Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-15, 22:16   Link #1301
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Teacher Rips Student's Cheeks Off

Quote:
On December 18th, 2008, a 10 year-old 5th grader named Chao Qun Zheng went to his elementary school in HeNan, China.
When his teacher, Guo, found out that young Zheng had not completed his homework, she flipped out.
“She was very angry at the time,” he said. “She ripped and twisted my cheeks with both her hands and then she lifted me off the ground.”

The teacher held the boy up until one of his cheeks actually ripped off and the boy was bleeding profusely.
Without hesitation the teacher reached down and picked up Zheng’s cheek skin, put it on his face, and instructed the boy go home immediately.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:01   Link #1302
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
That is certainly scary..

However, it appears that law by international standards seem to be malfunctional in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDFMASTER View Post
Airplane Crash in Hudson River, Pilot Skills saved Everyone

New York
01/15/2009
What an impressive sight!

(Fortunately, everybody onboard were safe!!)
Old 2009-01-16, 00:01   Link #1303
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its so rare to see almost everyone thinking and doing the right thing at the right time in a surreal situation.

The ferry boats apparently practice for boat or air disasters once a month .. it paid off.
The captain is not only a skilled pilot but runs his own safety consulting firm.
Everyone on the exit aisles were apparently up to the task of getting the doors open. I've been known to suggest I swap out with someone I don't think can handle that duty.
Everyone on the plane seemed to understand - quick and quietly.
No one panicked at the prospect of taking a swim in the Hudson in January.

Just kind of amazing.... everyone involved should get some kind of cheer...
Old 2009-01-16, 01:44   Link #1304
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
That is certainly scary..

However, it appears that law by international standards seem to be malfunctional in China.
sadly, abuse by teachers in China is not at all uncommon. A couple years ago there was a guy who had raped like half the girls in his class, who were aged 7-15.

Actually, abuse at all levels of society in China is totally out of control, due to a completely twisting of morals and lack of law.
Old 2009-01-16, 02:09   Link #1305
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Makes you wonder when the society will explode.... that can't be sustainable...
Old 2009-01-17, 03:03   Link #1306
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:

New York
01/15/2009

A US Airways jetliner with 150 passengers and 5 crew members plunged into the icy Hudson River on Thursday afternoon less than five minutes after taking off from LaGuardia Airport. A spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration said everyone on board escaped safely.

Moments after the plane, a twin jet Airbus A320 #1549 bound for Charlotte, North Caroline crash in the Hudson river at 3:30 PM EST in New York City. The Airplane crash aproximated crash close to West 42 Street and New Jersey. Base on the investigation of F.A.A. (Federal Aviation Administration) the airplane may have crash due to a some birds have been sucked into the jet engines; however, this situation are highly rare to happen.
The company responsible of the airplane's engine manufactures explain there isn't problem with the airplane ages and anything relate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was around there when that happen, thanks god everyone was saved. The pilot must get a honor for this.

Sources

I have a question do I am allow to put links about news or to written down myself?

Ahh... this is skillz!! Not luck!
Old 2009-01-17, 03:14   Link #1307
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I'm getting very angry at the stupid politicians and media dorks who keep calling it a "miracle". Its a damned good example of skill, training, and execution.... a disservice and insult to all the people who pulled it off to call it a "miracle".
Old 2009-01-17, 05:05   Link #1308
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's a miracle all that training and skill wasn't budget cut years ago!
Old 2009-01-17, 05:31   Link #1309
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:

New York
01/15/2009

A US Airways jetliner with 150 passengers and 5 crew members plunged into the icy Hudson River on Thursday afternoon less than five minutes after taking off from LaGuardia Airport. A spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration said everyone on board escaped safely.

Moments after the plane, a twin jet Airbus A320 #1549 bound for Charlotte, North Caroline crash in the Hudson river at 3:30 PM EST in New York City. The Airplane crash aproximated crash close to West 42 Street and New Jersey. Base on the investigation of F.A.A. (Federal Aviation Administration) the airplane may have crash due to a some birds have been sucked into the jet engines; however, this situation are highly rare to happen.
The company responsible of the airplane's engine manufactures explain there isn't problem with the airplane ages and anything relate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was around there when that happen, thanks god everyone was saved. The pilot must get a honor for this.

Sources

I have a question do I am allow to put links about news or to written down myself?
I've read this on the morning paper today.

That's really good piloting skills, one of the witnesses to the crash even said it looked like a very controlled descent.
Old 2009-01-17, 08:25   Link #1310
Tiberium Wolf

And these days we thought all pilots were just pushing the auto pilot button and that's it.
Old 2009-01-17, 09:10   Link #1311
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
And these days we thought all pilots were just pushing the auto pilot button and that's it.
Nah, pilots seem to really be pushed to their limits as of lately
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7198598.stm

Story follows up here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7196526.stm
In pictures:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7194201.stm

This happened a while ago though, but it was pretty damn leet skillz from the pilot too, luckily no one died.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-01-18, 00:12   Link #1312
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Everyone involved in the incident should be given a pat on the back. Little panic + textbook perfect rescue = 0 deaths. I'll like to think that the "miracle" comment was to give the Man Upstairs a nod in addition to everyone else.
Old 2009-01-18, 14:11   Link #1313
sa547
*Author

That kind of water landing is exceptional; normally, most landings of that type sometimes ends in a lethal cartwheel crash when one wing dips too far into the water. I'll never know what caused the crash, but the important thing is that all lives have been spared.

-----

Lately, there at least one friend within my bloglist has found herself victimized by Conficker. Darn, being the resident worm killer, looks like I'll be having my hands full within the next few weeks.
Old 2009-01-19, 02:20   Link #1314
Shadow Kira01

New Zealand Prime Minister breaks his arm

Not sure how it happened.. Probably just unlucky.
Old 2009-01-19, 03:40   Link #1315
Tiberium Wolf

Another aircraft grounded after hitting bird

OMG! Look at the picture. There is a freaking hole! How can this be? Was the eli made of wood or something?
Old 2009-01-19, 03:54   Link #1316
FateAnomaly

Either the birds are getting dumber or they are Al Qeada trained suicide birds lol.
Old 2009-01-19, 04:44   Link #1317
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Another aircraft grounded after hitting bird

OMG! Look at the picture. There is a freaking hole! How can this be? Was the eli made of wood or something?
hahahahahahaha
(that's a funny news post)
I can understand birds messing up the engines of an aeroplane (somehow)

But think about it. If the bird was flying at high speed and the helicopter was flying at high speed, the collision of both would create some damage
(though, we'd think the bird would just go 'splat')

I'm sure there's some physics behind the forces of impact and the rest~
Or simply there was a tiny bomb tied to it's feet in a roll of paper

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-01-19, 05:12   Link #1318
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Hero pilot was well-prepared for air crisis

Quote:
NEW YORK (Jan 19, 2009): Captain Chesley Sullenberger spent practically his whole life preparing for the five-minute crucible that was US Airways Flight 1549.

He got his pilot's licence at 14, was named best aviator in his class at the Air Force Academy, flew fighter jets in the United States Air Force, investigated air disasters, mastered glider flying, and even studied the psychology of how cockpit crews behave in a crisis.

When the ultimate test came on a descent over the Hudson River, he spoke into the intercom only once, and gave perhaps the most terrifying instruction a pilot can give — "brace for impact" — with remarkable calm.

"This is someone who has not just spent his life flying airplanes, but has actually dug very deeply into what makes these things work, and I think he proved it," said Mr Robert Bea, a civil engineer who has known Capt Sullenberger for a year.

His wife, Lorraine, said she was surprised — but not shocked — to learn about her husband's heroics. "This is the Sully I know. I always knew he would react. So, to me, this is not something unusual."

ASSOCIATED PRESS, BLOOMBERG
Old 2009-01-19, 07:32   Link #1319
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
But think about it. If the bird was flying at high speed and the helicopter was flying at high speed, the collision of both would create some damage
(though, we'd think the bird would just go 'splat')

I'm sure there's some physics behind the forces of impact and the rest~
Or simply there was a tiny bomb tied to it's feet in a roll of paper
Doesn't help that modern Aircrafts are made of lightweight alloys.

Even military aircraft runways have to clear off all avians before they allow the fighters to be taxi in.
Old 2009-01-19, 11:27   Link #1320
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Heaven sent: Catseye Beach on Hamilton Island. (PHOTO: www.totaltravel.com.au)

Massive interest for dream job
Quote:
Hamilton Island, Australia (Jan 15): Tourism officials in Australia have been inundated with applications for what they had described as "the best job in the world". A website set up to accept applications crashed after receiving more than one million hits in three days.

The job, on a tropical island, requires no formal qualifications except being willing to swim, snorkel, and sail. In return, the successful applicant will receive a salary of A$150,000 (US$103,000) for six months.

He will also get to live rent-free in a three-bedroom villa, complete with a pool.

The post, advertised as "caretaker" on Hamilton Island in Australia's Whitsunday Islands, attracted so much interest the tourism department had to upgrade from one server to 10.

The new recruit will work for just 12 hours a month. Duties include feeding some of the hundreds of species of fish and collecting the island's mail. He will also need to produce a blog, a photo diary and video updates to attract tourists to the area.

Over 2,000 video applications have already been received, and today a team of 10 people will start sifting through them. Tens of thousands more are expected before the Feb 22 deadline.

- BBC NEWS
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international