AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 05:02   Link #301
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
What exactly would be the perfect Valentine's gift in your respective opinions?

Ambiguous question, I know. Let's just say I'm doing a bit of personal research... for short story I'm writing.
It depends on what kind of couple you want to depict. Do they care for each other genuinely? Is it the first time they celebrate the holiday or are they together for so long they don't remember the first time they spent the day together?
There is no real perfect gift, it depends on the characters. Since it's a short story I'd suggest something simple with a personal twist (unusual favorite flowers for example).
I'll assume the loveydovey varienty, for a general suggestion:

For a girl:
Something with thought in it. The "thought of you when I saw that" varienty. A stupid plush, a framed photo etc. Something that calls back on a former date or something either said. A card with a lovely note, not just "Happy V-day! - Vic". Maybe something she can brag about in front of her friends like a necklace ;D
Time taken specifically off to spent it with each other; maybe even prepared a special something to go to. Just spent some quality time together.

For a guy:
Food and new sexy lingerie. Quality time.

Don't take me too seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Source - NPR
"Hit on" literally, huh? I'm romantic after all!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 05:02   Link #302
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Honestly though I'm enjoying single life as it is. Doesn't mean of course I intend to remain single for the rest of my life, but you don't always need a significant other to enjoy life.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 05:06   Link #303
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Agreed on that statement, but I tend to I loose that attitude and belief when days like this arrive.

Anyway, Happy Valentines day to all the love birds, hope your girlfriends/boyfriends buy you lots of presents or do whatever makes you happy
Old 2011-02-14, 05:07   Link #304
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What exactly would be the perfect Valentine's gift in your respective opinions?
To me, if would be a full day together. No better present than someone who gives up their personal time and decide to spend it with you. Like a certain striped user said, quality time indeed
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 05:14   Link #305
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
To me, if would be a full day together. No better present than someone who gives up their personal time and decide to spend it with you. Like a certain striped user said, quality time indeed
Solid answer, I completely agree.
Old 2011-02-14, 05:43   Link #306
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Honestly though I'm enjoying single life as it is. Doesn't mean of course I intend to remain single for the rest of my life, but you don't always need a significant other to enjoy life.
Yeah I agree with you there.

But it would be nice for say, to have someone preferably of the opposite sex who shares common interest with you to spend time with on such a romantically deemed day.

Little walk in the park holding hands, or going to one of those outside malls and looking at all the pretty lights that they still have up. Sounds nice doesn't it
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 06:04   Link #307
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
^ Agreed on that statement, but I tend to I loose that attitude and belief when days like this arrive.

Anyway, Happy Valentines day to all the love birds, hope your girlfriends/boyfriends buy you lots of presents or do whatever makes you happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Solid answer, I completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Yeah I agree with you there.

But it would be nice for say, to have someone preferably of the opposite sex who shares common interest with you to spend time with on such a romantically deemed day.
Are you guys being tsundere about being single, or serious about this matter?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 06:20   Link #308
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's... it's not like I want to be single or anything!
Old 2011-02-14, 06:34   Link #309
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
D-don't quote me on this matter, I'm IN A BLOODY GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!!!!

XD

Oh dear, all aboard the bipolar train. Anyways, I'm going to say it's a bit of both for me.
Old 2011-02-14, 06:48   Link #310
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I find it nearly impossible to believe you've seen much anime with that question.. but ->
http://www.google.com/images?q=maid+cafe
I was just making sure it isn't one of those cafe where you have to dress formally like in France. lol I wish I had one near my area. Thanks for carifying

Quote:
I think we have to many tsunderes in this forum

Well, hopefully I'll create a good talk or story later today
Old 2011-02-14, 06:49   Link #311
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Happy chocolate day everyone. Best day of the year to treat myself to expensive chocolate.
Old 2011-02-14, 07:01   Link #312
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Hey, I-I r-resent that statement. I honestly congratulated Valentine's day to everyone... honestly
Here, have a chocolate everybody... but it's not like I posted here because of you.
Old 2011-02-14, 07:14   Link #313
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
D-don't quote me on this matter, I'm IN A BLOODY GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!!!!

XD

Oh dear, all aboard the bipolar train. Anyways, I'm going to say it's a bit of both for me.
Haha, I love that movie. You made me laugh so hard.

We create our own paths, so us being single is our own doing really. I mean isn't there something we could have done a little differently? An opprotunity passed up because of whatever reason? When I think about how I am single I think about these things. Like what I passed, what I haven't done, who I have turned down and who have turned me down, despite the fact that we're probably good people. If you think about your flaws or how you don't measure up, you're doing it wrong. Everyone deserves to find that bit of happiness. Anyway, I have created my being single on this day, and to be honest I am going to use it to get chores done so help me!

Edit: 50% off all chocolate afterwards you'll know where I will be on the 15th.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 07:20   Link #314
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Not really being tsundere. I love Valentines Day, some people just think being single sucks or doesn't suck depending who you talk to.
I still love the day regardless of what my relationship status says on facebook lmao
Am I not allowed to?
Old 2011-02-14, 07:31   Link #315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, it's just that someone had said that Valentine's day is Single Awareness Day (S.A.D. in short, by me), and we picked up from there
As for singles, this day can be fun too, but going to the mall for batteries and seeing all the happy couples together kinda makes you wish you had one too.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 07:42   Link #316
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well one could always just sit at home and watch "Ghost" all day long. "heh"
Old 2011-02-14, 07:56   Link #317
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

To everyone :3

Spoiler for translation:
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 08:01   Link #318
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

I actually like seeing couples together being lovey dovey. It's not a reflection of any inability of mine or anyone else really. It's just nice to see people sharing moments together in this crazy world we live in. I will most likely have to go out to get detergent, but seeing couples won't bother me.

Though I strongly recommend for those who are single take some time for yourself today. Eat that meal you like, or the candy you enjoy, play the game you like, or watch the movie you enjoy. Afterall you've got to love yourself before you can love another. Be happy in yourself before you can be happy with another. I'm showing my self love by doing the laundry, and other chores (I have been shamelessly procrastinating).
Old 2011-02-14, 08:08   Link #319
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post

Though I strongly recommend for those who are single take some time for yourself today. Eat that meal you like, or the candy you enjoy, play the game you like, or watch the movie you enjoy. Afterall you've got to love yourself before you can love another. Be happy in yourself before you can be happy with another.
Spoken like a true poet.
Old 2011-02-14, 08:09   Link #320
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Haha, thank you~ I just don't like to see people feel valueless. In my eyes there is no such thing as a worthless person. So I hope they take the time to appreciate themselves and their lives.