2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-22, 17:44   Link #101
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Yeah, nice fanservice but it's being put on way too strong. Isn't this the same Saber that just a few episodes ago was standing naked in front of Shirou without any reservations? Now it's inappropriate for him to see her in the bath, because she isn't attractive enough? And the whole jealousy over a loli bit is more annoying than anything else.

Well at least plot wise things seem to be headed in a good direction.

Oh and the production quality on this episode was horrible.
Saber started to feel things new for Shirou since ep 15 :

-Shirou decides to carry her even if she asks to be left behind
-The recharge scene : Shirou accepts to give away some of his magic circuit (thus, his potential as a magi) to save Saber.
-The recharge scene : Shirou gets "into" Saber's body. They get connected somehow.
-Before the fight : Shirou makes Saber promise him not to use Excalibur again, which shows how much he worries about Saber.
-Before the fight : he grabs her arm to prevent her from falling, you have to take into account that physical contact is very familiar for Japanese and even for Europeans from the Middle Ages.

In ep. 16 :

-Shirou images Saber's lost sword, which makes a greater connection between them.
-Shirou decides to use a Command Spell, thus risking a defeat, to save Saber. He shows her that he chooses her life instead of his.
-Saber witnesses Shirou's past, thus strengthening the spiritual connection.
-Saber sees a very outgoing Ilya... in Shirou's bed. Of course she shouldn't be too worried about a loli, but that loli manages to express things she does not.
+Lolicon are not that rare in Japan... but that's another story
-Saber realizes that she is jealous and that she only considered herself as a fighter rather than a woman, thus, she starts getting a complex with her body being a fighter's, just at the moment she feels the need of seducing Shirou. It's just like the tomboy starting to feel like a girl again...

Only to say that this evolution seems logical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir
WTF!!! A body that in shape is f$%king good! Just look at Miss USA! Shiro shoulda jumped in dat bath and gave saber some LUVE, (j/k). Seriously i mean he didnt even say, "saber you are in shape and that attracts as much or more then rins normal body," (though rins is sexy as hell). Common man! Say somthing to cheer her up, she was like hella down.... sigh i just got so upset after that event happened. Not even a "dont worry saber you are... beautiful."
Yeah, he's a moron... Saber would really have wanted to hear that from him. I felt sad for her back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
Good episode in my books but i don't like how one slash took 7 of berzerker's lives but that's probably how the game plot is so not complaining too much.
It was like that in the game indeed. This sword is supposed to "bring victory", hence the fact that Berserker got defeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir
Anyways good episode. Poor beserker, he had it comming. I just dont get it though, if saber + excalibur could kill berserker's body 7 times with one blow isnt she like the strongest servernt? I mean what other servent could stand up to that? Ah guess ill just have to wait and see... 9/10
You'll discover somebody who truly outruns everybody else...

Last edited by gammaoh; 2006-04-22 at 18:14.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 17:54   Link #102
monster

If the guy with Caster and Assassin is not a magician, how did he get involved in the war?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 17:57   Link #103
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Asking for a spoiler? Wait & see dude
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 18:10   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
If the guy with Caster and Assassin is not a magician, how did he get involved in the war?
There's a lot of background behind it - its better if you just wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Only to say that this evolution seems logical to me.
Indeed, it makes perfect sense - and imo its a perfect Saber. <3

People forget that she is a female, and that she can't act like a emotionless robot all the time.
Old 2006-04-22, 18:16   Link #105
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I don't understand how Illya was sleeping undercover with Shirou? I think Saber is jealous of Illya for some reason.
Saber: "Shirou, I saw your dreams while you were sleeping *frowns face*. You were having nasty thoughts of Illya
Shirou: "what no.. I wouldnt."

i felt like the animators got lazy and said" oh no we aint going to draw Berserker getting killed 5 more times." Archer went through all that trouble and Saber just had to pierce right through Berserker once.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 18:19   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
i felt like the animators got lazy and said" oh no we aint going to draw Berserker getting killed 5 more times." Archer went through all that trouble and Saber just had to pierce right through Berserker once.
Nope, happened in the game.

Its already been said, Caliburn is the sword that brings victory, makes sense to me. ^^
Old 2006-04-22, 18:25   Link #107
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Asking for a spoiler? Wait & see dude
I get a little impatient every now and then.
Old 2006-04-22, 18:43   Link #108
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Hm. Ilya was sleeping prettty down south under the covers. I can't imagine a guy's body having anything comfortable to rest your head on down there.

Especially in the morning.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 18:52   Link #109
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
Hm. Ilya was sleeping prettty down south under the covers. I can't imagine a guy's body having anything comfortable to rest your head on down there.

Especially in the morning.
Her head is on the bed, her arm is over Shirou's ab. I'd say she's pretty comfortable.
Old 2006-04-22, 18:59   Link #110
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

No! She shifted under the covers before Shiro lifted the comforter. She's trying to steal his magic supply!
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 19:01   Link #111
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
She was trying to pull a reverse-dragon.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 20:18   Link #112
Cyz
"Show it to me"

this would be the second time shirou run in to saber in the bathroom.
coincidence? hmm...very suspicious. oh well, more saber fanservice for us
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 20:23   Link #113
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think this show is really starting to pick up. I hadn't thought too much of it earlier, but the past few episodes have been really enjoyable. I want to see more of Cuchullain, even if he is a villain. I would never expect an Irish mythological figure to show up in anime .
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 20:47   Link #114
NeoSlicerZ

Wow after seeing ep 16, I wonder... Shirou's imaging speech for the second time was rather like a precursor to UBW's chant.
NeoSlicerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 20:53   Link #115
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Saber is so jealous whenever Ilya is clinging to Shirou

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:10   Link #116
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Good episode. The fight at the beginning was certainly the highlight, and it carried the perfect amount of atmosphere and tension that's become a staple for F/SN.

I laugh at the fact that Shirou's harem has grown. I don't mind that he's taken Ilya in that much since it's certainly within the bounds of his character. So, in that respect, it makes perfect sense. As does Caster going after Sakura. I also don't care if, post ep 16, they write a new plot that's independent of the game (mostly because I didn't play the game), provided it carries a compelling story that smoothly fits with the one we've been shown so far. If they do that much, then it'll get my thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Am I the only one who's getting mildly annoyed because Saber suddenly displays way too many feelings? Oh well, guess it's the aftermath of ep 15. Hope the series gets fixed a bit.
It's good that she's developed, but I think it's happened a bit too quickly, and hence is a bit difficult to swallow. It really was only because of the mana regen that she changed from her aloof, serious nature to her now slightly shy and more human self. Now that I think about it, if there's a tsundere character in this anime, it's Saber, not Rin.

Anyway, I suppose it's only a minor aspect, since this anime is far more plot-driven than it is character-driven.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:30   Link #117
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Not sure if this was posted before, but is it me or are they showing the guy at the end of the Opening(*cough starts with a G) a little bit at a time for each new episode now.

From 15, we couldn't see his eyes, in 16, we can! Or was it a mistake before?

Last edited by Nvis; 2006-04-22 at 21:40.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:38   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Am I the only one who's getting mildly annoyed because Saber suddenly displays way too many feelings? Oh well, guess it's the aftermath of ep 15. Hope the series gets fixed a bit.
Gets fixed i bit? I believe its something called 'Character Development', and as you can see.. it works towards the big picture that is the main story.
Old 2006-04-22, 21:46   Link #119
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
I get a little impatient every now and then.
I'll give you 3 clues.

Spoiler for super minor hints:

Do your own maths from there.

This episode was pretty decent. Fanservice aside, it did feature some decent character development and okay action, even if I feel the Caliburn scene was merely so so. It's not that much different from the game, but it didn't feel "epic".

Next episode will be s-x-e. Kuzuki vs Saber.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:49   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I'll give you 3 clues.

Spoiler for super minor hints:

Do your own maths from there.
I couldn't have said it better myself. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Next episode will be s-x-e. Kuzuki vs Saber.
Lets hope it comes out well.. 'cause we know how the fight goes. ^^;