AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 21:14   Link #721
teja208
Critical fanboy

The last episode is surprisingly touching especially when Watashi starts crying in the end. Humanity has Decline is one of the most unique and interesting anime series I've seen this year. Not just the premiese but protagonist herself is more complicating of a person than I thought when I first watch this series. I like how she perceive the world and how she deals with all the weirdness stuffs happening around her especially from the fairies antics. We basically explore this bizarre world through her eyes. I'm actually more impressed how Asta manage to portray all this splendidly in anime. Over all, a well made series that make you think about lots of stuffs that may or may not make any sense. Hope it could get license, and also chance for a second season no matter how long it takes.

EDIT: Curly being yandere. Kinda see that coming but aside from that she's quite interesting. Hope we will get to see her in person next season.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-09-17 at 21:31.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:26   Link #722
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Hope it will get license soon
If by "license" you mean a US license, it already has one. The series has been licensed by Sentai.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:37   Link #723
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
If by "license" you mean a US license, it already has one. The series has been licensed by Sentai.
Really!! yahooo
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:41   Link #724
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Great to hear that, thanks.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 12:29   Link #725
Gohan78
Awakened One

I didn't understand the actions of the green fairy in the last two episodes.
How exactly did erasing Watashi's memories and hiding into the ROBYO help Watashi make friends?
Or did he go into the ROBYO because it was at the end of its life span?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:10   Link #726
halibonga

i ve been ignoring this show the whole season, but judging from the amount of attention it's been getting, i should pick it up.
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 21:51   Link #727
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
How exactly did erasing Watashi's memories and hiding into the ROBYO help Watashi make friends?
She didn't want to be alone. Right after the Fairy did that, she was never really alone again. But, as with all things Fairies, it doesn't mean insanity isn't far behind.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:02   Link #728
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this wasnt to bad but the stories should of been longer to explain more and there wasnt enough fairies

7/10 maybe this is worth getting if Sentai dubs it
Old 2012-09-18, 22:33   Link #729
Jasque

Let's vote for a light novel translation:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...hp?f=15&t=5477
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 03:27   Link #730
Lukeman1884

Quote:
My hypothesis is, all the fairy did was erase her memories of itself. Think about it, if it hadn't, Watashi probably would've devoted all her time to that fairy (Like when she started researching how to make cakes). By removing itself from her life, the fairy allowed Watashi to start actually making friends.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 09:06   Link #731
KilluaX90

You seem to forget about watashi's dream. I believe that the tea party in the dream is the fairy's secret party (the title of this arc). I think what the fairy did were erasing her memory and having a tea party with her every night. Though she didn't remember after she woke up, it probably help her unconsciously feel less lonely.
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 09:11   Link #732
brocko

You know what? That makes actual sense and fits in with her closing line too, about how she feels there's always a tea party going on in her mind and how when she wakes, everything will slip away from her memory just like dreams always do.
I quite like that interpretation

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 11:09   Link #733
Tri-ring

Quote:
He erased her memory but went in to ROBYO so his charm would be effective so she could find her desired route. She probably had dreams of participating a tea ceremony with the elf so to spill her guts to maintain her humanity or she may had ended up like the rest of the wild rose tea ceremony members.

By the way we really did not get "watashi"'s real name since watashi is a noun meaning I me or myself.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:08   Link #734
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
We didn't get the names of all of the characters... or maybe you consider Joshuu as a name?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:29   Link #735
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Most we got were nicknames, like Curly.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:24   Link #736
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
We don't get the explanation about the decline in human population until the end.

In fact, it seems people live a pretty comfortable lives. No war, no pollution, no starvation. Many appliances, machine, vehicles still function. So why is mankind in decline?

One thing that I notice is there aren't many males around. There are old men but not many boys, and girls outnumber boys in school. Could it be that the decline in human population is because of the decline in male?

I have read an article about the disappearance of the Y chromosome. Maybe this is what's happening in the show.
Comfortable doesn't mean prosperous. What society desires is growth, not stagnation. If things like the economy and population are stagnant, then it would be a problem. The Japanese population isn't exactly dying off as if they were struck by the plague either, but the declining birth rate is still a cause for concern.

Also, many machines and appliances definitely are not functioning. The school Watashi went to had to close down. The only large scale usage of electricity we saw was in the Pion/Oyage arc when they were celebrating the Human Monument project, and the generator for that was destroyed by her. In the first arc with the Factory, Watashi was ordered to cut down live chickens for food. Ignoring any fairy products, the setting has been mostly rural.

None of that even begins to address the the satire of civilization that comes from the fairies' shenanigans.

Quote:
Part of it was because the fairies tend to hide themselves from humanity. The other part is that I think the green fairy used ROBYO to help Watashi make friends. Remember that ROBYO didn't habitually malfunction in the beginning. I think the fairy made it malfunction and bump into the walls, which led Watashi to find Y's secret BL library and become friends with her. Also since she saw the robot everyday, the fairy was technically with her everyday.

As for crazy Curly and the Wild Rose Society, that was already resolved. Watashi took Y's advice and played along as Curly's friend so that Curly wouldn't suspect anything. They never had to make a confrontation. The goal was to graduate from school with as little problems as possible, and that's what Y and Watashi did. There's really no need to care about how crazy those girls are on the inside if you never have to see them again later.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-09-19 at 17:08.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:31   Link #737
chaos_animagic

I laughed at ep 12's "Homosexual Library"...

Now... if there was one in RL... what would happen? LOL

I laughed even harder at the yandere part... that was awesome.

As for "watashi" name... meh, there are other names that sounds similar... Yuu (Chinese for example), Ai (Japanese)

They all sound similar to You, I.

There are also lots of name that's from objects used for human names too.
Sakura (it's a tree)
Himeko (princess)
Ichigo (strawberry)

You rarely see people in other languages have names of tree, object, or such...

I doubt you'll find anyone named "Princess"... LOL

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-09-19 at 18:53.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 20:38   Link #738
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Comfortable doesn't mean prosperous. What society desires is growth, not stagnation. If things like the economy and population are stagnant, then it would be a problem. The Japanese population isn't exactly dying off as if they were struck by the plague either, but the declining birth rate is still a cause for concern.

Also, many machines and appliances definitely are not functioning. The school Watashi went to had to close down. The only large scale usage of electricity we saw was in the Pion/Oyage arc when they were celebrating the Human Monument project, and the generator for that was destroyed by her. In the first arc with the Factory, Watashi was ordered to cut down live chickens for food. Ignoring any fairy products, the setting has been mostly rural.

None of that even begins to address the the satire of civilization that comes from the fairies' shenanigans.
I still don't see all that hardship can cause decline in human population to the point of what's happening in the show. Sure, their lives are not all that comfortable, but not that bad either. There are many countries in the world like India, Nigeria, or Maxico having more difficulties in lives, yet their populations are in top 10. Japan's case is unique. They've had econimic slumber for decades and may have social problems. If you are interested, there is an article in Japantimes: "The truth about Japanese love: We just don't get along".
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:25   Link #739
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I still don't see all that hardship can cause decline in human population to the point of what's happening in the show. Sure, their lives are not all that comfortable, but not that bad either. There are many countries in the world like India, Nigeria, or Maxico having more difficulties in lives, yet their populations are in top 10. Japan's case is unique. They've had econimic slumber for decades and may have social problems. If you are interested, there is an article in Japantimes: "The truth about Japanese love: We just don't get along".
Actually most developed nations have birthrates that are at or below replacement level. Population growth in most First World countries is now driven by immigration. The two major exceptions are Japan, which heavily restricts immigration, and the United States, which is full of people who believe Satan invented condoms. Once India, China, etc. catch up the world population will level out.

I still stand by my prediction from the first episode -- the series is set in a post-Singularity world in which the majority of humanity uploaded themselves into computers, leaving behind only the technologically incompetent, and the Fairies are robots sent out to keep an eye on htem.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 16:06   Link #740
Jasque

Any meaning about those bones?
Jasque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen