AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 22:15   Link #581
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post
Out of episodes 1-11. Those were episodes that seem pretty real to me. As that stuff really happens in the real life, well in Japan probably, a lot of cases like that happens.

Episode 12 is the most messed up, not to mention bloody ending to end the series. I mean, in the end to give Katsura hugging Makotos head, I mean, what does that solve?

They should of added more episodes, I swear you not. 24 would be a nice number. No wait, 13 is better.

Hope they create a OAV.
Hmm. School Days: Return of Setsuna
Where Setsuna found out about the Death of Sekai and planned to have Koto killed while she is on her "Nice Boat" hugging on Makoto's Head.
Old 2007-09-29, 22:41   Link #582
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Do you think they'll give us the unedited version on the dvd?
Old 2007-09-29, 22:54   Link #583
hipeach

Quote:
Episode 12 is the most messed up, not to mention bloody ending to end the series. I mean, in the end to give Katsura hugging Makotos head, I mean, what does that solve?
it solves the problem of Makoto passing his genes with any other girl

really, it's not about solving problem, it shows that there are problems that cannot be solved and end up solve themselves one way or another
Old 2007-09-30, 00:57   Link #584
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
it solves the problem of Makoto passing his genes with any other girl

really, it's not about solving problem, it shows that there are problems that cannot be solved and end up solve themselves one way or another
Anybody read the Negima! manga? There's an explanation about love-triangle novels in chapter 127.

It also seems like a lot of people feel uncomfortable about the eviscerating scene. Yeah, it's shock, but I bet a lot of you also watch Higurashi and remember that scene with
Spoiler:
The justification still is that Kotonoha was messed up and also possibly cunning during the last moments of the story. And I'm quite sure there are people in the world who have also experienced similar situations as Kotonoha did and have done horrible things to satisfy their delusions, like
Spoiler:
You can say you don't like it, but it can't be said it's unreal.
Old 2007-09-30, 03:19   Link #585
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just how many spare keys to his apartment does he have???
Old 2007-09-30, 03:54   Link #586
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
Anybody read the Negima! manga? There's an explanation about love-triangle novels in chapter 127.
Hahaha, good one.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-30, 04:28   Link #587
ok_wtv

I felt that the ending was plain nuts.. Good, but nuts..
In the end practically everybody went crazy !! I can't believe thier just high school students
Old 2007-09-30, 05:00   Link #588
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok_wtv View Post
I can't believe thier just high school students
No, unfortunately a high school student can do much and worse...

An example:

Axe girl
Axe boy
Knife boy
etc. past news etc.

And, well, in this era almost anything can be used as a weapon.........
Pencil
Teddybear
Vitamin supplements
Toilet paper
Guns
Fingernails
Bugs
Trees
infinite etc.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-30, 05:03   Link #589
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well... there is only 1 way for human to be born, but there are infinite method to kill them.
unfair much?

that reminds me someone posted that there are 1000+ means to kill someone in a conventional room, and you can even use the room itself
Old 2007-09-30, 05:58   Link #590
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok_wtv View Post
I felt that the ending was plain nuts.. Good, but nuts..
In the end practically everybody went crazy !! I can't believe thier just high school students
You haven't seen much, then.

Anyone can become crazy, regardless of their age.
Old 2007-09-30, 09:58   Link #591
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No, unfortunately a high school student can do much and worse...

An example:

Axe girl
Axe boy
Knife boy
etc. past news etc.

And, well, in this era almost anything can be used as a weapon.........
Pencil
Teddybear
Vitamin supplements
Toilet paper
Guns
Fingernails
Bugs
Trees
infinite etc.
I really like how we're regressing from using technology to more...traditional stuff . Guns?! WHO NEEDS GUNS?
Old 2007-09-30, 11:29   Link #592
ACE2003

Sigh...couldn't they all just get along? Although as sad it was, Makoto reaped what he sowed. I was trying hard to feel sorry for him, but I couldn't help but think that he brought this whole situation on himself. He realized the error of his ways too little too late. Katsura really freaked me out here. I kept saying that she needed to take a stand, but damn!? In the end everyone was a victim of their own selfish desires. This episode was probably one of the most hardest anime episodes that I've watched in awhile. Just brutal...
Old 2007-09-30, 11:44   Link #593
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
Sigh...couldn't they all just get along? Although as sad it was, Makoto reaped what he sowed. I was trying hard to feel sorry for him, but I couldn't help but think that he brought this whole situation on himself. He realized the error of his ways too little too late. Katsura really freaked me out here. I kept saying that she needed to take a stand, but damn!? In the end everyone was a victim of their own selfish desires. This episode was probably one of the most hardest anime episodes that I've watched in awhile. Just brutal...
Very true on what you said, but still I still forgave Makoto even though what he did was all stupid and idiotic. I'm glad he realized it in the end, it was too bad though, there was a 100% chance of something bad happening to him because of what he did. Also, it was Makotos fault that led Katsura into such a broken state.

Not to even mention Sekai, who pretty much fucked up the whole situation with the practices.

It wasn't really Makotos fault, in the beginning, he was pretty much avoiding, but when Sekai jumped in, Makoto changed completely.

Blame Sekai, the bastard who ruined everything.
Old 2007-09-30, 12:30   Link #594
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

I put this on the SD Overall thread but I think it should be here as well.

Quote:
I think everyone is missing the implication that Kotonaha was pregnant and had an abortion. She recommended a “good doctor”. Latter, during the roof scene, she said how good he is and mentions that Sekai would have been able to see the baby on the monitor. This makes me believe that Kotonaha had been pregnant recently.

She also told Makoto that she wouldn’t be led astray again. I believe she was talking about the night of the festival when she chose someone else to have sex with because of her perceived loss of Makoto.
This idea changes a lot about the characters and how they acted. It totally changes the way I see Kotonaha throughout the series and helps explain her deep breakdown. It isn't just because of losing Makoto. Her life was really a wreck so she has a psychotic break. The one person she needed to talk to was shut out of her life.

Imagine how she felt seeing him lying dead on the floor. She thought she had finally won him over and that night was going to be their first time together. For the first time since they started dating, she was truly happy and in love.

So it was quite a shock to see him lying in a pool of his own blood.

I see the scene on the roof as her final confrontation with Sekai not to just kill her, but to prove to Sekai the truth of her own delusions. Kotonaha knew Sekai's pregnacny was a fake because her's was very, very real.

Or she could have cut Sekai open to make sure that she didn't have any part of Makoto. That would be really twisted!
Old 2007-09-30, 12:32   Link #595
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So Kotonoha's reflexes are faster than Sekai. Who would have thought?

I liked how she immediately "removed" Sekai's weapon.
yes and she's more agressive. remember if you played the bonus game from SummerDays disc, if you win Sekai just pushes Kotonoha away but if you lose Koto won't miss the chance

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-09-30, 13:07   Link #596
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Very true on what you said, but still I still forgave Makoto even though what he did was all stupid and idiotic. I'm glad he realized it in the end, it was too bad though, there was a 100% chance of something bad happening to him because of what he did. Also, it was Makotos fault that led Katsura into such a broken state.

Not to even mention Sekai, who pretty much fucked up the whole situation with the practices.

It wasn't really Makotos fault, in the beginning, he was pretty much avoiding, but when Sekai jumped in, Makoto changed completely.

Blame Sekai, the bastard who ruined everything.
Actually Sekai urged Makoto to dump Kotohana because she didn't want her to be deluded anymore, but Makoto was like, "I'll tell her later, now drop your pants." Makoto was a sloth and just dragged things on and on, though I don't know that Koto's react and Makoto's guilt to the dumping would've changed in any way.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:54   Link #597
Gippet

Last episode was just.. horrible..
It was a wery big shoc for me to see Makoto killed.
After that i just watched the episode again mouth opened.. Im still shocked...
But the text at ending saved me from long terapy.. thanks for that ^^
And that "Makoto is right over there" pointing at bag.. That was horrible.
I knew his head is in there. Omg why did they end it so horribly?
But as i sayd the grand finale.. "Thank you for seeing Makoto getting bbqpwnd" or something was hilarious D Im still laughing to it.
Old 2007-09-30, 15:41   Link #598
marcelmarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gippet View Post
Last episode was just.. horrible..
It was a wery big shoc for me to see Makoto killed.
After that i just watched the episode again mouth opened.. Im still shocked...
You've watched the episode again? I've erased the episode immediately because I was kind of shocked and scared Afterwards I had to watch some Family Guy in order to calm down ^^
Old 2007-09-30, 16:05   Link #599
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoza View Post
I really like how we're regressing from using technology to more...traditional stuff . Guns?! WHO NEEDS GUNS?
man nuke FTW
still i was shocked THOSE GIRLS ARE CRAZY!
i've never been scared before even higurashi doesnt BUT this one is REAlly really scary
Old 2007-09-30, 16:15   Link #600
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
He realized the error of his ways too little too late.
Is that so...

Well another way to look at it from an anti makoto point of view would be to look at his actions after he "realized that the one he has loved all along was kotonoha" (lawl that line always cracked me up XD). I could easily say that he knew nothing of realizing his errors and just wanted someone to hold onto seen as no other girls will approach him anymore
Second point would be his act towards Sekai who he knows full well that she cant live without him and plus made the promise to setsuna that he will look after her while she was in france. never trust men i'd say

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread