AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 19:33   Link #41
FuzzyWuzzy

I hope shin doesn't get Noe since Noe can do a lot better than that sad pathetic excuse for a guy.
I hope shin goes with hiromi cause they are both idiots.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 21:52   Link #42
AnnexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Noe is more or less carrying the show for me at this point. Hiromi and Ai just don't really capture my interest at all, but I'm really quite amused by Noe. Which is odd; before watching the show, I thought either Hiromi or Ai would be my favorite, but both have disappointed me whereas Noe has surpassed expectations. Excellent.
I agree - Noe has such breadth of character that I have rarely seen in anime I've watched. Her personality and relationships with people show the impact of the trauma of her grandmother's death and how she came to terms with it in her own way. I'm only sorry that this experience with Shin will only cause her more grief if he ends up with Hiromi. Sigh.
AnnexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 08:01   Link #43
cebukitty

Noe and her antics just make me smile!

Unlike the rest of the True Tears characters, what you see is what you get. She has no artifice, she says what she feels. I find her persona refreshing and endearing.

Because of losing the person she loved so much at a young age, she had to mature faster than others her age, but at the same time she retained that childlike innocence and optimism.

And when Noe loves, she loves with all of her heart. She always thinks of others before herself.

Last edited by cebukitty; 2008-03-26 at 08:12.
cebukitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 17:12   Link #44
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebukitty View Post
Noe and her antics just make me smile!

Unlike the rest of the True Tears characters, what you see is what you get. She has no artifice, she says what she feels. I find her persona refreshing and endearing.

Because of losing the person she loved so much at a young age, she had to mature faster than others her age, but at the same time she retained that childlike innocence and optimism.

And when Noe loves, she loves with all of her heart. She always thinks of others before herself.
Honestly, I think your heart might be in the right place, but I don't think you've done her character justice with such a simple take.

Noe isn't all flowers and roses. She is emotionally underdeveloped largely due to the past incident but also Jun's meddling. I think she's struggling to deal with her emotions, but that is also what makes her compelling in some sense.

She's been stuck with a childlike mentality but is now struggling to rapidly reach adulthood, and I think she is genuinely pained by the fact that she can't understand her developing complex emotions such as true sadness and love, but I think she is even more fraught with the fact that she cannot understand those around her as well as she thought.

All of this is what makes Noe feel real; largely her struggle to attain adulthood is the story of True Tears in some sense. The journey is perhaps most difficult for her by far due to the additional burdens she carries.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 01:18   Link #45
cebukitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Honestly, I think your heart might be in the right place, but I don't think you've done her character justice with such a simple take.

Noe isn't all flowers and roses. She is emotionally underdeveloped largely due to the past incident but also Jun's meddling. I think she's struggling to deal with her emotions, but that is also what makes her compelling in some sense.

She's been stuck with a childlike mentality but is now struggling to rapidly reach adulthood, and I think she is genuinely pained by the fact that she can't understand her developing complex emotions such as true sadness and love, but I think she is even more fraught with the fact that she cannot understand those around her as well as she thought.

All of this is what makes Noe feel real; largely her struggle to attain adulthood is the story of True Tears in some sense. The journey is perhaps most difficult for her by far due to the additional burdens she carries.
Wow, Zen master, you hit it right on the nail

I love animes like this or Honey and Clover. Animes that really delve into the emotional journey of their characters and unfold before us all the intricate and unfolding facets of the human heart. In the process of unfolding, we ourselves are unfolded and given glimpses into ourselves. And each takes home with us always something different.
cebukitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 09:35   Link #46
taichi-kun

this character reminds me of haruhi suzumiya ....

I think she is so sweet sometimes !!
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 20:13   Link #47
Tiran86

Quite honestly, Noe's the only reason I didn't drop the series by episode 3. She's quirky and interesting, while the other leads were kind of dull, at least in the the first few episodes.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 05:10   Link #48
MitsukiPearl

Send a message via MSN to MitsukiPearl Send a message via Yahoo to MitsukiPearl
Noe is so cute~ I wuvvles her. Shes totally one of my favorite characters. At the end of the anime I was a little dissapointed.. ;.;
Spoiler for Dx the end.. don't open unless you know:
and that was like.. "wow.." and stuff.. Oh well~!
Spoiler for mew:
MitsukiPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:32   Link #49
Lostdreams

Noe's soooo cute!!!~
I love her
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 01:53   Link #50
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Noe is such a one of a kind character. Very eccentric but cute.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 17:32   Link #51
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I find Noe cute and likeable but also a bit too innocent / naive. She does say what she thinks and doesnt try to hide things but also, as she stated, she tends to ignore how others feel and hurt the ppl around her. I think that all the three girls that liked Shin knew all his good qualities and that he "could fly if he wanted"... Noe just went and said it.... maybe a bit irresponsible since she didnt even know she was in love.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 15:51   Link #52
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
She is unpredictably moe and has such a kawaii accessory.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 03:30   Link #53
therationalpi

Noe was and is my favorite character in this show. She sets the story into motion, and is a deeper character than her eccentricities might lead you to believe.

I don't know why, but I fall for creepy staring girls in real life too. Go figure.
Old 2009-09-09, 01:47   Link #54
coderlan
Student

I never distiguished Noe as a kawaii character, for me she's just a side dish, speaking deep words that almost doesn't make sense, in my opinion at least.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 08:16   Link #55
hikikomorisketch

Noe is a really good character. She's so different from the typical types of characters that you see anime frequently. I liked her but Shin'ichiro is.. *sigh* don't want to spoil anything.
hikikomorisketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 15:52   Link #56
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikikomorisketch View Post
Noe is a really good character. She's so different from the typical types of characters that you see anime frequently. I liked her but Shin'ichiro is.. *sigh* don't want to spoil anything.
I didn't like Shinichiro either, but Noe was some kind of annoying me too
she was too self centered, she was like "the worlds about me"
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 15:59   Link #57
i-M-p-A-c-T
Level One Otaku

Anyone else feel this anime needed a "Noe" ending.

This post isn't necessarily addressing Noe's character, but simply my feelings, thoughts, and views about the series in general. (couldn't create a new thread so i had to use this one......so yeah....)....

Anyways, due to views which are entirely subjective, this anime found it's way to my list of most despised harem anime (subjective, since it would be one of my favorite harem anime, had Noe won....)....I had a feeling he was going to end up with Hiromi (it was so terribly predicable, it was sad...) although, in spite of that...i continued on with the series hoping my intuition may be wrong, only to be utterly disappointed with the outcome.

Seemed like a case of, the best girl lost. Not due to favoritism, but because Noe just seemed to have the most natural relationship with Shin. When considering Noe and Shin's relationship, they seemed easily compatible, and had natural chemistry.......were as with Hiromi, their relationship seemed less natural, less compatible.....and almost seemed more or less forced. (forced as in: Hiromi has known Shin for several years, yet only chose to make an attempt at him (out of nowhere).....when he decided to start dating Noe)...........I personally favored Noe over Hiromi, because she was actually able to come right out with her feelings for Shin instead of beating around the bush like Hiromi. It took Hiromi, what seems like several years to make a move on shin, and it was while he was going out the Noe already (pretty selfish move there from hiromi)....Another reason Noe was my preferred candidate, was because of her personality. It was like Ms. cute & spunky.......vs........Ms. dull & bland. Not only that, Hiromi seemed to be playing childish games, when claiming to like Jun, and whatnot. All of that^^, would conclude my reasoning for believing this to be a case, of the better girl lost.

I can however accept the out come of the series (even though Hiromi won). Everyone claiming Noe could have done better, and whatnot of that sort.......is simply in denial, while using that as justification for Noe somehow getting a good deal out of this (by not ending of with the loser Shin). But the reality is (well fiction in this case) Noe did not get a good deal, at all. I'm sure everyone making these claims of Noe doing better than Shin, would not feel that way......had Noe won............so yeah. It's time we got over it.....(Shin's decision, that is...)......and stop making claims about how Noe may have gotten a good deal out of this, to make ourselves feel better....

I would have been more satisfied had Noe just died in episode 12 (the time when she suffered the bone fracture after falling out of the tree). Before anyone gets the wrong idea about the statement i just made, consider my reasoning first. If Noe had died there, she would not have had to suffer both, the issue with Jun coming out the closet (and leaving her alone) , and Shin's heart shattering confession of his love for Hiromi. At least, she could have died not knowing, if he would have chosen her, rather than being destroyed by his decision. Plus, for the viewers sake (anyone who would consider themselves Noe supporters, at least) we could have finished the series knowing he had to take Hiromi by default, had Noe died. Not necessarily with him rejecting her. But, what happened..............happened..............so yeah......

All in all, i hate this series for the incredibly poor treatment towards Noe (who happened to be my most favortiest character )....I mean, first she nearly gets molested by her older brother, the one guy you'd think she'd be able to depend on. This alone must have caused her to become mentally unbalanced, but then her boyfriend (Shin) whom she's stupidly in love with, just happens to let her know he's in love with another girl. After taking the mental blow from Jun's actions, and the news from Shin (that's he loves hiromi).....that must have been simply crushing. I can't even imagine the mental stress she must have been going through at that point. This is the only reason i utterly despise the anime. Inhumane treatment towards the character who probaly deserved it the least. *sob* don't worry Noe, i'll create a fan-fiction where Jun & Hiromi get hit by a train....

I actually would have preferred Ai, over Hiromi......if it just couldn't be Noe. Seems like Ai's character was pretty much useless, since she had no significance in his final decision.

Noe>>>Ai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hiromi.....

Last edited by i-M-p-A-c-T; 2011-01-18 at 21:53.
i-M-p-A-c-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 21:44   Link #58
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikikomorisketch View Post
He's an idiot. That's what.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 07:04   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Noe.... hmmmm... she's like Hitagi without the death threats and staplers..hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 06:47   Link #60
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-M-p-A-c-T View Post
All in all, i hate this series for the incredibly poor treatment towards Noe (who happened to be my most favortiest character )....I mean, first she nearly gets molested by her older brother, the one guy you'd think she'd be able to depend on.
Ugh, when I read that - I couldn't believe it. Now, that I got to that part...

UGH!!

Chicken girl deserves much more than this.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote