AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2005-12-23, 18:46   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I knew it would end like that.. with the nexted episode being aired on the 4th!

*shakes fists*
Old 2005-12-23, 23:30   Link #62
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Not sure why would the new game be relevant to the Shakugan no Shana anime discussion.
That's precisely what I'm curious about - the blurb on the official site talks about an Itō Noiji "dream collaboration" involving Shana and Sumomo from the game, but I can't see any connection beyond Itō-san himself. If a translation of said blurb reveals a deeper connection (e.g. a Shana cameo in the game) then it would be an interesting bit of trivia to know.

Quote:
BTW, some Shakugan no Shana telephone cards (which are useless to westerners anyway ) were already available since the dawn of time.
I know, I have the Comiket 68 one - it ranks as my least justifiable purchase ever from YJ auctions
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 08:42   Link #63
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Does anybody have more Shakugan no Shana avatars that they like to share please.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 09:46   Link #64
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Does anybody have more Shakugan no Shana avatars that they like to share please.
I posted a couple over here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26329

Merry Christmas everyone.
Here's a little Shana present for you people. ^^
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...d=1#post419319
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 11:52   Link #65
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I posted a couple over here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26329

Merry Christmas everyone.
Here's a little Shana present for you people. ^^
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...d=1#post419319
Those are great, Riker! Thanks very much for sharing it with everyone, and Merry Christmas to you and everyone here too.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 17:04   Link #66
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
That's precisely what I'm curious about - the blurb on the official site talks about an Itō Noiji "dream collaboration" involving Shana and Sumomo from the game, but I can't see any connection beyond Itō-san himself. If a translation of said blurb reveals a deeper connection (e.g. a Shana cameo in the game) then it would be an interesting bit of trivia to know.
She's just trying to whore her game IMO. That's not an uncommon practice anyway. Yes, Noizhi-sama is a she.

@Riker: Now, I feel robbed. I bought the artbook too.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 22:16   Link #67
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
@Riker: Now, I feel robbed. I bought the artbook too.
Eh? But it's not like I posted everything in the artbook.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 23:17   Link #68
Tenson
"Hakuna Matata" Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Tenson Send a message via AIM to Tenson Send a message via Yahoo to Tenson
Riker is incredible in any anime series!!! *worships!*
Old 2005-12-25, 00:56   Link #69
blitz1/2

I like the avatars and the wallpapers! Thanks Riker, merry christmas to you too.
Old 2005-12-26, 06:15   Link #70
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
i love how....

Spoiler:
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 08:44   Link #71
blitz1/2

For people who want to read fanfictions. This is my Shakugan no Shana fanfiction for everyone to read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2687097/1/
(I copied some parts of the anime because I needed it to explain to readers and to the main character)
Old 2005-12-26, 14:08   Link #72
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just read up a few more things, and I came across a little information about the anime.

Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:45   Link #73
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Just read up a few more things, and I came across a little information about the anime.

Spoiler:
Fyi, I posted about this in the old thread before the hack, that the CD for the new ED was scheduled for a February 2006 release.
Old 2005-12-26, 20:00   Link #74
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
Shows I gave up on:
Shakugan no Shana. I think I stopped after the first episode, thinking "Is this some loli-con action game adaptation?"
I can understand and accept this show not being some people's absolute favorite as not everybody loves/likes shows that put more emphasis on tragedy/drama then on action, but normally, I'd smack somebody for such a shallow, short, so-incredibly-far-off observation. But I'll hold off on that...for now. To answer your question in a single word:

NO!!!!!!!!

It's based on a freaking novel, boy. You didn't even get that part right.
Old 2005-12-26, 22:43   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I can understand and accept this show not being some people's absolute favorite as not everybody loves/likes shows that put more emphasis on tragedy/drama then on action, but normally, I'd smack somebody for such a shallow, short, so-incredibly-far-off observation. But I'll hold off on that...for now. To answer your question in a single word:

NO!!!!!!!!

It's based on a freaking novel, boy. You didn't even get that part right.

Smack yourself first and then try to realize that in threads such as this the responses and replies are tend to be based on personal preferences. If there is any disagreeable replies then why not take your discontent over PM. As long as you like a series is all that matters in a thread such as this. No one else's opinion/preference matters.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:00   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

Smack yourself first and then try to realize that in threads such as this the responses and replies are tend to be based on personal preferences. If there is any disagreeable replies then why not take your discontent over PM. As long as you like a series is all that matters in a thread such as this. No one else's opinion/preference matters.
Errr, no I won't smack myself first cause personal preference or not, it doesn't change the fact he totally misjudged the series and its theme by wathing only 1 episode.

Is SnS a former loli-action game? No.

Is it centered on action? No.

Is it centered on loli? No.

Does it even have a ton of loli-fanservice every episode like a true loli show? No.

My point still stands. He completely misjudged the series, saying it's loli-action. Is this true? Nope. Frankly I don't know how he got this idea in the first place as the end of the first episode makes it crystal clear that this was by no means a mere action series. Episode 2 makes this point even more clear. It's not about disagreeing with him, it's about him not being correct about what SnS is and what it's about. If it was personal preference, i.e. he said "I don't like shows centered on younger girls" or " I don't like shows that have a younger girl for the main character" or something like that, I wouldn't have said anything. Did he say that? No.

And even I gave Gunparade Orchestra, a series I abhor, more than one episode before I gave up on it.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-27 at 02:15.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:15   Link #77
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
My point still stands. He completely misjudged the series. It's not about disagreeing, it's about him not being correct about what SnS is and what it's about. If it was personal preference, i.e. he said "I don't like shows centered on younger girls" or something, I wouldn't have said anything. Did he say that? No. Even I gave Gunparade March, a series I abhor, more than one episode before I gave up on it.
Dude, chill. Many of my personal favorite shows have been outrightly bashed, some by staff at animenewsnetwork even, who treated titles such as Aria, My Otome in an outright condescending fashion. If anything, it sucks for them, because they would have missed things such as the excellent ep 12 of My Otome which I feel is much deeper than some themes of "less crappy" shows. These people don't bother to acknowledge what the exact genre of a show is. For example, Aria is iyashi-kei or healing genre of seinen anime--yes, it sounds too happy precisely because it is supposed to combat depression--its lightheartedness is actually mature, not childish.

And I think, looking at the preferences of the person you rebutted regarding Shana, is probable a she, not a he.

Though frankly it would be better if people just stated their favorite animes and leave out the 'Worst Anime for 2005' thread. Furthermore, and the person merely stated what s/he gave up on, not say "Worst anime" specifically.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:16   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Dude, chill. Many of my personal favorite shows have been outrightly bashed, some by staff at animenewsnetwork even, who treated titles such as Aria, My Otome in an outright condescending fashion. If anything, it sucks for them, because they would have missed things such as the excellent ep 12 of My Otome which I feel is much deeper than some themes of "less crappy" shows. These people don't bother to acknowledge what the exact genre of a show is. For example, Aria is iyashi-kei or healing genre of seinen anime--yes, it sounds too happy precisely because it is supposed to combat depression--its lightheartedness is actually mature, not childish.

And I think, looking at the preferences of the person you rebutted regarding Shana, is probable a she, not a he.
I am chilling, otherwise I would have filled my post with tons of angry emoticons to make it look like I was losing it.

Well she or he, at least bash a series using the correct genre. Not even knowing what the genre is shows that the person has no idea what he/she is talking about.
Old 2005-12-27, 10:48   Link #79
LytHka
Banned

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...569153-9589817

I guess this is something worth mentioning even though it's the regular edition. I hope a limited edition comes in too.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 12:45   Link #80
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Is it centered on loli?
Yes.

Quote:
Does it even have a ton of loli-fanservice every episode like a true loli show?
It has a ton of loli-fanservice every other episode.

Quote:
Episode 2 makes this point even more clear.
episode 2 is actually the strange one that now more or less stands out as an inconsistent sore thumb of the whole show.

Quote:
It's not about disagreeing with him, it's about him not being correct about what SnS is and what it's about.
it is about loli fan-service and action, so he's quite correct.

It seems you are the one here who don't even know what you are talking about
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere