AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 28.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-18, 10:20   Link #21
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
i'm happy to adopt them if they want...
Aren't you a bit too young to be their dad?
Old 2007-12-18, 14:12   Link #22
Saleh
Inactive

Spoiler for After seeing screencaps on 2chan:
Old 2007-12-18, 14:35   Link #23
DanielSong39

In a word - LAME.

Unfortunately, the writers wimped out - destroying all the momentum they had built in the last couple of episodes.

Not every show can be School Days, and it looks like this show fell about 10 miles short.
Old 2007-12-18, 15:13   Link #24
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflictz View Post
Expectations:

- Sana's past about the watch (Holy crap, that's been bothering me since ep.1 XD)
- Nanaka + Sana and their <3 story (etc.)
- Twins and what happens to them...
- Last but not least....an Aoi filler LOL

Oh btw, is ep 12 out on wednesday?
It is out today, one day earlier that last week! I am downloading it right now!
Old 2007-12-18, 15:19   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

After watching this episode, I felt like recent episodes of Shana S2: a whole "filler" episode, and only 2-3 minutes of "worthy" revelations.

The episode was consistent for how everyone reacted to twins elopment, but that's all. Nanaka made various... well "fluffy" things which were still quite unnatural. But sana was even worse, being able to tease her (seriously, it is as if nothing happened before)

This episode is not meaningful at all, as it doesn't make us going forward... they mentioned sana's watch, but he didn't even answer.

There are too much things lingering, and I doubt they will bother to actually mention what is happening with either asami, hinako, aoi, kaji or the twins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is out today, one day earlier that last week! I am downloading it right now!
Huh? it is always airing tuesday, same goes for the raw *scratches his head*
Old 2007-12-18, 16:10   Link #26
changeup

I have just finished the raw.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Not a bad episode to set up the climax. A little bit cliche, but I guess after the surprise of episode 11, we can let them to make this one a little bit normal.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:14   Link #27
changeup

huh? I think the stories of Hinako, Asami and the twins have already been told, done and cold...

And this episode promptly wrapped up Aoi's, and maybe also the teacher's story. I think the last episode will be concentrated on Sana and Nanaka. We might see a little about everyone in the denouement but definitely not much will be about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
After watching this episode, I felt like recent episodes of Shana S2: a whole "filler" episode, and only 2-3 minutes of "worthy" revelations.

The episode was consistent for how everyone reacted to twins elopment, but that's all. Nanaka made various... well "fluffy" things which were still quite unnatural. But sana was even worse, being able to tease her (seriously, it is as if nothing happened before)

This episode is not meaningful at all, as it doesn't make us going forward... they mentioned sana's watch, but he didn't even answer.

There are too much things lingering, and I doubt they will bother to actually mention what is happening with either asami, hinako, aoi, kaji or the twins...

Huh? it is always airing tuesday, same goes for the raw *scratches his head*
Old 2007-12-18, 16:20   Link #28
UPR

Actually going sorta tuned down compared to last week was a good thing. It can't always be dramatic. And this series has done this before. Have a very dramatic ep, then a tuned down one, before entering into a very emotional ep.

It was the same after ep 8. Ep9 was the tuned down one before we got everything in 10-11. So it had to be expected that 12 was a more easy going that the last 2.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:32   Link #29
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Actually going sorta tuned down compared to last week was a good thing. It can't always be dramatic. And this series has done this before. Have a very dramatic ep, then a tuned down one, before entering into a very emotional ep.

It was the same after ep 8. Ep9 was the tuned down one before we got everything in 10-11. So it had to be expected that 12 was a more easy going that the last 2.
yeah, this epiosode only get a 8/10 from me as it was a very slow episode just showing us the aftermath of last episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-18, 16:37   Link #30
ipernorris

Perfect 1 for me. Nanaka's problems should have been solved in this episode, while in episode 13 they will waste more time with her. I want to know about Sana.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:52   Link #31
changeup

Well, they do need to kill two birds with one stone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Perfect 1 for me. Nanaka's problems should have been solved in this episode, while in episode 13 they will waste more time with her. I want to know about Sana.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:59   Link #32
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Well, they do need to kill two birds with one stone...
Uhm yes but I don't care about the trip in the forest and all the rest... I want intense drama not a stupid trip!
Besides for Nanaka is a waste of time because the one who start the fair was her or her uncle... if she was her she's a (ex) psycho, what a big deal! :P
I want to know about Sana and I hope it won't be some crappy "I tried to cut my wrists but then I got all scared" thing.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:59   Link #33
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Why do I get the sinking feeling that at this rate, Sana's "issue" will be entirely anticlimactic and most likely become a small footnote of the final episode?
Old 2007-12-18, 17:12   Link #34
changeup

Same feeling here. Certainly, with very little hint or foreshadowing, Sana's story cannot go into a lot of details, at least not to the extent that makes us empathic.

These being said, the screenwriter of this series is famous for his dramatic twist of the plot. So some very surprising development might not be out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Why do I get the sinking feeling that at this rate, Sana's "issue" will be entirely anticlimactic and most likely become a small footnote of the final episode?
Old 2007-12-18, 18:46   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-18, 19:07   Link #36
DanielSong39

It would be a "shocker" if Nanaka went down in flames in episode 13.

Only thing that can save the series for me at this point.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-12-18 at 19:23.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:11   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-18, 19:45   Link #38
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

One episode is not enough to tie up everything nicely, Sana is going to get shafted.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:49   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
About this whole "why is she going whacky over a sunset now after all this time"....um, ever heard of not looking at a sunset? I've seen one sunset in my entire lifetime, back when I was a little kid. And only because my parents told me to. It doesn't matter how many sunsets have been in her lifetime. It matters how many she's seen. Is it really so wrong for somebody to not be interested in a sunset and not look at one? And photos wouldn't work, because it wouldn't have the shining, realistic, fire-like effect that you'd have to witness with your own eyes.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:04   Link #40
DanielSong39

Two words: plot device.
Closed Thread