AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 27.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 36.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 24.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-08, 04:20   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Clannad - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

P.S. Premature voting is equivalent to premature... uhm... Do not vote in the poll without actually watching the episode. Since the poll is public, all of us can see who those premature voters are.
Old 2007-11-08, 04:37   Link #2
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

yatta yatta... episode 06.. Kotomi-chan please
Old 2007-11-08, 05:44   Link #3
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Founder's Day.....

Such an important date in Clannad.....
Old 2007-11-08, 06:19   Link #4
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

School Foundation Day... such an important event... a very important event that:
Spoiler for well... not sure if this is spoiler but oh well...:
I can't wait for my favorite character to appear but I think she wouldn't be in this episode as well.

Old 2007-11-08, 14:36   Link #5
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

So...is that Patrick the Starfish I see guest starring in this episode? >.>

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2021.jpg
Old 2007-11-08, 14:48   Link #6
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

as usual heh...

Episode 6: Bullet Summary and Screencaps
edit: screencaps are uploaded now

Gotta post my thoughts later, but the visual quality of this episode is a bit "under the standards". Nothing severe, but quite noticeable compared to the other episodes.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-11-09 at 08:43.
Old 2007-11-08, 14:52   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 06:

Nice Tomoyo After extra.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-11-08 at 15:08.
Old 2007-11-08, 15:21   Link #8
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Sometimes I amaze meself. First to place vote for the Shana ep over there, I find myself first again to place the vote for Clannad.

Anyway, KYO-ANI SAIKO!!! I consider myself a "moderate" Kyo-Ani admirer, but even I have to go rabid at the effort they put into faithfulness, comedy, and script.

- Sanae gets inspiration from Fuuko and makes a whole load of Starfish Bread (TM). But Akio says "Sanae, you're definitely the cutest girl around, BUT YOUR BREAD SUCKS~~~~!!!" (Runs away)

Poor Sanae-san

- Fuuko comes out and goes into her "Fuuko Trance" when being surrounded by all the Starfish Bread (TM). Tomoya realizes Fuuko has been sealed by a magical barrier of starfishes. If she is left unattended, then she'll remain in static motion...

Many centuries later, when the world is ruled is ruled by demi-humans, a traveller discovers what used to be Furukawa Bakery and summons the Legendary Starfish Sorceress in order to save humanity from destruction...Final Starfish Sorceress Fuuko! - COMING SOON!

I'm pleased Kyo-Ani actually animated the whole "Final Starfish Sorceress Fuuko" scene.

- While she's at it, Fuuko has mastered her second Fuuko Trance skill "Drink Juice With Nose".

- Fuuko begins to get popular in the school with her actions, she's even got a Fuuko Fanclub. (Their leader is voiced by none other than Shiraishi Minoru. lol )

- While discussing how to have Kouko-san meet Fuuko in Founder's Day, Sunohara butts in. Fuuko declines his offer to help, so Sunohara decides to challenge her to a duel.

Nagisa: No! You mustn't!
Tomoya: She's right! Do you want to get kicked down the dust chute again?

LMAO

- Anyway, the challenge is to see who can carve a strange creature as described by Sunohara first. Though Fuuko decides to carve Keropi (Nayuki's frog doll) instead. Just when Sunohara thought he'll win, he cuts his finger, so he loses by default.

(To our favourite Kyo-Ani critic Kaioshin: Before you go around shouting "MINDLESS PRODUCT PLACEMENT AGAIN!?" Bear in mind that in the original scene Fuuko carved a Doraemon instead, Kyo-Ani obviously has to make changes due to copyright reasons. So if you want to make a "product placement" accusation, do it to the original writers of the game. )

- Nagisa: It feels like we're like Fuuko's parents...Ah! (blush)
Kawaii~

- Upon seeing Yoshino Yuusuke, Tomoya realizes that's the Yuusuke Fuuko was talking about.

- Tomoya and Nagisa finally persuade Kouko-san to come on Founder's Day. Nagisa is unable to hold back her tears that her voice is unrecognizable. (Good job to Nakahara Mai!) You have to see it to see why it's actually funny.

- Fuuko's weird dream with Tomoya gets the animated treatment. She sure looks cute in her swimsuit.

- Fuuko uses Founder's Day to give as many starfishes as she can. Along the way, she masters the "Switch Places Unknowingly While in Trance" Skill, which involves seeing Fuuko, Kyou, Ryou and Nagisa in maid costumes!

Good use of the starfish/hitotoe pun
Nagisa: I'll help out as well, since there isn't enough people (hitote).
Fuuko: There isn't enough starfishes (hitote) here!?

- Sunohara arrives to flirt with girls from other school. His first target is none other than Kanako from Tomoyo After, making a cameo here. (Though she's credited as "Female Student" here. )

He chases after her, but is stopped by a bear-suit person, who proceeds to kick him out of the window. As expected, the person in the bear-suit is none other than Tomoyo, whom Fuuko gives another starfish to.

- Fuuko finally gives a starfish to her ex-classmate Mitsui, who is moved by Fuuko's effort.

- Finally, KEY hits you when you're emotionally vulnerable after feeding you with a whole load of comedy: Kouko-san does not seem to be able to see Fuuko, as though she were invisible.

In terms of "astral projection powers", Ayu is more powerful in that she is able to project her image to EVERYONE, while Fuuko's is more limited. I'd like to add more, but it's all unrevealed spoilers, so I'll leave it.

If I can give this episode a 20/10, I would.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-11-08 at 15:36.
Old 2007-11-08, 15:29   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well alright, here we are again. I hope people will just keep an open mind on what I have to say.

After 6 eps, I'm still not liking any of the characters all that much, in fact I almost dislike most of them. It's hard to care about Tomoya or what his future is going to be like with him being another of those classic Key sarcastic teenager type leads, it's hard to like Youhei with his over the top alpha male wannabe personality (I also don't like his voice much) and Fuuko's moeness is just not working for me anymore. Thus, even if things do get more tragic, which they are bound to, and it's horrible to say it, but I don't think I'll care buy into the pathos for any of the characters.

The show continues to be absolute eye candy, and Fuuko on the beach in the one dreamish sequence was excellent loli fanservice, but...... I just don't feel anything for her. How is that? Something else good to say, something else..... Fuuko glowing with an aura of bubble stars is kind of amusing, and the overlays are unexpected, random and enhance the mood of some situations.

Still though, liking the characters is a key to enjoying a series, and none of that eye candy and fanservice is really going to help enhance my overall experience, if I can't get up about the average level because of this. If you like the characters that are featured, this episode is bound to be absolute heaven, but if not, what is it? I'm not sure really.

Now I'm sure I'll be countered on this point a number of times, but it's not going to help me like the characters more (redundancy). It's beyond the point of just disliking Youhei now. It's still early, and there's always room for building characters and plotlines (Gundam 00 took it's time as well) so we'll just have to see. Until then I'll have lots of pretty pictures to look at. Though I still can't give this episode anything higher than a 5 again.

And Kinny, we may not agree on a lot, but I didn't even say anything about the Keropi thing, that was a little uncalled for don't you think? In fact it's a strong enough tie between Kanon and Clannad that I can see it making sense, though not in terms of story significance. Though it may just be from my crossover card game experience blurring the lines between the two. Also, Air implied that Kanon exists in the same universe as it (at least in terms of the anime) with the Kanon character cameos, thus we can possibly assume the same for Clannad. Also I've decided to take a lighter approach to these kinds of things in recent months.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-08 at 16:01. Reason: Scratch that, meant Fuuko, not Kotomi. My Bad
Old 2007-11-08, 15:55   Link #10
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I took the trouble of reading your post, be grateful I replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well alright, here we are again. I hope people will just keep an open mind on what I have to say.

After 6 eps, I'm still not liking any of the characters all that much, in fact I almost dislike most of them.
That begs the ultimate question: So why are you still struggling to watch it if you can't like it? Of course, I don't want to be accused of driving you away from discussion, but if you choose to continue to suffer, it's your freedom.

Quote:
The show continues to be absolute eye candy, and Fuuko on the beach in the one dreamish sequence was excellent loli fanservice, but...... I just don't feel anything for her. How is that? Something else good to say, something else.....
How about that scene was taken directly off the original word for word? Nobody's asking you to feel anything for her, that scene was supposed to be funny just with the words alone.

Quote:
Still though, liking the characters is a key to enjoying a series, and none of that eye candy and fanservice is really going to help enhance my overall experience, if I can't get up about the average level because of this.
Again, forgive me for sounding like a seasoned Kagikko lording over a newbie, but eye candy? Fanservice? WHERE? (OK, maybe the swimsuits, but that's just minimal and non-revealing. ) All I see are the comedy interpreted EXACTLY as I have read them in the game. You're just making excuses for yourself for continuing your long suffering journey.

Quote:
Now I'm sure I'll be countered on this point a number of times, but it's not going to help me like the characters more. It's beyond the point of just disliking Youhei now. It's still early, and there's always room for building characters and plotlines (Gundam 00 took it's time as well) so we'll just have to see. Until then I'll have lots of pretty pictures to look at. Though I still can't give this episode anything higher than a 5 again.
As expected, everytime Kyo-Ani goes up another level, we can always rely on our favourite Kyo-Ani critic to give the episode a patronising 5.

Since you're American, I will use baseball as an analogy: You're beginning to sound like a bitter Yankees fan moaning about every Red Sox win. (No offense to any Yankees fans out there. I don't watch baseball BTW. )

I shall respond no more.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-11-08 at 16:10.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:01   Link #11
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

After 6 eps, I'm still not liking any of the characters all that much, in fact I almost dislike most of them. It's hard to care about Tomoya or what his future is going to be like with him being another of those classic Key sarcastic teenager type leads, it's hard to like Youhei with his over the top alpha male wannabe personality (I also don't like his voice much) and Fuuko's moeness is just not working for me anymore. Thus, even if things do get more tragic, which they are bound to, and it's horrible to say it, but I don't think I'll care buy into the pathos for any of the characters.

The show continues to be absolute eye candy, and Fuuko on the beach in the one dreamish sequence was excellent loli fanservice, but...... I just don't feel anything for her. How is that? Something else good to say, something else..... Fuuko glowing with an aura of bubble stars is kind of amusing, and the overlays are unexpected, random and enhance the mood of some situations.

Still though, liking the characters is a key to enjoying a series, and none of that eye candy and fanservice is really going to help enhance my overall experience, if I can't get up about the average level because of this. Now I'm sure I'll be countered on this point a number of times, but it's not going to help me like the characters more. It's beyond the point of just disliking Youhei now. It's still early, and there's always room for building characters and plotlines (Gundam 00 took it's time as well) so we'll just have to see. Until then I'll have lots of pretty pictures to look at. Though I still can't give this episode anything higher than a 5 again.
I'm pretty much having the same problem as you. Because I usually enjoy Key's works so much, I'm gonna try to stick with it.....at least until ep 13 to see if it picks up. Overall, yea.....I totally agree that its harder to get into the characters as much as other Key series. Also, the story is dragging a bit, Though lately its been getting better. On the bright side though, I think its the funniest Key anime to date, so thats one aspect of the show I'm absolutely enjoying. (btw, I haven't seen ep 6 yet.)

and Kinny: no need to BASH someone for simply stating their opinion.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:14   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I took the trouble of reading your post, be grateful I replied.

That begs the ultimate question: So why are you still struggling to watch it if you can't like it? Of course, I don't want to be accused of driving you away from discussion, but if you choose to continue to suffer, it's your freedom.

How about that scene was taken directly off the original word for word? Nobody's asking you to feel anything for her, that scene was supposed to be funny just with the words alone.

Again, forgive me for sounding like a seasoned Kagikko lording over a newbie, but eye candy? Fanservice? WHERE? All I see are the comedy interpreted EXACTLY as I have read them in the game. You're just making excuses for yourself for continuing your long suffering journey.

As expected, everytime Kyo-Ani goes up another level, we can always rely on our favourite Kyo-Ani critic to give the episode a patronising 5.

Since you're American, I will use baseball as an analogy: You're beginning to sound like a bitter Yankees fan moaning about every Red Sox win. (No offense to any Yankees fans out there. I don't watch baseball BTW. )

I shall respond no more.
I'm not American, I'm Canadian. You should have used a hockey example like me being upset that one of the only team too lose to this years awful Maple Leafs team, happened to be my favourite team, the Montreal Canadiens. How did they blow it?!

Anyway, I think that the proper interpretation of the characters is good fanservice. Considering a lot of studios penchant for altering the material to suit their standards, I would consider this shows approach to adaptation to be good fanservice (even if I don't happen to like them). That's still beside the point I'm trying to make though.

As for being a Kyoani critic, I don't really think that way anymore. I'm trying to put that behind me (and I do admit my past faults in that regard). I still have my review method though and I can't change that. I also completely understand your reasons for the way you voted, even though they're different from mine. The way I see it, there's no way you couldn't give it a ten, as I can see how it delivered for you and your passion for the Clannad story. We differ a lot in that regard though, that is, how we view the Clannad story and characters.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:14   Link #13
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ara? Episode 6 already? Screenshots of ep. 6 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Pls. look at it at your own risk!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-11-08, 16:41   Link #14
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Actually, I thought this exchange was fairly civilized, relatively speaking. This was actually a decent discussion that highlight different views and interpretations of characters, the definition of fanservice, and execution of the original story. Well, sort of. Or I'm just growing more and more jaded.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:42   Link #15
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

That piano music playing at the end of the episode before the credits: is it also from the game? If it is, does it sound just like the game version or is it different?

On the episode and series in general: I'm still loving it. Lots of positives and practically no negatives I can gather so far. As expected of KyoAni. I don't judge works as good or bad though, so maybe my opinions don't appeal to some people. I see every series as a set of strengths and weaknesses, and believe there's something to be gained from every and any series. So my standards are really flexible.

The animation though does feel a little less than usual. I can't point out examples, but it does feel that way. Of course even so it's a whole level above practically everything else in the market right now.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:45   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
That piano music playing at the end of the episode before the credits: is it also from the game? If it is, does it sound just like the game version or is it different?
If you mean the music that's played right before the ED, that's the fourth track on the original soundtrack, 'Machi, Toki no Nagare, Hito'. It's been played a few times already in the anime.

If you didn't already know, the anime adaptation is using the original games score.
Old 2007-11-08, 16:58   Link #17
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

2nd question, is it exactly the same as from the original game score or did they remix it, edit it somewhat?
Old 2007-11-08, 17:20   Link #18
Seair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
2nd question, is it exactly the same as from the original game score or did they remix it, edit it somewhat?
i think they did "cut" the music shorter from the original game version to fit into the anime scene. It is defintely not remixed or edited, but they might re-play and re-record the music with different equipments and instruments because it sounds with some effects that the game version doesnt have. As KyoAni's tradition, the BGMs in the anime of KANON, AIR, and CLANNAD are pretty much the same as the BGMs in the game. they rarely remix them or edit them.
Old 2007-11-08, 17:22   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seair View Post
i think they did cut the music shorter from the original game version to fit into the anime scene.
Cut isn't the word we should be using here, they just started playing the BGM at a different part, not right at the beginning.
Old 2007-11-08, 17:23   Link #20
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
that was a little uncalled for don't you think?
If you think that's uncalled for... then what about this?

What the, Firechick hasn't voted yet? I didn't find your sarcasm to be amusing at all, it has a hint of trying to hit an ego. At least I would choose someone who'll honestly vote 10 because they think positively about the show even though they haven't seen it. Well, anyway, I have nothing against you but sometimes you do things that are also uncalled for which is irritating people.

Forgot to add, the AIR TV and KANON scene was funny, and also, how Sunohara accidentally cut his soft muscle.
Closed Thread