AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 10:07   Link #2461
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
One Alex Curelea recently penned an opinion piece on what he thinks is wrong with Diablo 3; I figured I'd just leave it and the comments it's spawned here for discussion. Of course, when considering the oft-raised charge that Blizzard has altered drop rates so as to make use of the auction house a necessity to get anywhere on Inferno difficulty... well, consider that the people offering gear for sale obvously got it somewhere...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:22   Link #2462
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
well, consider that the people offering gear for sale obvously got it somewhere...
I have a feeling they have it so depending on race, drop rates change. Like if you're one of the two intel characters, you will largely get strength or dex items, and while some may be extremely good, they're not for your class...And while they'll go for a steep price at the Auction House, they do little to benefit you. Except provide the gold required to buy something you actually can use at the AH. I sware 95% of my drops are either strength or dexterity. I rarely get good intel drops and I do Inferno butcher runs at least 5x's a day. They do happen rarely, but it's akin to throwing a dog a bone...
Old 2012-06-07, 17:04   Link #2463
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
One Alex Curelea recently penned an opinion piece on what he thinks is wrong with Diablo 3; I figured I'd just leave it and the comments it's spawned here for discussion. Of course, when considering the oft-raised charge that Blizzard has altered drop rates so as to make use of the auction house a necessity to get anywhere on Inferno difficulty... well, consider that the people offering gear for sale obvously got it somewhere...
A lot of people cheated with the Act IV exploit though...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 17:32   Link #2464
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

unfortunately, once the econ is ruined by various farming techniques, it would never recover... I do not think blizzard intend people to get into act 4 that fast and flood the market with top end gear making the first 2 act almost trivial beside gold farming...

Sometimes i am willing to suffer if blizzard decide to press a giant "reset" button with all the exploits fixed. They need better internal testing!

From what I heard Warden was not even turned on until 102b.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:28   Link #2465
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'm curious what's going to happen once the RMAH goes online. People are obviously going to put the best stuff over there and those who don't want to pay for virtual goods might get left behind.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:46   Link #2466
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kind of hitting a wall right now in my game. I'm at act IV Hell, and while I have no complaints about my defense (5000-ish DEF, 32k hp), I'm finding my offense severely lacking. It just takes SO long to go through mobs, nevermind the elites I run into on the way to the Crystal Spire.

Is there a target DPS I have to shoot for for this act? I don't really have that much cash though, and it looks like something serviceable that actually has the stats I need might go into the hundreds of thousands.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:54   Link #2467
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Don't bother stat picking; just buy the highest dps weapon for 5-10k even if it's blue. Just remember that any weapon you acquire before Inferno is disposable and not for the long term.

What are you using currently?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-07, 23:00   Link #2468
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sound like a Barb with this kind of defense pre-inferno.
Old 2012-06-07, 23:39   Link #2469
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Duo Maxwell: Actually you'd be surprised, but I play a monk. Which makes it all the more funnier when I outlive the barbarians I party with.

So shoot for 10k DPS ASAP? Going to have to save up then, as even high-damage blues seem to be hefty in price on the AH.

Archon_Wing: A sword with an ASPD mod, stats, and life-steal, plus a socket for red jewel. It's served me well all through Act-II and III, but the HP of the mobs in Act IV are showing the limits of its effectiveness.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:10   Link #2470
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Duo Maxwell: Actually you'd be surprised, but I play a monk. Which makes it all the more funnier when I outlive the barbarians I party with.

So shoot for 10k DPS ASAP? Going to have to save up then, as even high-damage blues seem to be hefty in price on the AH.
My Barb has around 7.5k dps when I finished Hell, so I guess you don't really need that high amount to go on.
And yes, Monk can tank better than a Barbarian even on Inferno, due to their high dex and armor with a lot of option for regeneration, while Barbarian is limited to damage absorbing.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:53   Link #2471
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
My Barb has around 7.5k dps when I finished Hell, so I guess you don't really need that high amount to go on.
And yes, Monk can tank better than a Barbarian even on Inferno, due to their high dex and armor with a lot of option for regeneration, while Barbarian is limited to damage absorbing.
My barb has 7.5k dps and he farms inf siegebreaker with 5NV!
Monk has it "easy" because of various factors imo:
- One with everything: allows them to have very high resist (barb relies on impunity for +50% resist which monks will get if they are in the same party). Also quite economical in terms of gear over AH.
- Dodge scale better than the armor/vit dependency of barbarians.
= Wide array of powerful defensive skills. With enough IAS you can even stunlock mobs with knockbacks.
- More controllable healing options compared to a barbarian's revenge, which requires extra targets in melee range to be effective: that is if it procs.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:14   Link #2472
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Okay, took everyone's advice and bought a blue with high DPS. Finished Hell Act IV with 8000 damage (buffed obviously, but unbuffed around 7.6k), but I guess this is the part now where I have to start saving up for the equipment I need huh? Got 33k HP right now, but I think that value will go down once I start stacking resistances...

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-06-08 at 03:11.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 02:21   Link #2473
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

As a monk, with those stats you have, all you really need is resistence and Inferno Act 1 will be a faceroll.

The actual real wall is Act 2. Like a really high brick wall.
The first lacuni and insect regular mobs will hit you 3-4 times harder than The Butcher.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:22   Link #2474
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
- Dodge scale better than the armor/vit dependency of barbarians.
Dodge is unreliable though, still impressive that your barb can farm siegebreaker. Act 3 is really though, lots of annoying mobs.
Anyway I tried Diablo inferno last night, I don't think my gear is good enough for him.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:47   Link #2475
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

LOL how can people suck so hard and still get to nightmare act 2!?

I pubbed with a wizard who was dying to SINGLE HITS from cave spiders. Who would stand there, channelling disintegrate and MISSING, while wasps pelt him repeatedly. Who would walk into explosions from dead molten champs.

I played a barb and was facerolling white mobs and killing up to two champ mobs or a champ and unique mob at the same time, and had to rez this guy like twenty times or more.

After I left the game I looked up his profile and saw that his gear were all blues, with single stats, un-gemmed, and they were all of stats useless to his class like +strength or +dex.

How can people suck this badly!?!? It's a mystery how he was able to progress this far. I think he had people carry him all the way.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:10   Link #2476
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

For the interested.

Spoiler for My character and stats, for space:

Yeah, while the level of resistances I had kind of helped in Hell, from what I'm reading here they're definitely NOT going to do the same for Inferno. So, is there a target resist before I leave Act I?
Old 2012-06-08, 03:29   Link #2477
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yeah, while the level of resistances I had kind of helped in Hell, from what I'm reading here they're definitely NOT going to do the same for Inferno. So, is there a target resist before I leave Act I?
I still think a target goal of 1/10 total armour is still what you should aim for. So something like 250-300 resist is what you should be looking for. Good luck with that anyway.

Many people say Act II is actually harder than Act III, because of the invisible snakemen and leaping fast monsters. So good luck, seriously.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:38   Link #2478
problemedchild
ô_ô

Stopped slacking and beat Diablo on Inferno. He is actually a lot easier on multiplayer rather than single due to his attacks taking such a long time. Leaves you plenty of time to rez if anything happens.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:48   Link #2479
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So umm, are those pages and tomes worthless after you've leveled up both your guys?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-08, 03:57   Link #2480
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So umm, are those pages and tomes worthless after you've leveled up both your guys?
Useful for crafting lower level stuff. I believe some gems require them to go past the dropped ones.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler