Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 18:22   Link #301
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Why? He gave himself away by not knowing Tonton was a pig. How could Sakura not figure out that Neji was the clone after that? Sakura lucked out that a pig with a name got hurt.
A little late on the draw, but you can't really discredit Sakura for her effort...It's not like White Zetsu clones are as infallible at disguise as John Carpenter's The Thing, so it's not necessarily that Sakura lucked out, but that the clones are just kinda...dumb...

Though dumb is as dumb does, and last week's filler was extremely painful...Usually I'm one of the people that won't mind filler if it has a bit of manga canon to push but this didn't, so it felt incredibly unnecessary, since everything that happened in the cave contributed nothing...Coincidentally, the canon material does leave a lot of room for desire, but this isn't what I had in mind...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:10   Link #302
AnimeFan188

I just remembered. Back in Naruto Shippuden Episode 241 ("Kakashi, My Eternal
Rival!"), it was mentioned that there was a rumor that the enemy had a way of
disguising themselves that included even disguising their chakra.

It looks like the rumor was true!

I'm surprised a filler episode like that contained something so relevant.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:52   Link #303
Jerseykid

Next week's episode looks like the worst episode in the history of episodes
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:08   Link #304
ookamigirl

White Zatsu still playing his transformation games.
Lots of flashbacks this time.
Deidara free again, not good.
Luckily the caught him pretty quick.
Wow, Sasuke made an appearance after a long time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:44   Link #305
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Next week's episode looks like the worst episode in the history of episodes
Disagree. It has Shikamaru's mom. Even the suck that is Konohamaru filler cannot bring that down. This week was the worst episode in the history of episodes. Actually it wasn't. I just like engaging in silly hyperbole. It was just sort of boring.

And people wanted Akatsuki filler? This is what it would have been like and fans would of complained.

Although it was funny how you only have to change the hair a little and Kurotsuchi looks like Sasuke anyway. Put a wig on her, throw on something similar to Sasuke's silly outfit, and she wouldn't have needed to henge.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-09-20 at 18:49.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 11:48   Link #306
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And people wanted Akatsuki filler? This is what it would have been like and fans would of complained.
yea lol. i always wanted akatsuki filler, but if it would have been like this then no thanks. the animation team has no balls. they unleashed deidara and just showed us the same old tired moves and then he was sealed so easily again. the first time he got sealed in the puppet in the canon material was too easy but at least there was the surprise element sort of, but a second time? in his fight vs sharingan he was shown to adapt and learn from being fooled. deidara was frikkin awesome when alive and he's made to look like a newbie jounin rank since his return as ET
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 13:39   Link #307
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the animation team has no balls.
I guess they didn't want to embarrass the manga creator, since all the other revived characters have been nothing but a joke so far. At least the anime team made Deidara do something.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:17   Link #308
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was still pretty sad. I mean come on Deidara did get caught once, but let's pretend he did have actual skills at one point. I remember back when Akatsuki members were actually intimidating . I just felt bad for Deidara in this one. Goes from a guy who caught Gaara to just a fool for a weak filler episode.

In the end they can't have a filler episode do anything that might get in the way of the real episodes. So Deidara can run around, but can't really kill anyone and has to go right back into the same prison as before.
Old 2012-09-27, 08:59   Link #309
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Ok! Imo this was the most ridiculous filler episode I ever saw. The only upside we had. Was seeing Shikamaru's mom. Who is hot btv! Tho all mom's are hot in Naruto!
Old 2012-09-27, 11:21   Link #310
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^What happened? What made it ridiculous? trying to contemplate whether I should bother wasting 20 minutes
Old 2012-09-27, 11:40   Link #311
ookamigirl

Wow!
This sure was a filler....
Konohamaru and his friends have amazing imagination.
It's a good thing it was only a circus.
The attack of the sumo fighters was just ridicules.
Well, I was impressed with Konohamaru's rasengan.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:19   Link #312
Ushio the Omega

Okay this is weird according to the listings of future episodes we get 2 manga based episodes starting next week then back to filler

But the filler episodes are all titled after the Edo Tensei who were beaten off screen in the manga

Who knows how they will turn out but as all Naruto anime original material sucks i'm not really looking forward to cool looking characters being beaten in shit ways as is the most likely thing to happen with this shit anime team.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:32   Link #313
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Looks like the filer temporarily lifts next week...Do you ever wonder if the anime team are really brainless zombies whose only skill is to animate other people's stories?

No one should give these people creative license...these fillers are like bad horror movies. The kind that are so bad, they should be funny, but aren't, like Abraham Lincon Vampire Slayer. T-T
Old 2012-09-27, 13:33   Link #314
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Other than Shikamaru's mom Yoshino being a sexy MILF, there was no point to this episode.

So next two are canon and back to filler? Kishi did skip a lot of the war. But if we really did need to know about Pakura and the swordsmen, he would of written about it in the manga. So it is filler fluff. And I don't trust the anime to make anything interesting. As that Deidara episode proved.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:32   Link #315
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So is the next episode back to the plot or not quite yet?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:37   Link #316
Arjento

Wow.

"Curry Of Life" has been overtaken as the worst filler episode.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 17:00   Link #317
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So is the next episode back to the plot or not quite yet?
Yep, next episode is canon.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:57   Link #318
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Wow.

"Curry Of Life" has been overtaken as the worst filler episode.
For me the absolute worst episode is Team Gai vs Team Gai Clones. It was randomly put between two canon episodes, in the save Gaara arc. Although i didn't see this "curry of life" episode but it can't possibly be worse than the team gai episode.

This episode with the moms and children could have been good if the anime team were able to write a story for one episode, but they failed miserably. The moms attacking with frying pans and such was simply dumb and sexist. The moms of both Naruto and Sasuke were chuunin or jounin level ninja, why is it that these moms looked like average housewives. Some of them should be able to perform some ninja techniques, even if it's only some exploding tags. They attacked the bad guys like a bunch of idiots would do, one would expect them to be smarter, so if they lack raw power and jutsu then let them be smart. The bad guys were also a bunch of morons, instead of being real missing nins and other real criminals who try to take advantage of the war. And finally, where was Kurenai? She could have used real high level genjutsu on the criminals, genjutsu doesn't require her to run and jump around.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:31   Link #319
Excelion

Don't forget the random traveling circus! I'm not sure why the fillers and movies do stuff that feels outside of the realm of the Narutoverse instead of keeping it plausible.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:00   Link #320
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Because filler has mostly been a way for characters to show off moves we've already seen.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion