AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 01:37   Link #5101
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
If you are trying to say that Athena had suffer greatly in her past, I think all of us realized that unless we are idiots.

She had suffer but the losing that past, the 16 years of her life which represent who is she, is much more tormenting. Her past, her parents, her love, who she is...which she never want to forget. She may went through pain but at least she realized there are people who care for her and know of her true existence.
if she doesn't want to lose it that badly, then she'll recover quickly
just give her her diary or something like that, her details. isn't she the board chairman of hakuou academy?
those pains will be easier to handle when she remember it after she lost her memory
this still can be said/ considered as a new life.
this new life can brings new happiness

lol at F4 : meteor garden xD

yeah how painful her life is
she'll continue to life
if there's a way to reduce or maybe even to erase her pain, why not?

Quote:
Her parents were dead before she entered the Royal Garden, and it shown that she is very affection toward her parents which was probably why she wanted to obtain the Power of God. And right now, you want her to forget her parents including everything dear to her and saying it's a good thing.

Yea, forget everything about your parents, even their existences and their deaths is a good thing. Yea, don't know who you and your important ones are is worst than being lonely. But wait, living in a world with FULL of strangers without knowing who they are, without knowing your love ones, and who you are is the TRUE DEFINITION of loneliness.

"New life brings new love"---wait, but you are saying for her benefit, right? And the person she truly loves is Hayate with her REAL self.
What is beneficial to make her FORGET about the person she truly loves that she had been searching for 10 YEARS? And get her a new one with a personality that's not her own?
okay, her parents isn't bad
but they could died several months after the birth of a-tan.
such a mean and greedy person like mikado could be the cause. 0.0
mikado is a mean and greedy jigsaw 0.0
mikado knew that a-tan has a good potential
he gave the tennousu things to another person, and told him to keep it as secret.
he adopt and raised a-tan to be his tools till she got her punishment.
he told many lies to a-tan bout her family.
a-tan knew bout her family from mikado (which is a lie)
a-tan want to take her family's name back because that's her rights as the member of tennouse family.

when people lost their memory, most of them will look after their identification. I'm sure Machina and Hayate would inform her about her profile. They'll skip or shorten the bad part.

because the new personality becomes a-tan. And a-tan is a-tan. the benefit is that she would able to get better person to be loved. If she loves Hayate that badly, then her memory about him should be back immediately or she'll feel something strange bout Hayate, soon enough, she'll discover her feeling. Many broken couples reunited after a memory crash, that's prove how they really loved each other.
They started their life again, a new life =)
that memory crash could change the way they loved each other, a new love =)
that's how new life brings new love =)

Quote:
The "agreement" was/could be that both Athena and Midas had the same objective which is the desired for the stone.

Every mistress needs a butler. And as you can see, Machina is not just any butler. We all know that people are after her money and trying to kill her, so? She have the strength to protect herself unlike Nagi. Won't it be better for Nagi to get rid of her inheritance?

Ok, there may be a way to separate the spirit without breaking the stone. And if there is such a way, then Hayate could save both Nagi and Athena without Athena losing her memories.
feel compelled to make an agreement with a holy and greedy soul. Almost under full control or possessed by a holy and greedy soul. those r pains >.<

A-tan should be able to hire better butler.
His power could be from A-tan too, like Hayate's case.
and
no, nagi has been spoiled by mikado
and nagi doesn't have enough power/money to maintain her properties.
losing her inheritance = losing almost all her properties = losing her lifestyle = losing her smile (Hayate made a promise to save her position) = etc

if a-tan doesn't lose her memory, her amount of pains would be still the same. With losing her memory, a-tan may have smaller amount of pains.
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 02:35   Link #5102
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltorn View Post
if she doesn't want to lose it that badly, then she'll recover quickly
just give her her diary or something like that, her details. isn't she the board chairman of hakuou academy?
those pains will be easier to handle when she remember it after she lost her memory
this still can be said/ considered as a new life.
this new life can brings new happiness

lol at F4 : meteor garden xD

yeah how painful her life is
she'll continue to life
if there's a way to reduce or maybe even to erase her pain, why not?
Schrödinger's cat.

Sure, forgetting the past means forgetting her current pains. However, it will give her new torments, new pains that's even worst. Look at her perspective, not yours, if you want whats benefit for her. Or else, it is just for your self-satisfaction or self-justification.

Quote:
okay, her parents isn't bad
but they could died several months after the birth of a-tan.
such a mean and greedy person like mikado could be the cause. 0.0
mikado is a mean and greedy jigsaw 0.0
mikado knew that a-tan has a good potential
he gave the tennousu things to another person, and told him to keep it as secret.
he adopt and raised a-tan to be his tools till she got her punishment.
he told many lies to a-tan bout her family.
a-tan knew bout her family from mikado (which is a lie)
a-tan want to take her family's name back because that's her rights as the member of tennouse family.
No, no, Nagi is an adopted grand-daughter of Mikado. That's why he always playing with the inheritance and her. Wait, and Nagi is Hayate's sister. Did you see how similar her father was to Hayate? The resembling is uncanny.

It'd be a million years from now for Mikado to raise Athena. Athena was not a tool, and she had her own goal when working with Mikado; partners in crimes. She was well-aware of the ordeals and Mikado's thoughts.

Quote:
when people lost their memory, most of them will look after their identification. I'm sure Machina and Hayate would inform her about her profile. They'll skip or shorten the bad part.

because the new personality becomes a-tan. And a-tan is a-tan. the benefit is that she would able to get better person to be loved. If she loves Hayate that badly, then her memory about him should be back immediately or she'll feel something strange bout Hayate, soon enough, she'll discover her feeling. Many broken couples reunited after a memory crash, that's prove how they really loved each other.
They started their life again, a new life =)
that memory crash could change the way they loved each other, a new love =)
that's how new life brings new love =).
Can't argue you with that.

Quote:
feel compelled to make an agreement with a holy and greedy soul. Almost under full control or possessed by a holy and greedy soul. those r pains >.<

A-tan should be able to hire better butler.
His power could be from A-tan too, like Hayate's case.
and
no, nagi has been spoiled by mikado
and nagi doesn't have enough power/money to maintain her properties.
losing her inheritance = losing almost all her properties = losing her lifestyle = losing her smile (Hayate made a promise to save her position) = etc

if a-tan doesn't lose her memory, her amount of pains would be still the same. With losing her memory, a-tan may have smaller amount of pains.
Her head feels pain because of the spirit? Then just get rid of the spirit.

Keeping her memories meaning remember the most important person to her right now, which is Hayate. Losing the memories of him is probably much worst than ANY PAIN she ever felt, aside from her parents' death.

Just let Athena and Midas destroy the world and relieve everyone from pain and future suffering. No one can feel pain anymore.

Nagi is weak; it's a good thing that no assassin would go after her if she lost the inheritance. Moreover, She really needs to learn how to protect herself and be more depending on herself; she needs to get out of this world of "spoiled by Mikado." Changing her life style is the best way to do so. She will fail in life if all she depends on is money. Money can't buy everything. She has to start somewhere. Or maybe not, if she is that in need of money to live.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-12-01 at 03:05.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 03:47   Link #5103
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Schrödinger's cat.

Sure, forgetting the past means forgetting her current pains. However, it will give her new torments, new pains that's even worst. Look at her perspective, not yours, if you want whats benefit for her. Or else, it is just for your self-satisfaction or self-justification.

No, no, Nagi is an adopted grand-daughter of Mikado. That's why he always playing with the inheritance and her. Wait, and Nagi is Hayate's sister. Did you see how similar her father was to Hayate? The resembling is uncanny.

It'd be a million years from now for Mikado to raise Athena. Athena was not a tool, and she had her own goal when working with Mikado; partners in crimes. She was well-aware of the ordeals and Mikado's thoughts.
Can't argue you with that.

Keeping her memories meaning remember the most important person to her right now, which is Hayate. Losing the memories of him is probably much worst than ANY PAIN she ever felt, aside from her parents' death.

Just let Athena and Midas destroy the world and relieve everyone from pain and future suffering. No one can feel pain anymore.

Nagi is weak; it's a good thing that no assassin would go after her if she lost the inheritance. Moreover, She really needs to learn how to protect herself and be more depending on herself; she needs to get out of this world of "spoiled by Mikado." Changing her life style is the best way to do so. She will fail in life if all she depends on is money. Money can't buy everything. She has to start somewhere. Or maybe not, if she is that in need of money to live.
I think its better that Athena loses her memory,
seriously,
and then keep a tape about her life so she can watch it endlessly,
just like the story 50 First Date

Anyway,
Nagi must not lose the inheritance,
Just like Vol said,
she need the money.

Anyway,
this is manga,
things can suddenly be 180 degrees change,
let just see what happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Spoiler for Umm... "mild" cuss words ahead.. :

Oh yeah, Wolfnagi, your super cool story is giving me dangerous thoughts. It's like I wanna cut my wrists when I'm reading it.
What do you mean by dangerous thought?
Do you mean by MJ's Dangerous?
An yway, here's some spoiler,
chapter 3 take place in EoTW arc so prepare for some RG
Old 2009-12-01, 04:07   Link #5104
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
I think its better that Athena loses her memory,
seriously,
and then keep a tape about her life so she can watch it endlessly,
just like the story 50 First Date
You don't really need to state the obvious. Its not like opinion is important to me. Maybe Rah's, nahhhh.
Old 2009-12-01, 04:27   Link #5105
Wolfnagi

Anyway,
AMv have been endangered,
read the article below (from wikipedia)
AMV and copyright infringement

The Japanese culture is generally permissive with regard to the appropriation of ideas. Works such as dōjinshi, unauthorized comics continuing the story of an official comic series, are actually encouraged by many anime makers.[6] These dōjinshi take an original copyrighted work and expand upon the story, allowing the characters to continue on after, before, or during the original story. Most anime makers encourage this practice, as it expands their series. Some see it as a tribute while others see it from a business viewpoint that it draws in more support for the anime than it would have had otherwise. Some mangaka create their own dōjinshi, such as Maki Murakami's "circle" Crocodile Ave (Gravitation).

The question has been raised of how such works can continue to exist, or such organizations to flourish, when they do so with questionable legality. The answer is that many of the Japanese authors encourage it—several of these authors began their careers with the same kinds of projects they witness anime fans working on today (ex. Clamp).

In recent years there has been an increased demand, primarily on the part of the record industry, for the removal of AMVs from sites like YouTube, Google Video, or the AnimeMusicVideos.org aggregation site, with particular regard to YouTube due to its relative popularity compared to other AMV sources, as well as its for-profit status. Musical performers and their representative record labels have been requesting the removal of some music videos from websites where they are made available for download. Public discussions and perspectives give varying accounts of exactly how widespread these actions have become. In November 2005, the administrator of AnimeMusicVideos.org was contacted by Wind-up Records, requesting the removal of content featuring the work of the bands Creed, Evanescence, and Seether.[7] Songs on AMVs uploaded on YouTube are sometimes removed due to copyright infringement of either TV Tokyo or the Warner Music Group.

Maybe that are some of the reason why Vol vid has been taken.

and Rah definitely agree on time-travelling thory but that theory,
Nahhhh

Edit:
while searching for some articles,
i went to check at AMV sites and found one very outrageous amv (not-HnG related though) but still, very funny
here's the link
Hellsing amv
Old 2009-12-01, 04:59   Link #5106
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

I don't know but everything you just said would be hmm.. too tragic and dramatic already? I've read lots of fanfics and they were a good read, but it's getting really farfetched if it would actually happen. Ahh forget my argument I just forgot that it's a comedy series that anything could damned happen to it and I like very tragic and dramatic stuff if it includes Hayate.. screw that I just contradicted myself.

Well I don't really expect it to become a tearfest or depressfest just like Elfen Lied, but somewhere in that magnitude if something like that would actually happen. Resolving the conflict here would actually need a sacrifice so I would imagine either any one of them dying (special mention: Athena; My sadistic side says Hayate) and would lead to a bittersweet ending but whatever, I just want to enjoy my abstinence of 2 weeks yet I'm still here lurking about. (Damn you concentration! Let me work on my requirements on college and not let me lurk elsewhere on the net!)

Hmm, does emo Hayate irritate the majority of fans around here? Because it's makin me damned happy. I just like him suffer, that's all.
Old 2009-12-01, 09:32   Link #5107
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
I don't know but everything you just said would be hmm.. too tragic and dramatic already? I've read lots of fanfics and they were a good read, but it's getting really farfetched if it would actually happen. Ahh forget my argument I just forgot that it's a comedy series that anything could damned happen to it and I like very tragic and dramatic stuff if it includes Hayate.. screw that I just contradicted myself.

Well I don't really expect it to become a tearfest or depressfest just like Elfen Lied, but somewhere in that magnitude if something like that would actually happen. Resolving the conflict here would actually need a sacrifice so I would imagine either any one of them dying (special mention: Athena; My sadistic side says Hayate) and would lead to a bittersweet ending but whatever, I just want to enjoy my abstinence of 2 weeks yet I'm still here lurking about. (Damn you concentration! Let me work on my requirements on college and not let me lurk elsewhere on the net!)

Hmm, does emo Hayate irritate the majority of fans around here? Because it's makin me damned happy. I just like him suffer, that's all.
OMG there is something running in your sign! SLAP IT FAST!
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 09:33   Link #5108
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

The only one that makes sense anymore is leoblack9. Let me guess. You want him to suffer, but you also want a happy ending? Somewhat like me, I guess.. I think...
maybe... hahaha!

Anyway...

What the hell are you people talking about? Memory loss? Where did that come from? I have a slightly hard time with understanding Voltorn's posts, so I'll take the liberty of ignoring everything you just said (not just Voltorn specifically).

Hayate will save Athena.
Hayate won't betray Nagi without some form of consent.
Hayate will probably use a third option. Why would Isumi even mention such a thing if it ends up not existing?

The chat that Nagi and Hayate are about to have is going to be fundamental in regard to what he'll decide to do.

Hayate is dumb. If Nagi tells him that it's "ok", it's not really like that and it would make her sad if he didn't understand it, but I'm referring only to the choice he can make between the two. It's not a money issue if he stays with her. After attaining more information by reading things again (well, not that I've read all that much. - to come to a better understanding I'd have to read the whole thing again and write things down. Like for example: Hayate promised this, Isumi did that and that, these people know of this secret, and these might be evil, conspiring, etc...), I've come to the conclusion that Nagi probably knows more that she's letting on.

She's probably connected most things already, and this whole last minute party, even though it's probably not entirely her idea (Hakuo trio), it somehow feels like it's a bit exaggerated. Perhaps she feels like that she'll lose her money, because Hayate is suffering because of it. And let's face it. She doesn't really need that much frekkin' money. But at the same time, by discarding her inheritance she also automatically throws Hayate away (at least what I think is going on in her head...). She really doesn't want that, but she also doesn't want to see him this sad anymore.

I get the feeling that once they return to Japan they won't have the mansion anymore, or perhaps they won't return together? Hayate might temporarily go on Athena's side, but as they return to Japan, he'd get worried about Nagi, and by going to the mansion to check on her, he'd find out that she's been disinherited already (perhaps he didn't break the gem - say that Mikado made up another rule without informing him, like.. you joined with Athena, and even if you didn't give it to her directly, you're her butler, even though temporarily, you, and everything you own are her property. Lovely, huh?).

That would probably really shock him. He still believes that she cannot live without her wealth. True that she'd need quite a lot of adaption for the amount of time that she got spoiled, but at least she wouldn't have assassins on her neck anymore. She can be more normal like Ayumu (of sorts). Though I wonder if she has enough money by herself to pay for Hakuo. Imagine her being in the same class as Ayumu. Maybe she'd get bullied or something, because she was a rich girl, is younger and smarter than most kids, or whatnot.. and Ayumu stands in for her ^_^

Awww, I wanna take em' home! xD

Uhmm, well, I forgot loads of things I was about to type, since I get new ideas usually just by typing something else entirely...

Anyway, I have a question in regard with using "her" assets. Does she have access to the money directly, or does it go by proxy through Mikado? Like... she orders something online (yeh, crappy example, but whatever..), but it first needs to go through confirmation before payment.

I thought about that since she always says how her own assets (for real this time) aren't enough to sustain her current lifestyle. So basically she can't just withdraw money from Mikado's account, or something? After all that would be too easy... Hmm...

And Maria...

She wouldn't want anything bad happening to Nagi. What if Mikado threatens her while Hayate isn't present that if she doesn't comply, he'll make Nagi's life miserable? Hmmm... okay, now I'm really starting hate Mikado just by thinking of the possibility.

Hummm... what I just wrote is a bit messy. In short (I think):

Nagi might let go of her inheritance (indirectly through Hayate) by telling him it's ok, that she won't lose it if he goes do something, but only if he promises to return safe back to her, or something like that.. - bad example, yeh..

Got this idea from the huge party she's throwing. It feels like a goodbye of sorts to her rich life. Maybe I'm just over thinking things...

If there's no alternative, then this is the "consent" that Hayate needs to pick one of them. He's dumb as a log, and might not perceive the real feelings (truth) that she put into those words that allow him to go to Athena's side...

Well, if I guessed at least 30%, then we'll get some sort of drama soon enough. I wanna see Nagi disinherited, and Hayate cutting himself by imagining the worst case scenario (say that he wasn't present when she lost the mansion), and blaming himself, and such...

Maybe he doesn't get to see her for x amount of time.. even years maybe... and then out of the blue they meet again. She's a lot more mature and grown up, and perhaps he falls for her? .... I'd hate to see that. NAGI IS GOOD AS SHE IS NOW! HEAR ME, HATA!? I'LL MAKE YOU CHOKE ON WALNUTS IF YOU MAKE HER OLD!! <3

Hmmm, was that all I wanted to say? Ehhhhh, details, details... I'll remember the rest later.. ^_^
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 19:20   Link #5109
Wolfnagi

Rah, you are an idiot!!!
Don't you guys remember, this is actually manga,
maybe Hata can just made that little alien that Nagi meet return with a an invasion force! (Kero)
or maybe Midas need is just love.

Anyway, the worst case scenario is alredy listed in my probably happen or not:
Hayate die (This definitely won't happen, if he die, than this won't be HnG anymore)
Athena Die (Maybe, but mostly won't. Still, i really like it if she dies saving Hayate or Nagi)
Nagi disinherited (This is impossible, if she disinherited, than thi still won't be HnG)
Hayate is Nagi's father (Impossible, really)
Anybody else time-travel (Unless Shiori create a time machine, that would be impossible except Hayate)
Memory lose (If it temporary, possible. If it forever, impossible)
Midas is Athena's father (Really, if he was her father, than they would be like this: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)( Star Wars)
Midas is Maria's father (Same as above except Hayate might be fighting for Nagi)
Midas is a tomogara (Hahahahahaha, Then Shana come. Hahahaha)
Hayate's Brother is somewhat related to Sanzenin (Related as if no relationship, okay but if Hayate's brother is Nagi's father, than its impossible)
Anyway,thats some of the worst case,
anybody got more?
Old 2009-12-01, 20:29   Link #5110
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Rah, you are an idiot!!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Don't you guys remember, this is actually manga,
maybe Hata can just made that little alien that Nagi meet return with a an invasion force! (Kero)
or maybe Midas need is just love.

Anyway, the worst case scenario is alredy listed in my probably happen or not:
Hayate die (This definitely won't happen, if he die, than this won't be HnG anymore)
Athena Die (Maybe, but mostly won't. Still, i really like it if she dies saving Hayate or Nagi)
Nagi disinherited (This is impossible, if she disinherited, than thi still won't be HnG)
Hayate is Nagi's father (Impossible, really)
Anybody else time-travel (Unless Shiori create a time machine, that would be impossible except Hayate)
Memory lose (If it temporary, possible. If it forever, impossible)
Midas is Athena's father (Really, if he was her father, than they would be like this: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)( Star Wars)
Midas is Maria's father (Same as above except Hayate might be fighting for Nagi)
Midas is a tomogara (Hahahahahaha, Then Shana come. Hahahaha)
Hayate's Brother is somewhat related to Sanzenin (Related as if no relationship, okay but if Hayate's brother is Nagi's father, than its impossible)
Anyway,thats some of the worst case,
anybody got more?

My, my.. look what you did there.

It's a manga, and anything can happen. zod, where are you? I'm getting a feeling of deja vu here.

Nagi is actually a boy cross dressing a girl.
Hayate is a figment of everyone's imagination.
They are all just part of Tama's dream, after he was knocked out by Hayate this one time.

Why are you even denying the various things that you suggested? It's a manga, like you said. Anything can happen, right? Why wouldn't Hayate die? Why can't there be time travel? Why can't there be a case of memory loss? Etc..

Would it make any sense to you if Nagi was the true mastermind behind everything? That everything she did was just an act, and that she's actually an evil demon summoned from hell by Hayate's parents to torment Hayate for all eternity? Uuuuuuuu, that's actually pretty possible, isn't it? It's a manga after all... hahahaha!

Now lets see..

Precisely because it's an original story, a manga in this case, it has a set of laws, rules, a structure, a plot that it follows. There's an expected explanation for everything that did, is, or will happen, that the reader can understand based on the happenings of the previous chapters. It's 251 chapters in, and we, the audience, understand the rules of the world, we somewhat know the boundaries, and what can be expected to happen. What would you think if a black hole suddenly appeared everyone was sucked in and died? Then the next chapter has only white pages. That makes so much sense...

So, what part of the things I said in my previous post you didn't understand?

Hayate given consent to choose Athena? I don't see why Midas wouldn't allow that. Hayate could go visit Athena again, and comply with her demands, but only if he can hold the gem, so that Nagi isn't disinherited. But then again, by doing so, like I mentioned, he could effectively fall in Mikado's trap.

You were Athena's butler for x amount of time, after Nagi told you that you can do that. By being her butler, everything you possessed was also deemed her possession, thus you relinquished her right for the inheritance.

Nagi buying assets by proxy? It makes sense, else she could just buy various commodities, estates, stocks, etc.. and basically absorb all of Mikado's wealth by just owning them, or selling them..
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:19   Link #5111
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Schrödinger's cat.

new worst torments/pains like what? 0.0
could you gimme some examples >.< because
all the movies (with the main character got a memory crash but his/her lover still loved him/her til the end) I've seen in my life always have a good ending 0.0

Quote:

no xD, Mikado made the inheritance because he though there's still a chance to cheat the death (yukario)
he saw Hayate has potensial to help him
but he doesn't want Hayate to notice what he wanted because he though that Hayate will refuse to do that
Mikado loves her daughter more than her granddaughter
If by sacrificing her granddaughter can bring her daughter to life, then he'll do that
He could be made the engagement for tachibana's stone.
The only similliarity they have is their hair, it could be a hair trend, and hayate like it xD
deja vu? xD xD
people can have the same hairstyle, can't they? =)
love relation between superiors and subordinates is an old thing =)
beside, Nagi's dad already dead when she was under 8 years old , and Hayate was under 11 years old, but Hayate's dad still life when Hayate is 16 years old.

and
since i don't like to discuss bout mikado ( i hate him xD ) except if i don't have any choice
okay then :P

Quote:

lol
we need Isumi and "the others" to do that

so u means, losing him is better than losing memory bout him?
when people lose their dog, they'll ask : where's my dog? >.< oh i lost it T__T
when people lose their memory bout their dog, they'll ask : did i have a dog? 0.0 oh there u r ^^

nooo, that would be the end of HnG, nooo.... xD

Quote:
Nagi isn't like Maria nor A-tan who can do almost everything.
Nagi is saved in her mansion.
she doesn't want the inheritance, but she still needs it.
She is still 13 years old and still working on her business, but her business isn't enough to live without that world of "spoiled by Mikado."
She isn't good with "adaptation"
It's hard to change a habit or to get out from an addiction, especially for Nagi.
but, at least, she did her best.
The world of "spoiled by Mikado" is the greatest addiction for her, and she knew it.
She doesn't depend all her life in money.
She depends on Hayate, Maria, Tama, her late mother, etc too.
She knows that money can't buy everything, but she still needs that money.
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:51   Link #5112
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
all the movies (with the main character got a memory crash but his/her lover still loved him/her til the end) I've seen in my life always have a good ending 0.0
Right now, her main suffering is her misunderstanding with Hayate; the most important person to her right now. If she lost that, It WILL BE WORST PAIN.Moreover, what is more scarier and suffer than living in a world without knowing anyone including yourself.
It will not benefit Athena nor Hayate if she lost her memory, and this isn't just some kind of amnesia that you know you will be able to recover. How do you know she will ever get her memories and past back? What if she stays like that forever with that great change of personality "that no one will able to recognize who she is."

I'll leave the movies you saw to yourself. It may or may not end up good but who cares. We are talking her benefit and her feelings which have NOTHING to do with those in the movies you saw.

Quote:
no xD, Mikado made the inheritance because he though there's still a chance to cheat the death (yukario)
but he doesn't want Hayate to notice what he wanted because he though that Hayate will refuse to do that
If by sacrificing her granddaughter can bring her daughter to life, then he'll do that
The only similliarity they have is their hair, it could be a hair trend, and hayate like it xD
deja vu? xD xD
beside, Nagi's dad already dead when she was under 8 years old , and Hayate was under 11 years old, but Hayate's dad still life when Hayate is 16 years old.
Wait, wait, wait, and Nagi's mother is not Mikado's real daughter but just an adopted daughter and same goes for Nagi. And Nagi's father, I see very clearly that something is going on; oooo, there is a purpose why he looks sooooo familiar to Hayate. Ah yes, that's Hayate's real father, and Hayate was just an adopted son to his current parents. And this and that....Be a critic will ya? Anything can happen if it isn't proven, right?

Quote:
lol
we need Isumi and "the others" to do that

so u means, losing him is better than losing memory bout him?[/B]
when people lose their memory bout their dog, they'll ask : did i have a dog? 0.0 oh there u r ^^

nooo, that would be the end of HnG, nooo.... xD
Whether who did it is irrelevant. We are talking what benefits her...

Mind explaining what you mean?
Losing a memories about a dog is comparable to lose the memory of 16 years of your life which ultimately can change you into completely different person with the possession of a spirit? Isn't this funny...

And all I thought you care about was to reducing this pain and that pain...

Quote:
She is still 13 years old and still working on her business, but her business isn't enough to live without that world of "spoiled by Mikado."
It's hard to change a habit or to get out from an addiction, especially for Nagi.
The world of "spoiled by Mikado" is the greatest addiction for her, and she knew it.
She isn't like Maria nor A-tan which is precisely why it benefits her to train herself to be more capable, not just a spoiled rich kid.
She won't die just because she lost the inheritance, and she has Maria to support her. She did said she can support herself without the inheritance. Moreover, it is because of the rich world she was provided that make her so incompetence.
Staying inside the mansion is save but she still could get targeted once she go outside. She won't be free from kidnapping, etc... as long as she is rich. But she WILL be free if she doesn't have the money and living in the world could teach her a thing or two.
The "great addiction" is precisely why it will benefit if she could escape from it. If she won't even start, she will be traped in that world of addiction forever, and ever, and ever..
Lol, ok...she depends on blah, blah, blah which she won't have most of it without money from birth. Everything she does revolve around money.
If Nagi really needs money to survive, Athena has plenty to give to her, whether it's out of compassion, gratitude, or just because she doesn't want to see Hayate unhappy. It seems like it is much more beneficial to destroy the stone.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:03   Link #5113
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Thank you.

My, my.. look what you did there.

It's a manga, and anything can happen. zod, where are you? I'm getting a feeling of deja vu here.

Nagi is actually a boy cross dressing a girl.
Hayate is a figment of everyone's imagination.
They are all just part of Tama's dream, after he was knocked out by Hayate this one time.

Why are you even denying the various things that you suggested? It's a manga, like you said. Anything can happen, right? Why wouldn't Hayate die? Why can't there be time travel? Why can't there be a case of memory loss? Etc..

Would it make any sense to you if Nagi was the true mastermind behind everything? That everything she did was just an act, and that she's actually an evil demon summoned from hell by Hayate's parents to torment Hayate for all eternity? Uuuuuuuu, that's actually pretty possible, isn't it? It's a manga after all... hahahaha!

Now lets see..

Precisely because it's an original story, a manga in this case, it has a set of laws, rules, a structure, a plot that it follows. There's an expected explanation for everything that did, is, or will happen, that the reader can understand based on the happenings of the previous chapters. It's 251 chapters in, and we, the audience, understand the rules of the world, we somewhat know the boundaries, and what can be expected to happen. What would you think if a black hole suddenly appeared everyone was sucked in and died? Then the next chapter has only white pages. That makes so much sense...

So, what part of the things I said in my previous post you didn't understand?

Hayate given consent to choose Athena? I don't see why Midas wouldn't allow that. Hayate could go visit Athena again, and comply with her demands, but only if he can hold the gem, so that Nagi isn't disinherited. But then again, by doing so, like I mentioned, he could effectively fall in Mikado's trap.

You were Athena's butler for x amount of time, after Nagi told you that you can do that. By being her butler, everything you possessed was also deemed her possession, thus you relinquished her right for the inheritance.

Nagi buying assets by proxy? It makes sense, else she could just buy various commodities, estates, stocks, etc.. and basically absorb all of Mikado's wealth by just owning them, or selling them..
I can't understand what you saying Rah?
Allright, we all are thinking far away from Hata's thinking,
wee all need to get back to real world for a while,
so let think this as this way, Hayate suddenly found the third option which saves both of them and they all return to Japan, happily.
FIN

Quote:
Vol, lets not talk about that,
as your friend,
i think you have't watch the 6 Day from Arnold Swarrcgfbdsf-whatever

Quote:
deja vu? xD xD
Which Father does't love her daugther/son right,
but in Mikado case,
he is crazy,
Almost everybody know that you daugther/son will hate you forever if you hurt their child even if you want to protect your own son/daughter,
So he actually breaking parentship rules by sacrificing his granddaughter for his daughter,
that would make him hated by Yukariko forever!

Quote:
so u means, losing him is better than losing memory bout him?
Well,
you kinda right Vol except what happen if she suddenly remember all those things,
that would be very bad

Quote:
Just like Vol said,
she know that money is not that important but she also knew that she need the money,
she can survived without money but she can't survived without Hayate and Maria (Well, she can't lived without Maria is the most important baecause Maria is the one who has been taking care of her before Hayate came)
So she knew that she doesn't need money,
all she need is the most important person to her,
well two most important person!

Quote:
She isn't like Maria nor A-tan which is precisely why it benefits her to train herself to be more capable, not just a spoiled rich kid.
She won't die just because she lost the inheritance, and she has Maria to support her. She did said she can support herself without the inheritance. Moreover, it is because of the rich world she was provided that make her so incompetence.
Staying inside the mansion is save but she still could get targeted once she go outside. She won't be free from kidnapping, etc... as long as she is rich. But she WILL be free if she doesn't have the money and living in the world could teach her a thing or two.
The "great addiction" is precisely why it will benefit if she could escape from it. If she won't even start, she will be traped in that world of addiction forever, and ever, and ever..
Lol, ok...she depends on blah, blah, blah which she won't have most of it without money from birth. Everything she does revolve around money.
If Nagi really needs money to survive, Athena has plenty to give to her, whether it's out of compassion, gratitude, or just because she doesn't want to see Hayate unhappy. It seems like it is much more beneficial to destroy the stone.
Well, first thing is, she still not be free from kidnapping!
this because this is a bad world a people can kidnap her to do anything they like right?
so she still not be free from bad things,
second, addiction takes time to recover,
it's like smoking, once you start, it be hard to stop yourself from smoking but if you reduced it bit by bit, you can finally stop smoking unless you prefer cold turkey which makes you stop smoking at all but that is the hardest,
Zod, you an idiot because you recommended cold turkey but cold turkey only effective to a very determined person who can stop their wants!
So she does need the inheritance even if she want to use less money,
its all takes time.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:15   Link #5114
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
I can't understand what you saying Rah?
Allright, we all are thinking far away from Hata's thinking,
wee all need to get back to real world for a while,
so let think this as this way, Hayate suddenly found the third option which saves both of them and they all return to Japan, happily.
FIN
I think what Rah's trying to say is that you are contradicting yourself by saying this is a manga and everything can happen while listing things which are impossible to occur.
Quote:
Which Father does't love her daugther/son right,
but in Mikado case,
he is crazy,
Almost everybody know that you daugther/son will hate you forever if you hurt their child even if you want to protect your own son/daughter,
So he actually breaking parentship rules by sacrificing his granddaughter for his daughter,
that would make him hated by Yukariko forever!
Best example to counter this: Hayate's parents.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 01:18   Link #5115
Wolfnagi

oh, i understand.
Well, the list is actually what i think Hata won't put in this manga
because of that i say its impossible,
anyway, addition:
anything can happen in manga but not everything can happen in a single manga!
So even thought anything can happen, everything cannot happen if the story does't allow it.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:25   Link #5116
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
oh, i understand.
Well, the list is actually what i think Hata won't put in this manga
because of that i say its impossible,
anyway, addition:
anything can happen in manga but not everything can happen in a single manga!
So even thought anything can happen, everything cannot happen if the story does't allow it.
I think you are contradicting youself. Since you said anything can happen in a manga, it covers everything that could happen in a manga, not excluding what you think will not happen in a manga. If the story you refer to is literature, then that might be different, but since this is in a manga, like you said, anything might happen. For this manga exclusively, We've had a boy who could ride a bike faster than a car, survive a fight with katana-armed SP & Yakuza, girls who can use magic, aliens, ghosts, practically anything is possible to be added into this story, especially since this is a comedy manga.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:30   Link #5117
Wolfnagi

Long stories short,
anything can happen in manga! (any manga)
BUT not everything can happen in a single manga! (HnG)
Its like a series of Unfortunate event,
anything can happen to the Baudelairs but not everything can happen to them! like their parent suddenly revived because its impossible!
Same as HnG, except the dead can show their spirits!! in dreams or something like that

Anyway,
i have broken my patience and read chap 251,
What will happen?
Old 2009-12-02, 01:32   Link #5118
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Long stories short,
anything can happen in manga! (any manga)
BUT not everything can happen in a single manga! (HnG)
Then explain why there's aliens, ghosts, magic, time travelling etc. when HnG isn't even a supernatural type of manga. You don't have to bother if you don't want to, we can just drop it.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:52   Link #5119
Wolfnagi

I think aliens is part of Yukariko mystery because tha alien that Nagi draw years ago resemble it.
The ghost and magic is part of Saginomiya mystery.
The time travelling is actually meant to show that Hayate is actually Nagi's butler past, present and future.
Happy?
and if you read A series of an unfortunate event,
there are also mysteries like this (Giant snakes, Abandoned house and many more)
but it only happen once,
like HnG, it can only happen oce or twice (Time-travelling might be more,
oh yeah, time travel and alien is actually sci-fi, magic is fantasy)
Old 2009-12-02, 01:58   Link #5120
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
I think aliens is part of Yukariko mystery because tha alien that Nagi draw years ago resemble it.
The ghost and magic is part of Saginomiya mystery.
The time travelling is actually meant to show that Hayate is actually Nagi's butler past, present and future.
Happy?
and if you read A series of an unfortunate event,
there are also mysteries like this (Giant snakes, Abandoned house and many more)
but it only happen once,
like HnG, it can only happen oce or twice (Time-travelling might be more,
oh yeah, time travel and alien is actually sci-fi, magic is fantasy)
This is manga isn't it though, who's to say 100% that Hata won't repeat what was mentioned again? I didn't bother listing all the genre but since you pointed it out, that just support that alot of different ideas can be added to one story. Since you seem fed up arguing over this, lets just drop it.

Tags
comedy, shounen