AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2022-01-15, 08:43   Link #1
silenceblade

What happens after a series is completed?

The most enjoyable part of a series is the journey where you get to buy merchanise and discuss online about the story.

What do you do after everything is done? Do you put everything away in a closet and forget about it? At least that is what I do.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 11:42   Link #2
Mazryonh

If the series is memorable in a good way, I'll rewatch it from time to time. If it's not, I'll sell the discs and merchandise to someone else. If I'm really into the series and want more after it's over, I'll check out fan works like fanfiction and doujinshi titles.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 11:47   Link #3
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
The most enjoyable part of a series is the journey where you get to buy merchanise and discuss online about the story.

What do you do after everything is done? Do you put everything away in a closet and forget about it? At least that is what I do.
I tend to revisit a series a few years later to see if I get anything new out of it. Sometimes I don't, but other times, I gain an entirely new experience.
Old 2022-01-15, 14:46   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
That's not really the most enjoyable part for me. If an anime show is truly good then the best part is watching it & feeling it.

Buying merch & discussing it online are tertiary activities that I can do without (I grew up in the 90s before the common internet era btw). As an anime fan, I think what matters most is enjoying the anime itself. And if the shows are over with definitive endings without any continuation (eg. Cowboy Bebop & FMA), it's okay to distance myself from it while the shows themselves stuck in my mind. And if a show is a joy to watch, I'll rewatch it maybe once every 2-5 years or during its anniversary. If I don't want to watch the show again (eg. because it's too sad), I'll just check out reviews of it that comes out from time to time (ditto for reaction videos).

You can also watch in horror when some companies either decide to remake, reboot or continue your precious shows and came up with something bad. Or even worse, watch some companies making live-action versions of your shows just to shit all over them .
Old 2022-01-15, 17:00   Link #5
silenceblade

When you reread a series after it ended you notice several possiblities that are never mentioned.

For example, pokemon games have secrets event that are discovered years after they are completed.
It stress me out that I don't have anyone to discuss it with.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 18:29   Link #6
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That's why I have a blog: it allows me to share my thoughts after the fact, and then people can share their insights, too. I've found forums and social media to be far too unreliable for having any meaningful conversations about deeper and more interesting aspects of anime.
Old 2022-01-28, 03:25   Link #7
X207
Gamyūsa

for the most part i avoid rewatching some series if they are too many seasons or episodes. Initial D for example is very dangerous. i see a se1 battle and i must see the other battles which ends up binging the complete series that has been broadcasted. any 12-13 episode series is fair game but i know other series are too tempting to binge.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 16:58   Link #8
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
for the most part i avoid rewatching some series if they are too many seasons or episodes. Initial D for example is very dangerous. i see a se1 battle and i must see the other battles which ends up binging the complete series that has been broadcasted. any 12-13 episode series is fair game but i know other series are too tempting to binge.
funny timing. I was looking at possible new seasons I missed since I last watched around 2008
depending on the series, I may watch selected parts (most often) but rarely the whole thing again. there are some exceptions.