AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 04:23   Link #2701
Charred Knight

If it was priced in a reasonable manner (i.e at least 13 episodes that I could get for 30 dollars in other words similar to a new funimation release) then I would buy it. Gundam Seed was created at 480p (long running series like Fairy Tail are still animated at 480p to save cost) so it's not like you are going to get a better version.

I still consider Gundam Seed to be the best anime tv series of the first half of the last decade, and one of the better series of the decade.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:56   Link #2702
winter45

@Detective-san

Not sure where your getting at, but a question was asked and i replied. I may be the minority who has the dvd collection to a show i dont like, but the question wasnt restricted to those who likes the show.

Please be opened minded next time.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-01-08 at 06:23. Reason: deketed content wasnt neccessary
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:08   Link #2703
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@Detective-san

Not sure where your getting at, but a question was asked and i replied. I may be the minority who has the dvd collection to a show i dont like, but the question wasnt restricted to those who likes the show.

Please be opened minded next time.
Oh come on, do I have to quote myself? I keed, when I keed, I keed, and keeding is keeding.

Unless this is srsbsns, which I don't think it is.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:16   Link #2704
winter45

No offense Detective-san but i find *most* people who say they kid, keed, jest, joke are just trying to soften the blow of how they really feel/want to say.

and to clarify im not srsbsns

Btw im not against the idea of the remaster at all. (just that i wont be purchasing the BD) the way i see it is the more cash bandai/sunrise gets the better future for gundam overall.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 06:20   Link #2705
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
No offense Detective-san but i find *most* people who say they kid, keed, jest, joke are just trying to soften the blow of how they really feel/want to say.

and to clarify im not srsbsns

Btw im not against the idea of the remaster at all. (just that i wont be purchasing the BD) the way i see it is the more cash bandai/sunrise gets the better future for gundam overall.
I think those people need to be a little more direct with what they're trying to say.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:56   Link #2706
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
If it was priced in a reasonable manner (i.e at least 13 episodes that I could get for 30 dollars in other words similar to a new funimation release) then I would buy it. Gundam Seed was created at 480p (long running series like Fairy Tail are still animated at 480p to save cost) so it's not like you are going to get a better version.

I still consider Gundam Seed to be the best anime tv series of the first half of the last decade, and one of the better series of the decade.
I so 100% agree
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:18   Link #2707
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Part of me was still hoping that Miguel would get his orange Ginn wielding the beam cannon though. Oh well. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:05   Link #2708
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I never caught this previously, but in this episode, Natarle mentions how the new pilots for the hijacked units were just being welcomed by the captain of the Archangel and killed... is it safe to assume they were genetically enhanced kids, like all other Federation Gundam pilot? Can't believe how I totally missed that...
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:08   Link #2709
kakakka

They all looked normal when they were shown...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:14   Link #2710
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

They were shown briefly in ep 1, weren't they? Have to take a look at that again.

But on second thought, I guess they were normal, and they probably started using modified kids later, when they noticed the normal ones can't deal with the Gundam OS. Mwu said he couldn't and the kids could barely move them either- so I guess they were just naturals at that point.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 17:28   Link #2711
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
They were shown briefly in ep 1, weren't they? Have to take a look at that again.

But on second thought, I guess they were normal, and they probably started using modified kids later, when they noticed the normal ones can't deal with the Gundam OS. Mwu said he couldn't and the kids could barely move them either- so I guess they were just naturals at that point.
Yeah, was about to mention the OS thing and Kira needing to do the whole reprogram it thing, and how those pilots hadn't had much luck yet, it sounded like they were normal.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:22   Link #2712
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Scenes from EP3, I didn't know the original was THAT BAD. But man, did they screw up with Fllay though.:
Wow, so they do reanimate entire scenes! I HAVE to buy it. SEED was and still is my favorite Gundam show.
Old 2012-01-09, 10:21   Link #2713
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Wow, so they do reanimate entire scenes! I HAVE to buy it. SEED was and still is my favorite Gundam show.
Since you also like Dearka & Buster, you may want to wish that they make more animation for Buster Gundam. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as long as I can remember, Buster only has three major animations:
Buster shooting spray-beam
Buster shooting piercing-beam
Buster shooting its shoulder missiles

Those scenes were used again and again and again only with different backgrounds and damage effects. There’s also some VERY minor animations in few episodes but they’re so few it’s not worth mentioning.
Old 2012-01-09, 15:14   Link #2714
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Since you also like Dearka & Buster, you may want to wish that they make more animation for Buster Gundam. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as long as I can remember, Buster only has three major animations:
Buster shooting spray-beam
Buster shooting piercing-beam
Buster shooting its shoulder missiles

Those scenes were used again and again and again only with different backgrounds and damage effects. There’s also some VERY minor animations in few episodes but they’re so few it’s not worth mentioning.
hey now, you forgot:

Buster combined shooting spray-beam
Buster combined shooting piercing-beam
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:57   Link #2715
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Yup, it'd be great if they just removed ALL the stock repetitions. Am I too ridiculous a dreamer to wish for that?

LEt's hope that Bandai treats well the series as it is one of their most successful titles in the franchise.

So far, I noticed that there is one new still with Dearka in the opening sequence. A good start! haha
Old 2012-01-09, 20:20   Link #2716
Washu-Chan