Old 2012-07-05, 00:28   Link #621
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
The four beasts... O_o
All over 100.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:34   Link #622
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I thought they were all exactly 100...fun fact, the earth's population is 30 billion in Toriko
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 01:24   Link #623
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I thought they were all exactly 100...fun fact, the earth's population is 30 billion in Toriko
30 billion people migrated from the border to the center of human world. Presumably that means there are few others who did not migrated, as well as billions more who were already at the center.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:14   Link #624
Qilin
Romanticist

Badass times are a coming.

The jarring abruptness of this chapter aside, this is just what I've been waiting for in this series: Another epic fight (the one against Granny Chiyo was discontinued). This battle should serve as the much needed gateway for Toriko and co. into the Gourmet World.

As a sidenote, why does the translated chapter refer to the the turtle monster as a crustacean?
Old 2012-07-05, 04:51   Link #625
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I don't think the Human World only has 30 billion humans, these are just the people who live on the edges that are in danger of the beasts.

The total human population may very well be over 50 billion.

Also seeing that so much people are living in such a tiny space on the planet, from what I can see, around only 5% of the surface, this planet is gigantic.

Its got to be like at least 10 times the size of earth, a super earth by astronomical standards.

Maybe its because of being under the presence of such a huge gravitational field that the creatures living here develop into such powerful and gigantic monsters. In other words, this planet is insane.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:34   Link #626
marvelB

You know, knowing Toriko at this point I kind of wouldn't be surprised if, after being defeated, the 4 beasts combine together into an even GREATER ultra-powerful monstrocity, not unlike final bosses in RPG games.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:18   Link #627
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Their corpses will sink into the soil and feed the slumbering terror that is...Lavos?
Old 2012-07-06, 03:35   Link #628
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Best part of the whole thing?

Those 4 Beast are probably at best... "Level 5" creatures by Gourmet World standards.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:54   Link #629
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^nah they might be pretty decent, like champion monsters in D3 inferno act 1 xd
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 15:20   Link #630
marvelB

^Well, I think we can be sure that they'd be like a mere amoeba when compared to the GW's strongest nitros, at the very least.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:34   Link #631
marvelB

Next spoilers are out:

Spoiler for Toriko 195:
Old 2012-07-10, 14:51   Link #632
Mazus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Next spoilers are out:

Spoiler for Toriko 195:
Spoiler:
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:35   Link #633
Battler-kun

Ehm, Zebra's transporter is destroying the city already xD

Wow, it's gigantic and its capture level is unknown!
It wouldn't surprise me if it were about as strong as the Four Beasts!
Zebra is gonna have less trouble with dealing his task than the other 3 i guess.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:19   Link #634
lordshadowisle

Since all their pets are already of immeasurable level, surely they can just send those to battle the Four Beasts instead?
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:21   Link #635
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I totally think this could be a tag fight, kings+pets vs beasts. Damn that thing is HUGE! Lol at Zebra turning off the TV
Old 2012-07-11, 09:35   Link #636
Qilin
Romanticist

Once again, Zebra shows off just how badass he is... That Dharma Horse just blows everything else out of the water.

As a point of curiosity, I wonder if this chapter implies that all of the four kings are proficient in food honor (since they were all capable of consuming the bubble fruit) or if it simply means that preparing the bubble fruit in a particular way makes it accessible to anyone, even those without food honor. Which is it?
Old 2012-07-11, 10:03   Link #637
marvelB

^I wouldn't be surprised if the kings had some level of mastery of food honor (well, Zebra is questionable....). But even if they don't, it's already been shown by the Bishokukai that it isn't necessary to master it in order to survive in the Gourmet World.....

But yeah, I want to see more of that badass horse (hey, it's only fitting that a guy named "Zebra" gets a horse, right? ). I know Zebra said he borrowed the creature from a hermit, but I wouldn't be surprised if the beast becomes his "permanent" partner in the end (which would be a little disappointing IMO, since I was kinda hoping he'd get that baby nitro as a partner..... but oh well). Now which of those 4 beasts will he consider to be the cockiest of them all....?

Oh, and I wonder what Ichiryuu was going to say before Zebra cut off his recording? Probably some advice on how to take down the beasts is my guess. Heh, if it isn't like the four heavenly kings to do things the hard way, huh?
Old 2012-07-13, 19:19   Link #638
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

^Yeah he was about the say something important yet Zebra turned down the TV unfortunatelly. Zebra said that let's kill those four beast. But before this chapter it's been said that Ichiryuu only was able to scare them away from human world. So I'm thinking that they are not that easy targets for our newly trained and powered up heavenly kings. They sure are going to get some helps from their pets in this fight sure. I'm looking forward to Rin to record and show what's their exact capture level. I bet these human devouring beast have really high level of capture level since they were only frightened away by Ichiryuu when he was in his younger days. But man I really liked the new pet Zebra is now owning. Well he is not really the owner of the bad but that thing sure looked so cool. He is also gigantic. Zebra just make him fight with those beast rather than going after them himself. Anyways looking for future chapters so much. There will be lots of action and I have been waiting for that moment for a long time. I can't wait to see what kind of new tricks and skills they have under their sleeves.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:35   Link #639
marvelB

You know, I actually think it would be kinda cool if the battle against the 4 beasts sort of takes after Shadow of the Colossus (with the 4 kings climbing all over the beasts' bodies, doing their best to avoid getting killed/eaten while they search for the monsters' "weak points" that are hidden in some obscure area....).
Old 2012-07-18, 14:06   Link #640
marvelB

Time to get this Beast Feast started with some spoiler appetizers:

Spoiler for Toriko 196:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-07-19 at 10:09. Reason: My bad, forgot to delete that stuff after the spoiler tag....

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen