AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 18:00   Link #21
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Without giving away the plot too much, the concept of this series is based on the personal experience of the original author. So there is some realism here which I can relate to.

I'm sure that during our early formative years, we encountered emotions such as being rebellious and anti-establishment in which one think that he is right and everyone else is wrong and being untruthful and hypocritical. Or he is in awe of somebody else and inspired enough to do anything to gain that person's acceptance. And of course we all have at some point in life trying to go out in trying to win an argument, no matter the cost even if it's something trivial in the end.

The series is about those emotions but amplified for dramatic effects.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 08:37   Link #22
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've read some of the manga recently as well, and wondered if this might get an adaptation. It's very, very dark - MGX and Chihayafuru are not good comps at all - a less explicit "Sundome" is closer to the mark.
It's extremely dark, and while I don't usually shy away from stuff like this, Sundome almost feels optimistic in comparison. Truth is, I'm less worried about the adaptation doing "justice" to the source material so much as the wider community that will develop as a result of the anime. Nice boat and all that.
Old 2012-08-06, 08:49   Link #23
Aesthetic Shampoo

The manga is so very twisted and messed in the head, but i love it. I easily imagine myself to be one of the few though, and i can only see this causing people to become more aware of it, but absolutely not even a little popular. I just hope it isn't forced to be taken off the air halfway through or something.

I am very much looking forward to watching this...
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 10:26   Link #24
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

If you ask me, the scene can use more of this type of dark, realistic, thought provoking series.

So more exposure might be good, even if the manga might be offensive to those sensitive lots with it's touchy realistic take on those early emo adolescent years. But I can understand why some people don't want to look back on those young foolish days.

Speaking of which, why doesn't the American release of the manga replicate faithfully what Nakamura is saying on the Japanese cover and opt to put the title in the bubble ?
FYI, she's suppose to say "You piece of useless maggot" and that's what attract me to pick the manga up to read in the first place. Even the official Taiwan Chinese edition translate it faithfully on the cover. Are the American crowds really that sensitive ?
Old 2012-08-06, 14:44   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I certainly agree that more dark and edgy series are a good thing - hell, any series that aren't formulaic or generic is progress. But this one, boy... It's well-written, but I'm just not sure it's something I could actually enjoy. I can't say more in this thread, but I won't hold it against anyone who decides this is not their cup of tea.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:09   Link #26
maximilianjenus
[E]

sounds a lot like fapnote, is the manga/ln over ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:12   Link #27
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The manga is still on-going, with 6 volumes being released. No news on the seventh one yet.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-08-15 at 17:17. Reason: Major Typo!!!
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:14   Link #28
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
sounds a lot like fapnote,
No. Just no. I don't want to spoil anything, but this isn't an ecchi comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
The manga is still on-going, with 7 volumes being released. No news on the eighth one yet.
I thought the manga was ending with Vol. 7? There certainly doesn't seem to be much story left after Vol. 6.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:19   Link #29
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post

I thought the manga was ending with Vol. 7? There certainly doesn't seem to be much story left after Vol. 6.
Sorry, my mistake, there's six volumes currently released with the seventh and possible final one on the way. Sorry, I typed my previous comment on my phone and didn't edit properly. Sorry about that...
Old 2012-08-15, 18:41   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
No. Just no. I don't want to spoil anything, but this isn't an ecchi comedy.
Fapnote refers to Onani Master Kurosawa. One could say it has a similar tone to the story, but for Aku No Hana, it's a bit darker.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:23   Link #31
webkid94
*Author

I just read 32 chapters of this manga in about an hour...and yeah it's really hard to talk about it without outright spoiling it. It is however, extremely addicting to read even though the content is nothing but depressing, and you can't help but notice some similarities to a certain BOAT-like anime. Am surprised to see this getting an anime.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 19:42   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
and you can't help but notice some similarities to a certain BOAT-like anime. Am surprised to see this getting an anime.
School Days is just an soapy teen drama made out of anst. This production, in contrast, has an intelligient angle to it giving us a peek into the human psyche.
Old 2012-08-16, 10:24   Link #33
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Fapnote refers to Onani Master Kurosawa. One could say it has a similar tone to the story, but for Aku No Hana, it's a bit darker.
Thanks, now i will just have to evaluate whether to wait for the anime or just read the manga.

an air date would be definitive.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:33   Link #34
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Fapnote lol... More like Fapper in the Rye .

Anyways the encouragement in this thread has me interested so I'll keep an eye out for this.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 20:29   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Hahahaha what have I just read. The depravity of it all is just extremely amusing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 22:15   Link #36
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hahahaha what have I just read. The depravity of it all is just extremely amusing.
Amusing, yes. But how many of us can truly say that we had never gone down through the alley before ?
Old 2012-08-16, 22:22   Link #37
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Amusing, yes. But how many of us can truly say that we had never gone down through the alley before ?
The large difference is that while most of us have these sort of thoughts, we don't actually act on it. The mindset is intriguing and disturbingly relatable, but it's definitely still the depravity of youth.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:03   Link #38
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The large difference is that while most of us have these sort of thoughts, we don't actually act on it.
The characters had to do that for the drama. Else everything will be too boring.

Quote:
The mindset is intriguing and disturbingly relatable, but it's definitely still the depravity of youth.
That is why I say this show might not sit well with people. It is just too darkly realistic, uncommon for the anime scene.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:42   Link #39
dresden

It's more about adolescent delusions than the supposed depravity. Everything they do has a sad, pathetic edge to it, because it's all they're capable of.
dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:17   Link #40
Marina2

If this show done right, it will be one of the best heavy and dark drama show.

However, its plot will turn some people off for sure.

Tags
avantgarde, romance