AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 23:35   Link #3181
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
My head hurts I'm confused, the technology in this series has more holes than swiss cheese! I'll just ask Irish.

Irish: It doesn't matter, the pilots the weakspot.

That was...helpful.

Anyway, you're making your own canon so you might as well add your own changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The Rafale was designed to be modular, so such huge changes to the frame was possible. Other MPIS would be trickier. But for your case, the change is justified. Most fans won't know the significance, and for me I have my own set of rules refined from canon which not everyone agrees with.
Yeah thanks, I'll justify it by having the factory (in this sense, Tabane's Osananajimi) improved the Reiryaku Byakuya module so it cost 2 slot bus less (4 slot instead of 6) and removing the back hanger, so Ichika gained 3 extra slot, two of which will be occupied with extra generator/propulsion and the other one will be used to store various Chekhov's gun.

Until ByakuShiki reached 2nd shift, of which Ichika will gain access to anti-golem sword (Yukidaruma Buster sword).
Old 2011-10-16, 23:45   Link #3182
Eratas123

@Meister- What are MPIS and how do they evolve? You mentioned Karon's IS leveling up because she spoiled it.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 00:26   Link #3183
DarkJak2050

Ah, shit. Somebody upgraded.

Spoiler for IS Light Novel Vol. 7 Ch. 4:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 00:30   Link #3184
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Epic plot-demanded upgrade is epic.

EDIT: Have this idea that having white Knight (ShiroKishi) as most powerful I.S. before Akatsubaki rolled out, but can you give some explanation that gen-1 and gen-2 I.S. is weaker? need some help.
Old 2011-10-17, 00:32   Link #3185
Eratas123

Quote:

"New powers as the plot demands" at its finest. Now Houki's probably the strongest heroine, not that it matters since Ichikas still denser than a brick.

@ Zero- The previous gen IS have a harder time synching with pilots and in general have less featuures compared to later gens. ShiroKishi is strong only because Chifuyu is near god level pilot so it only had a shield and BFS but can beat later gens asses.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-17 at 00:46.
Old 2011-10-17, 00:44   Link #3186
DarkJak2050

Quote:
"New powers as the plot demands" at its finest. Now Houki's probably the strongest heroine, not that it matters since Ichikas still denser than a brick.
Maybe she'll use that to break through to him. Oh and for Ichika's case for the SWC, can you make it so that Houki's the one to subdue Ichika?
Old 2011-10-17, 00:54   Link #3187
Eratas123

Quote:
Maybe she'll use that to break through to him. Oh and for Ichika's case for the SWC, can you make it so that Houki's the one to subdue Ichika?
I was planning for the three guys left to do some kind of last stand I'm not sure who he ends up with though.

The three of them are gonna do some cross fighting like Irish targetting Laura and Ichika subduing Karon so it's gonna end up like a big mess later.

Maybe I should have the harem take him out on a date at the same time? They are working together at this point.
Old 2011-10-17, 00:55   Link #3188
DarkJak2050

Quote:
I was planning for the three guys left to do some kind of last stand I'm not sure who he ends up with though.

The three of them are gonna do some cross fighting like Irish targetting Laura and Ichika subduing Karon so it's gonna end up like a big mess later.

Maybe I should have the harem take him out on a date at the same time? They are working together at this point.
Your call, man.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:00   Link #3189
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Eras, good question, now lets see...

ITS SOAPBOX TIME!!

First you must assume that all IS have the capacity to evolve. I believe that MPIS can, because there seem to be a lot in place to make sure they don't (No Fitting Phase, reset after every pilot) whereas Personals are encourage to grow until they start talking to their owners (Byakushiki).

This became the basis for Three Diagram, a G1 IS that has never been reset for over 8 years and has a personal "harem" of pilots keeping him running around the clock. He has grown and evolved into a massive computer core, however due to the limits of being G1 he can never phase shift. Think of it as an eternal larva... except this larva kept growing its brain until its almost all brain and power plant. From its massive computing power comes the raw material upon which Tabane dips into and creates her wonders.

Because the customization process of Fitting makes it harder for a different pilot to use the same massproduction Infnite Stratos (MPIS), it is reset repeatedly. While good for the company running the IS, the IS itself never grows up. This is where Shooting Star MPIS differ from other MPIS.

They are all connected to Three Diagram, and so even when they are shut down they are still "conscious". These MPIS as such can evolve at a very slow rate like a person growing up, and eventually achieve higher Shifts in several years. Other companies don't do this because the evolution occurs according to their own designs (IE, the IS is a Personal IS to itself), rather than the pilot or the manufacturer, making it impossible for the company to completely control the outcome. And there is the problem of the MPIS eventually reaching a point where they can reject pilots. In Metropolis, the reverse happens; all girls are compulsorily screened, and compatible pilots paired with the existing 20 MPIS, then all the MPIS are connected to Three Diagram, ensuring that they continue to slowly evolve.

But Karon's IS is different. The core was born a twin, (the other core being a "normal" one) while she already has a unique temper even at this nascent core stage that gave Three Diagram problems. Perhaps it had something to do with being incubated by the Vandam Joaquim. Either by plan or by error, no one knows, but Tabane then used this core to create the I-type, which in turn used the most refined Standard Template Construction techniques available to Metropolis. It was hoped that this cheap but advanced MPIS would become the new standard of future Vandam Massproduction (VM) models, but while 3 have been produced the I-type is now notorious amongst the engineering crews that have come to care for them.

Pairing this I-type, who was a twin core, with Karon, an ISper which got Three Diagram's attention, was a grand experiment by Tabane. And its paying off in that the now-named "Vandam Imouto" is evolving faster than any other MPIS of Metropolis. No one knows what will happen from now on. Vandam Imouto is an MPIS in unknown territory. And Shinonono continues to watch and meddle with it in her own way...

If it pays off, Vandam Imouto (and Karon) will change the world for the better. If not, the resulting monster may well tear everything asunder...

Old 2011-10-17, 01:07   Link #3190
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Meister

For some reason, I CAN understand this soapbox, I'll use some of the elements, would it be fine?

@ Eras

That exactly what I meant, it's because the freaking sword and beam cannon, because I'll use ShiroKishi frame for someone *cough*Joshua*cough*.

That aside, Shirokishi also can go hypersonic, while later I.S. at least until Gospel and Akatsubaki cannot reach that velocity as easily (ByakuShiki can, but only temporarily).
Old 2011-10-17, 01:11   Link #3191
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Zero: Be my guest
Old 2011-10-17, 01:19   Link #3192
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

EDIT: I want refurbished ShiroKishi to be a fragile speedster, low attack power and defense but incredible mobility.

This is because new ShiroKishi using Sub-core system instead of real I.S. core, who doing it job by stole some 'bandwith' from I.S. core network. It can be used by normal male, but it's power output only reach half that ordinary I.S. cores, therefore most of its power was directed at propulsion and sensor.

Also, what do you mean by twin cores? Does that mean Vandam Imouto has two cores ala Pentium D or Pentium Core2Duo?
Old 2011-10-17, 01:21   Link #3193
DarkJak2050

By the way, I have a question. The "special weapon" for the Silverback armor, should the name be "S2 Shellshock Grenade" or "S2 Shock Grenade"?

It's basically a flash bang, smoke grenade and an electrical jammer in one. And it detonates like this.

So what's the better name for it? "Shellshock" or "Shock"? Or do you have any suggestions.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:23   Link #3194
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
By the way, I have a question. The "special weapon" for the Silverback armor, should the name be "S2 Shellshock Grenade" or "S2 Shock Grenade"?

It's basically a flash bang, smoke grenade and an small electrical jammer in one. So what's the better name for it? "Shellshock" or "Shock"? Or do you have any suggestions.
Shock Grenade....shocker sounds too corny.

May i propose Impact grenade?
Old 2011-10-17, 01:28   Link #3195
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Epic plot-demanded upgrade is epic.

EDIT: Have this idea that having white Knight (ShiroKishi) as most powerful I.S. before Akatsubaki rolled out, but can you give some explanation that gen-1 and gen-2 I.S. is weaker? need some help.
Plot upgrade to me, is stupid...seeing as this is another excuse of why Houki was completely Overpowered in volume 7.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:37   Link #3196
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Umm, what's the name of new weapon in Japanese? I have this plan of making it a 'Weapon archive' instead of standalone weapon.

And the shape as well as the power is kind of different, it would be more of a makeshift sniper instead of overpowered cannon. it was achieved by combining Amatsuki and Kawarame, hence the bow shape.

How was that?
Old 2011-10-17, 01:42   Link #3197
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Eras, good question, now lets see...

ITS SOAPBOX TIME!!

First you must assume that all IS have the capacity to evolve. I believe that MPIS can, because there seem to be a lot in place to make sure they don't (No Fitting Phase, reset after every pilot) whereas Personals are encourage to grow until they start talking to their owners (Byakushiki).

This became the basis for Three Diagram, a G1 IS that has never been reset for over 8 years and has a personal "harem" of pilots keeping him running around the clock. He has grown and evolved into a massive computer core, however due to the limits of being G1 he can never phase shift. Think of it as an eternal larva... except this larva kept growing its brain until its almost all brain and power plant. From its massive computing power comes the raw material upon which Tabane dips into and creates her wonders.

Because the customization process of Fitting makes it harder for a different pilot to use the same massproduction Infnite Stratos (MPIS), it is reset repeatedly. While good for the company running the IS, the IS itself never grows up. This is where Shooting Star MPIS differ from other MPIS.

They are all connected to Three Diagram, and so even when they are shut down they are still "conscious". These MPIS as such can evolve at a very slow rate like a person growing up, and eventually achieve higher Shifts in several years. Other companies don't do this because the evolution occurs according to their own designs (IE, the IS is a Personal IS to itself), rather than the pilot or the manufacturer, making it impossible for the company to completely control the outcome. And there is the problem of the MPIS eventually reaching a point where they can reject pilots. In Metropolis, the reverse happens; all girls are compulsorily screened, and compatible pilots paired with the existing 20 MPIS, then all the MPIS are connected to Three Diagram, ensuring that they continue to slowly evolve.

But Karon's IS is different. The core was born a twin, (the other core being a "normal" one) while she already has a unique temper even at this nascent core stage that gave Three Diagram problems. Perhaps it had something to do with being incubated by the Vandam Joaquim. Either by plan or by error, no one knows, but Tabane then used this core to create the I-type, which in turn used the most refined Standard Template Construction techniques available to Metropolis. It was hoped that this cheap but advanced MPIS would become the new standard of future Vandam Massproduction (VM) models, but while 3 have been produced the I-type is now notorious amongst the engineering crews that have come to care for them.

Pairing this I-type, who was a twin core, with Karon, an ISper which got Three Diagram's attention, was a grand experiment by Tabane. And its paying off in that the now-named "Vandam Imouto" is evolving faster than any other MPIS of Metropolis. No one knows what will happen from now on. Vandam Imouto is an MPIS in unknown territory. And Shinonono continues to watch and meddle with it in her own way...

If it pays off, Vandam Imouto (and Karon) will change the world for the better. If not, the resulting monster may well tear everything asunder...

This is probably the most complicated fanon I've seen in a while! Just some questions.

1. What do you mean twin cores?

2. Are you saying the core's sentient? If it is then I can add it in future plans since any core probably wouldn't pike Irish very much considering what he's done and the fact that he hates Tabane.

3. How strong is Karon's MPIS? Ichika will combat it in SWC.

4. Why does Irish smash the festival in your fic? Is it the same reason as my draft?

@Jak - Emp grenades? You could also call them devestators.

@ Zero- A fragile speedster unit? That makes sense since shirokishi never got hit once during it's debut.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:54   Link #3198
DarkJak2050

So Impact, EMP and Devestators...

I thought of "Concussion". Also "Perculsus" which is Latin for "A Shock".
Old 2011-10-17, 02:03   Link #3199
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So Impact, EMP and Devestators...

I thought of "Concussion". Also "Perculsus" which is Latin for "A Shock".
Concussion seems subtle yet scary, the latin name is a bit weird though....

EDIT: I'm very sure eratas means Devastator
Old 2011-10-17, 02:12   Link #3200
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Concussion seems subtle yet scary, the latin name is a bit weird though....

EDIT: I'm very sure eratas means Devastator
Okay, so there's...

Shellshock
Shock
Impact
EMP
Devastator
Concussion

I thought of concussion becuase of the the flash bang. Flash bangs dazes and disorients people, just like a concussion. Why not also do the same with machines? With the electrical jamming included? I mean if think about it, jamming the electricals is somewhat "dazing" and "disorienting" to a machine, right?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest