AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 13:55   Link #221
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
OMG yesss~. What a small but awesome group that was.

Who were you on the forums (or were you at the meetup thing at all)? XD We'll have to organize an actual panel or something for next year.
Oh shiz :0 I was the one cosplaying Ranmao from Kuroshitsuji during the 'meet-up' thing xD I was so happy to see other Umineko fans :'D Your Jessica was epic lol you even had the brass knuckles xD But I only have 2 pictures of you and both of them are kind of blurry DD:

Are you going to AnimeCentral next year, maybe? It's the second closest con to where I live (first being A.I lol), and apparently there's going to be a small hoard of Umineko cosplayers. I'm going as Bernkastel and my friends will be Battler and Lambdadelta.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:09   Link #222
ameskitty
Kupo

As awesome as that would be I'm not sure I'll be able to get over there :/. It's perfectly timed and all (unlike Detour, which might've been a possibility were it aligned with spring break) but I don't really have a good way to get over there at the time and my parents are kind of worrywarts . I'm definitely going to try though .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-10-19, 15:49   Link #223
Ylse

some help me convince my mother that white really is a good color (and the original color!) for the beato dress (the sleeves and such), because she wants to go with a cream color hard to convince her because she is the one paying even though i said i can also pay for it XD
we allready got the rest, and we had a cream like color but it's to dark
everything is a little bit shiny, but it should fit nicely with the golden decorations, i hope *stress*
Old 2009-10-19, 21:16   Link #224
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
the best would be white in a cream shade... she has a point, snow white would look just awkward, but normal cream is just ew. everytime i see her dress like that i think she spilled tea on her sleeves and couldn't wash it off completely.
...maybe try using that argument. XD

i would never let my mom meddle in my cosplay btw.
Old 2009-10-19, 23:17   Link #225
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
As awesome as that would be I'm not sure I'll be able to get over there :/. It's perfectly timed and all (unlike Detour, which might've been a possibility were it aligned with spring break) but I don't really have a good way to get over there at the time and my parents are kind of worrywarts . I'm definitely going to try though .
Aw :< I also really want to go to Detour, but ACEN is actually closer xD And I tag along with my older friend, who prefers Acen over Detour because it's bigger haha D:

My attendance isn't THAT bad, so my parents will let me skip one day of school (if my grades are awesome) for an anime con xD

But oh well, A.I 2010 ttly works too :P despite being practically a year away, are you just fixing up your Jessica cosplay, or do you have something else in mind? xD Your friend is still gonna be Beato, yes? :0
Old 2009-10-20, 07:28   Link #226
Ylse

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
the best would be white in a cream shade... she has a point, snow white would look just awkward, but normal cream is just ew. everytime i see her dress like that i think she spilled tea on her sleeves and couldn't wash it off completely.
...maybe try using that argument. XD

i would never let my mom meddle in my cosplay btw.
*isn't really that skilled yet in making dresses and such* so that is why my mother comes in handy
Old 2009-10-20, 18:17   Link #227
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyi View Post
Aw :< I also really want to go to Detour, but ACEN is actually closer xD And I tag along with my older friend, who prefers Acen over Detour because it's bigger haha D:

My attendance isn't THAT bad, so my parents will let me skip one day of school (if my grades are awesome) for an anime con xD

But oh well, A.I 2010 ttly works too :P despite being practically a year away, are you just fixing up your Jessica cosplay, or do you have something else in mind? xD Your friend is still gonna be Beato, yes? :0
Yeah, I'm not sure which is closer, but both are a pretty long drive for me. The difference is I have a ton of friends in the Detour area so that might've been possible. However that weekend falls really close to finals, and with the crazy classes I'm going to have that wouldn't be good .

Definitely fixing up my Jessica cosplay, especially since that was my first jacket and a lot of the edges are a little, erm, rough. (not to mention the failskirt haha)

I'm considering cosplaying Natsuhi the day after I cosplay Jessica (because they're both curly-haired and it's convenient not to have to buy wigs ) but it'll mostly depend on if I can figure out how to sew dresses. Shion's turtleneck outfit would also be fun and fairly easy (this would depend on me finding a fairly cheap wig, though).

And yes, she's still probably going to be Beato, although that wouldn't be ready for ACen (if we get a means to go there) XD.

Old 2009-10-20, 21:09   Link #228
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Quote:
Oh shiz :0 I was the one cosplaying Ranmao from Kuroshitsuji during the 'meet-up' thing xD I was so happy to see other Umineko fans :'D Your Jessica was epic lol you even had the brass knuckles xD But I only have 2 pictures of you and both of them are kind of blurry DD:

Are you going to AnimeCentral next year, maybe? It's the second closest con to where I live (first being A.I lol), and apparently there's going to be a small hoard of Umineko cosplayers. I'm going as Bernkastel and my friends will be Battler and Lambdadelta.

Oh my god thats so awsome Im trying to pull together School Girl Beatrice for ACEN and my friend wants to be one of the Goat butlers!! We might have enough people for a meetup
Old 2009-10-23, 14:28   Link #229
Endless_Witch_Nipah
BeaBato <3

Send a message via MSN to Endless_Witch_Nipah
Hello ~
Today i present you my Shannon Cosplay 8D
100% Handmade (thanks Mom)
Costume is for Polish Con : Porytkon 3 and 1/3

Spoiler for Shannon Cosplay:

8D

Njoy !
Old 2009-10-23, 15:50   Link #230
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

eh the skirt is so not fluffy. it would be nice if it has a petticoat or something, than again... how would you handle the leg? make a hole in the petticoat? guess there's no other way around it though
i always had trouble imagining how she would look IRL...
Old 2009-10-23, 18:51   Link #231
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Witch_Nipah View Post
Hello ~

Spoiler for Shannon Cosplay:

8D

Njoy !
Whaa Shannon~! The costume is awesome and you're sooo cute ;o;

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
eh the skirt is so not fluffy. it would be nice if it has a petticoat or something, than again... how would you handle the leg? make a hole in the petticoat? guess there's no other way around it though
i always had trouble imagining how she would look IRL...
I always thought the red band near the bottom of the skirt was part of the petticoat showing? o.o; (it's not?)

I guess one could use petticoat netting and sew it around the inside of the skirt while not sewing any on the exposed part, then safety-pinning it or something on the sides so it doesn't 'leak' or show on the exposed part of the skirt.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:08   Link #232
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Send a message via Yahoo to Bernks
Quote:
Hello ~

8D

Njoy !
Well I think it looks great, I guess I can see what the above are saying about the skirt.
Since it is 100% handmade like you said though, I think you did a fantastic job.
Old 2009-10-24, 01:20   Link #233
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Quote:
I always thought the red band near the bottom of the skirt was part of the petticoat showing? o.o; (it's not?)
when i look at the tati, i think the red thing is an underskirt. if you look closely, in the back there's some black material with lace that's shorter than the skirt, i think it would be the petticoat.
Spoiler for full shannon:
you have to zoom a lot to see it though.

Quote:
I guess one could use petticoat netting and sew it around the inside of the skirt while not sewing any on the exposed part, then safety-pinning it or something on the sides so it doesn't 'leak' or show on the exposed part of the skirt.
don't think you need to pin it, if you cut it a little shorter (like, hotizontaly shorter... i dunno how to say it) it shouldn't 'leak' but it still would hold the shape
...i guess?
Old 2009-10-24, 05:10   Link #234
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Hello ~

Njoy !
Very impressive! At the risk of sounding like the sexist pig I am (), I do think it needs some padding, though.

Are you going to do the leg-tattoo?
Old 2009-10-24, 23:48   Link #235
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
My friend did a cosplay of Kyrie for Anime Iowa a few months ago, so I'm gonna post a picture of her and a Jessica that was caught on Camera

Spoiler for size:

The Wig isn't that well styled, even she thinks so. Not sure if she did the Diamond pattern either, but I like it. Not sure who that Jessica is, but if shes a member/current lurker of this forum, and want you edited out or something I'll do it.

Edit: According to my friend, the Jessica might be the rouge :P Reading the posts above, she was also at AI as Jessica XD

Last edited by Tjfarmer; 2009-10-25 at 00:28.
Old 2009-10-25, 00:39   Link #236
ameskitty
Kupo

...haha tis me . Keep it if you wish, I'm not really that bothered. Better than any pics I have at the moment XD.

Old 2009-10-25, 04:41   Link #237
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
My friend did a cosplay of Kyrie for Anime Iowa a few months ago, so I'm gonna post a picture of her and a Jessica that was caught on Camera

Spoiler for size:

The Wig isn't that well styled, even she thinks so. Not sure if she did the Diamond pattern either, but I like it. Not sure who that Jessica is, but if shes a member/current lurker of this forum, and want you edited out or something I'll do it.

Edit: According to my friend, the Jessica might be the rouge :P Reading the posts above, she was also at AI as Jessica XD
O-Oh man guys...I'm the one that took that picture, actually xD; None of the pictures I took of you guys came out very well. Maybe because my hands were shaking from excitement? Haha. The individual pic I got of Kyrie came out bad and this is the only other pic I had of her Dx We joked around on AIM cuz her eyes look blue in this pic xD Should have taken moar though, seriously ;_;

Edit: Ah :0 apparently my friend took some pictures, and she got a waay better pic of you xDD Have some sfx too.
Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by Tsuyi; 2009-10-25 at 06:08.
Old 2009-10-25, 09:04   Link #238
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I plan to be Kinzo for Halloween... ~ But my cloth making skills are close to none. '_'
Old 2009-10-25, 11:54   Link #239
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Heh, lots of people from Iowa I guess :P I know Chafo (the Kyrie up there, nicknames ftw) is fixing up her Kyrie cosplay for next year, but she always had a year to change her mind.

I told her to make me a Lambdadelta cosplay a few months ago, even if I'm a guy, if she makes it I'd fly to Iowa just to wear it around at the con. And to scare people, that's always a plus.
Old 2009-10-25, 13:40   Link #240
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Heh, lots of people from Iowa I guess :P I know Chafo (the Kyrie up there, nicknames ftw) is fixing up her Kyrie cosplay for next year, but she always had a year to change her mind.

I told her to make me a Lambdadelta cosplay a few months ago, even if I'm a guy, if she makes it I'd fly to Iowa just to wear it around at the con. And to scare people, that's always a plus.
Ah yes :0 Apparently she says she wants to try out a few other chars along with Kyrie. I've heard her say Sakutaro, Ange, Bern, Rosa, and Natsuhi xD

LOL 34 trap would be epic! Are you the 'Jello' she keeps referring to btw?
Closed Thread