AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-14, 23:23   Link #21
Joe Dalton

just because its not in the manga doesnt mean its filler... the anime hardly has time for fillers anyway.
Old 2004-06-14, 23:27   Link #22
Drognen

I was talking about before he got the p-philosipher's stone. He still almost accomplished it. he just went overboard I'm guessing.
Old 2004-06-14, 23:53   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
just because its not in the manga doesnt mean its filler... the anime hardly has time for fillers anyway.
Well, I'd call that Psiren episode a definite filler... also even in the manga there are plenty of filler stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognen
I was talking about before he got the p-philosipher's stone. He still almost accomplished it. he just went overboard I'm guessing.
I thought that was a boy? Anyway I always think that when one performs human transmutation without souls invovled, it's not gonna require the alchemist's body parts. Tucker successfully merging human and animal (which could be as hard as, if not harder than, to cure the pretrification disease), and that crystal alchemist successfully turned humans into pseudo philosopher's stone, which I suppose also involved complicated decomposition and reconstruction of human body matters. Besides he is an alchemist chosen by the Sins, so he should be quite talented to begin with.
Old 2004-06-14, 23:57   Link #24
Ducknuckle

can a manga even have a filler?
Old 2004-06-15, 00:00   Link #25
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducknuckle
can a manga even have a filler?
why not? I've seen plenty of manga with filler stuff or even entire filler chapters... say some side-quests in Inuyasha...
Old 2004-06-15, 08:53   Link #26
Drognen

Okay, last time I'll post on this topic, I swear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamless
Anyway I always think that when one performs human transmutation without souls invovled, it's not gonna require the alchemist's body parts
So what prevents them from bringing back body parts? Why couldn't they cure the red water disease with alchemy? I'm really not trying to be a ----head. I just believe that this episode had some serious implications aside from
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-15, 09:19   Link #27
dreamless

well, maybe because they don't understand it. they don't understand how the red water disease affect people, so they can't cure it with alchemy. about the body parts, I guess someone said that the Elric brothers want their original body parts, and I guess they don't really understand what happened to their body parts, so can't bring them back? and now Ed finds out where his arm and leg go...

and
Spoiler:

And I don't really understand what "implications" you are trying to imply here... I think that guy is supposed to be a talented alchemist, maybe on Tucker or Ed level.
Old 2004-06-15, 18:18   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To DNE.

It would be better for you to modify your post. Read the rules!

On Topic:
Although a filler, this episode caught my eye for its sad and depressive plot.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-16, 14:49   Link #29
DNE
Kyo!

WTF?i didnt even ask for links to download etc, i was just asking if it has been subbed by anyone, how the hell is that agaisnt the rules?

here's what it says

Quote:
Do not ask for or post links to licensed anime or manga
did i ask for links? No....
Old 2004-06-16, 15:30   Link #30
imakewaterz0r

Send a message via AIM to imakewaterz0r
OMG THIS EPISODE ISNT AS GOOD AS THE REST(means it sucks) its ok if you dont watch it
Old 2004-06-16, 22:12   Link #31
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

This was a boring episode IMO. How many times does it have to be repeated that Gluttony like to eat people and that he's hungry? He's my least favorite Sin because of that =D. Other than that, nothing much is learned from Lust.
Old 2004-06-17, 02:31   Link #32
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
eh, this episode was ok, i thought lust showed a sensitive, kind side to her lol. anyways, i was curious about marco san, did he die? i don't remember seeing him die but was it implied?
Old 2004-06-17, 05:40   Link #33
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
That was a great episode. It was a total filler but I thought it was alot better than most of the plot-heavy episodes. I loved how the bulk of the episode built up for the heartwrenching ending.
Spoiler:
I think it's alot easier to appreciate the episode if you're not looking for significant developments in the plot and just took it as a standalone episode. And does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the last scene and whether it's in an OST? The one with the haunting vocals.

Last edited by Seta; 2004-06-17 at 06:45.
Old 2004-06-17, 08:19   Link #34
Kiro
chocolate overdose

for me that episode was almost on par with the uber-cruel episode, where nina ends up as bloodstain on a wall. i'm still a little shaken up from seeing episode 35. yeah, no real story development but definatly worth watching, unless you just had lunch.
Old 2004-06-17, 08:53   Link #35
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Smile

Well, first time poster here, but I've been reading the forum for quite some time. To be honest, I didn't really feel this was a very good episode, but it was, at least, interesting. Lust seems like she has a deeper character now, and that's always a good thing for a villain in any given series.
But I sure as hell hope the pace picks up again on the next couple of episodes.
Old 2004-06-17, 08:53   Link #36
Knuckles

I have one question about the end of episode 35
Spoiler for end of episode 35:

On anothe note, I thought the episode was quite good for what it was, a filler
it does not seem to progress the story one bit but intersting inside info on Lust
nevertheless.
Old 2004-06-17, 09:20   Link #37
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles
I have one question about the end of episode 35
Spoiler for end of episode 35:

On anothe note, I thought the episode was quite good for what it was, a filler
it does not seem to progress the story one bit but intersting inside info on Lust
nevertheless.
I think
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-17, 11:17   Link #38
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I thought the episode was average, the most important thing was that lust seems to have memories of her past before someone tried to perform human transmution on her dead body. She seems to have memories of her original self for some reason.

My theory on why lust killed him was that he was useless. THe whole point of giving him a stone 2 years ago was that he would seek the real philosopher stone after the fake one lost its power. But he just ended up back with her and she killed him and everyone in the village.

My only question about the episode was why the girl died so suddenly when she found out what happened. she didn't seem to be that sick before.. was it lust that killed her?
Old 2004-06-17, 11:35   Link #39
dreamless

I think the timing of that girl's death is just a story loophole intentionally created for dramatic effects. remember the petrification disease was not really cured but just temporarily stopped by the fake philosopher's stone, the girl had the disease before, then "cured" by the fake philosopher's stone, so the effects bound to wear off and she's going to die for sure. However it seems for the whole village, the power of Rujon's alchemy disappeared the instant Rujon died, so all the villagers just got cured by Rujon again died. So it's absurd that the girl can last that long to die just when she find Rujon's body... I guess it's for some extremely dramatic effects... one of BONES' specialties.

Also if I read the talks between Lust and Envy correctly, the original plan was that they gave Rujon the first philosopher's stone, but never give him the second one, so after the villagers die, he'll start looking for the real stone. But I think Lust developed some feelings towards him because of his semblance to Scar's brother, that she actually give him a second fake philosopher's stone. She told Rujon that he should not ask for "too much", I guess she implied that she already gave him "too much". But obviously Rujon still want more, as he said he won't let Lust go, and that "asking too much" make Lust finally decide to kill him.
Old 2004-06-17, 15:23   Link #40
Xirix

The fake stone broke when she killed him, so the cure wore off quickly.
Closed Thread