #272
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Of course we are also told that you can never return to being a Claymore after go past your limit yet that rule has been broken left right and center. Jean and Clare even Awakened their bodies and changed back to human, so we can't be sure that a future chapter won't change the rules about changing your type.
Well, the reason I asked was because I'm still not sure where the line is drawn between the Claymores' ability to to merely "heal" themselves (like Clare having to reattach her legs after Ophelia cut them off) and actually regenerating limbs or other body parts. For instance, how was Ophelia able to survive her head nearly being twisted off? I thought only a defensive type could perform such a feat of survival, and since I'm pretty sure Ophelia is an offensive type (after swearing to kill all Awakened Beings). I was completely shocked.
Old 2007-09-29, 18:48   Link #273
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

She just repaired neck/spine damage, she didn't regenerate her head..it was still firmly attached. There has been people who have broken necks and survived (paralized)...if she was alive i dont think such a repair is a big deal to a claymore.

Prolly move this to the biology of claymore now..

Old 2007-09-29, 20:12   Link #274
Garet Jax

Quote:
Probably not. Though the actual answer is unknown, the fact that it went waaaay off the manga by the final episode makes it rather unlikely.
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but...why did things change so much? Is this standard practice? Things didn't really end in a conclusive way. If they weren't going to do that, why not stick to following the manga? I'm not currently a reader, but was there any good reason they couldn't have done that? I've heard that the pace of the manga release means that it would be 5+ years before there's enough material for another season (accurate?), so I thought the reason for a change would be to have closure in an anime original ending. But it seems similarly unfinished either way.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 20:35   Link #275
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

There is no definite answer, only speculation.

In regards to the manga taking about 5 years, yeah that is about accurate (4 years maybe), unless they switch it from a monthly release.

Old 2007-09-30, 03:22   Link #276
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Quote:
Can you give me the chapter in the manga or anime episode that was in? I miss that part. Or all you talking about that Deneve speech?
I don't have the manga handy at the moment to tell you the chapters, but it was in a few parts. The first time this is explained it was Ophelia explaining why Clare will never be able to recover her arm. Later Irene elaborates a bit more. Then when they were fighting Duff someone commented that even though Duff is Awakened, he still isn't very good at regenerating because he is an Offensive type. This was evidence that it Awakened Beings have the same limit. Then Riful commented that since Duff is so ridiculously strong at offense his regeration is equally slow. Finally Deneve had a few things to say on the subject.

The various comments on the subject are quite consistent.

Old 2007-09-30, 03:49   Link #277
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But none of that really means that the type couldn't change if, say, a drastic personality change occurred.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 05:05   Link #278
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Well, from the anime it is stated that your type is determined by what you think most about when you're on the brink of death: if you're still thinking about attacking the enemy, you're offensive; if you're thinking about protecting yourself, you're defensive. This has alot to do with your intrinsic personal motivations, past history and background. The first is possible to change, the latter 2 are not.

Yes, I suppose someone could possibly change from an offensive to defensive Claymore, however it would involve quite a major change in character (more than just Deneve acting like Helen or vice-versa, anyway) and would be very hard to pull off without screwing up.

I think what would be more interesting would be if Yagi-sensei makes a new character whose background makes her both an offensive and defensive type, or somewhere in-between - a tradeoff achieved with a middle balance point. More attack power, less than an Offensive, but with better regenerative abilities; not full limbs maybe, but smaller body parts (amputations below the elbow/knee, for instance) and heavy injuries.

We'll just have to wait for another interview and see what he says on the matter, I guess.
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 06:12   Link #279
Ero-Senn1n

When will the anime continue with the second season? Will the anime team wait for the manga to reach a number of chapters that they need to make another season?

I hope they will not continue if there's not enough manga chapters because than they'll had to add fillers and the show would end up just like Naruto and similar anime series which are loaded with bad fillers.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 14:16   Link #280
zato_1one

The show had already been screwed so badly. If MADHOUSE really want to make second season, they will follow manga until the end. But it seems that they don't and the ending is completely different so much that it can't follow manga anymore.

So give up with the second season and read the manga. May be in next 4-5 years when the manga is finished. We may see Claymore OVA just like Hellsing OVA.

In fact, I hope that MADHOUSE won't do second season anymore. Because I don't want to see one of my most favorite series be trashed like this again. Just 6 episodes of MADHOUSE's fanfiction can almost destroy the entire series. Don't even hope that next 26 episodes of MADHOUSE's fanfiction will be better than this.

Tags
claymore, q & a