AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-22, 00:49   Link #1241
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, her power is one of the signatures of this story... and if you look through SII, you'll see that she isn't quite as powerful as she appears, in two instances

1) When taking on that Dorian monster, she used a kick to break out with Tsukune, but it treated that kick like a scratch, and thus all the girls took it down

2) This one is a little more loosely based, but during the doppleganger battle, it was implied that only because he took so much damage from all attacks was the kick able to take him down. In other words, had InnerMoka faced him at 100% strength and health, she may have needed quite a few attacks to beat this guy.

although i think the anime has shown she's also weak in some areas. When fighting berserk Ruby (as I call it), no matter how many times she used her kick, it wasn't until she hit the magic wand did Ruby fall (and dammit, that's another instance of just how far the two mediums strayed). This battle also showed one other thing (and it may be an anime-only deal)- you'll notice that she only ever uses her kicks. Does this mean that when it comes to battling, she has no fighting ability with her arms? Though it was shown that she does still have great strength (hauling up mizore and tsukune... why did the anime do this to us?T_T), her arms have never been used in a fight, and I don't think it's because they're too powerful, but instead because she has no idea how to fight using her upper body. When Ruby bound her by her legs, she was quite useless.

So while in many instances it seems she's extremely strong, there's recent proof that she still has her weaknesses (and we're not talking about water here either)

and as a side speculation, though i think this may have been brought up before: Give Tsukune some training in Vamp mode (though how he'd been kept under control is another matter) so that he actually have more than just extremely powerful punches, could he and Moka be the Ultimate Tag Team, with his (close to) unstoppable punches and her (near) unstoppable kicks, I think that many a creature would fear these two working together

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 00:57   Link #1242
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune is slowly learning to control his vampiric blood, and all these fights he's been having is great training, but will he get formal training? Who knows.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 00:59   Link #1243
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Vampires in this series are over powered true. But just like Superman/Supergirl they have weaknesses and Moka and Kokoa has ALOT. Water, the cross, Ruby's resiliency, giving vampire blood weakens her...etc.

Tsukune I feel now is like Bruce Banner, he's trying to control his ghoul/vamp state.
Old 2008-06-22, 01:01   Link #1244
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Haha, good comparison, but I think Tsukune has better control than Bruce is having, lol.

I like the steady showing of Tsukune. He's able to draw on the power bit by bit as time goes on, he just has to be careful not to take it in all at once.

Oh btw, I picked up the first volume earlier today, I was kinda sad that it only went as far as Gin's introduction, I was hoping to get Mizore Any news on the release of the second volume?
Old 2008-06-22, 01:05   Link #1245
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Makes me glad that I can read Chinese. The first season is complete in Mandarin over at my place.
Old 2008-06-22, 01:08   Link #1246
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now waiting for my license copy to land in my door steps. *excited*
Old 2008-06-22, 01:23   Link #1247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This is going to be the first manga series that I plan on getting every release for, I love this series too much to not support it... all I'm waiting on now is volume 2... I hope it doesn't take too long to get released.... ugh... I hate that it takes so long for a volume to release state side...
Old 2008-06-22, 03:13   Link #1248
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This is going to be the first manga series that I plan on getting every release for, I love this series too much to not support it... all I'm waiting on now is volume 2... I hope it doesn't take too long to get released.... ugh... I hate that it takes so long for a volume to release state side...
the 2nd volume comes out on august 3
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:19   Link #1249
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Really? August 2nd? wow... thats much faster than anticipated. Shonen Jump seems to be on top of things, Tokyo Pop is a lot slower. Shakugan no Shana has been out for a long time and its only on the 3rd Volume here.
Old 2008-06-22, 03:27   Link #1250
yongshun

its august 5th my mistake, and Shakugan no Shana is also Viz but I dont think there are that many volumes of that one to begin with.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:32   Link #1251
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is it Viz? I didn't examine the cover enough, but all I saw was a big Shonen Jump on the back of the Rosario Vampire cover.
Old 2008-06-22, 04:40   Link #1252
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, her power is one of the signatures of this story... and if you look through SII, you'll see that she isn't quite as powerful as she appears, in two instances

1) When taking on that Dorian monster, she used a kick to break out with Tsukune, but it treated that kick like a scratch, and thus all the girls took it down

2) This one is a little more loosely based, but during the doppleganger battle, it was implied that only because he took so much damage from all attacks was the kick able to take him down. In other words, had InnerMoka faced him at 100% strength and health, she may have needed quite a few attacks to beat this guy.

although i think the anime has shown she's also weak in some areas. When fighting berserk Ruby (as I call it), no matter how many times she used her kick, it wasn't until she hit the magic wand did Ruby fall (and dammit, that's another instance of just how far the two mediums strayed). This battle also showed one other thing (and it may be an anime-only deal)- you'll notice that she only ever uses her kicks. Does this mean that when it comes to battling, she has no fighting ability with her arms? Though it was shown that she does still have great strength (hauling up mizore and tsukune... why did the anime do this to us?T_T), her arms have never been used in a fight, and I don't think it's because they're too powerful, but instead because she has no idea how to fight using her upper body. When Ruby bound her by her legs, she was quite useless.

So while in many instances it seems she's extremely strong, there's recent proof that she still has her weaknesses (and we're not talking about water here either)

and as a side speculation, though i think this may have been brought up before: Give Tsukune some training in Vamp mode (though how he'd been kept under control is another matter) so that he actually have more than just extremely powerful punches, could he and Moka be the Ultimate Tag Team, with his (close to) unstoppable punches and her (near) unstoppable kicks, I think that many a creature would fear these two working together
Don't forget her most important weakness even though it doesn't necessarily refer to fighting. Being a Tsundere she suffers most from her supressed feelings so her greatest weakness are rather of emotional and psychological nature which sometimes can get her into trouble for example when she wants to protect others without putting them in danger denying their help. (especially Tsukune of course)
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 04:58   Link #1253
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The thing about inner Moka is that her true feelings come out whenever Tsukune gets hurt. Oh you tsundere's are so cute with your stubborness.
Old 2008-06-22, 05:58   Link #1254
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At the school ball....

Vampire Tsukune: May I have this dance, Ohime-sama? *deft gaze*
Inner Moka: Well, you've more than earned it.

Aye, Aye!
Old 2008-06-22, 06:20   Link #1255
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Dying to see Inner Moka go tsundere.
Old 2008-06-22, 06:41   Link #1256
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Inner Moka already showed she's a tsundere in the last chapter.
Old 2008-06-22, 07:44   Link #1257
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Dying to see Inner Moka go tsundere.
wtf does tsundere mean? Damn you ANime freaks XD
Old 2008-06-22, 07:50   Link #1258
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsundere? surprise that theres someone that goes on an anime board that don't know that term.

anyway, in a nut shell. Tsunderes usually have an aura of superiority around them, they have trouble expressing love, they usually are quick to deny it when its obvious (mostly to the readers and close friends of the character) that she has a crush on them. Common characters that are Tsundere are usually the Ojou-sama types (rich girls), but not always. Examples of Tsunderes are; Louise from Zero no Tsukiama, Eri from School Rumble, Rin from Fate/Stay Night. and many more. Notice that the examples I've given are rich girls? They act tough and superior but really inside they crave love.
Old 2008-06-22, 08:28   Link #1259
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Before anything here's the poll results so far.

Moka - 7
Kurumu - 5
Yukari - 1
Mizore - 8
Ruby - 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking now since everything is back to normal. Who will be there new enemy? Hokuto again? Or he'll be an ally? Gin is gone too, graduated I think, hope he returns in next chapters of the manga. Since I miss his perv antics on Kurumu and on the other girls. Now that's a real DOG/Wolf. LOL
Old 2008-06-22, 09:42   Link #1260
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

isn't their gonna be a new girl too? she wears a fur jacket or something and has Actual brown hair

I've seen pics of her in the game screens and I've actually seen her a few times in season2

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire