AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-19, 05:17   Link #21
marin

Of course kids in America got to see the breast-missile thing when it was first done in Mazinger-Z (brought to America as Tranzor-Z I believe)
Old 2004-04-21, 13:10   Link #22
Utils
Inactive Member

There should be more than just two groups translating this. There should be at least thirty groups translating this.
Old 2004-04-21, 15:43   Link #23
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utils
There should be more than just two groups translating this. There should be at least thirty groups translating this.
What would be the point?

I'm not trying to flame (well, yes I am), I'm being serious here. What would be acheived by having 30 groups work on this show? It's already coming out within a week of airing (AiA-A-Classic version is coming out VERY soon). It's well translated and encoded as-is, so please, enlighten my dark, twisted soul:

What would be acheived by having more groups working on this series?

(This is a rhetorical question, the answer is NOTHING.)
Old 2004-04-21, 15:58   Link #24
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
What would be the point?

I'm not trying to flame (well, yes I am), I'm being serious here. What would be acheived by having 30 groups work on this show? It's already coming out within a week of airing (AiA-A-Classic version is coming out VERY soon). It's well translated and encoded as-is, so please, enlighten my dark, twisted soul:

What would be acheived by having more groups working on this series?

(This is a rhetorical question, the answer is NOTHING.)
/me melts exedore ¬_¬
Old 2004-04-21, 16:36   Link #25
box-chan

i guess I'm holding the "panda luvin'" flag for this show... Let me grab my copy of candle in the wind while I'm at it. :P

watched several times now and just find it to be a quirky sort of "wtf?" style; but not in the bobobo sense. the breast missiles are to me, where our military (here in the U.S.) needs to be heading. in fact, let me volunteer for the hands on exercises. or something equally tasteless.

sorry
Old 2004-04-22, 00:29   Link #26
Utils
Inactive Member

My point is that one is fine. Then I saw another group doing it and I think two is insane. ESPECIALLY for this. It's silly. I guess they have a quota to meet or something. Six lines of text and we have two groups doing it?

Give me a break.
Old 2004-04-22, 01:16   Link #27
Tima
Konichiwa

All I have to say is kawii. It's just really kawii. The chest missle thing funny and suprising at the same time. I do however wish that the characters talked.
Old 2004-04-22, 02:26   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol this one is so funny. Specially I saw Mazinger Z when I was little so I remember some of the scene the Panda Z did, it was great. ^^

Music is great too, JAM Project. \(^^\)

Nice and smooth animation too but need some voice actor for impact tho. "It's burning up!!" ^^
Old 2004-04-22, 23:16   Link #29
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 2.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-23, 10:25   Link #30
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Love this series, possibly my favorite one out right now. As to the complaints about the characters not talking, there isn't really much need for dialogue, the plots are simple and you can usually tell what the characters are thinking without them saying a word.
Old 2004-04-26, 00:18   Link #31
MenchiRations

Send a message via AIM to MenchiRations
I thought the first episode was okay, though the second episode definetly won me over. I couldn't stop laughing during it and I think a lot of it is because of the constant messages that were going across the screen.
Old 2004-05-01, 01:27   Link #32
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
I liked it alot. The minimal animation and sound actually works very well here, and each episode has gotten me to laugh. The little touches, like Moo-Jumbo's joystick cord add alot of finesse to the show. Great stuff.
Old 2004-05-01, 11:46   Link #33
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol episode 3,
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-01, 12:10   Link #34
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i'm soo not watching this. dl'ed the first episode and was shocked of the nothingness. there wasn't any real humor in this. yeah yeah, don't judge a show from just the first episode. well in this case: YES, I DO!
Old 2004-05-01, 13:12   Link #35
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
This almost reminds me of a really elementary level gradeschool anime. One that grade schoolers would love. I just couldn't get into it and deleted it after the first 5 minutes.
Thats about what happened to me as well. I found the music a little annoying too.
Old 2004-05-01, 16:09   Link #36
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
i'm soo not watching this. dl'ed the first episode and was shocked of the nothingness. there wasn't any real humor in this. yeah yeah, don't judge a show from just the first episode. well in this case: YES, I DO!
If you didn't like the first episode, you won't like the others.

You either get the humor, or you don't. I get the humor, and I think it's real funny stuff, but I can easily understand how someone wouldn't.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:43   Link #37
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
I found the music a little annoying too.
I really like the music! It's really...."ambient"?

And in episode 2, when the music built to a climax after the final outrage, with the spoon!
Old 2004-05-12, 23:38   Link #38
FarthingRedFox

Angry Panda-z

attn. Raspberry Heaven

STOP MAKING (VERY BAD) FANSUBS Of PANDA-Z

Anime-Classic (with Anine-In-Action) is doing the PANDA-Z subbing project

so leave Pan-Taron and the rest of the Robonimals ALONE!
Old 2004-05-12, 23:47   Link #39
Fronzel
Schmuck

"Stepping" on another group's project by releasing the next episode they haven't gave me a bad taste, so I never touched it.

Was it that bad?
Old 2004-05-13, 03:08   Link #40
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Not only is this subject out of context for the Fansub forum, it's not appropriate for the Fansub Groups forum either. Please do not whine and bitch about fansub groups, if you really must, then contact the group directly and inform them of your issues.

Edit: Merged with existing Panda Z thread.
Closed Thread