AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-30, 02:03   Link #1001
Gooral
Banned

Thanks Sagara for translating the chapter.

Deneve's decision isn't exactly rational but she has suicidal tendencies (which is especially visible after Undine died) so... The problem is none of the rest has such well developed regenerative abilities and even a "gentle" tap by any of the ZAOs should prove fatal. If Yagi will start showing us how the (ex)ghosts + Ana and others defend against attacks or even injure these monsters I'm gonna rant again. I'm already beyond breaking point when it comes to Miria's asspulls, now "instead of Miria twins die".
Clare appearing again is no surprise to me, I've said it a month ago taking inot account Claymore having a colored page (who else could be on the cover if not Clare/Priscilla? Deneve? Miria who we've seen constantly for 8 chapters or so?). Yagi should have had a colored page in May but because of the earthquake he didn't but probably he was offered it next time available. Probably he preferred to wait to another big event and what other big even could there be other than Priscilla and Clare escaping from the blob? Add to this that Dae wanted Priscilla to come very much and was sure Priscilla would detect ZAOs and that Yagi likes shounen schematics and I'm 90% sure we will see it happen. What I don't like in the spoiler is that Prisiclla suddenly escaped, meaning she could do it anytime she wanted, lol. I hope Yagi will give us some better explanation.

Anyway, by the looks of it I will be ranting again but I'll be definitely enjoying this chapter if Clare appears and Priscilla escapes which would bring us closer to an end which I think should happen rather sooner than later since Yagi has been out of ingenious ideas for a long time.
Old 2011-11-30, 04:57   Link #1002
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Here is an attempted translation. (I think this spoiler might be real.)

Spoiler:
Looks like someone on Baidu spotted your translation of the spoiler.
From the thread title, sounds as if they are skeptical: "121 English spot spoilers coming,,, oh fresh meat."
Old 2011-11-30, 05:59   Link #1003
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
If Priscilla can take on all 3, I don't think that will last very long. For now, they are pretty much mindless Awakened (if Cassandra is any indication) so they will need some time to return to their senses the way Riful, Isley and Luciela did. But once they get some experience as AOs, I don't think Priscilla stands any significant chance. Riful, who's no fool, said that a team up of her and Luciella should be enough to take on Priscilla (though that may be because of how difficult it is to kill both of them) - and Riful knows what a monster she is. So, if these 3 are at least as powerful as the original AOs she's going to run into some problems.
Priscilla took on awakened Alicia and beth at the same time all while in her human form (all while having to deal with their excellent coordination skills as she commented). Riful seemed to have trouble against just Alicia. I think it's pretty clear that Priscilla is simply in a league of her own and i don't think these three new abyssal ones would pose much of a threat to her unless she is severely weakened due to blob.
Old 2011-11-30, 06:16   Link #1004
Gooral
Banned

In general I agree but we also don't know the power of ZAOs. For all we know each of them could be much, much stronger than Isley/Riful/Luciella. Cassandra for example seems to have the toughest armour we've seen so far.
Old 2011-11-30, 07:29   Link #1005
rafael1932
claymores pimp

So the only way to clare to beat pris is to make dirty tricks ( destroyer + these number 1) ? i was expecting a fair battle between those 2.
Old 2011-11-30, 07:49   Link #1006
manmmlala

Old 2011-11-30, 07:51   Link #1007
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
Spoiler for spoilers:

Fake. Made up Chinese spoiler run through google translate (and probably edited a bit) to make it look like original.

You can see the Chinese residues that google failed to translate in the Japanese spoiler. For example: Yaoqi = 妖気= Youki  routuan = 肉団 = flesh blob (or whatever you call that thing) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for fresh meat: in the Chinese net slang: raw meat (生肉) means raw (manga, anime, game, etc). Raw meat are for those who are really hungry, but might cause digestion problems. Once those are fan-subbed, they become cooked meat (熟肉), ready for general consumption.
Old 2011-11-30, 07:55   Link #1008
Gooral
Banned

Here's a bigger version of the cover: http://www.imagebam.com/image/073fcc162037255

Credit goes to Heiji-sama from MH.

New spoiler (credit goes to Gene from TSS):

Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for google translate:

Anyway, I was wrong about Clare appearing,

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-11-30 at 08:07.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:11   Link #1009
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Here's a bigger version of the cover: http://www.imagebam.com/image/073fcc162037255

Credit goes to Heiji-sama from MH.

New spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for google translate:

Anyway, I was wrong about Clare appearing,
Interesting. I'd like to see the usual title to make sure it is from 2ch. Anyway, the style is different from our previous spoiler provider. Well, the plot sounds plausible and not too contrived, but I don't like the idea of Cassandra suddenly turned from a somewhat timid and reserved figure to some punk who can't say a sentence without dropping the word "sh*t" in between.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:23   Link #1010
Gooral
Banned

Since it's from Gene it probably is legitimate. I doubt I'll like this chapter then but we'll see. I'm afraid though that I'll see more Miria asspulls.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:44   Link #1011
Nixl

What!? Two colored pages with Miria, oh come on....

Well, at least the awakened forms should be fun to see, but it does not sound like much happens.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:50   Link #1012
Gooral
Banned

121 chapter thread has been created in case someone wouldn't notice.
Old 2011-11-30, 09:12   Link #1013
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King
I don't think Priscilla stands any significant chance. Riful, who's no fool, said that a team up of her and Luciella should be enough to take on Priscilla (though that may be because of how difficult it is to kill both of them) - and Riful knows what a monster she is.
Ugh -- not this again: she was wrong. That was her initial idea, but it became apparent to Riful that even teaming up with Luciella wouldn't be enough to actually beat Priscilla; it was just to increase their own chances of survival. That dialog is probably one of the solid pieces of evidence that Pris is beyond "conventional" AO power-levels.

It's like Demon6666 said; in it's own way, Alicia and Beth vs Priscilla was essentially how Riful and Luciella vs Priscilla would have turned out....and we see how quickly the twins didn't last very long.

--

Number 1, that cover is awesome - best cover I've seen in a long time, especially in the face of others like Riful and Dauf where everything is disproportionate and Dauf looks hysterical. I mean yes, I hope we'll get the ZAOS colored eventually, but this makes up for it in my opinion. I like that new spoiler as well more then the old one (ironically, I like it for that Claire ISN'T in it...because it means we may actually get to see what's going on inside the blob and we won't just see the ending and it may/may never see what actually went on inside in some flashback later...or worse, we'll only get some dialog to let us know what happened --- it's something I'm not crazy for and it feels lazy on Yagi's part; an example is Cassandra's flashback chapter which is mostly just black panels with text....really?), and coming from Gene, it's pretty much confirmed to be real.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral
In general I agree but we also don't know the power of ZAOs. For all we know each of them could be much, much stronger than Isley/Riful/Luciella. Cassandra for example seems to have the toughest armour we've seen so far.
I don't know....biggest definitely isn't best; I've mentioned this before, but the more human-sized you are, the better you are rather then this monstrous sized monster that is too big of a target.

Priscilla is still thus far the single strongest force we know, and she is relatively human-sized....now, we've only seen Cassandra, but she is not like that which makes me think she's not quite up there -- sure, as we see from Raciella, you could still be monstrously powerful and humongous, but still...

If we were to look at it all in terms of size...you seem to get bigger and bigger the stronger you are, until suddenly it takes a sharp-turn backward and you return to human-sized proportion...which means that, Cassie at least, could be stronger then Isley/Riful/Luciella (though difficult to really say actually since we don't have a size chart or something); she doesn't however seem to be as big as a mountain though like Raciella, which means the difference may not be so great.

It's all just a theory mind you, especially if we're all dealing with unique case(s), but it's something to be noticed - bigger, definitely isn't better.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-11-30 at 09:35.
Old 2011-11-30, 10:06   Link #1014
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

So do the Ghosts finally arrive in this chapter?

... The chapter 121 thread is up, i guess i didn't see that, oops.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 10:11   Link #1015
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Fake. Made up Chinese spoiler run through google translate (and probably edited a bit) to make it look like original.

You can see the Chinese residues that google failed to translate in the Japanese spoiler. For example: Yaoqi = 妖気= Youki  routuan = 肉団 = flesh blob (or whatever you call that thing) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for fresh meat: in the Chinese net slang: raw meat (生肉) means raw (manga, anime, game, etc). Raw meat are for those who are really hungry, but might cause digestion problems. Once those are fan-subbed, they become cooked meat (熟肉), ready for general consumption.
I didn't create that spoiler I found it on Baidu and you can check the site and you will find it was posted there before here!
Old 2011-11-30, 10:18   Link #1016
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I didn't create that spoiler I found it on Baidu and you can check the site and you will find it was posted there before here!
He's not saying you made it up... only the person whom posted it on baidu made it up (little lost in translation there ). I found that spoiler too, so I know it's out there and can back you up on that. But Tom is just saying the wording of the spoiler is very much for a Chinese audience and there are terms used in it that imply it is another fake spoiler and those are terms that wouldn't be found in a true spoiler originating from Japanese spoiler/raw... therefor implying it is a fake spoiler.

Anyways thanks for posting it little angel, after all it gave us something to talk about for an entire day, true or fake.
Old 2011-11-30, 10:37   Link #1017
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
He's not saying you made it up... only the person whom posted it on baidu made it up (little lost in translation there ). I found that spoiler too, so I know it's out there and can back you up on that. But Tom is just saying the wording of the spoiler is very much for a Chinese audience and there are terms used in it that imply it is another fake spoiler and those are terms that wouldn't be found in a true spoiler originating from Japanese spoiler/raw... therefor implying it is a fake spoiler.

Anyways thanks for posting it little angel, after all it gave us something to talk about for an entire day, true or fake.
well it is my bad I shouldn't said that I should have taken his words like you said .. but anyway it was good even though it appears to be fake because the plot seemed to move nicely in a way that satisfied almost everyone ..
Old 2011-11-30, 11:33   Link #1018
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
well it is my bad I shouldn't said that I should have taken his words like you said .. but anyway it was good even though it appears to be fake because the plot seemed to move nicely in a way that satisfied almost everyone ..
Relax we all have our "oops" moments. On the ch 121 thread I actually asked if the cover page was for the chapter or SQ magazine when it was clear there was no big SQ in the background and a clear ch 121 mark... after my morning caffeine I looked at the image again and went "Oh, god... I must look like an idiot for asking that " So I promptly deleted my post to cover up looking like a fool.