AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.64%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-18, 17:37   Link #41
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Damn... I think I know what I'll need for a new avatar. Looking forward to subs to get a better grasp of things but much improved animation this time around.

Spoiler for Araragi:

And...

Spoiler for ep 11 highlights:

Last edited by SageGaiGar; 2009-09-18 at 17:49.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 18:43   Link #42
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
You just have to watch DVD/BRD commercial for "that"

http://www.bakemonogatari.com/special/dvd05_cm15.html

(sugar sweet nightmare seems promising)
If that is the theme they are going to use for Tsubasa then damn..... I'm in love for the fifth time for the past 11 weeks!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 19:02   Link #43
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
SHAFT would be silly to introduce a Tsubasa OP next week... if it was ready it should've been used this week instead of Staple Staple. I wonder if Staple Staple will even be included in any DVD episode aside from Ep 2... Anyway Ep 12 better have no OP shown period.. use up that extra 90 seconds SHAFT, you need it.
Silly? Next episode is the last episode that will be aired on TV, and quite possibly the last episode to be aired in high definition (I don't know if it airs in actual HD, I'm just sayin'). I'd rather the new OP be aired next episode than having it air in one of the streamed episodes. Unless, of course, that means another ep 10, or if the streamed episodes will air in high-high quality.

And it's not like they can't just extend the amount of time the episode has overall by a minute or so, or cut through the ED like they do during the climax episodes.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 19:06   Link #44
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Silly? Next episode is the last episode that will be aired on TV, and quite possibly the last episode to be aired in high definition (I don't know if it airs in actual HD, I'm just sayin'). I'd rather the new OP be aired next episode than having it air in one of the streamed episodes. Unless, of course, that means another ep 10, or if the streamed episodes will air in high-high quality.

And it's not like they can't just extend the amount of time the episode has overall by a minute or so, or cut through the ED like they do during the climax episodes.
I think it would be topically impossible to run the Tsubasa OP next episode.
Old 2009-09-18, 19:25   Link #45
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

One can dream.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:34   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

Have SHAFT announced details on how and when they will be streaming episodes 13-15?

Quote:
Silly?
Yes it will be silly, you'll see why after you watch 12. Tsubasa OP should've been in this episode period. I'm guessing it wasn't ready so SHAFT went with the Hitagi OP. Trust me I wanted to see a HD version of Tsubasa's OP as well...

Quote:
I think they'll use the ED "animation" time for the actual episode as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 20:36   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Phew... The animation went back to normal... Thanks for the hard work, staff...

The episode... I guess it was interesting, but I didn't really get what the whole arc is (going to be) about, this Tsubasa Cat thing... So I guess the part with Hanekawa was interesting, but at the same time, kind of felt... "Heh~ *mind else where"
Either way, the actual flashback was funnier than serious, for various reasons...

Well, Nadeko appeared, so that's all I needed.
...And this OP... The focus character hasn't even gotten an appearance for a while though, staff? Let's use Nadeko's OP again, Nadeko's!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 20:43   Link #48
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes it will be silly, you'll see why after you watch 12.
I like how it sounds as if you know how this is all going to pan out. Or at least, what the OP will be like.

From the sound of it, this arc won't be following the novels as closely as the previous arcs did, so your reasoning has left me a bit more than just confused.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:53   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I like how it sounds as if you know how this is all going to pan out.
Actually I do, since I've read the chapter that episode 12 is adapting.

Quote:
Or at least, what the OP will be like.
It's a Tsubasa OP, I don't need to know what else it will be like since that alone is enough.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 21:33   Link #50
guanin
Jiii~

Since when have they been broadcasting in HD? From ep 1?

Dang I want subs nao, It's much more confusing if you only know one word in the sentence, lol.

But Neko-mode Hanekawa said "Master", so does the cat consider Hanekawa its Master?

Although its still a no show for Tsundere-chan. -_-
Old 2009-09-18, 22:31   Link #51
zato_1one

What puzzled me and also made me was when Araragi suddenly tried to touch Nadeko and lifted up her skirt. I really want to know what he was talking about when he came to his sense after that.

Nadeko's expression is priceless. BGM is great too.
Old 2009-09-18, 23:16   Link #52
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
What puzzled me and also made me was when Araragi suddenly tried to touch Nadeko and lifted up her skirt. I really want to know what he was talking about when he came to his sense after that.

Nadeko's expression is priceless. BGM is great too.
Lol, that scene also deserved a mention. What he said after, I think he was talking about how she doesn't understand what a man feels or what he plans to do, after that Nadeko changed the topic to Shinobu-chan.

Last edited by guanin; 2009-09-18 at 23:27.
guanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:22   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This episode was filled with information and so many clues to the history about the two major roles, Hanekawa and Shinobu. So of course, the episode had to have lots of distraction. Sengoku's cuteness was magnified in the episode by 10 fold. Most of those moments were screen capped in this thread by humbly yours, me. Araragi was baffled through out. What was he investigating when he tugged on her skirt? If there is a bloomer underneath? Is she wearing a bloomer? She can't be wearing a school mijugi for she just handed that to Araragi. But wait,.... that's not her school mijugi. So the possibility she is wearing a school mijugi underneath cannot be discounted. Possibilities are endless.

I can totally empathize with Araragi's curiosity.

The episode was so much enjoyable.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:30   Link #54
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I hope the subs come out early... I am really expecting so much for this arc.
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:09   Link #55
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Araragi was baffled through out. What was he investigating when he tugged on her skirt? If there is a bloomer underneath? Is she wearing a bloomer? She can't be wearing a school mijugi for she just handed that to Araragi. But wait,.... that's not her school mijugi. So the possibility she is wearing a school mijugi underneath cannot be discounted. Possibilities are endless.
Yeah, that confused me too. I can't imagine it being because he wanted to check for the snake marks since he went for her hair first, but that was the only conclusion I could come to.

Anyone feel like throwing novel spoilers at me if they explain it there?
Old 2009-09-19, 00:18   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

Anyone feel like throwing novel spoilers at me if they explain it there?
Ask this question to the very nice Ickem or Hei, or any other novel reader who checks the Bakemonogatari Novel Discussion thread. Considering this is a pretty good tease of a mystery, other anime-only viewers might want to enjoy speculating it here. We don't want to ruin anyone's fun, now do we?.... well providing there is indeed a clear-cut answer...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 02:00   Link #57
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's almost funny to me what a 'normal' level of animation in this series is, because it's still somewhat dismal compared to even B-level anime out there. Oh well, at least it's written well, but I still think this series was an abomination to the genre that is animated anime. lol

But yeah, last episode... That was an assault against God.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 02:03   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I didn't really have any complaints about ep10, but boy was this ep enjoyable. Terrific backgrounds. Intriguing story. And Hanazawa Kana (Sengoku) at her moe finest.

And cat girl Hanekawa leaping on the guy's back was so well drawn. Reminded me of the great little vampire flick Let the Right One In. Or of Shinobu giving strength to Araragi in an earlier episode.

I only have two little points of dissatisfaction: bring back Senjougahara, and when will Shinobu (I mean Aya) speak?

SuperKnuckles, how do you define animation? If it's just lots of smooth movement, then I see what you mean. But the drawing, colours, and visual rhythms of this show are aesthetically so great that they are in the top one percent of anime, as far as I am concerned.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 02:08   Link #59
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Exactly. It's the animated part that defines animation. Even many bad anime usually emphasize on movement, but it doesn't automatically mean it's good. This show is really weird, because it's more like reading a book or an audio-book to be more precise. Or even a graphic novel game without a button to click.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 02:12   Link #60
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
It's almost funny to me what a 'normal' level of animation in this series is, because it's still somewhat dismal compared to even B-level anime out there. Oh well, at least it's written well, but I still think this series was an abomination to the genre that is animated anime. lol

But yeah, last episode... That was an assault against God.
Totally disagree with this. Because in my opinion, even if some parts of it looked like a slide show but this series still has one of the best visual in this season. The fighting scene was awesome too. It's nothing I can see in average animation anime.